Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Not only did I play that lost world level for fun, I almost beat it with the emulator glitch that makes those barrels constantly rotate. I distinctly remember getting to the zingers at the end where you have to shoot vertically, but that was enough to make me go to savestates. It wasn't until later that I learned it was an emulator glitch though. I always thought it was just bullshit hard.

Before I learned to speedrun DKC2, I think Krazy Kremland was my favourite world. The roller coaster levels are awesome, and you get to play as my second favourite animal buddy a bunch. Yes, I do have questionable taste in animal buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
krazy kremland is probably my favorite world in the dkc trilogy

also hold left at the beginning of the rickety race for a fun and wholly unintuitive surprise

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Looper posted:

krazy kremland is probably my favorite world in the dkc trilogy

also hold left at the beginning of the rickety race for a fun and wholly unintuitive surprise

Yeah, we showed that off in the take that got scrapped, along with another unintuitive secret in the bramble level involving brambles that aren't actually brambles. DKC2 gets really weird with its hidden stuff.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Those Zinger hive levels are annoying, but when you use the tag-team ability, you're able to walk over the honey without being mired down. And not surprisingly, the "cutlass guys" are named Kutlass.

Klobber Karnage was the other Lost World level that gave me a lot of trouble as a kid. The Klobbers don't make the level hard, the barrel cannon puzzles do. Supposedly, the TNT Klobbers are named Kaboom, but that might have just been made up by Nintendo Power because they don't show up in the end game credits.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

Those Zinger hive levels are annoying, but when you use the tag-team ability, you're able to walk over the honey without being mired down. And not surprisingly, the "cutlass guys" are named Kutlass.

Klobber Karnage was the other Lost World level that gave me a lot of trouble as a kid. The Klobbers don't make the level hard, the barrel cannon puzzles do. Supposedly, the TNT Klobbers are named Kaboom, but that might have just been made up by Nintendo Power because they don't show up in the end game credits.
They didn't make that up, actually. The ending credits may not distinguish the two, but the manual does.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Y-Hat posted:

And they didn't make them girly kremlings? For shame, Rare.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

FoolyCharged posted:

And they didn't make them girly kremlings? For shame, Rare.

How do we know that they aren't?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Female reptiles tend to be larger than their male counterparts, so maybe the guys with the cannons or the big blue dudes you need team attack for are female? :v:

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 22, 2016

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

I dont know posted:

How do we know that they aren't?

The female Kremlings are apparently designed by someone who has no idea what a female Kremling would look like. The idea of introducing gendered identities to normally non-gendered alligators so often treats the familiar as inherently masculine. Female Kremlings are painted hot yellow and granted the enlarged, fluttery swords so often used to distinguish women from men in lazily drawn cartoons. "Look at that cutlass," declares Diddy and he gets a look at one of the ladykremlings' rear end. In one scene, the game even eroticises

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

The female Kremlings are apparently designed by someone who has no idea what a female Kremling would look like. The idea of introducing gendered identities to normally non-gendered alligators so often treats the familiar as inherently masculine. Female Kremlings are painted hot yellow and granted the enlarged, fluttery swords so often used to distinguish women from men in lazily drawn cartoons. "Look at that cutlass," declares Diddy and he gets a look at one of the ladykremlings' rear end. In one scene, the game even eroticises

go on

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Can I just ask, what the hell is this "Great Ape Wars" thing in the thread title yall keep mentioning in the videos?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

Can I just ask, what the hell is this "Great Ape Wars" thing in the thread title yall keep mentioning in the videos?

http://donkeykong.wikia.com/wiki/The_Great_Ape_War

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Only got one sentence in and

quote:

Funky Kong
(Funky in DK 64 in his army attire)
Funky Kong was known as the "Brown Baron" for being the greatest pilot in the war, though he lost his tail after General Klump shot him down during a dog fight.

what the gently caress :psyduck:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Speaking of the DK Wiki:

quote:

Enguarde the Swordfish
edited by Sqronce
Summary: Changed it from saying "Eduardo" to "Enguarde".

Artix fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 14, 2016

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
That song you guys were talking about sounded like the song in Treetop Town.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

If you think that's weird, you should try to look up the poo poo people wrote about DK Jr. :psyboom:

Not sure it's on the wiki, you might have to dig around GameTheory videos or w/e.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

That song you guys were talking about sounded like the song in Treetop Town.

Tree-Top Bop, if I remember right.

E: nah I'm being dumb, both it and DKC 1's forest music are in that world but it was the forest you were thinking of.

Materant fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 22, 2016

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Mine cart roller coasters make perfect sense. Like in Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

welcome, to the kong kabal

also rare is the king of bullshit collectable gotchas for one reason that'll come up in the next dkc2 video!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I see you said that DK can only solve his problems by punching. I think that's a disservice to the character, so I feel an absolute need to correct this insult towards our beloved primate.

He can also roll into, jump on, kick, headbutt and sometimes shoot his problems.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
And do some sort of vaguely threatening swat/bitchslap, too.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Barrels are also important parts of his conflict resolution. As well as tiny rhinos.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Nah, 5-8 isn't "Do you like spiders?" It's more akin to "OH GOD SPIDERS GET AWAY"

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

lol i get this reference

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Don't the originals need to hold the button to carry? Or did I just do that out of habit?

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

FeyerbrandX posted:

Don't the originals need to hold the button to carry? Or did I just do that out of habit?

I thiiiiiink they do? Been a long time since I played DKC.

I want to give Chaos Argate poo poo for his performance in the two recent videos, but it would be a pot-and-kettle situation considering how bad I am at Tropical Freeze.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
All I could think about from the muncher level was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5NmxTAkKec

Chips Challenged
Jun 26, 2012

Bummer.
"DOES EVERYBODY KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS!?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t0aaeA9Rv4

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

I apologize for nothing.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I was expecting the baseline from Stinkfist or 10000 days to kick in to the rhythm of the hut.

I am very disappointed.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Juicy Jungle, Part 1 :siren:

Today, CJacobs and I travel to the jungle and play the absolute worst level level in the game. At least it's all up from here? :confuoot:

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
The flower at the end of reckless ride will eat the penguin if you wait long enough.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
That's probably my favorite rocketbarrel level in the game. There are others with great setpieces like the cheese wheel, but when that penguin busted out of the door in that loving Dr. Robotnik style mech the first time, I just lost it I was laughing so hard.

Also fun fact you have to maintain Dixie through the entire level to get the last puzzle piece of that stage. DK by himself doesn't have enough height to reach it.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
No platform game is complete without Delicious Fruit!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
On the topic of batshit Mortal Kombat DLC characters, How about Leatherface and the Xenomorph by way of Baraka's chest cavity?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The ninja you're thinking of is Tremor, who was in one of the Mortal Kombat spinoffs as a member of the Black Dragon (aka, Kano's gang) prior to being reinvented for MKX.

Given how they're going down the list of horror villains, I fully expect Michael Meyers and Hannibal Lecter to be future DLC at this point. The only question is if Lecter will be voiced by Sir Anthony Hopkins or Mads Mikkelsen.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Square watermelons are freakin' cool man!!

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Since you mentioned Mortal Kombat in the video, I thought this Youtube clip would be appropriate

masam
May 27, 2010
I feel dumb but I haven't smiled like that in while because of something so dorky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Zuzie posted:

Since you mentioned Mortal Kombat in the video, I thought this Youtube clip would be appropriate

And now I'm reminded of how long it's been since I last watched VGCW.

• Locked thread