Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Haha, that reference to M Night Shyamalan's evil elevator movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Kesper North posted:

My understanding is we get all eight episodes at midnight on January 31.

Where is that info? Can't find anything that says that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh my God is it the 31st yet?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If that's true then boy am I glad I took the 1st of Feb off work.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Here's an interview with Doc and Jackson.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm looking forward to Shirt Club, my OSI shirt is starting to wear a bit thin.

There's no chance that every episode is going to drop at once. That's not how [AS] works.

I'm so confident that I'm right that I'll :toxx: myself. If every episode of Venture Bros. Season 6 is released January 31st through official channels, I'll take a ban.

Cloks fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 21, 2016

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

according to my tivo schedule, it is just one episode at a time

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Machai posted:

according to my tivo schedule, it is just one episode at a time

No way, one episode at a time? Why, that just sounds downright... sensible.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Confirms the number of episodes is eight because the first two were used as the Gargantua 2 special. Maybe that's old news, but I hadn't seen it before.

quote:

Publick: You’re going to get eight episodes. We produced this season as ten, but split off the first two a the Gargantuan special. We don’t get to finish our arc this season as there are still plenty of plates up in the air in the last episode. We ran out of episodes, but we had more to say.

I always enjoy interviews where the interviewer doesn't seem to know much about the show. This dude seems to have seen the Gargantua 2 special, the first new episode and mayyyybe read the Wikipedia page.

quote:

In the All This And Gargantua-2 hour-long special, the longtime leader of the Council of 13, the Sovereign, was revealed to be a shapeshifter and later killed by hunters as he was in the shape of an eagle, leaving the Council without leadership or direction. Also, Jonas died, leaving Rusty his multi-billion dollar industry and his new headquarters in New York, which causes Dr. Venture to faint.

quote:

Nrama: Okay, so let’s talk about Sheila's ascension to the Council. I think this is a really big thing because it’s been building for a while. How important is this for the season?

Hammer: I still think it’s funny you’re on first-name basis with Dr. Mrs. The Monarch

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
He also calls The Monarch "Malcolm." Who the hell calls him Malcolm? At first I was going to disagree with you but then I read to that part. It became clear he just read some wiki pages and saw The Monarch's real name is Malcolm and wanted to seem like he was hip to Venture Brothers.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
There's no way in hell the Monarch still uses the name Malcolm. He probably had his legal name changed years ago.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

He also calls The Monarch "Malcolm." Who the hell calls him Malcolm? At first I was going to disagree with you but then I read to that part. It became clear he just read some wiki pages and saw The Monarch's real name is Malcolm and wanted to seem like he was hip to Venture Brothers.

Whaaaaaat, is that in any of the episodes because I've watched this show quite a bit and I don't remember it ever coming up.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It was a quick line in a flashback, he gets called Malcolm. Of course turbonerds who edit Wikis latch onto trivia like that like Scrooge McDuck latches on a penny.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

It was a quick line in a flashback, he gets called Malcolm. Of course turbonerds who edit Wikis latch onto trivia like that like Scrooge McDuck latches on a penny.

I would have gone with "turbonerds who edit Wikis dive into trivia like that like Scrooge McDuck dives into a pile of gold coins," but yeah, pretty much this.

And I don't think he'd legally change his name. He loves the game, and part of the game is that your supervillain name isn't your real name, though it can be a pun based off of it.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I also think, although I could be wrong, that Dr. Mrs. the Monarch called him Malcolm at least once. I think maybe back when she was still Dr. Girlfriend and they had their big fight, or shortly after when he was trying to reconcile.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Shadowman 9: In the Cradle of Destiny. The Monarch blows up part of a building at the university and some guy runs up shouting "Hey Malcolm!"

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

achillesforever6 posted:

Yay they got Clancy Brown as that Red Skull looking guy

Holy poo poo! Awesome!

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

quote:

Publick: You’re going to get eight episodes. We produced this season as ten, but split off the first two a the Gargantuan special. We don’t get to finish our arc this season as there are still plenty of plates up in the air in the last episode. We ran out of episodes, but we had more to say.
Noooooooo 3 years to wrap up this season, yessss more guaranteed episodes!! The most aggravating and rewarding series to watch ever.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
The worst part to me is that means no double-length episodes - those are some of the best.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cojawfee posted:

Shadowman 9: In the Cradle of Destiny. The Monarch blows up part of a building at the university and some guy runs up shouting "Hey Malcolm!"

I love that in college, The Monarch was a classic punk.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

6-year plan man posted:

Noooooooo 3 years to wrap up this season, yessss more guaranteed episodes!! The most aggravating and rewarding series to watch ever.

My reaction to the news is appropriately/ironically summed up by "6-year plan man".

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

I love that in college, The Monarch was a classic punk.

Well, he blew up a lab in order to assassinate TS. More of a homicidal criminal than a classic punk.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Probably my favorite part is how Rusty gets blamed for that accident that happen to Baron Underbite when it was the Monarch. Though knowing Rusty he probably just shoved Baron out of the way to get away from the explosion.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Shindragon posted:

Probably my favorite part is how Rusty gets blamed for that accident that happen to Baron Underbite when it was the Monarch. Though knowing Rusty he probably just shoved Baron out of the way to get away from the explosion.

As I remember it, Rusty wasn't even in the building when the explosion happened. Monarch had thought he would be, but didn't know that he'd been sent home because his father had died.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Rusty actually got blamed for it.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Cojawfee posted:

Rusty actually got blamed for it.

They took a lot of his inheritance for it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Also wasn't when Rusty/Brock went to Underland that Brock was like uh doc, you might wanna protect yourself, this is Baron Underbite you are dealing with and Rusty is aloof going he can't still be mad about the science lab incident.

And then Brock goes LOOK AROUND YOU JACKASS *points at all Rusty hate posters*

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

That crap with his jaw? Never proven.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Any sign of a T-shirt club for this season?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

echomadman posted:

Any sign of a T-shirt club for this season?

Yeah they said one week before the debut.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I've never done shirt club. Do you have to go all in at the start or can you buy individual shirts if you like them?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
You can do both, but if you go all in you get an extra shirt. I think they usually preview the extra shirt, but not the others until the episode airs.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Machai posted:

I've never done shirt club. Do you have to go all in at the start or can you buy individual shirts if you like them?

Just do it.

I hope they give HankBucks again this year. I still have all of mine!

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Machai posted:

You can do both, but be careful if you're outside the US, i did the bulk order last time and they put the full price for the whole lot on each individual package, meaning customs tried to hit me for full import duties on each one. I had to refuse the delivery on the first two and get them to send them all to me in one package at the end of the season.

I hope this seasons are better than last time, there were a few weak shirts in the lot and i'd bought them sight unseen. The ones from the first run are still my favourite shirts.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I bought the Dr Girlfriend one from the first run and the OSI one from the second.

Dr Girlfriend is retired because it started to crack. OSI is my gym shirt because it makes me feel more awesome.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
They said in the last posted interview that they're all what they consider to be great designs.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Cloks posted:

They said in the last posted interview that they're all what they consider to be great designs.

Rather than just the "Dean!" Shirt that they overestimated the popularity of.

(It totally should have been a "Go Team Boobies" shirt for that episode.)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Angular Landbury posted:

Rather than just the "Dean!" Shirt that they overestimated the popularity of.

(It totally should have been a "Go Team Boobies" shirt for that episode.)

Am I the only person who loves that shirt? :smith:

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Red posted:

My fiance wore that Dean! shirt until it was almost totally unrecognizable. Easily her favorite (and mine).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Red posted:

For which episode was it? I mean, "Dean!" was a bit of a running joke in that season.