Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Will she become visible if she dies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tokoyami's Dark Shadow could be the traitor, It could be creeping around at night when he sleeps, and even Tokoyami would know about it.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Dammit Deku you totally had the chance to say "Because I'm here!" and you don't take it?!

Still though, yet another good chapter. Actually kinda curious about the setup here, since its deliberately trying to nix Deku's options from when he fought Stain, whilst also giving him a roughly 'level' opponent (ie, another super strength user with seemingly few other gimmicks). I'm left wondering if it'll be a matter of pure skill, or if some clever use of the environment'll be necessary.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Astro Nut posted:

Dammit Deku you totally had the chance to say "Because I'm here!" and you don't take it?!

Still though, yet another good chapter. Actually kinda curious about the setup here, since its deliberately trying to nix Deku's options from when he fought Stain, whilst also giving him a roughly 'level' opponent (ie, another super strength user with seemingly few other gimmicks). I'm left wondering if it'll be a matter of pure skill, or if some clever use of the environment'll be necessary.

It'll probably be the kid hulking out which in some way teaches Deku how to access a new level of All For One.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The interesting thing is that outside of the 3 dudes we apparently didn't see yet, Midoriya is stuck fighting the only one with known kills on pro heroes.

And this guy killed TWO in one go.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I read MS and WSJ side by side and one thing bothered me.

On the last page, Deku is doubting whether or not he can win against the villain and protect Kouta at the same time, then he looks back and sees Kouta crying. In MS he says "I am so hosed!!" while in WSJ he says "No, I have to!" I'd have to read the original to know which is true but the WSJ one is certainly better for Deku's character.

EDIT: Obvs MS being bad isn't news, but it's the stark difference between the two that stood out to me.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Pretty sure it's the later. That first translation doesn't sound like Deku at all.

Freaking great chapter. Pretty much every series in Jump this week was really good.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

By the way liquorice is loving great, don't believe Ondore's lies.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Astro Nut posted:

I fee like one way he could win is to somehow do something that challenges his opponent in terms of pure strength and releasing more of OfA's power after fooling him into thinking he's weaker. That being said, I doubt this will happen since it looks like Deku's done with the self-harming use of his power.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
FA translation is up:

http://manga.famatg.com/read/my_hero_academia/en/0/74/page/1

Nothing really that different outside of all of the nerdy debate between the various scanlators over how to translate "Candy and Whip" saying.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fabricated posted:

FA translation is up:

http://manga.famatg.com/read/my_hero_academia/en/0/74/page/1

Nothing really that different outside of all of the nerdy debate between the various scanlators over how to translate "Candy and Whip" saying.

whats the point of them doing it if they can't even release before the licensed version

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Does this fucker have a sword made of swords?

I love these 90s-as villains.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Please.

It's a sword made of knives.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The cutting edge.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jose posted:

whats the point of them doing it if they can't even release before the licensed version
I don't see the Viz version posted anywhere outside of imageboards really. Also Viz's version is kind of lovely and dry and they gently caress up stuff too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't notice this dryness you guys keep talking about, it's just fine.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The blood hero being named Vlad makes a lot more sense than Brad.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't notice this dryness you guys keep talking about, it's just fine.

It just lacks some of the character scanlations have given it. All Might isn't as boistrous, Bakugou's sailor mouth is obviously a little less severe (understandable but still unfortunate), everyone just comes across ever so slightly more boring.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I guess it's not so much of a loss as to be a dealbreaker for me. Different strokes. Plus, I'm supporting the series and that makes me feel good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

Does this fucker have a sword made of swords?

I love these 90s-as villains.

Spinner is a try hard. I figured he would be like that once he started Cosplaying as Stain.

Also while he did not get too much attention. Monoma is hilarious.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 20, 2016

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers and stuff seem to be coming out at the usual times (late Wednesday/Thursday) again, which is cool. :toot:

Short nondescriptive spoiler if Chinese summary is right: Midoriya owns. In Non-Midoriya things, there is a very grim implication for one of the students/teachers not accounted for yet.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jan 21, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chapter's up in Korean.

Fabricated posted:

Spoilers and stuff seem to be coming out at the usual times (late Wednesday/Thursday) again, which is cool. :toot:

Short nondescriptive spoiler if Chinese summary is right: Midoriya owns. In Non-Midoriya things, there is a very grim implication for one of the students/teachers not accounted for yet.

You... weren't kidding. On the second page... Who's... arm is that? The ones who went before Bakugou and Todoroki were Tokoyami and Shoji...

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/604215

Chapter in Korean if you're willing to see untranslated spoilers.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Chapter's up in Korean.

You... weren't kidding. On the second page... Who's... arm is that? The ones who went before Bakugou and Todoroki were Tokoyami and Shoji...

Worth noting that one of those students does have replicating limbs...

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Fabricated posted:

http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/604215

Chapter in Korean if you're willing to see untranslated spoilers.

DEKU GOING 100%
:tviv:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
uh it's bakugou's arm duh. it is a good day to die

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

kidcoelacanth posted:

Worth noting that one of those students does have replicating limbs...
Shouji's limbs don't regenerate as far as I know. He can just turn them into different parts of his body. Also he's huge and his arms are webbed together.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Clearly it's just a prop for the test of courage, and no one actually lost an arm.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Comic's up on Mangastream

The villains are definitely not loving around with this attack, especially if that arm actually belongs to someone. Interesting that besides Deku, Bakugou seems to be the highest priority target. Maybe it's because he was the winner of the sports festival?

Also looking forward to a full power One For All blow next week.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
^^ I bet they're trying to recruit Bakugou

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm being hopeful that there isn't going to be any reversal to this. Deku's plan was pretty good given the situation, and even if a 100% OfA blow misses just the shockwave would probably still do damage from that distance. More importantly, Deku will be useless after this, so it kind of has to work unless he's going to rescued by someone (which I doubt since it explicitly had him thinking about how no one will come to rescue him).

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the severed arm was pretty morbid, and a bit further than I was expecting this to go. wonder if it actually is one of the kids' arms or if there's something more to it, like maybe one of their quirks is regeneration/it's a prop/it's something that villain set up to unnerve them

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

the severed arm was pretty morbid, and a bit further than I was expecting this to go. wonder if it actually is one of the kids' arms or if there's something more to it, like maybe one of their quirks is regeneration/it's a prop/it's something that villain set up to unnerve them

They said the guys ahead of them were Tokoyami and Shouji. The latter has spares. Prepared to bet he sacrificed one (or several) to Cenobite-dude so they could flee.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Ytlaya posted:

I'm being hopeful that there isn't going to be any reversal to this. Deku's plan was pretty good given the situation, and even if a 100% OfA blow misses just the shockwave would probably still do damage from that distance. More importantly, Deku will be useless after this, so it kind of has to work unless he's going to rescued by someone (which I doubt since it explicitly had him thinking about how no one will come to rescue him).

That guy is going to lose his head and Deku's arm is going to come off.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

I will actually be kinda annoyed if this is true.

JD posted:

^^ I bet they're trying to recruit Bakugou
Nah, it's more likely they properly studied the class this goaround and prepared countermeasures for everyone. Muscleman seems like the type that could facetank his explosions.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 23, 2016

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mr. Fowl posted:

The arm they saw was actually Deku's arm after he punched so hard it went back in time.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
100%? midoriya's going to tear this guy's head off even if he misses

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl

Mr. Fowl posted:

Yeah, there's like no scenario where this ends well for Deku because I'm pretty sure he'll either kill the dude and totally mess himself up because of that or he won't and then the dude will do something very unpleasant.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

HellishWhiskers posted:

Yeah, there's like no scenario where this ends well for Deku because I'm pretty sure he'll either kill the dude and totally mess himself up because of that or he won't and then the dude will do something very unpleasant.
This guy seems really loving tough. It wouldn't shock me if he just gets blown away rather than gibbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'll excited to see deku explode