Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

Power storage is really only available in Mekanism's storage cubes or whatever they're called. If you've got a recent version of Regrowth, there should be quests for them once you unlock the Mekanism quest line.

Automated farming of crops is either done with Thaumcraft golems or Forestry multifarms.

I believe biome changing is done with Witchery, but I got bored of Regrowth before I made it there.

The induction matrix cube? because gently caress that. I did that on the goon server with project E. Think i blew about 30mill emc just on the gold.

Im guessing the rolling machine is the way to go, but im dicking around with thaumcraft now that its open. Plan is to get those golems up so i can at least harvest.

Problem with regrowth now, is the botania version is way out of date, and losing runes/remaking them sucks.

There needs to be an automated device to do like 10 of them at once (so 30 runes of the lesser crap you need a billion of)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
What version of Regrowth are you playing? 0.9.1 has a pretty recent version of Botania

For power storage I'd just go with a big Steel tank. Steam is power

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Magres posted:

What version of Regrowth are you playing? 0.9.1 has a pretty recent version of Botania

For power storage I'd just go with a big Steel tank. Steam is power

if i update will my gave transfer across?

And when going to the spirit world, how the gently caress are you meant to stay alive for more than 1 minute. The nightmare spawns directly infront of you if you run too far and its over.

I managed to get 1 cotton from 3 tries...

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Nope, the new updates break things

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

i tried it anyhow, and it worked. No idea why, i remember last time it stuffed everything up.

My next question, is how are you crafting coal from coal essence using a crafty crate? there needs to be a placeholder in the middle?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Meskhenet posted:

i tried it anyhow, and it worked. No idea why, i remember last time it stuffed everything up.

My next question, is how are you crafting coal from coal essence using a crafty crate? there needs to be a placeholder in the middle?

There are pattern items you can craft that lock the crafty crate into a specific configuration. One of them is a donut pattern, like you'd use to make a furnace. With the pattern so applied, you can just indiscriminately pump in coal essence and have it pop out coal with no thought.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Is there an interesting/entertaining modded MC LP I can watch in the background that isn't direwolf? I don't really care what modpack or whatever it is.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Taffer posted:

Is there an interesting/entertaining modded MC LP I can watch in the background that isn't direwolf? I don't really care what modpack or whatever it is.

If being constantly angry because the players fail at the simplest of tasks while beautifully showcasing how needlessly unintuitive mods are sustains your very being, then any of the modded MC series with Simon and Lewis

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

If being constantly angry because the players fail at the simplest of tasks while beautifully showcasing how needlessly unintuitive mods are sustains your very being, then any of the modded MC series with Simon and Lewis

The Bomb

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Magmarashi posted:

It's been a while since I've watched them. Last time I went to their channel though there wasn't much MC stuff, and it was mostly gimmick one-offs like that arena battle thing they did. I'm looking for something long and slow to have on in the background while I'm working.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Taffer posted:

It's been a while since I've watched them. Last time I went to their channel though there wasn't much MC stuff, and it was mostly gimmick one-offs like that arena battle thing they did. I'm looking for something long and slow to have on in the background while I'm working.

They recently 'finished' lovely spergy HQM pack Blast Off and are now working on lovely spergy HQM pack Journey to the Core over on Duncan's channel, and Sjin's channel (same crew) has their Druidz serieseses

I'd watch the former two if only to hear Lewis completely unravel over time

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Taffer posted:

I just got done re-watching the old Blast Off series, was still pretty good.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Glory of Arioch posted:

Power storage is really only available in Mekanism's storage cubes or whatever they're called. If you've got a recent version of Regrowth, there should be quests for them once you unlock the Mekanism quest line.

Meskhenet posted:

The induction matrix cube? because gently caress that. I did that on the goon server with project E. Think i blew about 30mill emc just on the gold.

The literal Mekanism Energy Cubes that are named just that, which were used to craft the induction matrix cube internals.

Pi In The Sky
Dec 31, 2015

Echophonic posted:

I just got done re-watching the old Blast Off series, was still pretty good.

I hated that series at first, but it got a lot better over time as the sheer "what the gently caress"ness of the pack, and the antics of Duncan and Sjin, slowly drove Lewis to higher and higher levels of "Christmas Livestream Meltdown".

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

For Thyrork, I was going to mention his starring role in Blightfall as a dead body.

:allears: Works for me! Also I guess you can plug me in as part of the OMPI "staff". Me, KillerofLawyers and a few other goons help Stealtharcher with it and the mantle of "guy whos doing it" has passed several times before. But yeah, mostly by keeping him sane but also config edits back when item ID was a thing. :psyduck: Dont miss them times oh no.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

They recently 'finished' lovely spergy HQM pack Blast Off and are now working on lovely spergy HQM pack Journey to the Core over on Duncan's channel, and Sjin's channel (same crew) has their Druidz serieseses

I'd watch the former two if only to hear Lewis completely unravel over time

I just recently worked through the Jaffa Factory->Moon Quest->Jaffa Quest->Hole Diggers->Deep Space Mine line and jesus christ Lewis' descent into insanity is almost as impressive as their complete inability to learn a goddamn thing

He does it to himself, honestly. He's completely unreliable when it comes to what to do but asserts his lack of knowledge with such authority

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Taffer posted:

I like Wyld's streams on twitch.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ambaire posted:

The literal Mekanism Energy Cubes that are named just that, which were used to craft the induction matrix cube internals.

Yes im aware of these. I made about 1750 of the basic ones on an emc server. That poo poo wont fly in an un-automated regrowth setup.

Plus i still havent build the rolling machine, which is needed to make the sheets for the next machine, to make something for the next.... and so on until i can actually make a mettaluric infuser to start enriching metals to make the circuits needed for the basic energy cube.

Im simply not teched up enough to even start. I looked at the Steel tank too.

I still dont have access to steel >< lol

I thought sticking a diamond on a thaumian pick would raise its level, but it didnt.

And i did find 1 thing that broke in the change. Originally i had a ring of chordata so i could spend time under water. For some reason now, it gives me vision under the water but no breathing..... found out the hard way.

Squirrelo
Mar 3, 2008

Thyrork posted:

:allears: Works for me! Also I guess you can plug me in as part of the OMPI "staff". Me, KillerofLawyers and a few other goons help Stealtharcher with it and the mantle of "guy whos doing it" has passed several times before. But yeah, mostly by keeping him sane but also config edits back when item ID was a thing. :psyduck: Dont miss them times oh no.

Oh god don't remind me.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

My daughters (7y & 4y) love this one, along with all of the Yogscast videos. :)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

Yes im aware of these. I made about 1750 of the basic ones on an emc server. That poo poo wont fly in an un-automated regrowth setup.

Plus i still havent build the rolling machine, which is needed to make the sheets for the next machine, to make something for the next.... and so on until i can actually make a mettaluric infuser to start enriching metals to make the circuits needed for the basic energy cube.

Im simply not teched up enough to even start. I looked at the Steel tank too.

I still dont have access to steel >< lol

I thought sticking a diamond on a thaumian pick would raise its level, but it didnt.

And i did find 1 thing that broke in the change. Originally i had a ring of chordata so i could spend time under water. For some reason now, it gives me vision under the water but no breathing..... found out the hard way.

There's also an iron tank, though I think you need the rolling machine for it

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Meskhenet posted:

Dumb question, but you are aware that the energy cubes can be used for energy storage, right? I mean, you may have never used them as energy storage before because server admins say not to since they're laggy or used to be laggy, but they're not *that* hard to make and you can upgrade it as you get better materials. I can't imagine you'd need much more than one or two on regrowth.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ambaire posted:

Dumb question, but you are aware that the energy cubes can be used for energy storage, right? I mean, you may have never used them as energy storage before because server admins say not to since they're laggy or used to be laggy, but they're not *that* hard to make and you can upgrade it as you get better materials. I can't imagine you'd need much more than one or two on regrowth.

Yes i use them as storage, no other reason to make them, unless they have some other purpose other than storing energy?

And even 1 or 2 i still far away from where i am in regrowth.

Magres posted:

There's also an iron tank, though I think you need the rolling machine for it

Thanks. This will probably be a lot closer to where i am and usable. I spent a bit of time trying to work with diamond transport pipes, but christ, they suck compared to the simplicity of what ive used before. After a few hours of getting nowhere i ended up doing single pipe networks to individual draw controllers. The piping under my base is glorious.

Which means im all set yo make this rolling machine today :)

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Taffer posted:

i agree their best to date was the jaffa factory

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Please forgive me for asking this, since I might've just missed the answer, but what's the current bottleneck for 1.8 modpacks? Are we waiting on the patchers, some technical aspect, or are there just no assembled 1.8 modpacks yet?

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
There are some 1.8.9 mods but not really enough to make a cohesive pack. There isn't a big tech mod even close to moving as far as I know. There is some forge change that's holding KingLemming back from even releasing an RF api for 1.8.9 so until that gets sorted out or some other, new tech mod comes out of nowhere I don't think you'll see any packs that aren't "All 37 of the 1.8.9 mods that sort of work" themed.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
If you're looking for dumb Yogscast MC series, there are two ongoing but not on the main channel- Druidz on Sjin's channel and To The Core on Duncan's.

To The Core is particularly brilliant because it's the perfect combination of a ridiculous HQM pack and, well, moments like this

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Cryohazard posted:

If you're looking for dumb Yogscast MC series, there are two ongoing but not on the main channel- Druidz on Sjin's channel and To The Core on Duncan's.

To The Core is particularly brilliant because it's the perfect combination of a ridiculous HQM pack and, well, moments like this

Hearing that man scream in pure anguish was amazing

oh my god hahahahahahha

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Squirrelo posted:

Oh god don't remind me.

Also this guy. This guy was very important to OMPI. :allears:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, this morning, our server crashed. It was brought back up by the automated system, but I'm wondering what caused it to crash. here is a pastebin of the crash report. Am I reading it right, that the crash was caused by a player logging out? I can never make sense of these crash reports, but I'd like to know what caused this one, in case it's something I can fix.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Magres posted:

Hearing that man scream in pure anguish was amazing

oh my god hahahahahahha

Incidentally- the Ender Crystal that spawned in their base, when destroyed, erupts into about a dozen TNT. They have no idea.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Cryohazard posted:

Incidentally- the Ender Crystal that spawned in their base, when destroyed, erupts into about a dozen TNT. They have no idea.

Jesus christ what kind of hitler-satan made this modpack?!

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Cryohazard posted:

Sjin might have an idea of it, as he got one in the special room they hollowed out for chance icosahedrons and died of it.

He didn't tell anyone else the specifics of his death though :D

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

McFrugal posted:

Jesus christ what kind of hitler-satan made this modpack?!

It's still several orders of magnitude better than Blast Off.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

neogeo0823 posted:

So, this morning, our server crashed. It was brought back up by the automated system, but I'm wondering what caused it to crash. here is a pastebin of the crash report. Am I reading it right, that the crash was caused by a player logging out? I can never make sense of these crash reports, but I'd like to know what caused this one, in case it's something I can fix.

On a phone so hard to read it all but, it looks like someone was in a bed, and logged out in it. Morpheus, a sleep plugin promptly threw a fit.

I'll look again when I get home.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Anyone got any ideas why my autofarming setup won't work? We have something similar for potatoes that works like a charm, but the drum for some reason will harvest once or twice when I first place it down, then refuses to do anything else. Really annoying! It's just a pretty simple (if large) hovering hourglass -> pulse mana spreader -> drum of the wild setup to harvest the plants, then a bunch of powered hopperhocks to grab everything. The mana pool above the drum has a recessive spark on it and gets bursts from a gaia spreader by our mana generation and pushes power to everything else to keep all the pools powering everything topped off.

E: Okay it seems to be working now? What the gently caress

E2: It's kind of randomly working and not working. I'm so goddamned confused

E3: I think I'm just gonna make a small swarm of golems because I really like watching those little boogers run around harvesting crops

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jan 23, 2016

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Magic Crops is specifically made to try and inhibit other mods from grabbing them for balance.

Goncyn
May 20, 2005
headlight on a northbound train

Magres posted:

Anyone got any ideas why my autofarming setup won't work? We have something similar for potatoes that works like a charm, but the drum for some reason will harvest once or twice when I first place it down, then refuses to do anything else.

There's a bug in Agricraft's support for the drum/horn of the wild. It's been fixed, but they haven't released a new build yet. https://github.com/InfinityRaider/AgriCraft/issues/518

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Turtlicious posted:

Magic Crops is specifically made to try and inhibit other mods from grabbing them for balance.

FffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!! :argh: Seriously magical crops, you're kinda neat, but stop being so terrible.

So Thaumcraft 5, that hilarious moment when you shift rightclick a pair of jars to have them errupt into evil gas. :stonklol: Oh dear, I wonder what i'll do when I finally corrupt my home with flux.

Ey, Ciaphas, how have you been handling that by the way? I've yet to find any tainted lands so getting tainted shards or vitrium(the tainted aspect) is nigh impossible, which means I'm locked out of certain devices. Should I just go full mad science on a containable island and corrupt it utterly?

... I feel like this kind of thinking lead somewhere before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Didn't Magical Crops screw over all vanilla crops already in world with its new rewrite? I seem to remember that being a thing for some reason. If so, does it still do this?