Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
So I've been away from Minecraft stuff for awhile, and the new Thaumcraft version looks really interesting. Are there any other major mods that have updated for 1.8.9?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

RaspberryCommie posted:

So I've been away from Minecraft stuff for awhile, and the new Thaumcraft version looks really interesting. Are there any other major mods that have updated for 1.8.9?

Nothing really tech has, except RFTools has some really early alpha 1.8.9 stuff. I think Botania has an alpha 1.8.9 version going to now, few other magical mods.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Tinkers' Construct has a 1.8.9 version out with the basics and some new materials.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Apparently Thaumcraft addon Witching Gadgets has a dupe bug with the Hungry Bag. Every time you pick something up, every Hungry Bag gets a copy.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Thyrork posted:

Should I just go full mad science on a containable island and corrupt it utterly?

If it's anything like old versions, taint will spread through caves and ruin everything. If you want to do it safe-ish, you have to separate the corrupt land either physically (wide moat that goes to bedrock, with something that stop taint at the bottom, glass maybe?) or through chunk loading. That means, go into the nether, head 500 blocks in one direction, make a portal and exit. That is the area you should taint. It's to far away to be loaded when you are not there, very small risk of stumbling across it by accident.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Witchery has really grown on me. I think it's a little too punishing on altar power and I wish the documentation was better, but it's really enjoyable when you get into it. Apart from the spirit world stuff, gently caress the the brew of flowing spirit. It works quite well when coupled with Thaumcraft.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Is there any way to use Galacticraft and AE2 in 1.7.10 and not be hosed over if you want to use sealers? You can't add AE2 facades as a sealable block because it's not counted as a block but as an item.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

Witchery has really grown on me. I think it's a little too punishing on altar power and I wish the documentation was better, but it's really enjoyable when you get into it. Apart from the spirit world stuff, gently caress the the brew of flowing spirit. It works quite well when coupled with Thaumcraft.

Im starting to like witchery too, using the regrowth pack, but even that has next to no actual help.

My tolerance for watching minecraft videos on youtube is increasing, which isnt something im proud of.

IM up to the part where i need to summon a demon to trade for a heart. So protective cirlce... then the summon.... but it needs to be clear, but there needs to be a villager in there.... its all very simple im sure.

Goncyn
May 20, 2005
headlight on a northbound train
I've watched some of the Jaffa Factory series from YOGSCAST Lewis & Simon since it was mentioned here. It's almost kinda good -- their little skits and antics w/ the competing companies would be genuinely funny if they didn't completely run it into the ground by spending an entire 20-minute episode rambling about high-quality dirt. Get the joke in, and then actually build something! This is still Minecraft right guys? right?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

CrazyTolradi posted:

Is there any way to use Galacticraft and AE2 in 1.7.10 and not be hosed over if you want to use sealers? You can't add AE2 facades as a sealable block because it's not counted as a block but as an item.

Use the quantum chamber thing that let you connect networks wireless? One inside, one outside. Go full retard on it.

Edit:

This one: http://ae-mod.info/ME-Quantum-Network-Bridge/
Make one inside the base, and one outside the base. It will look awesome and really dumb at the same time.

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 24, 2016

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Playstation 4 posted:

On a phone so hard to read it all but, it looks like someone was in a bed, and logged out in it. Morpheus, a sleep plugin promptly threw a fit.

I'll look again when I get home.

That's probably what it is. We have LOTS of random disconnects with our server and we have no clue why. It's hosted on Akliz, and the server usually just reports that the client lost connection. It happens with everyone regardless of physical location, and sometimes seems to happen worse than others. I'm debating getting rid of the Morpheus mod anyway, since we have never ever gotten enough people to sleep in a bed to make it morning, and most people have just learned to deal with it.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
You can change the config to make so that it's just 1 person needed.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Aaaannnd we just crashed again as I was typing that. Here's the relavent bits copied from our server console:

quote:

[10:12:13 ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception

net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Ticking entity

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:971) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:431) ~[lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:809) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:669) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_60]

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70623_bb(EntityLiving.java:546) ~[sw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntitySlime.func_70626_be(EntitySlime.java:142) ~[ym.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70636_d(EntityLivingBase.java:2072) ~[sv.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70636_d(EntityLiving.java:388) ~[sw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1899) ~[sv.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70071_h_(EntityLiving.java:213) ~[sw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntitySlime.func_70071_h_(EntitySlime.java:103) ~[ym.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2655) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:837) ~[mt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2607) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2423) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:669) ~[mt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:954) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
... 4 more

[10:12:13 ERROR]: Cause of unexpected exception was

java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70623_bb(EntityLiving.java:546) ~[sw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntitySlime.func_70626_be(EntitySlime.java:142) ~[ym.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70636_d(EntityLivingBase.java:2072) ~[sv.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70636_d(EntityLiving.java:388) ~[sw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1899) ~[sv.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70071_h_(EntityLiving.java:213) ~[sw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntitySlime.func_70071_h_(EntitySlime.java:103) ~[ym.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2655) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:837) ~[mt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2607) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2423) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:669) ~[mt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:954) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:431) ~[lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:809) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:669) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_60]

[10:12:13 ERROR]: This crash report has been saved to: /home/gp/4309/userdata/DPTCraft/./crash-reports/crash-2016-01-24_10.12.13-server.txt

I can post the full crash log here, if people need that instead.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Dunno-Lars posted:

Use the quantum chamber thing that let you connect networks wireless? One inside, one outside. Go full retard on it.

Yeah I don't want to have to spam QEB's. I'll just use the AE2 Stuff wireless block, but holy gently caress does Galacticraft need an overhaul. Sealed BC pipes (items only, no fluids here!) and IC2 cables? Is it still 2013?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

CrazyTolradi posted:

Yeah I don't want to have to spam QEB's. I'll just use the AE2 Stuff wireless block, but holy gently caress does Galacticraft need an overhaul. Sealed BC pipes (items only, no fluids here!) and IC2 cables? Is it still 2013?

Isn't there an AE2 sealed cable block? or is that only for AE 1?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

CrazyTolradi posted:

Just set the AE2 ME Interface block as sealable, and use that as a network-permeable block on your wall.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Or, depending on the location of your ME controller blocks, you could just do a bridge of those from inside to outside; they can be up to a 7x7x7 cube.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

neogeo0823 posted:

we have never ever gotten enough people to sleep in a bed to make it morning, and most people have just learned to deal with it.

I can confirm this has happened. Once. So probably not worth the hassle of the mod.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

SugarAddict posted:

Isn't there an AE2 sealed cable block? or is that only for AE 1?
It was only for AE1, sadly. It was drat handy back then too.

McFrugal posted:

Just set the AE2 ME Interface block as sealable, and use that as a network-permeable block on your wall.
This would work if I used P2P networks, actually. I initially thought of this idea and dismissed it as anything after the ME Interface would be limited to 7 channels only, and each ME Interface is an additional device overhead on the network. Factoring in a P2P network, that wouldn't be too much of an issue if I just place the ME Controller setup for that side of things somewhere on the exterior of the space station.

Ambaire posted:

Or, depending on the location of your ME controller blocks, you could just do a bridge of those from inside to outside; they can be up to a 7x7x7 cube.
Multiple sections further than 7 blocks distance, no dice.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I guess that's a fine problem to use AE subnetworks against.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
If you're playing on 1.8.9 and are jonesing for an AE substitute, Storage Network looks to have some real promise. It doesn't have its own storage methods but as a way to access all your stuff at once and do some simple automation it does the job. I haven't been using it too long but it seems to work well.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

So I'm looking to put together a small modpack for me an my friends. Nothing too heavy, but some of the basic stuff like TE and MFR and, well, I guess the usual stuff anymore. I haven't really done this since a few years ago now. I have a few questions:

How hard is it to do anymore? Do I still have to track down tons of ID conflicts?

How difficult is it to cut down on mods each spawning their own version of copper?

Is Metallurgy worth putting in if I plan on having TiCon? I like Dwarf fortress levels of metal complexity but I'm worried about whether it works well or if it might be too much of a mess for multiplayer play.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Tyty posted:

So I'm looking to put together a small modpack for me an my friends. Nothing too heavy, but some of the basic stuff like TE and MFR and, well, I guess the usual stuff anymore. I haven't really done this since a few years ago now. I have a few questions:

How hard is it to do anymore? Do I still have to track down tons of ID conflicts?

How difficult is it to cut down on mods each spawning their own version of copper?

Is Metallurgy worth putting in if I plan on having TiCon? I like Dwarf fortress levels of metal complexity but I'm worried about whether it works well or if it might be too much of a mess for multiplayer play.

At least with 1.7, I haven't had ID conflicts in assembling Baby's First Space Race. It looks like that's worked itself out.

You will have to disable everybody mod's copper, etc, except for one. Each one will have something in the config folder. Chances are you can do a grep for "copper" in the config folder and find all the files you have to screw with. Searching for "tin" brings up a lot of noise. IIRC even "silver" got tricky.

Metallurgy is strictly a matter of opinion. IMO it does a lot more gating than it does of adding interest. In a pack with Metallurgy, I try to make a beeline to The Nether, possibly casting the portal in place before having the tools to harvest obsidian. Failing that, I'm making obsidian in a smeltery, before I have obsidian tools. Then I make a Netherrack pick, got some vyroxeres, and start climbing the track. Others find the little bits and bonuses interesting, but I generally don't. It also adds a recipe that blends iron and gold, so suddenly you're making alloys in the smeltery instead of raw ingredients.

If you're trying to supplement TiCon, consider Iguana Tweaks, with ample configuration. It can also gate the very early game by requiring flint tools. It will fortunately provide a recipe to turn gravel into flint, but it makes the first two game days rather tedious. You can augment some of that in the configuration. I would set it up so that tool leveling just adds a modifier slot, and avoid most other bonuses. Maybe mining bonuses on mining tools. With the mod running full-random, a good tool can turn ugly on leveling up. A major reason to use that mod even if all the leveling has been shut off is for swapping parts on tools.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Could an MFR fisher sustain its power needs with culinary generators? My first impression is ambiguous. I'm still running it. It initially looked promising, but it looked like the culinary generator can only keep up with the normal consumption rate of a fisher. So I needed two culinary generators, but I don't think I normally get enough fish to sustain two generators.

I'm using a base RF furnace to cook the fish. Its power draw in all this is pretty negligible.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Could an MFR fisher sustain its power needs with culinary generators? My first impression is ambiguous. I'm still running it. It initially looked promising, but it looked like the culinary generator can only keep up with the normal consumption rate of a fisher. So I needed two culinary generators, but I don't think I normally get enough fish to sustain two generators.

I'm using a base RF furnace to cook the fish. Its power draw in all this is pretty negligible.

Well in 1.4.2 The hydrogen gen was infinite power then they nerfed it with 1.6.4 :(

On another note:
I cannot find the warp lens in my lexica botania, is that because I dont have any of the alfheim stuff? And what does the warp lens do?

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jan 25, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

At least with 1.7, I haven't had ID conflicts in assembling Baby's First Space Race. It looks like that's worked itself out.

You will have to disable everybody mod's copper, etc, except for one. Each one will have something in the config folder. Chances are you can do a grep for "copper" in the config folder and find all the files you have to screw with. Searching for "tin" brings up a lot of noise. IIRC even "silver" got tricky.

Metallurgy is strictly a matter of opinion. IMO it does a lot more gating than it does of adding interest. In a pack with Metallurgy, I try to make a beeline to The Nether, possibly casting the portal in place before having the tools to harvest obsidian. Failing that, I'm making obsidian in a smeltery, before I have obsidian tools. Then I make a Netherrack pick, got some vyroxeres, and start climbing the track. Others find the little bits and bonuses interesting, but I generally don't. It also adds a recipe that blends iron and gold, so suddenly you're making alloys in the smeltery instead of raw ingredients.

If you're trying to supplement TiCon, consider Iguana Tweaks, with ample configuration. It can also gate the very early game by requiring flint tools. It will fortunately provide a recipe to turn gravel into flint, but it makes the first two game days rather tedious. You can augment some of that in the configuration. I would set it up so that tool leveling just adds a modifier slot, and avoid most other bonuses. Maybe mining bonuses on mining tools. With the mod running full-random, a good tool can turn ugly on leveling up. A major reason to use that mod even if all the leveling has been shut off is for swapping parts on tools.

gently caress that iron/gold alloy

That stuff is such a headache that I never, ever produced in Blightfall except by accident, and generally when I was really short on one of the materials and beside myself that I had squandered resources I had.

Magres fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jan 25, 2016

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Metallurgy can be better with some pruning - nuking Hepatizon, Shadow Iron/Steel, and a few of the do-nothing early ores helps, as does removing fantasy ores if you're not playing Twilight Forest.

I think the nether rush progression is a good addition, especially if you balance it out with some mods that make the nether more dangerous.

Goncyn
May 20, 2005

Tyty posted:

The easiest way to homogenize ore generation is to handle it all with cofh-core. The first time you launch your instance w/ cofh-core and Thermal Foundation loaded, it will generate defaults.

- Edit config/cofh/core/common.cfg and set I:ReplaceVanillaGeneration=true. You don't need to worry about retroactive ore generation unless you later add a new mod with new ores.

- Edit the configurations of any other mods to completely disable ore generation. For example, in Immersive Engineering's config, you can set the first value in each array under oregen to 0. Poke around in mods' config files for anything else ore-related, but most of the big ones are designed to sort of mesh together automatically -- they'll have recipes defined in all their machines for each others' items, and the ore dictionary goes a long way toward making everything just work.

- Ore generation is controlled by the json files in config/cofh/world. You should have a Vanilla.json and ThermalFoundation-Ores.json. You'll need to create additional files/templates for any additional mods whose ores you need to generate. Some links for documentation and more examples:
http://teamcofh.com/docs/cofh-core/features/custom-world-generation/
https://github.com/ChatFawkes/CoFH-OreGen-Pack

Just for sharing, here's the simple list of mods I've been playing with. http://pastebin.com/z0ku6kJS (thanks for the tips on AppleCore and XACT here!) and my small contribution to roll-your-own modpack integration:
code:
# scripts/saplings.zs
import mods.botania.ManaInfusion;

# insert rubber saplings into the sapling loop
ManaInfusion.removeRecipe(<minecraft:sapling:0>);
ManaInfusion.addAlchemy(<MineFactoryReloaded:rubberwood.sapling>, <minecraft:sapling:5>, 120);
ManaInfusion.addAlchemy(<minecraft:sapling:0>, <MineFactoryReloaded:rubberwood.sapling>, 120);

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Don't use metallurgy, it is a garbage mod. You would expect some interesting metals and special effects but it's almost all really lovely intermediary alloys and ores, that 95% of the time just get in the way and annoy you.

Enough other mods add materials to tcon that you don't need metallurgy to make things interesting. Thaumcraft, EIO, EXU, etc.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Metallurgy was the poo poo in 1.3 and 1.4.7, when all the Nether/Fantasy/Ender swords had built-in enchantments. The Desichalkos (the Ender alloy) sword had a mystery enchantment (it had the random 'magic' text) that I think turned out to be Knockback X and would literally embed mobs in walls. Some of the swords even had potion effects; I think the Quicksilver sword actually gave you speed as long as it was in your hand.
Metallurgy also added tiered furnaces and coal-powered grinders which was really great starting out, and the Fantasy module added Abstractors which could turn excess ingots into EXP.

I think everything except the inherent sword enchantments made it all the way to 1.6.4, but then the 1.7.10 port, which I think was all done by Glassmaker and not the original Metallurgy team removed all the machines and now it's just pointless fluff and smeltery agony if you happen to have ExtraTiC installed.

I saw the original author (Shadowclaimer, I think?) talking about making Metallurgy 5 for 1.9 a while back on the MC Forums. If the original team is actually working on it, and keeps working on it (unlike Atum :argh:), it should be pretty OK.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Still waiting for scifi metals!

Goncyn
May 20, 2005

Fortis posted:

(unlike Atum :argh:)
Are any of the "new dimension" mods worthwhile? Every time I see a forum thread for one, it's so full of marketing fluff that my eyes glaze over, but they tend to promise a lot of content. Does any of them deliver?

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
I'm playing through obscurity, it's kinda cool, but how the gently caress am I supposed to capture a Blizz alive? The lasso doesn't do poo poo.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Goncyn posted:

Are any of the "new dimension" mods worthwhile? Every time I see a forum thread for one, it's so full of marketing fluff that my eyes glaze over, but they tend to promise a lot of content. Does any of them deliver?

The Twilight Forest is worth playing through at least once. It's the best dimension mod IMO.
I'd rank The Erebus in 2nd place as there's a lot to do and none of it really gives you that "but why would I ever bring this back to the overworld?" feeling. It also has giant bugs.

I keep wanting to like Hardcore Ender Expension but it's so far up its own rear end I can't stand it. Plus it's too easy to blast through all the content and have nothing left to do or to bring back to the overworld for any reason whatsoever.

I can't deal with all these weird Divine RPG-likes with 22 new dimensions with random fantasy names and grotesque overly cuboid mobs. Aside from the fact that the screenshots do not appeal at all, the fact that there are so many drat dimensions in a single mod tells me that there's probably not a lot to each one.

Also, I've noticed that every mod like that has at least one sword that is a hilt with 3 blades, like a trident for loving idiots. Seriously, all of them have one. I've looked at Divine RPG, Advent of Ascension, and Essence, and they all have at least one of these things. I don't get it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I keep hoping the stars will align in such a way that someone could make a modpack with a decent stargate and all the decent dimension mods but they pretty much never all exist at the same time version-wise so oh well.

Like it would be cool to have one with Atum, Erebus, Twilight Forest, Tropicraft, etc along with mekanism, RFTools, Stargates, and something that adds a bunch of military weapons.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I forgot about Tropicraft. That one always seemed good but the one time I ever tried it was when it was apparently between MC versions (I think the thread at the time mentioned a 'REVIVAL!' which is never a great sign) and not really all there.

I wish the Aether was worth a poo poo, and it almost is because the single dungeon it has is actually really well done and anything with literal balloon bunnies you can wear on your head is OK by me, but aside from that all it has to offer is equipment gated behind the aforementioned single dungeon (so have fun doing it over and over again. it's only fun once.) and drunk, ice-footed chocobos.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Goncyn posted:

Another vote for Twilight Forest. It's absolutely fantastic, I maintain that it's the best MC mod ever made.

I haven't played any others that are impressive though. I don't even remember the names of other ones that I've tried.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

I keep hoping the stars will align in such a way that someone could make a modpack with a decent stargate and all the decent dimension mods but they pretty much never all exist at the same time version-wise so oh well.

Like it would be cool to have one with Atum, Erebus, Twilight Forest, Tropicraft, etc along with mekanism, RFTools, Stargates, and something that adds a bunch of military weapons.

Stargate mod wise, SGCraft is pretty much a good way to go these days. The only other one I'm aware of is Lanteacraft and despite undergoing a major code overhaul/rewrite, it's had two updates in the last 7-8 months (July then December) as the lead modder got a full time job.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

was twilight forest even finished. last i remember it's like 99% done as far as the 'questline' goes and is missing a final thing. despite that it's amazing in any case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I now understand why people hate Railcraft. I don't mind all the machines and stuff, I kinda like intricate industrial processes.

No, it's the fact that when I had to restart my world from a backup (power flickered), my world data didn't save the fact that my steam boiler was already full of water. Which means when my pump added a bit of water to it, the thing violently exploded, destroying a (thankfully unimportant) part of my base. It's such an eye-rolling design decision that isn't defensible by "MUH REALISM" because those aren't conditions that'd cause a steam explosion.

None of the damage is anything I couldn't readily repair with a little creative mode action, but holy crap it's just such bad design

Magres fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 26, 2016