Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/6...0772&nid=244+40

How do you embed tweets? Lowtax is starting the glorious crusade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Google Butt posted:

if star citizen comes out and there are hacks and cheats available I will use them mercilessly

I'm 100% serious about writing hacks/cheats. Brb drafting kickstarter pledge.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Khanstant posted:

I didn't know they cut out that feature entirely! I thought the 25 and 10 man raids were just easy/lite modes they added later for solo scrubs. Looking at it now, it seems like a good design choice. I tried to join a guild once and they made me fill out an application and they had some insane dragon points system to distribute loot, the end result being y'all had to run that poo poo several times a week flawlessly if you ever wanted a shot at some treadmill garbage. Even so, looking at how much WoW has changed since beta/vanilla gives me this sick urge to play it again. gently caress you Blizzard and gently caress me and my addictive mind.

These days all raids except for the hardest difficulty scale from 10-30 players. Also, for the 10th anniversary they scaled up the original 40 man raid to current levels and let people do it via their matchmaking system. It was a glorious clusterfuck and a nice wakeup call to everyone who claimed the days of 40 man raids was some kind of golden age.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

That Works posted:

lol

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Toops posted:

I'm 100% serious about writing hacks/cheats. Brb drafting kickstarter pledge.

I'll donate a ham sandwich, or some potato salad I got at my grocery store.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

A couple of SC supporters jumped me on twitter. They claimed the game doesn't have any bugs and has been properly released.

I'm not really on the ball on this one, so is it?

Last I saw of it was a Twitch feed a month or so ago where it just kept crashing.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

AP posted:

Not sure if I've asked you this before, can you pull data on anything related to number of forum bans?

Limited data--mostly just if a user is banned currently or not, and whether it's a permanent ban or not, along with aggregate data for the same. I'm heading out shortly, but if there's anything specific you're looking for let me know and I'll see if I can do it or not.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Octopode posted:

Limited data--mostly just if a user is banned currently or not, and whether it's a permanent ban or not, along with aggregate data for the same. I'm heading out shortly, but if there's anything specific you're looking for let me know and I'll see if I can do it or not.

I'd be interested to know the lengths of the probations they're handing out because every time I see one it seems to be for a decade and it seems suspicious that they don't just permban these people.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Will the in-game rape be consensual or non-consensual?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Oldsmobile posted:

A couple of SC supporters jumped me on twitter. They claimed the game doesn't have any bugs and has been properly released.

Last I saw of it was a Twitch feed a month or so ago where it just kept crashing.

Look at peter gabriels and ap's vids and report back

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

serious norman posted:

Will the in-game rape be consensual or non-consensual?

depends on where you set your consent slider

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i almost started downloading this game and then decided i didnt want to

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Toops posted:

This graph is pretty close to 100% true.

But see with Chris "Helmet" Roberts at the helm, CIG is stuck at 20% because someone says birds and he flaps his magic hands and mouth now birds are in.

That graph is a very liberal application of the 80:20 rule.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Dowlphin has a blog :stare:

Oh dear :cripes:

https://dowlphinblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/09/life-this-is-madness/

https://dowlphinblog.wordpress.com/2015/01/31/do-we-all-have-autism/

https://dowlphinblog.wordpress.com/2015/04/08/about-the-comparison-grievance-of-u-s-presidents-and-hitler/

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

that guy owns

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

i mean for a mentally retarded guy

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Nope...Im not going there

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

:stonklol:

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Google Butt posted:

that guy owns

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Iglocska posted:

That graph is a very liberal application of the 80:20 rule.

That made me wikipedia the Ninety-ninety rule which led me to Anti-pattern and well...

How many of these can you attribute to CIG? :v:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

That Works posted:

This game doesn't have any bugs and has been properly released.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Well, at least we already know that Star Citizen's development cycle is infinite.

The game cannot release or else it will be finite and, thus, cease to exist.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Oldsmobile posted:

sever.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Who in their right mind willingly chooses to re-download this 28GB game every two weeks because they added a new jpeg of a jacket or some crap. In what age are we living in where it's acceptable to not have a proper patcher in their game. Even crappy kickstarter MMO games with a budget of $100k don't make you re-download the game every week or two.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
sounds to me like Lowtax must have problems with his PC :smug:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Star Citizen is Schrödinger’s Videogame, and exists in all states at once until observed.

e: DREAM! :yarg:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

2DCAT posted:

Who in their right mind willingly chooses to re-download this 28GB game every two weeks because they added a new jpeg of a jacket or some crap. In what age are we living in where it's acceptable to not have a proper patcher in their game. Even crappy kickstarter MMO games with a budget of $100k don't make you re-download the game every week or two.

people who are capable of spending thousands to get they mouths filled with piss

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Colostomy Bag posted:

Is that guesstimate with or without scarves?

Obviously with the scarves. The whole game is USELESS without them. Or with them, but never mind that.

I discussed the dance of the 36 53 space scarves with Bootcha last night and determined they'd have to be quite small scarves and/or come off faster than the required unskippable 20-second animation since I'd be wrapped up like a mummy and extremely overheated. On the upside, I'd be perfectly attired for when the game comes out (when hell freezes over).

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Daztek posted:

That made me wikipedia the Ninety-ninety rule which led me to Anti-pattern and well...

Tried to list this unironically from what I can see so far:

Organizational: Bicycle shed, Bleeding edge, Bystander apathy, Escalation of commitment, groupthink, micromanagement, Stovepipe, Vendor lock-in (kinda I guess? Hello Cryengine)

Project management: Cart before the horse, Death march, 90-90 rule, overengineering, scope creep, smoke and mirrors

Holy loving poo poo, the project management part is sport on!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/691348219033354240

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
It doesn't much look like progress is being made if all the patches are <500kb, does it?

28GB! Now THAT is a patch!

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

We regret to inform you that your refund request has been denied. The bathroom door you referenced in your original request has been fixed, and thus a significant portion of gameplay has been released.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Has anyone made CiG bingo cards yet?

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Gonkish posted:

Saw this on reddit: https://gfycat.com/FrankShabbyFurseal

Dynamic smoke shadows. Because that's more important than having a stable, functional core? I guess?
I loving love that in the background as he turns more towards the massive ring, you can see the drat thing -jump- forwards for a second and then freeze.
How the everliving poo poo have they not managed to fix that yet.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

El Grillo posted:

How the everliving poo poo have they not managed to fix that yet.

CIG.txt

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Has anyone made CiG bingo cards yet?
The free space costs $250

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

will cig have a big sale soon to milk their US backers of their tax refunds?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Google Butt posted:

that guy owns

That guy is cigs bread and butter

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Daztek posted:

Let's do the opposite, because it's hell of a lot easier:
• Not bleeding edge — it may be untested and unstable, but it's actually pretty old, and is more a case of lock-in and over-engineering.
• Design by committee is iffy — it's only one insane guy who constantly changes his mind, but I suppose the community ideas could count.
• Not Peter Principle — no person of any competence is being moved upwards, and the people at the top didn't get there because of what they did at a lower level.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Thats the parent lock software saving a child a lifetime of mental scaring

They knew all too well about game development

• Locked thread