Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the ROYAL RUMBLE?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 16 9.14%
Brock Lesnar 29 16.57%
Triple H 93 53.14%
lolSheamus 37 21.14%
Total: 175 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
HHH now gets to main event the biggest WM crowd ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Why didn't Roman jump back in and help Ambrose win. Some loving friend. It's not like the pretense of it happening hasn't been set for two decades.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Mr. H's winz

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
haha are people really bringing out the shovel gif when the plan is literally for HHH to put over Roman Reigns in the WM main event

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The Roman break was dumb and I think Triple H winning the title is a giant waste of an opportunity, but the show was super-fun.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Team 19. We nearly had it.

Well, chances are we wouldn't have had it considering Ambrose already has a title, but it was still a fun match. Definitely worth staying up for.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Joey McChrist posted:

ohhhhhhh heeeeellllllll yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

That Rumble owned, welp cya

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Aside from all the dumb poo poo surrounding Roman Reigns, that was pretty good

Although this still means RAW and Wrestlemania are going to be the Roman Reigns show as he tries to overcome his "unfair" loss to HHH

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

fair point but siiiiigh

Yeah I feel you

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
roman looked like poo poo and didnt win
that's fair

lots of cool guys in there and a good opening match.

It was an alright rumble.

Shame roman will go over at mania though.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
It's a bit funny how HHH didn't really win that rumble in a heelish way. He came out as a legit #30 and fought his way to victory

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I don't really understand why you have Owens and Styles start something but also Owens and Zayn or why HHH has to be champion. But OK. I guess we're looking at Zayn/Owens, Wyatt/Lesnar, HHH/Reigns as the big mania matches. Could be worse I suppose. Unless they do Lesnar/Strowman :barf:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Better than last year, but still more "okay" than "great".

I can kinda get behind the idea of HHH being the final boss for WM 32, but- it's 2016 Hunter, and you've got a bit of a gut on you.

Pretty solid PPV.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

3 bad rumbles in a row.

Nope.

Banjo
Jun 7, 2006

THE KING OF KINGS IS BACK ON HIS THRONE.

I love WWE. *sniff*

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I promised that I would be fine with a HHH win as long as something cool like Sami/KO happened and by gawd I am content...Great undercard matches and I like the feuds the rumble set up. Also lol that crowd was ready to boo the gently caress out of Roman for the 2nd rumble in a row.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

yeah at this point the go-away heat or whatever you want to call it on trips makes him actually a decently effective heel

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand
Hey you guys the main event of Ultima Lucha is on *right now* so y'all still got time to flip over and watch!

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

OldTennisCourt posted:

Sorry this Rumble actually owned really really really hard

lmao @ you extreme marks itt

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

fart blood posted:

Remember Wrestlemania 22, when Triple H was supposed to get Cena over as a monster babyface and the crowd booed Cena out of the building instead?

the h told him he couldn't wrestle what a way to get cena over

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Cardboard Box posted:

idk if it beats royal rumble 2000 but its close.

2000 & 2001 were both really loving good PPVs. This isn't quite as good but it was still pretty goddamn good.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
If I had to guess, Ambrose in the final two spot was one of those "test the waters" things.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
How come Rick Flair didn't come out and kiss Roman as a distraction? I could've appended "based on true events' to my fanfics!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

So that makes Flair in '92 and HHH in '16 the only two who have won the title in a Rumble?

ravenwhatamark.gif

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I wanted Ambrose to win two but every top star is injured and roman reigns is bad and triple h is gonna make for a great storyline so I don't really get the complaints. Awesome rumble.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Good Rumble and good PPV.

Now watch them piss it away with Reigns beating Ambrose at Fastlane for a shot at HHH at Mania.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

why did they even tease it, just have him shitcan Reigns for the win
Because they want fans to boo HHH and set up a feud with Roman at WM is perfectly fine

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
I for one love that Bray Wyatt finally came through on one of his promises. Anyone but you Les..nar...?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Great ppv, stellar rumble, aj styles chants in wwe, Usos still huge losers

How can anyone complain

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
That Rumble was fantastic and it's good that Triple H won so now I can continue to not watch WWE until the next Royal Rumble.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

RAw's going to suck tomorrow

45 minute hunter promo llol

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
So I'll have to put ten bucks towards a mental health charity, buy ten bucks of Dean Ambrose gear, and write erotic fan fiction involving AJ Styles, Curtis Axel and Tyler Breeze

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

the only thing I'd have done differently is switch AJ and Jericho.

I disagree, but only because the crowd was always gonna go nuts for AJ and having a heel like Owens eliminate him worked but it would have caused a backlash if he'd gone out in the Jericho spot.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/691471022474813440

i'm dying

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Anyway the Rumble was very well booked. They even made Ziggler and Miz look competent for some reason. Not Swagger though.

Owens eliminating AJ was good. Zayn eliminated Owens was awesome. Ambrose and Sheep Man lasting for ages was cool.

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?
Goddamn El-oh-loving-el

HHH just won the Royal Rumble and the WHC in TYOOL 2016.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I'm okay with HHH winning but I'm not cool with a Brock/Bray feud. Seems like a waste of the limited dates Brock has each year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

haha are people really bringing out the shovel gif when the plan is literally for HHH to put over Roman Reigns in the WM main event

is this the best way to satisfy 105,000 fans

i'm sorry i get severe negative flashbacks with hhh as champ

• Locked thread