Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ytlaya posted:

I'm being hopeful that there isn't going to be any reversal to this. Deku's plan was pretty good given the situation, and even if a 100% OfA blow misses just the shockwave would probably still do damage from that distance. More importantly, Deku will be useless after this, so it kind of has to work unless he's going to rescued by someone (which I doubt since it explicitly had him thinking about how no one will come to rescue him).

No one is coming, but someone is already there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fabricated posted:

This guy seems really loving tough. It wouldn't shock me if he just gets blown away rather than gibbed.

Extremely physically strong, at least. It looked like he pulled off his version of All-Might's airblasts with one of his punches.

Or maybe I just mistook some action lines for it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fabricated posted:

I will actually be kinda annoyed if this is true.

I just don't expect any of the kids to suffer that kind of permanent injury. if they did, I would think it'd be immediately rectified like when gon's arm blew up in hxh. could be wrong but idk man

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Gyges posted:

and bingo was his name o

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

I just don't expect any of the kids to suffer that kind of permanent injury. if they did, I would think it'd be immediately rectified like when gon's arm blew up in hxh. could be wrong but idk man
Well, there are actually plenty of kids in the class who wouldn't be necessarily hobbled by losing an arm (If it was say, Tokoyami he could probably have his shadow be his substitute arm), and while there's no catpaw on it it could belong to Ragdoll maybe (doubtful). I can't imagine it not being someone's arm or it being an illusion or something. Also a huge fakeout like it not being real would be bullshit fake tension and Horikoshi doesn't seem like the type to pull that.

Gyges posted:

Unless Kouta hits this dude in his other eye I can't imagine Muscles McGee being terribly impressed by whatever form Kouta's watercannon quirk takes since it looks like all it can do is break a bit of stone. I figured he was going to save the day by stopping Dabi since water vs fire and all that.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 23, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Unless Kouta hits this dude in his other eye I can't imagine Muscles McGee being terribly impressed by whatever form Kouta's watercannon quirk takes since it looks like all it can do is break a bit of stone. I figured he was going to save the day by stopping Dabi since water vs fire and all that.

Water vs Fire power wise is a fairly even match. As they just create Steam when they meet.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

Deku is punching this dude at 100%, even if it doesn't take him out it's going to leave a mark. Which is when the angry kid faced with his parent's killer and inspired by heroism can go hog wild with the combined power of his parents, fully actualized. Putting a dent in the side of a mountain by aimlessly flailing about is a whole lot of power.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gyges posted:

I too am waiting for Hagakure to step in and save the day.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
It's actually Hagakure's arm. :ohdear:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

DrSunshine posted:

It's actually Hagakure's arm. :ohdear:

STAHPIT. I refuse to believe someone would hurt Invisible Girl!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

It's gotta be a prop from the spooky forest thing and I will not accept any other explanation. :colbert:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Mindblast posted:

It's gotta be a prop from the spooky forest thing and I will not accept any other explanation. :colbert:

Shouji is going to regenerate straight out of his gut.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Mostly a setup chapter but still good. Deku trapping his arm between that dude's muscle fibers was the gnarliest thing. Looking forward to seeing that punch land.

Magne's design reminds me of Morel (from Hunter x Hunter). His power seems related to that overly large thing he's been carrying around too.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I love how one of the Pussycat's uses her power to make lizardman thing he's hot stuff in order to distract him.
Also Deku looks really badass in that last panel. Next week can't come soon enough

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
dealing with the aftermath of the main character killing someone due to inexperience would be a bold new move for a shounen series. shame it won't happen

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Bad Seafood posted:

Mostly a setup chapter but still good. Deku trapping his arm between that dude's muscle fibers was the gnarliest thing. Looking forward to seeing that punch land.

Magne's design reminds me of Morel (from Hunter x Hunter). His power seems related to that overly large thing he's been carrying around too.

His painfully broken, useless arm.

Deku's massive sand-dragging balls are his real Quirk.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I wonder if Ragdoll is the traitor.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder if Ragdoll is the traitor.
Possible. I find the idea of a student being a mole to be a more fun idea to extrapolate on but really the Villain Alliance didn't really get rolling until All Might was announced as a teacher which was AFTER the entrance exam.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jose posted:

dealing with the aftermath of the main character killing someone due to inexperience would be a bold new move for a shounen series. shame it won't happen

That'd be lame and I'm glad it's not going to happen.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The way I see it is even if a Saitama grade swat to the face doesn't turn him into hamburger meat, Muscle Fibers Frank is still probably going to get hit hard enough to separate him from Deku, who is presently wrist deep in his sinew. One way or another we are about to see some arm annihilation.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I am counting on muscle dude to turn into an eldritch abomination of muscle fibers as his real form. It's a shonen manga, after all.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Re: villains Muscle Fibre said he was basically assigned to take out Deku, right? So are they all hard counters for specific groups of students/teachers? Did they also know who had split up into which groups and tracked them down, or was it just dumb luck Muscle Fibre ran into Deku? I think it was the latter if I'm recalling the dialogue correctly.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Jintor posted:

Re: villains Muscle Fibre said he was basically assigned to take out Deku, right? So are they all hard counters for specific groups of students/teachers? Did they also know who had split up into which groups and tracked them down, or was it just dumb luck Muscle Fibre ran into Deku? I think it was the latter if I'm recalling the dialogue correctly.

I believe the orders were assigned to everyone, not just Muscle Fiber. Anyone who encountered Deku was supposed to kill him, whoever encountered Bakugou was supposed to do whatever they had planned for him, etc. They probably had assigned locations, like for the forest trap, and there were probably assigned people for the teachers, but I doubt they could have known where each student would be since the students picked the pairs at random.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I really want to see Ochako and Tsuyu's encounter with Toga.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Interesting they picked out Deku for a kill order. Unless I already forgot the outcome of Handy's brief chat.

edit, oh, predictions. I think they're gonna kidnap Baron Explodikill and bug out, with a couple of their guys getting wasted. Just a random shot in the dark and kind of the most obvious thing if they're not going to specifically wreck Bakugou.

Jintor fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 25, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If they're planning to try to convince Bakugou to join them I hope it backfires spectacularly.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

I'm thinking less "convince" and maybe more "torture into crazyness" or just straight up "gonna find a body in three weeks"

Of course, I get the feeling Bakugou won't be very happy about this

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

chumbler posted:

If they're planning to try to convince Bakugou to join them I hope it backfires spectacularly.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

chumbler posted:

It probably will. Bakugou seemed really eager to gently caress up bondage man's face when he saw the hand on the ground

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I expect that if Midoriya OHKOs Muscles it probably will cause his quirk to release- since it seems to take conscious effort to build them up. So he'll release his arm when Midoriya's 100% punch blasts him into unconsciousness.

As for Bakugou; it comes off to me that the villain alliance watched the tournament, did proper recon, and are basically assigning opposite numbers to the most dangerous students. There are likely villains there specifically to kill Todoroki and Midoriya too- and since Tokoyami placed high in the tournament it wouldn't be shocking if Chatterer might have been his foil.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
If you're as confused by unfamiliar names as I was, the two people in front of Bakogou/Ice Burn were birdboy/octopus boy. And that doesn't look like one of octopus boy's arms. :ohdear:

Though it would be neato if Fumikage ends up with a cool shadow arm.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

chumbler posted:

They are nothing but a bacteria infesting society, and we know how he feels about bacteria fucks.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Volume 7 cover, is rad as hell.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Is there a reference here that I'm not getting?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Is there a reference here that I'm not getting?

No idea. I just think it looks cool.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Dustforce?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Volume 7 cover, is rad as hell.

Snazzy, I dig it.

Wouldn't mind if more of his covers were like this. I feel like maybe half of them have been really forgettable.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Bad Seafood posted:

Snazzy, I dig it.

Wouldn't mind if more of his covers were like this. I feel like maybe half of them have been really forgettable.
I thought the Stain cover was a lot less cool than the color page from the Stain arc.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I really love his use of colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Fabricated posted:

I thought the Stain cover was a lot less cool than the color page from the Stain arc.

His color pages are great, but most of his volume covers are really just serviceable.

I actually went back over them after making my earlier post and I think vol. 7 is the first one I've "Liked."