Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
PR: you must come up with a new posting restriction for the player to post after you (not including yourself)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
.sdrawkcab eb tsum (setov naht rehto) stsoP: RP

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Birdstrike posted:

.sdrawkcab eb tsum (setov naht rehto) stsoP: RP

.leurc tsuj s'tahT

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

PR:

Each post must contain a wikihow picture. You explain the post with the help of the picture(s).
You must quote the next post made immediately after any of yours, with an emoticon of your choice.
Every third post is done from the third person perspective.
You are best friends with someone randomly assigned. Every time they post, post back "Like that one time we were in X together... (story)"

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

PR: all posts must contain a suggestion for a new PR.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
GOOD PR CAN BE DONE WITH PHONE POSTING GET CAMEL CLUTCHED JABRONI

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gwynplaine posted:

GOOD PR CAN BE DONE WITH PHONE POSTING GET CAMEL CLUTCHED JABRONI

RESPECT THE LEGEND. BLESS

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Each post must contain a particularly groan-worthy pun. If it doesn't make the mod groan or roll their eyes, it's not good enough.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

pr: rhyming couplets

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

SirSamVimes posted:

Each post must contain a particularly groan-worthy pun. If it doesn't make the mod groan or roll their eyes, it's not good enough.

I already have this PR.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Must keep up with beets post count.

In.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
haha close this thread we're done

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

:five:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

:aaaaa:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hiipfire probably couldn't manage it

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

but how do they vote

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Those On My Left posted:

pr: rhyming couplets

totally not your fault. i have a particular hatred of this PR. gaspy gets it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Okay, we got 10 people at the moment, when would you guys be ready to start? I'd also like to get it to an odd number of players somehow.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, we got 10 people at the moment, when would you guys be ready to start? I'd also like to get it to an odd number of players somehow.

I know that black_tangled is at rainbow serpent and won't be able to start until Tuesday.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol rainbow serpent. The amount of friendships I've known of that have ended because of rainbow serpent

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Beetphyxious posted:

Lol rainbow serpent. The amount of friendships I've known of that have ended because of rainbow serpent

post stories grandad

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Just poo poo like people losing car keys when munted, being drugged up clingy pains in the arses, having compressions sessions in the tent and spilling the bong water all over the sleeping bags. Doing the same in the car.

Just realising your friends are really annoying as gently caress when you have to hang around them continually.

Realising your friends are annoying as gently caress when tripping balls.

Realising you've hosed everyone off for any / all of the above and don't want to go back to your spot.

The worst was the dude who wanted to go just for the music. I mean, pfft, what gives.

I've never been. I've heard good stories and bad stories, not really my scene though.

hambeet fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jan 24, 2016

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Glad to say I experienced none of these /\ events, and also am ready to start whenever.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

If the rhyming couplet PR is in play the person with it should have stackable hated for every time the emphasis is wrong or the syllable count is off.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gwynplaine posted:

If the rhyming couplet PR is in play the person with it should have stackable hated for every time the emphasis is wrong or the syllable count is off.

modkill if it doesn't scan

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Those On My Left posted:

modkill if it doesn't scan

That sorta thing.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I say go by the unwritten hoedown rules - breaking the rhymes is highly tolerated if the result is funny enough.

How about we start as soon as we sort out our even number problem? Did any of the maybes want to upgrade to a yes? (Check the OP to see if I didn't notice your signup)

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I say go by the unwritten hoedown rules - breaking the rhymes is highly tolerated if the result is funny enough.

How about we start as soon as we sort out our even number problem? Did any of the maybes want to upgrade to a yes? (Check the OP to see if I didn't notice your signup)

btw i will be away from about 10am tomorrow until sometime around 3pm on wednesday, but don't let that affect anything

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

btw i will be away from about 10am tomorrow until sometime around 3pm on wednesday, but don't let that affect anything

going to cronulla to cut loose

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can I still sign up?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I am so interested but I don't think I can make the post count during work.
new work is much more time demanding.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

bowmore posted:

Can I still sign up?

Absolutely, that'll bring us to an odd number and we can start this off tomorrow!

Let's go with a quick schedule for this one - roughly 12 hours day and night. Except an earlier start cause it's easier for me to open the thread before I go to work. Since this is all vanilla, you don't need to obsess over night actions anyway, the scum just gotta figure out who they want to kill.

OPENING TIME: around 8 AM Brisbane time
CLOSING TIME: 10 PM Brisbane time

Everyone will start with one "default" PR which is their role. This will be public knowledge to the thread. But if you want a break from your role, each day I will post an improv game you can take part in. You should use either ##improv or ##sit out to show your status. If you choose to take part, you go by the rules of that game instead of your default role.

Sometime in the evening (after I get home from work) I will declare the winner of the improv game. This person can then inflict a PR of their choice on another player as their night action. That PR will override their role for the following day. Signing up for an improv game will not fix it either, so beware!

I probably won't modkill anyone for screwing up their PR's unless they totally ignore them and show total contempt for making an effort. I also reserve the right to modkill anyone for other various funny reasons.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Noice

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Update: still looking for 1 more person since Tith can't make it. (but he can still post as a spectator so long as he keeps the Sans PR)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Thanks Bif - sorry all. Happy to shitpost / punpost for a PR - but I'm genuinely not gonna be able to play seriously.

Apparently I'm extremely good at shoving my own foot so far down my throat I turn into something from silent hill

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

All right, this next game of Mafia Quirks is for all 10 players. Some of you have been selected to be the "scum", and get to choose one player to kill every night. During the day, everyone needs to try and find the scum by picking someone to lynch, while posting in their given quirk. The quirks are:

Beetphyxious, your role is: someone who has to Play Nice.

Birdstrike, your role is: potsing liek a dunk venpm soag.

black_tangled, your role is: posting like Colin Mochrie's angry movie director.

bowmore, your role is: gently caress YOU POSTING LIKE GLORIOUS IRON SHIEK, JABRONI

Gwynplaine, your role is: posting like you're writing in a personal diary.

iajanus, your role is: post like Yoda.

Mithranderp, your role is: txt shorthand, as close to a 15 year old as possible.

SKY COQ, your role is: no using player's names.

Those On My Left, your role is: each post must contain a song title, or lyrics or some other music reference.

Zetsubou-san, your role is: pictures or youtube embeds only, no words.

Once everyone's checked in and got comfortable, we'll start another daily improv game. So let's have some fun!

DAY 1 START!

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT!!

This PR is RIDICULOUS! I believe it was Orson Welles who once said "The enemy of art is the absence of CRAP!"

NOW LET'S DANCE

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (10): Beetphyxious, Birdstrike, black_tangled, bowmore, Gwynplaine, iajanus, Mithranderp, SKY COQ, Those On My Left, Zetsubou-san

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 26th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 13 hours, 18 minutes.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hwo if yhos evem a psiting rstraction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
i meem

ketchup yuo wuffign, wuh?

• Locked thread