Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

This is one of your best videos yet commando.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ramadu posted:

Beautiful. What is the first song you used in it friend

Thank you :)
It is I-Monster - Daydream in Blue

trucutru posted:

This is one of your best videos yet commando.

Ta, the best ones tend to be the ones that happen naturally and tonight it all just went on ha ha

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Your videos are the only links I actually click on in this thread. Haven't been disappointed so far

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

:five:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

You are a beautiful person.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Final the seal of approval, spoken from His very mouth, my fleet of Endeavors will deliver the freshest turnips this side of Orion.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

:shittypop:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
There is such a huge part of me that hopes they never fix this game and thankfully there is a decent chance of that happening

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Beautiful work :pgabz:
"STAR MARINE IS ALREADY RELEASED AND COMING SOON"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

Final the seal of approval, spoken from His very mouth, my fleet of Endeavors will deliver the freshest turnips this side of Orion.

Surely you mean Xi'an xurnips?

Chin posted:

New Karate Kid looking good

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Ahahahahahahahhahaha, this is amazing.

'hey guys, what is star marine?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KezvwARhBIc&t=82s

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

trucutru posted:

Surely you mean Xi'an xurnips?

Chin posted:

New Retarte Kid looking good

ftfy

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
How are these real people?

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

ty for this

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

peter gabriel posted:

How are these real people?

I know I joke saying these are mentally ill and mentally deficient people, but slowly I am starting to believe that they really are.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

Ta, the best ones tend to be the ones that happen naturally and tonight it all just went on ha ha

That is a great song. Fantastic work as usually friend. :pgabz:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dapper Dan posted:

I know I joke saying these are mentally ill and mentally deficient people, but slowly I am starting to believe that they really are.

I am become them

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
So Star Marine is out now? This is some 1984 poo poo. Double Plus Good

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Marine is handwaved as being included already because they lost the rights to the name. (I really hope this is the unofficial explanation)

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

It's the JEDI MIND TRICK inserts that really make it, I snorted coffee twice.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hezzy posted:

No, Star Marine was never supposed to be out, why did you guys get this idea?. Star Marine is what they called what they did while they were waiting to have a system that could handle all the features they wanted. Now that they have one, they will incrementally add the FPS functionality upon it until it's all good, at which point, probably after launch, they will have an arena-fps implementation similar to Star Marine. It'll totally be there but no promises about it, ok?

Please get your facts straight.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

trucutru posted:

No, Star Marine was never supposed to be out, why did you guys get this idea?. Star Marine is what they called what they did while they were waiting to have a system that could handle all the features they wanted. Now that they have one. they will incrementally add the FPS functionality upon it until it's all good, at which point, probably after launch, they will have an arena-fps implementation similar to Star Marine. It'll totally be there but no promises about it, ok?

Please get your facts straight.

So never then?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

https://youtu.be/GGreb21dKdg?t=1111

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caption: Roberts' flight response kicks in as he hears his own explanation re: Star Marine

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Solarin posted:

caption: Roberts' flight response kicks in as he hears his own explanation re: Star Marine

i want to imagine he's looking at sandi and shes nodding and smiling

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

flyboi posted:

So never then?

quote:

dczanikSpace Marshal 2 points an hour ago

What I do care about is finally checking off that drat checkbox. It'll be a year past due in April. To me, releasing an unpolished Star Marine sooner is more important than waiting to implement the cover system, animation jukes, zero-g animations, etc. I'm just tired of hearing "It will NEVER come out" for a year.

Arena Commander wasn't polished when it released, Area 18 didn't have anything to do when it was released, and SC Alpha 2.0 was buggy when it was released. I may be the only one, but I didn't mind that at all. They were released, and then updated and improved. For me...just getting something into the players hands is important.

It's already there! It's just not called Space Marine. Also, it doesn't have the functionality, weapons, systems, armor, and gameplay but those are minor issues compared to the huge achievement of releasing Alpha 2.0 which will allow all of that to happen eventually. Probably sooner than expected, just as the procedural stuff about planets is already done

quote:

Doubleyoupee 13 points 2 hours ago

Yeah.. noticed it too. But you don't know. The procedural tech went way faster than CR had initially expected as well. Though I think what he meant was that they don't have a specific 3.0 planned (for this year, because they did the planning for this year). ..But maybe they'll call a version 3.0 when you can actually go to other star systems.

See? Like, it's not hard to read between the lines.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ewe2 posted:

It's the JEDI MIND TRICK inserts that really make it, I snorted coffee twice.

That's the craziest thing about all this: That text inserted itself :ninja:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
So he gets annoyed when a lack of plausible and consistent information leads people who are encouraged to use their imagination for everything they're paying for (because they aren't receiving it in any timely manner) to assume the worst. He gets annoyed when scenarios of his own creation as he vaguely waffles on about things he will put in at some point just to keep the people feeding him money.

Chris Roberts deserves to step on a lego piece.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Hezzy posted:

If any other game company did what CIG did, they would have been tarred and feathered.

For those that don't know:

CIG spent millions on a dedicated studio to develop FPS gameplay, and over 1.5 years they made only 2 maps, a few armor models, some guns, and good zero-g movement.

It wasn't a whole lot, however it did look really good. Last Spring, the module was "weeks" out from release. That turned to months. Last summer, Derek Smart stated Star Marine wasn't coming out.

CIG assured the cult that it was. They promised weekly updates. These updates began as describing last minute tweaks, and "polish." Then it started talking about code merging. Then the updates shrunk to a single paragraph, and talking about problems merging.

The Escapist article, Vindicator, and other drama hit peak. This thread was getting about 1000 ppd.

The Star Marine updates stopped. And during CItizen Con they announced 2.0, and it included FPS gameplay. The problem was that the gameplay was not Star Marine. It was missing everything, like it was a stock Cryengine with some new textures and nothing else.

The entire Illfonic build, the 1.5+ years of work, all disappeared with no word from CIG.

Just *poof* gone. Nothing.

People have been asking, and tonight Christ Roberts stated that the FPS in 2.0 is the FPS. All builds will be based off of this. It essentially confirms that the Illfonic build was scrapped and they are starting over.

How has not one gaming article made a story on this? It's got everything there.

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 26, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

does star citizen star marine still crash if you pick up or fire a certain gun?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

OhDearGodNo posted:

If any other game company did what CIG did, they would have been tarred and feathered.

Gimme a break. You have to stay positive

quote:

stickyickytreezRear Admiral 2 points an hour ago*

Perhaps contrary to past experience Chris is under promising over delivering on a release date. I can only hope.

But isnt nyx almost done and thats in another system right? So i would assume they would have that before the end of the year!

Positive, positive.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.
Wait, did they for real confirm Star Marine was cancelled? Cause that would make a great, fan angering, write up right there.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Epic video needs more epic music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X_2IdybTV0&t=69

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

OhDearGodNo posted:

How has not one gaming article made a story on this? It's got everything there.

The gaming media is watching Star Marine Citizen the same way you watch your friend hook up with a stripper he keeps telling you is "really into him." They all know what's going on, but nobody wants to make the first move and say something, because they know that they'll be in for a rash of poo poo and abuse if they do. It's like a game of chicken. Multiple outlets need to open fire on this mess simultaneously, but that'll never happen, because it's more advantageous to hope your competition does it so you can watch the community tear them apart from a safe distance.

Cowards - all of them. Gotta hand it to the Escapist, Forbes (of all places), and the few others who had the balls to question this. But as it gets worse and worse, it's surprising not to see at least a few more.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I was thinking while uploading that video, it's pretty amazing to me how little I know about this game. I've been a 'backer' for over a year now, and from memory here are all the ship names I know, with no cheating:

Freelancer
Mustang?
Aroura
Constellation
The massive spiny one that used to have cool crash animations.
Then I have a few things in my mind like 'Asymmetrical wonky scythe one' and 'that small one with round windows'

And that's it.

I don't actually know what Star Marine is, or what Squadron 42 is, I think the Baby PU is the open world where I spend my time, but I have no clue what it's for.
Are there guns? I don't know.
There is that racing stuff but I have no idea why it's there.
I don't know how or why I am in the game, why do I have a house in a corridor? Why is there masturbation paraphernalia everywhere?

I also have no interest in finding any answers to these things, I don't really care and never have. I just don't give a gently caress ha ha

Santa Ball? I have zero loving clue what that is even supposed to be. I like it this way though, it's really good fun.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

does star citizen star marine still crash if you pick up or fire a certain gun?

This is a pretty good feature.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
So, fun fact. The Cutlass is really loving strong at the cockpit. You can use it to just push other ships off the launch pad as they spawn like some manner of space bulldozer and make them inaccessible. Seems the demo gets a bit laggy when there's more than a dozen freelancers and constellations just floating around the spawn area.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

I stole your upvotes, I hope we can still be friends.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42oy5x/star_citizen_211_emergent_gameplay_proof_of/

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

:master:

by far your best yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Ignoring everything about gaming journalism being absolutely terrible in every regard, imagine contacting CIG and trying to get any information whatsoever that isnt 'everything is fine' or '100 million dollars spent'

• Locked thread