Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
##vote former speaker Harry Jenkins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
##vote Tiny bird man

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

SKY COQ posted:

##vote former speaker Harry Jenkins

u didnt bold

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mithranderp posted:

u didnt bold

No u

I have to go to bed but Godspeed and may melbourne's most pretentious whiskey drinker rip in peace

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
YOU JABRONIS BETTER NO FUMBLE LYNCH

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

lol u deserve 2 liv just 4 dat post

gently caress it ##vote those on my left

looking @ gwyn & iajanus 2moro

if toml flips town its obv a derail on zets

COQ can u assign ur vote in votefinder b4 u go

i think ur probs talking abt toml? bt not sure

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

:doh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S93yQjQyVko

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
-1 TO HAMMER

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
5 MINUTES

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

cum on ppl

pls dont nolynch

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
3 MINUTES

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

mayb theyre both scum

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
YOU FUMBLED

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
BEET YOU SCUMMY JABRONI

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

wtf guyse

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Okay everybody, it's time for a hoedown. The theme for tonight is no-lynches! So take it away, with the No-Lynch Hoedown!

Playing Auspol Mafia, it really is a cinch,
You just have to remember to have everday, a lynch!
Especially on D1, it's great to nab a scum,
But let's not get too picky, if you no-lynch, your town's dumb!

I tried to lynch somebody, somebody really suss
But if he's scum, he didn't get just thrown under the bus!
We needed only one more vote, but it just didn't work,
Nobody ever hammered, cause you guys are stupid jerks!

I love lynches! I do them every day!
Every time we get one, I shout - hip hip, hooray!
Maybe they were scum, or maybe they were town,
But- wait, it was NO lynch......... MEEEEEEOOOOOW!

People don't like no-lynch on a D1 like today,
But I just don't agree with that, I told them hey, no way!
I'm really not too worried, it wasn't such a blunder,
Everybody knows it sucks to have an even number!

To have an even numberrrrrr....!

See you tomorrow on D2! Zets will stick someone with a new PR, and there will be a new improv game!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh hey, I was skimming posts while at my mum-in-law's, so looking back there appears to have been some confusion about the game winners.

If the game winner gets lynched this does not free you from their post restriction the next day. Instead THE POWER OF SPITE may make it all the stronger!

Also, if the game winner picks a target that gets nightkilled, the choice of replacement target will then be left up to meeeee! :getin:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Good morning

Was my vote not counted properly last night?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Goooood morning everyone! The sun is shining a little brighter today to make up for the scum killing off the nicest player...

:rip: RIP Beetphyxious, Town :rip:

Oh wait, that's just the sun reflecting off of Colin's head. But still.

D2 Begins, and Those On My Left has a new post restriction for today only: Post like you are an insane conspiracy theorist! (not like normal Mafia conspiracies, more like chemtrails and UFO's and so on)

This new restriction doesn't go away if you're in the daily improv game!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:rip:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SKY COQ posted:

Good morning

Was my vote not counted properly last night?

I saw at least your first vote for "skinny lawyer man" end up in the right place on votefinder (and TOML has a great new nickname now), so I assumed somebody knew how to get votefinder to do what you wanted. I didn't catch if your last one worked though cause I was too busy staring at my buzzer!

:shrug:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
rip beep you jabiromi

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
who wamts to kill the nice palyers?

my geusfes tonl or binsky chiok

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

I saw at least your first vote for "skinny lawyer man" end up in the right place on votefinder (and TOML has a great new nickname now), so I assumed somebody knew how to get votefinder to do what you wanted. I didn't catch if your last one worked though cause I was too busy staring at my buzzer!

:shrug:

I'm glad someone knows because I don't.

So long as we didn't miss the lynch by 1 vote I'm happy

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

SKY COQ posted:

I'm glad someone knows because I don't.

So long as we didn't miss the lynch by 1 vote I'm happy

Cut!

Interesting point! Does anyone want to come forward as the vote fixer?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
i hawv a thoery

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

black_tangled posted:

Cut!

Interesting point! Does anyone want to come forward as the vote fixer?

it was me

i thot he ws votn 4 TOML so i put da vote on TOML

so coq's vote was da 4th 1, mine was da 5th

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

or mine was da 4th & coqs was da 5th

probably dat 1

but da idea is dat coqs vote was countd

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote black_tabgled

lingiustic slops all overcteh place

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Birdstrike posted:

##vote black_tabgled

lingiustic slops all overcteh place

Why cast a vote this early against everyone's favourite Rainbow Serpent raver? I'm not getting a good read on anyone yet.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SKY COQ posted:

Why cast a vote this early against everyone's favourite Rainbow Serpent raver? I'm not getting a good read on anyone yet.

i havd a tehorem

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
im not tleling you whae the thoery is
you woulbnt umberstand it

Seagull posted:

I choose to believe Asphyxious is just really dumb.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

im not tleling you whae the thoery is
you woulbnt umberstand it

Venom Soag is apparently so drunk he forgot which account he was logged into!

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I was awoken by the screams of the crowd outside my office. I threw the empty bottle against the wall. It was bad enough that you went out to a speakeasy last night. Taking one for the road was inexcusable when peoples lives were at stake. The crowd parted from me like the red sea. I'd like say it was my presence or my icey stare, but if I'm honest, it was probably just my choice of chapeau. Any minute now they were worried I was gonna talk about how men get raped too or ladder theory.

I was nearly sick. I don't know if it was the bathtub Old Fashioneds catching up to me or their choice of victim, but either way it made my bile rise. What sort of punk kills Nice Guy Beet? He was one of the best, and drat polite about it too. Who had he suspected? Was he getting to close. It didn't always mean anything - generally the punks were smarter than that but besides to dimes and half a book of matches and head of bad memories it was all I had. She was counting on you, and you blew it.

I remember that one guy. Never said a word, just held up pictures. Sometimes the simplest answers are still the best.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

All right, our next game of the day will be the Irish Drinking Game! This is a game for only four players, so it might be a bit less chaotic than last time. The first four people to sign up with ##improv will be in the game.

This is a game that's easy if you've watched it before, but hard to actually explain in detail. So hopefully we'll have people sign up who are already familiar with this Whose Line game.

The drinking song is 4 verses long. Each of the 4 players will have a turn to start off a verse. Each verse is 8 lines long. Each line is sung in sequence by a different player. So here's an example of a finished song.

1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4
2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1
3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2
4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3

Each verse also begins with this chorus: "Oh, aye-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di!"

So, once 4 people have signed up, the first person who signed up becomes player 1. The secojd signup is Player 2 and so on. Once 4 signups have been posted in thread, Player 1 must begin the game by posting "Oh, aye-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di!" and their first line of the song. (You don't need to get that line exactly the same or anything, if you're posting from memory)

Player 2 then quotes Player 1, and continues the song by adding a line. Player 3 quotes Player 2 and also adds a song line. This pattern continues as Player 4 quotes Player 3, Player 1 quotes Player 4, Player 2 quotes Player 1 again, Player 3 quotes Player 2 again. Then Player 4 quotes Player 3 again, writing their own finishing line for the verse and ending with "Oh, aye-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di!"

Once that first verse is finished, Player 1 is skipped this time because the 2nd verse must be started by Player 2. Player 2 should quote the end of the last verse to continue the cycle again. Here's an example:

Player 1: Oh, aye-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di! I signed up for this song here,
P2: It sounds real complicated!
P3: It's easy if you watch the show!
P4: It's just as Bif here stated.
P1: Just pay real close attention
P2: Cause we all go in order
P3: And nobody should ninja you
P4: Wait, can we do it over?? Oh, aye-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di!

Player 2: Wait, why did we skip Player 1?
P3: They already had their turn!
P4: They started off the first verse!
P1: Why can't you loving learn?
P2: OK, I think I get it.
P3: But now it's halfay over?
P4: Well sucks for you, it's three's turn next,
P1: Why don't you play Red Rover? Oh, aye-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di!

Player 3: And now we skipped both 1 and 2,
P4: Cause now we're on verse 3!
P1: Okay I think they get it now
P2: Yeah, stop picking on me
P3: It's not that complicated
P4: Just keep the song in your head
P1: And try and make some kind of sense
P2: Or your points will be dead! Oh, aye-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di!

Player 4: Let's get a little harder now,
P1: Yeah this is way too easy!
P2: Let's sing about another thing,
P3: Or everyone will feel queasy.
P4: Like maybe try some foodchat
P1: Why, I just ate an orange!
P2: Good luck with that one Player 3!
P3: Hey, gently caress you buddy! Oh, aye-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di!

As you can see from the example, try and keep it working as a song, and try and get every other line with a decent rhyme. But you can forget the rhyme, especially on the last line of a verse, if it is funny enough.
Once there are four signups, the game begins with player 1.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##improv

I hawv no idea what im doign

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

##improv

I hawv no idea what im doign

Well,.just remember you can ignore your PR in the game if that helps. (Except for TOML)

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

##improv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
##improv

• Locked thread