Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ZenMaster posted:

Eönwë (Q, pron. [eˈonwe]) was the banner-bearer and herald of Manwë, and Chief of the Maiar along with Ilmarë. Eönwë was the best with weapons in all Arda, though not necessarily the most powerful.[1]

Eonwe - /änˈwē/ (noun) - a feeling of listlessness and dissatisfaction arising from a lack of limited edition jpegs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

ZenMaster posted:

Eönwë (Q, pron. [eˈonwe]) was the banner-bearer and herald of Manwë, and Chief of the Maiar along with Ilmarë. Eönwë was the best with weapons in all Arda, though not necessarily the most powerful.[1]

Eonwe was the pink spinny elephant and the best shitposter in all the thread, though not necessarily the most powerful.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:chanpop:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

"Right so okay, next question, uhh this one comes from Wesha. Wesha asks, 'When do you think we will see trade in the game, and is mining coming soon?' You know I get pretty irritated when people keep saying, you know, trade is cancelled or, we won't be able to load cargo or, you can't interact with the asteroids, that kind of stuff.

What I will say is that no, trade isn't cancelled, the plans have just changed a bit due to some prioritization that we're doing. What we have in the PU now, you know with moving the vending machines around, that's definitely the start point of what trade will become. And as far as loading cargo and moving it from place to place, you're already seeing a lot of that with the vending machine so, the feature is delivered as promised.

As far as asteroids being minable, yes, we're definitely doing that, it will just be in a way that is respectful of the use of computing assets and resources both for the client and server. So you will definitely see something, just not everything right now, we're thinking we'll have something for you in about two weeks but eh... that may change a little bit. Right."

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm going to level with you guys, so much poo poo was going on / wrong I struggled to even make a vid :lol: anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoOf6r5vyZU

Just every single thing was broken

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
Anyone else notice that on /r/starcitizen you have to turn off the subreddit's custom CSS to see the controversial category? That seems like a small, but telling detail.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I think I might give someone an avatar today. After all, it's a momentous occasion - Today we learned we already have Star Marine!

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I have no words.

Just a feeling of slightly smug vindication.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

I'm going to level with you guys, so much poo poo was going on / wrong I struggled to even make a vid :lol: anyway:

2:10 in: ahaha holy gently caress is that actually an unglitched view of being a gunner? that tiny little viewport where you see more of your arms and legs than the actual target?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Beet Wagon posted:

I think I might give someone an avatar today. After all, it's a momentous occasion - Today we learned we already have Star Marine!

What we were searching for was inside of us all along.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

pgabz is the single greatest threat to Christ Robertos VISION and must be silenced for the good of the brown sea.

:allears:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Eonwe posted:

wowzers

Fuckin' Tolkien nerd!

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

2:10 in: ahaha holy gently caress is that actually an unglitched view of being a gunner? that tiny little viewport where you see more of your arms and legs than the actual target?

I was gonna ask the same. I mean, it's realistic for a ball turret but.. like.. gameplay wise.. wtf. Where's the fun?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yeah it's loving rivetting

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

pgabz you are the best

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

peter gabriel posted:

If that was a compilation I would be impressed, but that was a *single* play session.

Consider my mind blown

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

My reaction to the recent shenanigans:

So what the hell were they actually working on at the studio if they have nothing to show from Star Marine?

Guaranteed that the SQ42 is just going to be an interactive movie and the PU will be locked on a 16 player max with maybe a trading system that is literally a web based database. Collect resources from 16 player game, this goes into the persistent database, and then they have their persistent universe!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
i learned that Star Citizen already has the loading cargo feature

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

derek

where is the goon de yadda

^ This!

God drat it man, you blueball us worse than Chris. Put up or bail out.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ok level with me

what is the goon de yadda? No clue

:(

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

I started to make that a closer parody but just didn't care. :effort:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

pgabz you should start selling .mov thumbnails you could make a lot of money

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

or whatever file format videos use I'm not a nerd

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Happy Sisyphus posted:

pgabz you should start selling .mov thumbnails you could make a lot of money

pgabz now that CIG has pulled out of PAX you should setup a tent by a parking lot and show videos on a laptop.

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax
I love dreams, and in my dreams everything is glorious and all star marine-y in it's own modular format with guns that don't gently caress the game up when you fire them

People just don't understand dream development :catbert:

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

ZenMaster posted:

ok level with me

what is the goon de yadda? No clue

:(

Bootcha's making a requiem video with each line sung by a different goon. The chorus goes "goon de yadda."

YeahDavidLeeRoth
Sep 23, 2008

im still laughing at the CEO of a company coming out and publicly saying "im kinda annoyed" to people who funded his company asking what the status of a promised piece of development is. we live in exciting times citizens o7

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

bumbles posted:

I love dreams, and in my dreams everything is glorious and all star marine-y in it's own modular format with guns that don't gently caress the game up when you fire them

People just don't understand dream development :catbert:

Dreams don't just happen overnight.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

logante is laying down the law on the bronies. https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6287979/#Comment_6287979

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Dusty Lens posted:

pgabz now that CIG has pulled out of PAX you should setup a tent by a parking lot and show videos on a laptop.

at least the tent setup reflects the dev process at CIG

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
when the laser fell off of the ship like a cheap loving lego I lost it

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

fuzzknot posted:

Bootcha's making a requiem video with each line sung by a different goon. The chorus goes "goon de yadda."

lol that is actually p cool

thanks!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

vanduul ponies.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ZenMaster posted:

If that was a compilation I would be impressed, but that was a *single* play session.

Consider my mind blown

Video was 20 mins unedited including the long rear end loads screens / character getting up in the morning in his bizarre house in a corridor

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

Haha, that sad cannon.

:five:

You're like some kind of video making genius, or maybe the source material is just that good. Pretty sure it's the first.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
I enjoyed this exchange:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

That gun is the biggest emotional attachment I have had with a Star Citizen so far

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

I have no words.

Just a feeling of slightly smug vindication.

We will celebrate this evening with the dance of the 36 space scarves.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Eonwe posted:

same

best thing I have seen in game since the choo choo train sliding across the deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Whoever the artist is has some real talent. I really hope someone commissioned those pieces. I really dislike the pony stuff but i could get behind that artists talent on everything else. I love sci fi art.

• Locked thread