Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CapitalistPig posted:

Poop is funny, and butts are funny.

Pooping butts are not funny.

disagree, i have a butt but it never makes me laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

PBS Newshour posted:

it really isn't

Show me on the doll where the football touched you

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PBS Newshour posted:

disagree, i have a butt but it never makes me laugh

It looks like someone doesn't know how to use his butt properly then.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
esports more like ehobbies.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Samfucius posted:

Show me on the doll where the football touched you

yes make this about me hating football and not about me saying you are wrong about it being the lamest humor shortcut

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i mean i do hate football because it interrupted the x files premiere but that is beside the point

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Let's be clear: you don't have to like any sport, but the handegg thing is dumb

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Samfucius posted:

To be fair everything is dumb.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

yes make this about me hating football and not about me saying you are wrong about it being the lamest humor shortcut

Oh, okay.

It still is the lamest but whatever.

It's pretty much the sole domain of really bad webcomics at this point.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Egghand fan Samfucius displays little reading comprehension, becomes a cliche

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Samfucius posted:

you are totally in the right don't let haters hate you down.

PBS Newshour posted:

i mean i do hate football because it interrupted the x files premiere but that is beside the point

:agreed:

the onion called the premier a "clean mess" and I agree with them.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

Egghand fan Samfucius displays little reading comprehension, becomes a cliche

I didn't get you were talking about the lamest humor shortcut thing at the same time you thought I was defending football.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's not even an egg. I've never seen one hatch. Hand Prolate Spheroid, more like.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Samfucius posted:

I didn't get you were talking about the lamest humor shortcut thing at the same time you thought I was defending football.

no i didn't i am making a joke

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
football defender samificus doesn't understand funny meme or jokes

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

PBS Newshour posted:

esports is actually going to be an even bigger thing and its funny the amount of people who can't admit it will lol

it probably won't be in the olympics though

Yeah I agree. The reason I don't think it will be in the olympics is because then its getting to the point where olympic events are commerials for specific video games. It would start to get into really shady territory when different games are all trying to become olympic esports, and how would the olympic comittee determine which games are? It would come down to a who bribes them enough to vote their game in and vote their competitors game out. Its not like Chess or something where any company in the world can make a chess set, it would be some video game publisher advertising their video game for anyone watching around the world. Its just way more complicated then say adding Women's Rugby or something

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

In other news related to lunch chat, the carne asada I am eating right now owns bones

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If bribery is required, then it's definitely Olympics material.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Even if Esports reach the point where its that big and that respected, which it will, I still think the Olympics would never allow it because some sort of outcry would happen.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Samfucius posted:

In other news related to lunch chat, the carne asada I am eating right now owns bones

my condolences.

PBS Newshour posted:

Even if Esports reach the point where its that big and that respected, which it will, I still think the Olympics would never allow it because some sort of outcry would happen.

because sports require some sort of physical movement. chess isn't a sport

fake edit I googled before pressing submit and apparently the IOC says chess is a sport.

well. um. ok I guess starcraft can be in the olympics some day, there is no argument against it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I don't think you get how people would react.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Esports will never be an Olympic event you are whack. People get bored of games after a couple of years

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Esports should just make their own olympics.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Only making their own olympics raises the issue of which games in each genre will be represented, and who is hosting it.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Competitive alleycat is the only answer

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
windjammers i guess

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Esports won't ever be in the olympics because the special olympics has the market cornered on their athletes

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

Only making their own olympics raises the issue of which games in each genre will be represented, and who is hosting it.

I mean thats basically what we have now, except no one refers to the event as the olympics and the prizes are money instead of stupid medals, and the players aren't forced to team with their countryman. Each company hosting their own major event, and then some major events that feature multiple games

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I guess what I mean is you can have an event in the Olympics and call it "The MOBA Event" but then which one of those games do you use?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

I guess what I mean is you can have an event in the Olympics and call it "The MOBA Event" but then which one of those games do you use?

whichever one pays the most money to the people who make that decision

Thats kind of why this gets complicated. Ecco brings up the Chess example, but at least with Chess there is only one version, and anybody in the world can produce and sell a chess set. Its one thing to make a game an event, and a completely other one to make a specific product an event, which is what would be happening if they chose one Moba to be an olympic event at the exclusion of its competitiors

JakeP fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 26, 2016

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Samfucius posted:

You guys are lucky I am already fond of you because "sportsball" and "handegg" are two of the biggest, loudest indicators that someone is an insufferably smug nerd. Reducto ad absurdum is the lamest, cringiest "humor" shortcut.

Also we play mafia with internet strangers, we are the rock throwers in the glass house of stupid games.

I say sportsball sometimes and I'm an active athlete.

One time I said I couldn't make my DnD game because the Yankees were in the World Series and my group made fun of me. I am the dumb jock of my friends. :(

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

JakeP posted:

whichever one pays the most money to the people who make that decision

Thats kind of why this gets complicated. Ecco brings up the Chess example, but at least with Chess there is only one version, and anybody in the world can produce and sell a chess set. Its one thing to make a game an event, and a completely other one to make a specific product an event, which is what would be happening if they chose one Moba to be an olympic event at the exclusion of its competitiors

I'd love to see the olympics "produce" their own MOBA.

I hate MOBAs and the Olympics are an atrocity, so they definitely deserve each other.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Samfucius posted:

I'd love to see the olympics "produce" their own MOBA.

I hate MOBAs and the Olympics are an atrocity, so they definitely deserve each other.

That would own

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Esports won't ever be in the olympics because the special olympics has the market cornered on their athletes

As someone with a physical disability who has volunteered at the special Olympics this is pretty rude and insensitive even in jest

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You should be relieved, then, that I was referring to the Intellectual Disability of autism.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Dodgeball should be an Olympic event.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I get the keys to my new place tomorrow but I still have flu and barely have the energy to get out of bed when I'm not at work. On the upside, I'm toasty warm. My temperature feels like cuddling a radiator :3:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
congrats rarity I hope you heal up soon

Podima posted:

As someone with a physical disability who has volunteered at the special Olympics this is pretty rude and insensitive even in jest

forget it, pod, it's tastytown.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

CCKeane posted:

Dodgeball should be an Olympic event.

cricket will be an olympic sport before dodgeball :getin:

rarity don't die, last year i had flu and thought i was dying but i didn't, please take heart from my tale of overcoming the odds and get better and move into your place i am drinking tea 4 u right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is the 5th day :negative: