Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ursus Veritas posted:

So Evan Minsker wrote an article about the music from TAZ for Pitchfork. So Griffin is killing it right now basically.

He is truly the Bartman now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I've been telling people for years that Griffin's the funniest loving dude in video games, I'm glad it's finally being accepted as the scientific fact that it is.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Anyone remember that mattress company they advertised a few weeks ago? I'm in the market for a new one. Anyone try one? I remember it had a 90-day return policy and they ship it for free.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It continues to impress me that basically anything a mcelroy touches is gold

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

dantheman650 posted:

Anyone remember that mattress company they advertised a few weeks ago? I'm in the market for a new one. Anyone try one? I remember it had a 90-day return policy and they ship it for free.

It was Casper.

https://casper.com/mybrother?cvosrc...ent=landingpage

No clue if they're actually good or not, though.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

DoombatINC posted:

I owned this book. I went to Mr T Ate My Balls as a kid because of this book. I might still own this book.

Same, although I'm sure it's back at my parents' house. I was super into Dave Barry as a kid, my parents let me skip school in like 7th grade to go to a book signing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

He is truly the Bartman now.

Toe to tip, he's a bart!

Yea I'm glad the McElroy Domination Project seems to constantly crank hits out.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

flatluigi posted:

It continues to impress me that basically anything a mcelroy touches is gold

I found a dead fantasy football podcast they tried. I'm surprised I didn't hear about it until just randomly showing up in a podcast recommendation thing on my app

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

I think that was just this random thing Travis did specifically for a MBMBAM league last year.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We need an episode that's all robots.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
OOPS All Robots

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

The robot stuff was incredible. What else can I say about the McElroys. I would definitely listen to their 40....ish episode podcast about presidents

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

What did you say?

code:
PENIS TRICKS

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Travis's new podcast Shmanners dropped. First ep isn't anything exciting but his wife is a pretty solid podcaster so far.

I'll admit that the subject matter is a bit niche- I myself only took interest in etiquette after I got engaged. This might be one where you pick and choose the subjects that interest you.

Still Buffering's recently dropped as well, that's next in the playlist. Seems like it might have wider appeal.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Any bets on the next McElroy relative to get a podcast?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Probably Clint branching out into his own thing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Clint and the other fathers-in-law.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

And it can be called my flimflam

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Clint's a comic critic, so I could see him doing a comic podcast.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Clint and the other fathers-in-law.

I would listen to this if it were just them telling embarrassing stories about their kids.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

mikeycp posted:

I would listen to this if it were just them telling embarrassing stories about their kids.

It is critical that the kids are present and audible for these stories

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

FutonForensic posted:

It is critical that the kids are present and audible for these stories

But not directly mic'd. They have to be the studio audience.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
found Still Buffering to be incredibly incredibly dull but I'm ruined from listening to Don't Ever Change so much, which is nothing but crazy/stupid high school stories, and a podcast I recommend.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

mikeycp posted:

But not directly mic'd. They have to be the studio audience.

Basically keep them like PFT on Comedy Bang Bang before his character comes out. Just humorously making noise just barely off mic.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

We need an episode that's all robots.

they were this close to losing that sweet squarespace money

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Scudworth posted:

found Still Buffering to be incredibly incredibly dull but I'm ruined from listening to Don't Ever Change so much, which is nothing but crazy/stupid high school stories, and a podcast I recommend.
Yeah that first episode is not particularly strong. I'm going to keep it in my second string as I think there is some potential there for it to be funny once it finds its legs, but it could go either way. I am very close to Sidnee's age so maybe it's connecting with me more than it otherwise would.

Shmanners will probably never be funny but it seems pretty firmly staked in being primarily interesting/informational instead.

All that being said, I'll say that Rileigh is doing a better job podcasting than I ever could have at her age.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea wasn't bowled over by Still Buffering but I'll give it a shot to find its voice a bit better. Shmanners is very interesting but obviously meant as a genuine 'this is neat' kinda show rather than a joke thing, which I'm fine with. As once said by a great wizard, it doesn't have to be goof goof dildo

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The aesthetic difference between Teresa asking Travis if he's written thank you notes for holiday gifts and Griffin and Rachel discussing if master puppeteers have puppets specifically for boning is the widest of valleys, separating my worst nightmares of marriage from my wildest dreams.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The aesthetic difference between Teresa asking Travis if he's written thank you notes for holiday gifts and Griffin and Rachel discussing if master puppeteers have puppets specifically for boning is the widest of valleys, separating my worst nightmares of marriage from my wildest dreams.

I'm just incredibly into the fact that the brothers seemed to independently all find a way to marry Chipettes versions of themselves.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm just incredibly into the fact that the brothers seemed to independently all find a way to marry Chipettes versions of themselves.

Oh my gooooood this is blowing my loving mind

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

I wasn't going to give Rose Buddies a shot, but now, I am.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I think "Still Buffering" is perfectly fine, but it's outside the normal demo of MbMbaM. I could see women-in-their-30s/teens getting a lot from it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Teeeeenz

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

I genuinely miss that signoff!

Also, IT'S BACK FAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Bks1LTRbQ

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Nemico posted:

I genuinely miss that signoff!

Also, IT'S BACK FAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Bks1LTRbQ
Love that the sheet with the show's (new) title on the wall is also transparent, as is the better part of Justin's puffy jacket.

Wonder what THE Healthy Boy Wednesday will look like now.

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 27, 2016

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
I am very close to still being a Teen and I loved Still Buffering because it reminds me of myself just a couple of years ago in a really good way, because it reminds me that there were a lot of teens who were a little awkward and out of the loop as far as parties/music or whatever were concerned, and that I wasn't nearly as uniquely bad/embarassed as I thought at the time.

Also Sydnee and Rileigh have great chemistry and there were some jokes that got smiles out of me, if not actual guffaws or anything.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I love Mbmbam and Adventure zone but I can't make it through their spinoff podcasts because their co-hosts are awful. The Bunker Buddies girl being legitimately mentally ill and taking it all seriously is just sad and Brentalfloss is in the uncomfortable spot of not being funny or insightful enough for his commentary on the kind of clickbait I go out of my way to avoid to be worth listening to.

At least Sawbones is still good.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I've never been a teenage girl but I thought Still Buffering was fairly interesting. Granted, I do have a sister who's a decade younger than me so your mileage may vary, but I think it's got potential either way. They just need a better topic that they can both speak more authoritatively/freely about, because the two of them are definitely funny/charismatic enough to have a goofy conversation about something for 30 mins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Rileigh was in the best episode of so I think still buffering is gonna be great.