Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

I'm going to level with you guys, so much poo poo was going on / wrong I struggled to even make a vid :lol: anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoOf6r5vyZU

Just every single thing was broken

Can you do the front screen of the constellation use f thing in your next masterpiece? Unless they've fixed it since last time I tried. Also start flying and press v twice, show some speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:3:

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Fried Watermelon posted:

So what the hell were they actually working on at the studio if they have nothing to show from Star Marine?

That's my question. Where did the assets in that demo go? I can't wait for these NDA's to lift/be rendered toothless. I'd bet there was a monumental fuckup that was behind them scrapping whatever that demo was and cutting Illfonic to slow down their cash burn.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

grimcreaper posted:

Whoever the artist is has some real talent. I really hope someone commissioned those pieces. I really dislike the pony stuff but i could get behind that artists talent on everything else. I love sci fi art.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Each of those people need to be put on child predator watch lists.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Nope. Ponies. My mind is shutting off now.

peter gabriel posted:

That gun is the biggest emotional attachment I have had with a Star Citizen so far

Please keep making videos in the Verse. Thank you pgabz.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

Can you do the front screen of the constellation use f thing in your next masterpiece? Unless they've fixed it since last time I tried. Also start flying and press v twice, show some speed.

What is that?
I also tried pressing V, do you need to press it twice?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
What a world we live in, where Star Citizen is having a crisis of identity and production debt, and Mechwarrior Online is suddenly kinda fun to play again.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Bootcha posted:

What a world we live in, where Star Citizen is having a crisis of identity and production debt, and Mechwarrior Online is suddenly kinda fun to play again.

You can't be serious about MW:O. I haven't played it in a year or so, but is it really less terrible?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bootcha posted:

ill take your word for it

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Bootcha posted:

The former was to be expected. The latter is just plain weird.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
derek

where is the goon de yadda

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

What is that?
I also tried pressing V, do you need to press it twice?

If you float outside the front of the constellation just above the pilot seat, you can press f to jump in the chair from outside the ship. This seems to upset people for some reason as they dance in front of you in my experience. You can do the same thing on the top vanguard turrent, though then you need to exit the turret and jump in the pilot seat.

Pressing v unlocks your speed from a max of 50 to a max of 200, pressing it again take you up to a max speed of something like 1000, depending on the ship. Though you then end up stabbing v to try to turn it off again, it's worth it as it's crazy fast for impact testing purposes.

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.

Bootcha posted:

Are Commandos viable light mechs again or is it still all about Jenners/Ravens/Firestarters/Clams? I kinda miss my Metal Baby but they made it so utterly pointless :(

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Pgabz, is this family

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

If you float outside the front of the constellation just above the pilot seat, you can press f to jump in the chair from outside the ship. This seems to upset people for some reason as they dance in front of you in my experience. You can do the same thing on the top vanguard turrent, though then you need to exit the turret and jump in the pilot seat.

Pressing v unlocks your speed from a max of 50 to a max of 200, pressing it again take you up to a max speed of something like 1000, depending on the ship. Though you then end up stabbing v to try to turn it off again, it's worth it as it's crazy fast for impact testing purposes.

*scribbles down notes furiously*

Thank you commando!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

Pgabz, is this family

Good lord ha ha

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Thank you commando!

Fly safe Citizen, see you in the 'Verse.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, it's a version of an X-52 with a bunch of plastic poo poo glued on to it

Christ, Hawking himself would be confused with that contraption.

Colostomy Bag fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 26, 2016

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Second sentence under Where Are We Now? should say sight, not site. Otherwise it's pretty good.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

spacetoaster posted:

vanduul ponies.

Trying to use a gun or fly a spaceship with horsefeet is a pretty accurate representation of the current state of the game actually.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

whoa what's going on

at least he's still 100% satisfied

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

fuzzknot posted:

We will celebrate this evening with the dance of the 36 space scarves.

Someone needs to do a 36 luftbaloons song

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

Trying to use a gun or fly a spaceship with horsefeet is a pretty accurate representation of the current state of the game actually.

Spoken like a true brony. This is HERESY.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

ZenMaster posted:

Eönwë (Q, pron. [eˈonwe]) was the banner-bearer and herald of Manwë, and Chief of the Maiar along with Ilmarë. Eönwë was the best with weapons in all Arda, though not necessarily the most powerful.[1]

I thought his username was a phonetic spelling of ennui. The feeling you have playing Fart Shitzen.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The best part of this shitfest is...it is only Tuesday. ATV is yet to come on Thursday.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Bootcha posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-8BaUbMESE

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Already been used for an Eve parody.

https://soundcloud.com/shutupandshave/109-stupid-goons

But then, so many other songs people keep using have been too.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

is there anyone left at the austin office now?

maybe there was no austin office all along :tinfoil:

Back in Sept when I said that Austin office was closing and being down-sized to a smaller office, Spergs said I was making poo poo up.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Colostomy Bag posted:

At least something actually HAPPENED with the luftballons.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

This week on AtV we will be featuring lots of empty chairs! And also Sandi. She's still here.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Colostomy Bag posted:

Search this thread for "99 toxic goons".

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Star Citizen: Forget their words from before.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Hey, since croberts likes to rip off Hitchhikers guide so much, their customer service department should adopt this as their anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM-t3I5uFro

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

BeefThief posted:

"Right so okay, next question, uhh this one comes from Wesha. Wesha asks, 'When do you think we will see trade in the game, and is mining coming soon?' You know I get pretty irritated when people keep saying, you know, trade is cancelled or, we won't be able to load cargo or, you can't interact with the asteroids, that kind of stuff.

What I will say is that no, trade isn't cancelled, the plans have just changed a bit due to some prioritization that we're doing. What we have in the PU now, you know with moving the vending machines around, that's definitely the start point of what trade will become. And as far as loading cargo and moving it from place to place, you're already seeing a lot of that with the vending machine so, the feature is delivered as promised.

As far as asteroids being minable, yes, we're definitely doing that, it will just be in a way that is respectful of the use of computing assets and resources both for the client and server. So you will definitely see something, just not everything right now, we're thinking we'll have something for you in about two weeks but eh... that may change a little bit. Right."

:allears:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

I'm going to level with you guys, so much poo poo was going on / wrong I struggled to even make a vid :lol: anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoOf6r5vyZU

Just every single thing was broken

You're doing God's work

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

BeefThief posted:

This week on AtV we will be featuring lots of empty chairs! And also Sandi. She's still here.

That's okay; she does the work of ALL of them, you know.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

BeefThief posted:

Sandi going down with the ship is about as likely as Ben not being the last one out.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

grimcreaper posted:

Whoever the artist is has some real talent. I really hope someone commissioned those pieces. I really dislike the pony stuff but i could get behind that artists talent on everything else. I love sci fi art.

someone did commission them, but that's also what he does for fun.

it took three clicks before i saw ponies loving on his tumblr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

I really wonder if we'll ever get that one satisfying day when everything just collapses completely at once. It's probably more likely that the project will continue to slowly die with a person leaving here and there and the updates slowing down until they finally stop. People just won't stop giving them loving money.

• Locked thread