Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

throwing my support behind the redux guy. he writes stuff that gets citizens in a tizzy and awesome criticism like 'hire an editor' when it's two guys and a blog can gently caress off. who gives a single solitary gently caress about how well it's written when it's a site not called somethingawful calling star citizen a broken piece of poo poo?

that said dude, don't take poo poo so seriously.

Epic same, don't get run out of the thread blog guy. Also in light of this stunning news I'd just like to revisit this glorious article published all of three weeks ago (I know that's a literal eternity if CIG time, but still) and reflect on how professional journalists are completely full of poo poo

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/632079/Call-Of-Duty-Black-Ops-3-Star-Citizen-FPS-Stealth-Revealed

Especially if they are British

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
If you look like Chris Roberts and yet you insist on slapping your face on advertising poo poo, chances are you're a delusional gently caress

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

The Kins posted:

"I'm pleased to announce we've found a new, high tech game engine for Star Marine."

fuckin lol

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Berious posted:

Epic same, don't get run out of the thread blog guy. Also in light of this stunning news I'd just like to revisit this glorious article published all of three weeks ago (I know that's a literal eternity if CIG time, but still) and reflect on how professional journalists are completely full of poo poo

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/632079/Call-Of-Duty-Black-Ops-3-Star-Citizen-FPS-Stealth-Revealed

hahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaaaha

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Berious posted:

Gotta give shitzens their credit, plenty in that thread aint happy.

Lots of upvotes and people agreeing with him in comments. I think as more features get cut as per EightAce's info the brown sea is going to get very restless. Once the mood turns things will get ugly fast :getin:

That's a really smart Reddit person.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Berious posted:

I love that article. It's a perfect example of the media just taking things at face value. If any other developer on the planet was making those claims (maybe not Molyneux) there'd be no reason to doubt them. Chris Roberts is a delusional piece of loving genetic flotsam, yet his word is held to the same standard. It's insane. He deserves everything that's coming to him.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

OhDearGodNo posted:

That's a really smart Reddit person.

there is no such thing after you realize they still spent money on the game.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Berious posted:

Romes128 posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaaaha

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Romes128 posted:

there is no such thing after you realize they still spent money on the game.

But they didn't pay to post on Reddit :smug:

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Hey thread,

I'm skipping ahead now, but after being 50+ pages behind since New Years, I finally caught up with the thread for once! And what a day to do it too.

Anyways, in that time I decided to give Chris' past games a shot. If you haven't played them, they explain so much. I regret ever thinking Sandi was responsible for the cult behavior. My new narrative is Chris is a sperg and has been recruiting like minded people for about 25 years. The real revelation was reading the manual for privateer, I think goons said he had little to do with this game, but it reads just like the hand-wavy nonsense I've come to expect from croberts and star citizen. It even warns you not to trust spaceship dealers (see SC isn't a scam, it's immersive!)

Also cats:

Thank you.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
remember when the SC FPS team did a reddit AMA in 2014? https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2k7kuu/we_are_the_star_citizen_fps_team_ask_us_anything/

beer asked them about the actual content, and this was their response:

quote:

[–]SC-FPS-Team [S] 1155 points 1 year ago

there are so many. lets just pull one randomly from the sky.

A Persistent Universe experience. I'm a stealthy, solo player. I find a wrecked ship, i know scavengers will be around soon. I find a crate and put myself in it. I let the scavengers take the crate and put me in their ship. When i'm on their ship, some time later, i get out of the crate. Very quietly, i rummage around and find some goodies i like. I steal those... now i can either - A) Jump out the airlock and call a ride or B) go to their engine room and self destruct their ship or C) quietly hunt and execute the entire staff and take their ship.... or Z) they could have scanned the crate properly before loading it, blasted it with their ship and me with it....

I think just holding this quote up next to a peter gabriel gameplay video summarizes the project so perfectly

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

But they didn't pay to post on Reddit :smug:

but they post on reddit at the cost of their dignity

my dignity is intact (mostly).

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dusty Lens posted:

Dawn of War is a good and well made game. It has more going for it than the appeal of the IP.

$3 is a very reasonable amount of money to spend on it.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I love those games, all of them. I am also terrible at RTS games so probably not the best judge.

edit: for 3 bucks? buy it!

Purchased. Thank you for your good advice about good games in this thread about bad games and the bad advice that goes with them.

I mean, for three bucks that's basically nothing. 1/10 of a starship!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

padijun posted:

remember when the SC FPS team did a reddit AMA in 2014? https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2k7kuu/we_are_the_star_citizen_fps_team_ask_us_anything/

I think just holding this quote up next to a peter gabriel gameplay video summarizes the project so perfectly

If I am inside a crate can I be stacked really, really high?

This is really important to me.

Beet Wagon posted:

Purchased. Thank you for your good advice about good games in this thread about bad games and the bad advice that goes with them.

I mean, for three bucks that's basically nothing. 1/10 of a starship!

That's some cheap starship you got there.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

padijun posted:

what if you get out of your crate, then open another crate just to find another player inside

then after a while you realize all the crates contain other players who are just as confused as you are

you land, the cargo hatch opens, and someone greets you, "welcome to the 4th stimpire"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Beet Wagon, is your starship a 300i? Because I have some news

quote:

CIG requesting feedback for possible 300i rework
submitted an hour ago by zenerbufenHigh Admiral

Meohfumado-CIG: I am neither confirming nor denying that a drastic overhaul is going to take place. I am gathering as much information as possible so that IF such an overhaul, or any rework whatsoever, does take place...we have as much ammunition as possible with regards to the fanbase's feedback that the designers and devs who are in charge of such an operation can try to deliver the best ship they possibly can which will hopefully please as many people as we possibly can.

That the backers think it needs an massive overhaul will indeed be heavily featured in my report. The more info you provide about your needs/wants/desires/expectations for the ship, the more I can provide the Devs/Designers with in regards to what our backers want out of a ship they shelled out their hard-earned money for.

What the devs/designers do with that information is up to them and their leads however.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, it's a version of an X-52 with a bunch of plastic poo poo glued on to it

Don't forget the membrane keyboard. Only the cheapest and nastiest plastic crap for our valued backers

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6292510/#Comment_6292510

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun

quote:

Roberts explained: "[Stealth] is part of the core design."

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

D_Smart posted:

Got another Star Citizen departure confirmation. Ted Beargeon is also now gone https://www.linkedin.com/in/tbeargeon

Seems like they held up those Christmas departures for few weeks. I hope CIG had to pay those dudes lots of money to stay a little bit longer just to show up Derek Smart

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

he means stealth as in "you won't even know this game existed"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Everything is fine. Everything is normal.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I'd still be flabbergasted if say Ridge Racer was developed under these conditions.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

padijun posted:

quote:

A Persistent Universe experience. I'm a stealthy, solo player. I find a wrecked ship, i know scavengers will be around soon. I find a crate and put myself in it. I let the scavengers take the crate and put me in their ship. When i'm on their ship, some time later, i get out of the crate. Very quietly, i rummage around and find some goodies i like. I steal those... now i can either - A) Jump out the airlock and call a ride or B) go to their engine room and self destruct their ship or C) quietly hunt and execute the entire staff and take their ship.... or Z) they could have scanned the crate properly before loading it, blasted it with their ship and me with it....

Not sure it's really necessary to do this, but I'm going to find it therapeutic, so I'm going to pick this apart.

I'm a stealthy, solo player. - There is no stealth in this game.
I find a wrecked ship, i know scavengers will be around soon. - There are no wrecked ships in this game. Where will you find this? And how will you know scavengers will be around soon?
I find a crate and put myself in it. - There are no crates. In fact there are no enterable objects at all, except the lovely ships.
I let the scavengers take the crate and put me in their ship. - So you're going to stare at a texture for ... how long? How will you know what's happening outside the crate? How will you know when you're "in their ship"?
When i'm on their ship, some time later, i get out of the crate. - No crates, no scavengers, but I suspect if they ever add it you'll be enjoying a 15-second unskippable animation at about this time.
Very quietly, i rummage around and find some goodies i like. I steal those... - Sorry - there is no stealth, and there are no goodies, and there is no inventory system even if there were. This is painful.
now i can either - A) Jump out the airlock and call a ride - OK there are airlocks you can jump out of, or you can just wait for the game to randomly eject you. Your call, really.
B) go to their engine room and self destruct their ship - No engine room, no self-destruct, and btw, were you planning to jump out of the airlock after this rather than get blown up? If so, why murder the occupants at all, you psycho?
C) quietly hunt and execute the entire staff and take their ship - There's no stealth, so you'll be doing it loudly. You're a pussy, so you'll lose. And you can't shoot the pilot at any rate anyway.
Z) they could have scanned the crate properly before loading it, blasted it with their ship and me with it.... - This game does not have, nor will it ever have, scanners that will detect the presence of player entities inside of crates. And just because you kill innocent people doesn't mean everyone does. Freak.

This loving game exists ENTIRELY in people's minds.

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun

Romes128 posted:

he means stealth as in "you won't even know this game existed"
the brackets in that quote are the funniest part to me

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

The PU paid for itself and Squadron 42, it should get highest consideration

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thanks Ben.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the PU comes first, thats why we spent all that dev time on Star Marine

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen: Thread Done.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

The Kins posted:

"I'm pleased to announce we've found a new, high tech game engine for Star Marine."

All of StarCitizen should be moved to the Doom engine, it might actually run.

As a bonus, all the jpeg ships that have been sold could be inserted into the game pretty much as is. Your ships are already done.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Except we can't take his word for it cause the only word we can rely on is that of Chris roberts. Everything else is speculation.

Also didn't him or the other fat guy say on stream that they didn't won't answer anything about development cause they don't know what's going on with it. Lol.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Just posting ahead of the catchup to point out that the goon named 1500 missed out on posting in page 1500.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

hakimashou posted:

Star Citizen: Forget their words from before.

This along with Star Citizen: I will feel grief and Star Citizen: This game causes me great pain would all make great titles for the next thread.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

This along with Star Citizen: I will feel grief and Star Citizen: This game causes me great pain would all make great titles for the next thread.

No more new threads. We need to ride this bitch out till the end.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hey I know you were all waiting with baited breath, but don't worry. My soup came out just fine.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Hey I know you were all waiting with baited breath, but don't worry. My soup came out just fine.

Will there be soup in the game?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

Will there be soup in the game?

Do the tears of backers count as soup?

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
remember when Ben said he'd start feeling guilty around the 60 million mark
pepperidge farm remembers

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Two part question:
Will there be planetary fishing? If yes, will fishing pacts be a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Ben closed this this thread while caressing his Pilgrim's Cross

• Locked thread