Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Gave up trying to watch season 1 because sling is such a piece of poo poo, then I found this on El Rey's website. Hurry up with this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This requires effort to see from Canada and I'm lazy but I still saw most of Season 1.

I think one of my fave moves was the one where the guy jumped on the middle rope, over the top rope back onto the second rope and did a cool move.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
It would figure that there's only one Canadian channel that is showing Lucha Underground and my service provider doesn't carry it. :(

I won't give up, Lucha Underground! I will find a way to watch legitimately/give you money!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

AlmightyBob posted:

Gave up trying to watch season 1 because sling is such a piece of poo poo, then I found this on El Rey's website. Hurry up with this

Sadly, I think it's been like that for about a year. But they keep saying stuff is "in the works"...

I'll let you know when that fubo DVR service gets out of beta and starts being able to tape LU :smith:

Danny LaFever posted:

This requires effort to see from Canada and I'm lazy but I still saw most of Season 1.

I think one of my fave moves was the one where the guy jumped on the middle rope, over the top rope back onto the second rope and did a cool move.

If you get TLN, you'll be able to watch this season on that, airing on Sunday instead of Wednesday but still!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

LionYeti posted:

I genuinely wonder if Hijo de Perro Aguayo didn't die would he have been Pentagon Jr's master instead of Vampiro?

Meltz said him dying was worse for AAA than Cena dying would be for WWE which I'm still trying to unfuck my brain from

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did Sling really not get any better? I tried it out when it first launched last year, and while it worked pretty good on Roku, the PC app was loving garbage. When watching a random channel like Adult Swim, it would buffer, skip and occasionally just shut down so I had to restart the whole program. I caught maybe 40% of the actual content I intended to watch live, on any channel.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm choosing to interpret LU making all of their videos not available in the uk a sign they're about to make the show available in the UK and not just something that's really annoying.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

As a UK resident I assume they just want us to torrent LU. XWT is open for signups.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Benne posted:

Did Sling really not get any better? I tried it out when it first launched last year, and while it worked pretty good on Roku, the PC app was loving garbage. When watching a random channel like Adult Swim, it would buffer, skip and occasionally just shut down so I had to restart the whole program. I caught maybe 40% of the actual content I intended to watch live, on any channel.

My favorite thing is the volume on the Roku app being 20% of the volume on everything else, so I get to put my TV on megablast and then forget about it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys.

I'm hype.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

La morte non ha sesso
I'm going to get into this and start watching from the beginning of the season. I, also, am pretty hype. I haven't been this hyped for a fed since...uh, since someone showed old Mid-South tapings in PSP. :corsair:

Edit: LU occupies this weird sweet spot for me, where the storytelling is basically magical, but still "real" in a sense that WWE isn't.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 26, 2016

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Benne posted:

The current El Rey episode has

Spoilers no thanks.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Spoilers no thanks.

Are you really bitching about spoilers from a season 1 episode.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

It's the season 2 thread. Stop calling me a bitch, keyboard warrior.

Discuss season 2 here. No spoilers.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

It's the season two thread. Season 1 is fair game for spoilers, you've had six months, and its something that will probably be important in S2.

Speaking of spoilers, The Meltz spoils S2 stuff after explicitly saying he wouldn't, so be careful if you listen to WOR today.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Matanza Cueto ate a dude.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

ZoDiAC_ posted:

vampiro is pentagon's master and Mil Muertes beat Prince Puma in the main event of Ultima Lucha for the championship

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

They just need to keep it for 20 more days, then on the 666th day of their reign they can sacrifice their titles to call upon the power of the Devil to help them win all other AAA and Lucha Underground titles.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

ZoDiAC_ posted:

He asked if you were bitching. Nobody called you a bitch, bitch.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Don't be dumb. Anything Season One is fair game and doesn't count as spoilers. poo poo, I spoiled all of Ultima Lucha in the second post of the thread.

In other news, poo poo is POPPIN OFF in anticipation of the season premiere:

The Sportscenter segment that they shot last week will be airing tonight!

The first ever Lucha Underground official comic is out!
https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/692107486967504896

Pretty good interviews with Ivelisse and Catrina. Ivelisse confirms that she actually broke her ankle before the FIRST Trios finale match (the three-way one) and said gently caress it and taped it up. So she wrestled two matches on a broken ankle to win the title. That's a hard woman right there. (edit): here's a cool little interview with Chavo, too.

Like everyone is working the media circuit, apparently Mundo and [wrestler not yet debuted] did an interview with Sam Roberts on Sirius XM and they're also doing MLW with Court Bauer, DeJoseph is doing podcasts all over the place and is doing an AMA tomorrow, Marty the Moth was apparently on Bill DeMott's podcast....it seems like a solid media push is on right now, good for them.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 27, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Looks like he broke into RVD's stash

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm so pumped that we are only a day away from the return of the greatest tope suicida in wrestling history.

Cuerno's taking that drat belt this season.

someusername
Jan 26, 2015
That comic is amazeballs. Added to list.

Tell me it's all canon. Catrina's awesome throne, disciples harvesting skulls...

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

someusername posted:

That comic is amazeballs. Added to list.

Tell me it's all canon. Catrina's awesome throne, disciples harvesting skulls...

Hey, the comic is officially endorsed!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The comic is officially cannon.

I love this drat promotion.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I'm so pumped that we are only a day away from the return of the greatest tope suicida in wrestling history.

Cuerno's taking that drat belt this season.

I want a Cuerno/Rey feud really badly

Hell, if the two had any cool matches in AAA someone let me know

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Rey Mysterio is a literal superhero, coming to avenge the death of a fallen comrade in arms, only to encounter all the death and darkness that surrounds the Temple after Mil Muertes's takeover.

I loving love this company.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Nice of PWG to let them use Super Dragon unmasked on page 14.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

AlmightyBob posted:

if this show could get onto netflix like that other El Rey property on this pic it might actually take off because it is the perfect "1am stoner looking for something to watch in awe" programming. but it will never happen.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Signed up for FuboTV and am hype as gently caress for the premiere tomorrow.

Another Person posted:

if this show could get onto netflix like that other El Rey property on this pic it might actually take off because it is the perfect "1am stoner looking for something to watch in awe" programming. but it will never happen.

Shouldn't be that hard to get season 1 on some service unless they're asking for an arm and a leg for the rights. Netflix, Amazon and Hulu are hungry for content.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
LU and NXT wednesdays, back again. Awesome.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/692180313833934848

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Who is that on the far left

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lone Goat posted:

Who is that on the far left

To the left of Cuerno? Just a fan I believe. They sent emails out to a bunch of regulars to have them come to the taping for this.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I just finished watching the end of Ultima Lucha again and I still can't believe what they did with Drago and Aerostar. One is a literal dragon and the other travels by spaceship... :allears:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That comic rules

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Vampiro was the Master all along and the green question mark was for Rey

toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine

Pinwiz11 posted:

I just finished watching the end of Ultima Lucha again and I still can't believe what they did with Drago and Aerostar. One is a literal dragon and the other travels by spaceship... :allears:

I just finished watching it, and that was the best thing all season.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The LU segment on SportsCenter is coming up, if you can survive listening to Stephen A. Smith talk.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

The LU segment on SportsCenter is coming up, if you can survive listening to Stephen A. Smith talk.

It's draining the life out of me, although the little LU clip they already showed was pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Benne posted:

Looks like he broke into RVD's stash

This motherfucker was in an Air Bud movie about wrestling and I only just learned this now

• Locked thread