Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

not to mention you eject from a jet in the face of the otherwise certain death. you may have to blow an F1 canopy away just because you crashed hard enough to stick the regular mechanism. it's just obvious anyone still suggesting explosive bolts is naive and stupid and hasn't spent one loving second thinking this through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
Merc have already fit explosive bolts to road cars, never mind racing cars.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Lmao at people thinking explosive bolts go off like frag grenades liquefying the driver

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

jammyozzy posted:

Lmao at people thinking explosive bolts go off like frag grenades liquefying the driver

Seriously, go look them up. I honestly think you guys have it in your mind that it would be like a Michael Bay film.

It's a tiny little implosion that severes the bolt so it is no longer holding down whatever it was bolted to.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

no one is putting an explosive device of any kind in an f1 car, end of discussion

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

1500quidporsche posted:

Seriously, go look them up. I honestly think you guys have it in your mind that it would be like a Michael Bay film.
Who is "you guys?" No one here thinks that apart from Wicka (he is mentally extremely unwell.)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm Crap posted:

Who is "you guys?" No one here thinks that apart from Wicka (he is mentally extremely unwell.)

get over yourself. explosive bolts have long ago been ruled out by all involved parties. if anyone is "mentally extremely unwell" it's the daft cunts itt who think they know more about what's safe to install in an F1 car than F1 teams, drivers, and engineers.

literally move on to any other topic. this one is closed. it's been decided and explosive bolts are not happening. if you would like to shitpost about unrealistic bullshit, reddit exists, that's what it's for.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"you know that one post who doesn't think it's cool to watch drivers die and doesn't want them trapped in canopies that can only be freed with explosive bolts? yeah, mentally unwell"

:rolleyes:

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
I don't think you're crazy because you don't believe canopies are the solution to head injuries in F1. I think you're crazy because every time you disagree with anyone about anything, which is all the time, you make lots of quite extraordinarily angry posts, half a dozen at a time, in the style of a very, very crazy person.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm Crap posted:

I don't think you're crazy because you don't believe canopies are the solution to head injuries in F1. I think you're crazy because every time you disagree with anyone about anything, which is all the time, you make lots of quite extraordinarily angry posts, half a dozen at a time, in the style of a very, very crazy person.

crazy idea: people shouldn't post about how they think it's fine for drivers to die. people shouldn't spam half a page about explosive bolts when the entire concept is dead and buried. again, go to reddit if all you want to do is shitpost. this thread was bad enough without you.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

and it takes quite a child to see a person swear on the internet and assume they are crazy or angry...

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

be nice wicka posted:

crazy idea: people shouldn't post about how they think it's fine for drivers to die. people shouldn't spam half a page about explosive bolts when the entire concept is dead and buried. again, go to reddit if all you want to do is shitpost. this thread was bad enough without you.

Again I'll refer you to the fact that explosive bolts aren't coated in two inches of plastic explosives and blow the head off with the force of a bullet but in fact designed to have just enough force to severe the bolt.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Again I'll refer you to the fact that explosive bolts aren't coated in two inches of plastic explosives and blow the head off with the force of a bullet but in fact designed to have just enough force to severe the bolt.

i don't care. it doesn't matter if they are nuclear bolts or if they explode and the bear from those fabric softener commercials cuddles you to safety. they have been ruled out by everyone involved. ranting on and on and on about it is pointless. stop.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

be nice wicka posted:

they explode and the bear from those fabric softener commercials cuddles you to safety.

That almost certainly hasn't been ruled out and I think it should be investigated for the 2017 rules.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

That almost certainly hasn't been ruled out and I think it should be investigated for the 2017 rules.

i suppose it would be more accurate to say he snuggles you to safety

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
who would trust pastor with even the smallest explosive

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Melbourne can't come soon enough. :saddowns:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Minto Took posted:

Melbourne can't come soon enough. :saddowns:

when mclaren wins you will crave the offseason

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

This bolt chat is riveting...

Going to watch a few races today. Not sure what era yet.

I've been playing with this thing http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-ferrari-f2002-mod-released.116515/

So I might watch some V10 era something.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Norns posted:

Going to watch a few races today. Not sure what era yet.

I'm on the FIA 2010 review before moving on to watch the full 2011 races, I just can't face listening to Jonathan Legard after suffering though James Allen.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
According to this article on a Mexican website, Ferrari have decided to go with a red and white colour scheme this year.

Red and white. Like every other year ever.

http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2016/01/esclusiva-ferrari-con-livrea-bianco.html

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Has Ron picked which shade of grey McLaren will use though? That's the real question

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

El Hefe posted:

Has Ron picked which shade of grey McLaren will use though? That's the real question

That is already known, its light grey. As Jenson has appeared in an Ad wearing the 2016 race suit.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

El Hefe posted:

Presumably the shade of grey is picked by the title sponsor

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
New front wing teaser photo had red paint splatter in a subtle and arty way right on the tip of the nose.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Brainwrong posted:

According to this article on a Mexican website, Ferrari have decided to go with a red and white colour scheme this year.

Red and white. Like every other year ever.

http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2016/01/esclusiva-ferrari-con-livrea-bianco.html

They were red with black accents only for quite some time.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

I wish the Shell McLaren concept was actually a thing.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Human Grand Prix posted:

They were red with black accents only for quite some time.

2015: Red, white and black

2014: Lots of red and white

2013: Still lots of red and white

etc etc etc

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Presumably the shade of grey is picked by the title sponsor

so it'd look like one of those clear phones we all had in the 90s?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

be nice wicka posted:

And clear F1 car would be the coolest

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

be nice wicka posted:

More like this clearly fictional F1 livery, because surely it could never have really existed

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

1500quidporsche posted:

Preseason testing can't come fast enough then you idiots can shut up about all this theoretical horseshit and get onto analyzing the glorious 2016 McLaren Honda car and how quickly it'll wrap up both championships

About the same time they start letting Mercs through like Toro Rossos do for the Red Bulls.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Is Lewis Hamilton dead? I haven't seen him cropping up on the internet recently. It seems ages since he posted a video of him bum-dancing with a popstar or throat-raping a rap song in a night club. And where are the runway photos of him modelling clothes made from sawdust and diamonds?

I don't like this radio silence

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

be nice wicka posted:

no one is putting an explosive device of any kind in an f1 car, end of discussion

Better get rid of that kelvar bag of highly flammable liquid then.

[edit] When is Lewis' rap album coming out? I could use a good laugh.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Hopefully never, what little I did hear of his music was offensively generic.

Lewis Hamilton in every way is a poor man's version of Are Jacques :canada:

Frankly it's embarrassing.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Nando has been completely off the grid for nearly a month now as well, Spanish press don't know where he is either :ohdear:

(he said on twitter he would be back feb 1st)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
This is clearly more appealing to potential sponsors because no McLaRon has ever had a "cool spot" on it.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

Nando has been completely off the grid for nearly a month now as well, Spanish press don't know where he is either :ohdear:

(he said on twitter he would be back feb 1st)

Probably downloading firmware updates.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Nando does the Senna thing where he retreats for a month or two to mediate/train/gain mental strength or w/e you want to call it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Riso posted:

Nando does the Senna thing where he retreats for a month or two to mediate/train/gain mental strength or w/e you want to call it.

All drivers do it, its there peak time from about Christmas to the first race is all prep time for the new season. They only get a short window to have fun - i.e. last race to the new year, unless of course you rap up the WDC many races early then you can party earlier.

• Locked thread