Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Watch Ben in the background. I think he's struggling to stay awake.
He did the exact same thing last time Sean was on. He really looked like he was going to topple over and hit the camera.

The sad thing is Sean talking on RtV is about as open and honest and SUBSTANTIVE as the show ever gets. I guess if Ben can't talk about Wing Commander lore non-stop, he might as well curl up and catch some ZZZs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He looks ill to me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Turret Chat: "We know it loving sucks, we don't know how to fix it, but we're trying."

Man I bet these guys are going to be pissed with whatever solution Frontier comes up with.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Eonwe posted:

itshappening.gif

the first harvest of disappointed tears came in and boy is it a bumper crop
Are you referring to what happened with Star Marine or something new from the stream?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

He did the exact same thing last time Sean was on. He really looked like he was going to topple over and hit the camera.

The sad thing is Sean talking on RtV is about as open and honest and SUBSTANTIVE as the show ever gets. I guess if Ben can't talk about Wing Commander lore non-stop, he might as well curl up and catch some ZZZs.

Yeah. This is exactly the kind of stuff that they should be doing more of. Especially since the community staff flat out said they won't answer design questions.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Please accept this humble thread as a goodpost offering.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42z63c/the_saga_of_star_marine_an_indepth_analysis_of/

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

zcrow posted:

I'm so sorry.

Thank you for this, it made my day.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

why would Ben want to listen to an actual developer talk about what can't be done when he can just ~dream~

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Berious posted:

You don't understand, Chris was annoyed! I'm sure he expected the backers to apologize and grovel like his employees have to.
The way that was delivered was quite the miscalculation.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He's really loving struggling... lol... There should be some amazing gifs coming out of today's livestream.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I preferred the original Japanese title, All You Need Is JPGs

Lowtax posted:

YOU CAN TELL ITS FAKE........ LOOK AT THE NUMBER OF COMMENTS

THAT IS THE ONLY THING THAT GIVES IT AWAY
I'm trying to come up with a 9/11 conspiracy theory joke that isn't the tried-and-tested jet fuel stuff, but it's too early in the morning.

peter gabriel posted:

Star Citizen is easily the most entertaining game I have played in the last few years
Star Citizen is easily the most entertaining game I have never played in the last few years. Well, Dwarf Fortress might be up there. It's pretty close, honestly.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with these people, I was reading one thread and a posted referred to illfonic as [Redacted], that guy just called goons "Silly Asshats" and whatever name they feel like derek smart. Like does saying the boogeymans name freak them out or give us power, i just dont loving get it, they're mentally 12 years old
It's long established in Internet Mythology that Names Are Power, and that using somebody's name either gives them power like a tubby Voldemort, or establishes power over them like in some Eastern European fairy tale that ends with all the children dying of starvation.

That's why all the angry emails Lowtax has gotten over the last decade and a half or so start with "Dear Richard" in a failed effort to establish dominance.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
LOL Lando bashing Black Desert character customization?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

this guy

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

It's an excellent Star Citizen example, he's using comments from this thread combined with a player posed screengrab from weeks later when they raised the player cap for a day before immediately lowering it again. It's all fake, it's perfect.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

He did that in my last thread too but deleted it once it was down voted into oblivion. So make sure you document THOROUGHLY.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

This is me whenever I see a true believer with THOUSANDS of posts on the CIG forum posting negative thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1188GO4p1E

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Did they just admit that the blackout/redout mechanics weren't fun?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Ben finally got his opening to mention Wing Commander. Back to sleep now I guess.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

G0RF posted:

loving incredible you said that, because the first thing out of the blob's maw was "blah blah wing commander"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Anybody still watching this bollocks? A passenger doesn't black out during maneuvering while on a constellation because of inertial dampers, the pilot does because of balance reasons.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah but it's "balanced" so it's ok. Not sure what it's balanced against.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

SeldomSeen posted:

Now make scarves for the space ships if you want the real cash.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lmbo where was this posted

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Shooting individual components out has been cut.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Xaerael posted:

loving incredible you said that, because the first thing out of the blob's maw was "blah blah wing commander"

Well when you've dedicated your life to something it's hard to talk about anything else.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

lmao

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think he was talking about the first iteration, not what is currently being done. But he did say that the pilot will be effected by G forces while no one else will be.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol at the person who took this screenshot, he has money in star citizen

lmfao

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I want someone to watch this interview and then tell me they still think Squadron 42 will be out this year.

YeahDavidLeeRoth
Sep 23, 2008

guys we are getting realistic space glass. i just pledged another $100

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Scruffpuff posted:

Yeah but it's "balanced" so it's ok. Not sure what it's balanced against.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

They need to have this guy talk more in the future

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
They have 3 web shows a week, I wonder if they are going to cut a game features on each show to spread all this bad news out.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

I love how I can finally take a look at that flashing still image in Eonwe's AV now. :)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

This twitch chat is incredible.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Beet Wagon posted:

This twitch chat is incredible.

You're doing the lord's work in there.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but for reals tho, where'd that picture get posted, I want to follow along there

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

2DCAT posted:

Here's a preview of the new scarf module:

Croberts plans on selling each scarf jpeg for $50, but I'm willing to offer everyone a goon discount and sell it to folks here for a mere $25.

now tie the end of that around a load bearing beam....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.
"Everything is possible, it's just a matter of time and money"

• Locked thread