Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I was gonna slink my way back to the office when one of the soaks I'd been drinking with confronted me outside of the bar. Wanted to know where I'd been last night. My mind raced a little. Fact is, I lost track of time eating gyro pizza and drinking mediocre beer and the ability to put my say in had slipped by. It was unprofessional to admit that to a suspect, naturally so I put forth something that wasn't my exact reason but was still something I believed, a sort of half truth. Sounded better. "Fact is, I think the skinny lawyer was innocent, and the next best guy wouldn't have swung with my vote anyways. Wasn't worth it." 'Whew.' I mused 'good thing this is my personal diary.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
:redhammer:

I think paddock raver just did

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

SKY COQ posted:

:redhammer:

I think paddock raver just did

no theres only 5

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Zetsubou-san (5): Those On My Left, Gwynplaine, iajanus, Mithranderp, Mithranderp, Birdstrike, black_tangled
bowmore (2): SKY COQ, SKY COQ, SKY COQ, Mithranderp
iajanus (1): Mithranderp, Zetsubou-san, Mithranderp
SKY COQ (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike
black_tangled (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike
Those On My Left (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike

Not Voting (1): bowmore

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 27th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 minutes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hey Colin, I'm trying to fix votefinder over here, can you handle Zetsubou's flip for me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q961dViRof4&feature=youtu.be&t=9m1s

:rip: RIP Zetsubou-san, SCUM :rip:

Bifauxnen fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 27, 2016

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Okay, the next one to get killed by scum is... Birdstrike. First Beet, then Birdstrike?

Oh, my bad. I thought we were still playing the alphabet game.

:rip: RIP Birdstrike, Town :rip:

D3 begins!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (7): black_tangled, bowmore, Gwynplaine, iajanus, Mithranderp, SKY COQ, Those On My Left

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 28th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 14 hours, 26 minutes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh, and Birdstrike, I never got a PM from you with a PR to stick on anybody. Now that you're dead maybe you'll have more time to think about it!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Shame that Zetsubou was scum because he was rocking that PR.

Why are graveyards so noisy?
Because of all the coffin!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Tragic, it is, to see such a talented JediPR-player fall to the darkside. His skills, legendary, were. To avoid his fate, the voting patterns around him, we must examine.

Mith, friendly and communicative, with Zets she was. Look beyond the obvious, young padawan, and see her being the one to see through his transparent attacks upon an old Jedi Master. Decide, you must, whether this was a moment of town inspiration, or a bussing born of scum. For me, the truth, cloudy, appears.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I was on another case, something about sly hooch, when the call came through. Birdy. They'd got Birdy. Maybe we got one back on them but that wasn't gonna bring him back. I bit through my coffin nail. It wasn't worth it. The punks must have known that would all but clear me and they didn't care. Dusted him like a bunt cake. It wasn't worth it.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I've been thinking a lot about MOTIVATION

And I've been wondering... my directorly instincts were right on the money!

When a vote was raised on Zets... what happened?

Iajanus voted Beet, confirmed town. Mith redirected to Bowmore.

Sky Coq joins in the fun on TOML....

Zets suggests Bowmore and myself would be a better bet (leading me to rule out Bowmore at this point in time)

Mith's been very active but I have one question - are you scum Mith?

Less scummy list:

Toml- for consistently voting for zets
Bowmore - for being suggested by Zets

Most scummy list:

Skycoq - for pushing TOML when Zets was looking like a lynch and trying to make a last minute save for Zets

SKY COQ posted:

Another great question is why are people voting for gifman

SKY COQ posted:

This guy literally hasn't posted since yesterday. Always lynch lurkers.

##vote Lurk More

Way to play it down the middle SkyCoq with a nice safe, lets kill the lurker play.

##vote skycoq

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9f6eYarltw

Throwing some serious side eye at everyone who voted for me on D1 in a now obvious attempt to split the vote on Zets.

As for everyone else, well, we are the champions WEEEE ARRRREE THE CHAAAAAAMPIONS

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

I feel pretty
Oh so pretty
That the city should give me its key
A committee should be organised to honour me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:zombie: A curse from beyond the grave will afflict SKY COQ today! :zombie:

Coq, your new PR for today is, you cannot use any words from this list below!

alignment
bandwagon
bus
deadline
ey yo it's ya boy
lynch
mafia
scum
town
vote (except when actually casting a valid vote)

This also applies while in a game!

(oh and TOML of course had his conspiracy theorist PR removed now)

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

ey yo it's ya boy

Bifauxnen posted:

ey yo it's ya boy

Bifauxnen posted:

ey yo it's ya boy

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
GUESS TOML AIN'T NO JABRONI

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:ghost:i am a vemgehul ghosf:ghost:

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

This QUIETNESS is like the CRAP before the STORM! Let's get active people, we can't beat scum by staying silent and playing drinking games! (and anyone who was MIA and happy to let that game carry us to deadline is EXTREMELY SUSPICIOUS in my eyes!)

TOML who do you think is le scum? This time, I want you to do the scene like you are Michael Jackson, and the propofol is just kicking in.

ACTION!

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

:ghost:i am a vemgehul ghosf:ghost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0_IH6SKU-k

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
no bt im not scum

as 4 my scum pix, #1 atm 4 me is bowmore

i thot we n33ded 6 votes last nite lol

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

bowmore posted:

GUESS TOML AIN'T NO JABRONI

Where the hell were you yesterday? I was and remain suss.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Mithranderp posted:

no bt im not scum

as 4 my scum pix, #1 atm 4 me is bowmore

i thot we n33ded 6 votes last nite lol

Even though Zets effectively fingerpointed at him?

I think this may even be a 2 player mafia team... so bussing someone that early seems really questionable and definitely unnecessary.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SKY COQ posted:

THE LEGEND IRON SHIEK SUFFERED A BLOW TO THE BELLY AND COULDN'T MUSTER MY COURAGE TO GET BACK IN THE RING EXCEPT FOR A SHORT BURST, SOMETIMES THE IRON SHIEK TAKES ON TOO MANY OPPONENTS AT ONCE

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

bowmore posted:

THE LEGEND IRON SHIEK SUFFERED A BLOW TO THE BELLY AND COULDN'T MUSTER MY COURAGE TO GET BACK IN THE RING EXCEPT FOR A SHORT BURST, SOMETIMES THE IRON SHIEK TAKES ON TOO MANY OPPONENTS AT ONCE

Any thoughts on the flip, or yesterday's voting patterns?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

black_tangled posted:

Even though Zets effectively fingerpointed at him?

I think this may even be a 2 player mafia team... so bussing someone that early seems really questionable and definitely unnecessary.

hmm i 4got abt tht

bt scm alwys liek 2 point @ their bros at least a lil bit

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

I agrwe ##vote sky choq

Re the flip, just re-read BS's history and noticed this little gem.

There is definitely something CRAP in the state of Denmark.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

coq was rly reluctnt 2 vote 4 zets

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Here is another example where Zets attempts to pair Bowmore and Toml together. The way I interpret the script TOML was misdirection for the vote on Zets.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bussing, I think, is unlikely in a game this small. At the people trying to derail the vote on Zets, we should look. Sky Coq, shady, certainly appears to me.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

black_tangled posted:

Here is another example where Zets attempts to pair Bowmore and Toml together. The way I interpret the script TOML was misdirection for the vote on Zets.

In that post, there are two quotes from bowmore http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760890&userid=213649#post455456877

Annndddd... ACTION!

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

SKY COQ posted:

Still going with that play huh?

Why were you suss on TOML?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

black_tangled posted:

Still going with that play huh?

Why were you suss on TOML?

Mostly because he miraculously survived a d1 push that had good momentum, then a mini-push on d2 based on that survival. Dude is Teflon.

I remain sketchy on lurk more and Mr Fewer Posts than Scottish Man. Suspect old mate death from above's late fingering on me was used as a misdirect. I didn't believe gifman was guilty of anything but having a difficult PR until his flip. I guess I couldn't read... Between the lines

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Teflon, I think, is going a bit hard. Apropos of nothing, yesterday's push on TOML, seemed to be. An attempt to derail a strong push on proven scum, It seemed likely to be. One's motivation, in that light, needs to be more clearly explored.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

SKY COQ posted:

Mostly because he miraculously survived a d1 push that had good momentum, then a mini-push on d2 based on that survival. Dude is Teflon.

I remain sketchy on lurk more and Mr Fewer Posts than Scottish Man. Suspect old mate death from above's late fingering on me was used as a misdirect. I didn't believe gifman was guilty of anything but having a difficult PR until his flip. I guess I couldn't read... Between the lines

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't know man, that just seems really soft logic given that we've had two nights now and you're still going on D1 "data". What about BS being NKed, as I mentioned, he voted for you? Anything seem weird about the way people are voting?

I agree Iajanus needs to :justpost: but it's super easy to just say, oh pick off the quiet ones. A super easy scum play. I believe it was Shakespeare who said "it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying CRAP".

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

TOML who do you think is le scum? This time, I want you to do the scene like you are Michael Jackson, and the propofol is just kicking in.

I'm workin haaaaaaaaaaard to make a livin', and as such am too busy to look into this right now but I am kinda suss on Mith and Sky Coq, but I will try to have a closer look at lunch.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Those On My Left posted:

I'm workin haaaaaaaaaaard to make a livin', and as such am too busy to look into this right now but I am kinda suss on Mith and Sky Coq, but I will try to have a closer look at lunch.

Always, it is imperative, to have a close look at your lunch. Otherwise, poo poo, you may eat.
:itwaspoo:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

iajanus posted:

Always, it is imperative, to have a close look at your lunch. Otherwise, poo poo, you may eat.
:itwaspoo:

jump the gently caress up

##vote iajanus

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Town this size, chances were there was only one other perp. Arguably, we could afford to be a little daring with who we strung up next, but there was also no rush. I'd think about it more when I got back to the office. This other case was nearly closed. I wanted to avoid my earlier mistake, so I locked in ##vote Sky Coq for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gwynplaine posted:

Town this size, chances were there was only one other perp. Arguably, we could afford to be a little daring with who we strung up next, but there was also no rush. I'd think about it more when I got back to the office. This other case was nearly closed. I wanted to avoid my earlier mistake, so I locked in ##vote Sky Coq for now.

As I walk through the valley where I harvest my grain
My fuckin scumdar goes off
Who do I see? Gwyn-fuckin-plaine

##vote Gwynplaine

• Locked thread