Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Ror posted:

xXx is a Rob Cohen film.

This or Babylon A. D., a movie that acronyms to BAD. Oh you may have forgotten this movie existed, like the rest of the world probably, but goddamn does it deserve some rightful recognition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I know they've been doing it a lot lately, but the Jim Ross impressions loving kill me every time! I love that it's gotten to the point that even Eric is doing them.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I would watch that Mark Duplass/January Jones/Stone Cold Steve Austin movie so hard.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Heard on WHM: "Watching steam coming out of a dog's rear end in a top hat and reconsidering my life choices up to that point. We've all been there."

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
FYI - They officially added a Witch Hunter class to 5th edition D&D when the movie came out. http://geekandsundry.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Witch-Hunter-Class-FINAL-4.2.pdf

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Mailbag was cool
I poo poo myself when blacking out after donating plasma and walking for almost an hour in high humidity heat.

LOL at the losers who poo poo themselves in non life threatening situations like invalids.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Re; making GBS threads yourself as an adult: still haven't, still happy

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Calaveron posted:

Whenever I fart, it's pretty much a 50/50 chance I might poo poo myself.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I would watch that Mark Duplass/January Jones/Stone Cold Steve Austin movie so hard.

For some reason the first time I heard the name I thought they said Mark Dacascos. Totally different movie, that.

Calaveron posted:

You're young, you'll get there.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Jose Oquendo posted:

I can't imagine what your diet or resting rear end in a top hat circumference is to achieve that, but impressive

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gyges posted:

For some reason the first time I heard the name I thought they said Mark Dacascos. Totally different movie, that.

You're young, you'll get there.

If it was Mark Dacascos it would have to be Silverio coming in at the end and they Capoeira fight to the "zoom zoom zoom" song

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Jose Oquendo posted:

This is a terrifying situation to live under. Is your diet Taco Bell and Olive oil?

I am in my late 30's and have never poo poo myself. My butthole is amazing.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

enigmahfc posted:

This is a terrifying situation to live under. Is your diet Taco Bell and Olive oil?

I am in my late 30's and have never poo poo myself. My butthole is amazing.

When Jose Oquendo gamble-farts, he plays to lose.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

LORD OF BUTT posted:

If it was Mark Dacascos it would have to be Silverio coming in at the end and they Capoeira fight to the "zoom zoom zoom" song

I love WHM Silverio so much

Now we BOTH have a machete LIBRARIAN!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I haven't actually seen Only the Strong and I intend to rectify that

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The one movie I always intend to watch but I never actually have is Pray for Death. I dunno why I keep putting it off because it sounds like a fantastic movie

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Poor Velma, she always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to re-designs.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That Shaggy can go straight back to hell, man

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I saw that picture over in PYF, and then saw they did new Scooby-Doo for AD. I'm disappointed that the pic wasn't how they were being drawn. I want to hear them complain about it for 30min.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Sleeveless posted:

Poor Velma, she always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to re-designs.

LIKE, WE WERE DOING PRETTY GOOD UNTIL DICKLESS HERE TURNED OFF THE CONTAINMENT UNIT, HUH SCOOB

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I liked the one guy talking about buying single issue comics but holding his nose at the other guy watching kids cartoons as a grownass man (to be fair I'd probably turn my nose up at BOTH OF 'EM). Wait I might be mixing nose analogies.
I also liked Paul Ryan's appearance.
It's nothing personal but I think it's impossible for me for some reason to keep track of their names (I might be racist about how white guy voices blend and switch identities for me sometimes when there's more than like three of them) or which one is which...Eric...and uh....Steve???? Spike??? I love 'em all though. I know their roles, not their names, like Stone Cold Steve Austin (or wait, I mean the Rock).

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 30, 2016

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
Andrew is the host/more "normal" sounding guy. Eric is the deeper, more quiet sounding voice, and Steven is the one with the voice that raises up higher and uses a lot of inflection, question mark?

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.
I thought the vending machine gag was pretty good, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzASbPRH9b8

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I liked the one guy talking about buying single issue comics but holding his nose at the other guy watching kids cartoons as a grownass man (to be fair I'd probably turn my nose up at BOTH OF 'EM). Wait I might be mixing nose analogies.

They both buy comics but one waits for trades.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
That show looks surprisingly good. Other than the Fred and Shaggy character models everything looks and sounds good. Even the jokes are good. I'm not going to start watching it or anything, but I'm shocked that they were able to turn that rotting corpse of a property into a reasonable show.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Internet Alias posted:

I thought the vending machine gag was pretty good, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzASbPRH9b8

I liked the puppet gag too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtsaRiOYPj8

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The last version of Scooby-Doo was Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated which was basically the Venture Bros only with actual Hanna-Barbera licensing and it was rad as heck. Scoob and the gang, among other things:
-Go to an abandoned underwater Nazi base and fight Nazi robots
-fight a zombie ska band
-team up with the Blue Falcon, which is played as a Frank Miller-style vigilante.
-meet Harlan Ellison, voiced by himself. Also an H.P. Lovecraft analog voiced by Jeffrey Combs
-visit the Black Lodge from Twin Peaks, complete with Michael J. Anderson having a role
-had Patrick Warburton in a recurring role as the town sheriff. At one point he summons some Cenobites by accident after solving a puzzle cube.
-Built a Cabin In The Woods-esque mythology out of the Hanna-Barbera formula of groups of teenagers with wacky mascots solving mysteries, which led to crossovers with everything from Jabberjaw to Funky Phantom and culminated in the series villain being the predecessor to Scooby-Doo, an owl voiced by Udo Kier.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

Andrew is the host/more "normal" sounding guy. Eric is the deeper, more quiet sounding voice, and Steven is the one with the voice that raises up higher and uses a lot of inflection, question mark?
Seriously, they don't even change lineups or have the guy who kind of sounds like Steve and Andrew's voices smushed together on anymore.

centaurtainment
Jun 16, 2015

Illinois Smith posted:

Seriously, they don't even change lineups or have the guy who kind of sounds like Steve and Andrew's voices smushed together on anymore.

RIPD Crabin.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

This get's brought up a lot and I just don't understand it. Their voices are completely distinguishable to me :shrug:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

The last version of Scooby-Doo was Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated which was basically the Venture Bros only with actual Hanna-Barbera licensing and it was rad as heck. Scoob and the gang, among other things:
-Go to an abandoned underwater Nazi base and fight Nazi robots
-fight a zombie ska band
-team up with the Blue Falcon, which is played as a Frank Miller-style vigilante.
-meet Harlan Ellison, voiced by himself. Also an H.P. Lovecraft analog voiced by Jeffrey Combs
-visit the Black Lodge from Twin Peaks, complete with Michael J. Anderson having a role
-had Patrick Warburton in a recurring role as the town sheriff. At one point he summons some Cenobites by accident after solving a puzzle cube.
-Built a Cabin In The Woods-esque mythology out of the Hanna-Barbera formula of groups of teenagers with wacky mascots solving mysteries, which led to crossovers with everything from Jabberjaw to Funky Phantom and culminated in the series villain being the predecessor to Scooby-Doo, an owl voiced by Udo Kier.

:stare: I...I think I might need to watch this...

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I remember on a lazy sunday I watched BIG TOP SCOOBY DOO on TV and being impressed

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Evil Mastermind posted:

:stare: I...I think I might need to watch this...

Also it has a ton of references to older Scooby-Doo shows, like Vincent Van Ghoul being a recurring character or the Hex Girls from one of the late-90s animated movies showing up. It's probably the only good thing to come out of the Scooby-Doo franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97AKy7mViBg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzTOQOdYKwY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Bjl2x1ZMw

centaurtainment
Jun 16, 2015

Ska is one of the most evil genres of music...

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Okay, I'd heard that Mystery Incorporated was kind of batshit when it was running.

Whoever told me it was batshit massively undersold that. :stare:

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
They also had an episode where the villain decided that a smoke machine and projector was too much work and just started pumping fear toxin into a library to make the gang trip balls.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Relistened to the Speed Racer episode. Holy poo poo is it an amazing episode and I need to watch the actual episode.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TheFallenEvincar posted:

That Shaggy can go straight back to hell, man

I'm not even sure "Steampunk Stoner" is a thing! You can keep it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm so glad the Scooby-Doo DC redesign image happened because it is my new barometer for "people who are too old for me to have a reasonable conversation with".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
yeah, I agree, that shaggy is really representative of hip current youth imagery through the eyes of a 48 year old ad executive or something

edit: which I guess was probably what the original shaggy was, which I guess means this one is technically perfect.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 31, 2016