Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TEAH SYAG posted:

Just starting Season 1. 3 episodes in and jesus christ, this main character guy is just destroying pussy left and right... Does he keep the pace up? :)

Yes.

Buckle in it gets even more insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

life is killing me posted:

A little early for that, wouldn't you say?

Hey man, they chose the date not me. Anything to do with April 1 I take with at least a small grain of salt.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Wait what they delayed it?

What the gently caress why

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Wait what they delayed it?

What the gently caress why

The squibs factory had to expand their production capacity.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pretty sure they have wrapped filming ages ago, right?

Anthony Starr was back in NZ recently.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
For a show that's only been on for 3 seasons, Banshee is loving dense, it feels like the show has been around for at least 50 episodes. I'm not sad to see it go out in a blaze of glory, and from the previews that's exactly what we'll be getting.

Strike Back I hear has similar action/pacing, from S2 on; c/d?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Confirmed, the only time it slows is when Scott is plowing some hottie.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Rocksicles posted:

Confirmed, the only time it slows is when Scott is plowing some hottie.

Which, to be fair, is literally every two episodes at least.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Strike Back also changes the setting to a new country three or four times a season to make it even more fast paced.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

GobiasIndustries posted:

For a show that's only been on for 3 seasons, Banshee is loving dense, it feels like the show has been around for at least 50 episodes. I'm not sad to see it go out in a blaze of glory, and from the previews that's exactly what we'll be getting.

Strike Back I hear has similar action/pacing, from S2 on; c/d?

Go watch Strike Back. Now.

You'll thank us later. Buddy.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Is there any point to watching the Richard Armitage season?
I'm like 3 episodes in and it's so painfully dull and generic.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Season 1 is where I keep stalling on the show too, it's so boring

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Deakul posted:

Is there any point to watching the Richard Armitage season?

Other than knowing who they're talking about in the first episode of the good strike back no.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jusupov posted:

Other than knowing who they're talking about in the first episode of the good strike back no.

Alrighty, skipping this crap then!

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Season 1 is where I keep stalling on the show too, it's so boring

I managed to get through that entire season somehow way back when the 2nd season of SB aired because I was curious how they were connected.

It seems they managed to make it both boring and implausible while actually trying to make it more plausible and realistic than the subsequent good seasons of SB ever were.

Like, in one scene Thorin Oakenshield is in some weird South African prison and defends a dude from a pretty huge prisoner, and that inevitable fight scene (and Armitage's subsequent win) seems implausible to me since the dude he fights has AT LEAST 100lbs on him.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Strike Back doesn't have much in common with Banshee other than incredible violence and sex. And even the violence is more Call of Duty pew pew poo poo rather than badass brutal fights with a RR hood ornament. Banshee has 10x the plot, acting and characterization, the violence is cooler and hell the girls are hotter. Strike Back is like watching one really long generic FPS video game cut scene.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Pron on VHS posted:

Strike Back doesn't have much in common with Banshee other than incredible violence and sex. And even the violence is more Call of Duty pew pew poo poo rather than badass brutal fights with a RR hood ornament. Banshee has 10x the plot, acting and characterization, the violence is cooler and hell the girls are hotter. Strike Back is like watching one really long generic FPS video game cut scene.

gently caress you. Them's fightin' words, buddy.

I'll grant you that SB and Banshee are very different shows, but you're really selling SB short. The plots in SB are still pretty good, with a few twists and turns that I didn't see coming the first time around. And it has a poo poo ton of laughs, something which Banshee is fairly short on.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I skipped the british season 1 and started with the Cinemax reboot, watched 2-3 seasons. I enjoyed it for sure, but it was the kind of TV you put on while playing a game on your iPhone. Yeah the heroes do lots of cool stuff with big black guns but I can't remember a single cool action scene or moment from the show whereas Banshee has like 6-10 amazing fight/action scenes that are hard to forget. You are right that it does have more comedy than Banshee though

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Doesn't Cinemax have another show from Greg Yaitanes coming this year? I will need something to replace Banshee.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Niwrad posted:

Doesn't Cinemax have another show from Greg Yaitanes coming this year? I will need something to replace Banshee.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2980696

set in the 70s

imdb apparently has it airing in february?

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 28, 2016

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Jusupov posted:

set in the 70s

If that's true, might be why Banshee's final season got pushed to April.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

life is killing me posted:

If that's true, might be why Banshee's final season got pushed to April.

I couldn't find anything official about that february air date sadly

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Kind of off-topic, but did any of you watch the pilot last night for WGN's Outsiders? I thought it was pretty decent, and WGN's put out some above-average dramas lately, including Manhattan. Appears they've moved on from endless sitcom reruns no one cares about. I'm surprised there's not a thread for Outsiders...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched it, but i think i fell asleep. Looks ok, but what kinda lingo are those mountain folk speaking?

Seemed a bit.....hokey. But i was really tired. I'll rewatch it.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

Jusupov posted:

set in the 70s

This show has been in development for YEARS now. I remember seeing a preview for it at least 2 years ago and then nothing since then.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Also, Yaitanes is only an EP on it, not the showrunner. :smith:

Cinemax does have another 2016 show in the pipe called Rain, about Keanu Reeves as an assassin, and that premise has led to extremely good poo poo recently.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Cinemax does have another 2016 show in the pipe called Rain, about Keanu Reeves as an assassin, and that premise has led to extremely good poo poo recently.

I'm predicting for the next few years that Keanu will just be banging out like 10-12 movies solely about him being a retired assassin thrust back into wet work because some dudes were dumb enough to kill his puppy/wife/son/daughter or destroy his property.

But man, that poor puppy in John Wick :( he didn't do anything to anyone

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Keanu !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiDbqWMe7OI

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Actually I'm pretty sure I heard that Yaitanes directed every episode of the show.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DivisionPost posted:

Actually I'm pretty sure I heard that Yaitanes directed every episode of the show.

Wiki's just crediting him as EP, but if he did, I'm incredibly excited.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DUDES

Did we know about this?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I did.

Pretty sure it was a free download

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Feb 20, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

I did.

Pretty sure it was a free download

I knew about the download, I never knew they printed physical books.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh, i had heard about it. But i don't buy paper books.

To be honest, i don't really buy the other format either...

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Can't wait till the pussydozer gets started up again.... April 1?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
And just like that, time has passed, and we're back next Friday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DivisionPost posted:

And just like that, time has passed, and we're back next Friday.

Awwwwww yisssssss.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rhyno posted:

Awwwwww yisssssss.

It's just in time for me; I'm either going to be thoroughly disappointed by Batman v Superman (THAT'S RIGHT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT IT IN HERE TOO, THERE IS NO ESCAPE) or thoroughly frustrated by the response to it, so I could use something that everyone agrees is amazing.

I mean Eliza Dushku is in it this year so there's probably going to be a lot of bitching about that, but otherwise...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, I'd let Eliza use me as a toilet so I really have no complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Rhyno posted:

I mean, I'd let Eliza use me as a toilet so I really have no complaints.

dude, gross

but also, same

• Locked thread