Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

So how is that "things are hosed up and bullshit" thread on reddit doing?

:eyepop: the next highest thread on the front page has 241 upvotes.

Lethality's meltdown continues

sorry about the worm turning on your exploitative cult, dumbass.

what specific thread it that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
EightAce where are you bro? Hope your should wasn't devoured by Sandi.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

D_Smart posted:

It my be my thread about what Gorf wrote. Its beautiful Derek but would benefit greatly from your personal touch :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42z63c/the_saga_of_star_marine_an_indepth_analysis_of/

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

hanales posted:

I'm worried about EightAce :(

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Stay safe CIG ghost

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ben 'Pac-Man' Lesnick.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Then I remembered that this thread and the goons in it are where they are because we've tried so loving hard for so loving long to get them to start thinking critically and rationally and they just flat out refuse to.

I tip my hat at the goons that do the compiling but more out of a desire to get this stuff comprehensively backed up and documented so that there is no memory holing than concern for anyone left at this point. Either they snap out of it or they don't. It didn't have to come to this but they got what they deserved, they gave Chris all this money and cheered when he promised them no further dates. Open development! And when goons call out the bullshit they jump on us? Look the other way and ignore the pedos and pervs in their midst as long as they are tithing to The Vision?

:sherman: Let god sort them out.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
kinda wanting to post a thread in the new recruits subforum of rsi asking if i should still back considering roberts contempt for backers

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

D_Smart posted:

They seem to be upset that their hugbox is imploding: About Star Marine [serious]

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's amazing how quickly things have soured. And here's the thing; CIG has nothing to stem the tide. No game, no progress, nothing to reveal. Even their marketing strategy (ONE loving TOKEN BE GRATEFUL YOU SHITS) is loving insulting at this point.

The thing Sandi forgot in her infinite business wisdom is that there are two resources that crowdfunding relies on. The first is money. This is the obvious one, the number that gets tossed about with every record. And while money is obviously important, it's easy to replenish. Backers typically have a significant amount of disposable income and every paycheck brings about a new opportunity to toss some cash towards a good thing.

The second is trust. It is not infinite. It does not replenish. And it is far more important. Trust is what makes a backer decide that they should spend those dollars on your game instead of some other distraction. Trust is what makes a backer tell their friends and get them interested. Trust is what makes them pay attention to your progress and stay engaged. Trust is what keeps you from facing chargebacks and demands for refunds.

Trust is what allows a backer to forgive you when you gently caress up.

Every joke about how frivolous Chris and Sandi have been in spending money pales in comparison to how they have hemorrhaged the trust of the people who funded them. They have relentlessly pursued funding at the expense of their own credibility and the faith of those who funded them. Whether it's LTI, the resale of "limited" ships, the endless delays and failed expectations, unmelting requiring real dollars, cutting promised features, or most recently Chris flat out insulting people asking about something he's hyped for literally years, all of this has a price. And Chris is not in a position to pay it any more. He has nothing to give. No progress, no reveals, nothing but a buggy technical demo and a litany of broken promises. He's hosed.

This is only going to get worse.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

lol CS has begun replying to my bogus claims! Keep the emails clogged, boys!

I've gotten a lot of refunds lately, we gotta make sure nobody else can get refunds due to the abuse

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

I've honestly considered setting up a blog for the Pro Tier participants here to do just that. Something slick, mobile-friendly, with easy subject tagging, timeline tools and other useful organizational tools that present and cross-reference data in easy-to-read ways.

I don't want to do it alone because I've got a family, hobbies and life outside of this and there's so much to unearth it would be another full time job. But there is so much intelligence buried in this thread and we all take for granted the Scam Citizen narrative as obviously true because, in the course of all the shitposts, photoshop jobs, funny videos, animated gifs and Sperg flame-ups, we've absorbed so much actual Intel that we can't help but see the macro disaster at work and the dishonest dealings that power CIG's money machine. As I wrote to Mirificus recently, there is so much gold buried in this and earlier threads, and it could easily be unearthed, separated from the dross, and made available online.

It seems to me in the public interest that we put our intelligence to good use-- whether journalistically, satirically, or otherwise-- for the sake of removing scales from the eyes of those blinded by the light of this incredible lie. I sometimes write effort posts like the aforementioned for this very reason, even though I do so expecting it will only reach a few people, if that. I believe it is morally good to shine light on corruption, to hold liars to account for their lies, to enlighten the deluded and suckered.

Derek Smart does this-- yet he does it in a self-serving way and his notorious reputation makes him so very easy for many to dismiss. He certainly has his own agenda and it's a self-interested one. When he says he wants to hold Chris and Sandi to account, you can't help but think he wants them to beg for mercy and profess their great sins of referring to him as a terrible developer and the rest. He deserves credit, ample credit, for what he has done and continues to do to expose the corruption. But the Star Citizen faithful have antibodies that immediately attack anything he says before it can reach their brains and change their minds. That is a hinderance and when he DOES break stories, the Gaming Media always frames their articles in another "Derek Smart Vs Chris & Sandi narrative" and, in the process, poisons the well.

The Gaming Media is cowardly, incurious, and driven largely to seek their short term economic reward of maximizing clicks and pop-ups and minimizing resource costs. They will sooner write 100 articles about "Check out these Fallout 4 mods that let you turn deathclaws into Randy Savage!" than one real piece of investigative journalism about Star Citizen. Even though it would be so, so easy because CIG's public record is bursting at the seams with smoking guns, mostly in the forms of their written or spoken statements.

I love this thread and like/respect a great many here and I'm certainly not seeking to take anything away from it by proposing this idea. I just think we often sit around waiting for someone -- a journalist, Derek Smart, whoever -- to say something about this mess. Then we delight in the convulsions produced and we hope (usually futilely) for the Gaming Media to act. Meanwhile, the great CIG fleecing machine lumbers on.

We know the truth. We have the data. We have distinct voices and often hilarious insights. Why don't we put it to use? Not for our own aggrandizement, not for advertising dollars, but simply because a great wrong is underway? If we can't stop it, we can at least document it for the sake of those likely to be harmed by it. It truly is a moral wrong. Whether or not the Gaming Press ever wakes up, we are awake. The dream is a nightmare, and if we can wake the sleepers with the unfortunate truth, shouldn't we?

If we find someone trustworthy and capable, I'd fund it. Using Wordpress, we can do great things.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Justin Tyme posted:

lol CS has begun replying to my bogus claims! Keep the emails clogged, boys!

I've gotten a lot of refunds lately, we gotta make sure nobody else can get refunds due to the abuse

Remember, they're required to read everything you post.

Everything.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42rsq8/about_star_marine_serious/cze6q1p

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42rsq8/about_star_marine_serious/cze8vvj?context=3

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42ut0u/star_marine_response/cze3x54

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

if this is the first and so far only misstep lethality better brace himself cuz poo poo will get real

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

I love that you linked Gorf's super great effortpost just straight into the thread. Someone who has no idea what this place is about is going to read his post, scroll down and go "Wait, soup? Why are they talking about soup?"

LOL!! Yeah, isn't that great? :)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

CashEnsign posted:

It my be my thread about what Gorf wrote. Its beautiful Derek but would benefit greatly from your personal touch :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42z63c/the_saga_of_star_marine_an_indepth_analysis_of/

I think I'm still shadowbanned (thanks to that rear end in a top hat Dolvak and his posse) and haven't even bothered to get that sorted because tbh, I don't even like Reddit; nor do I want to waste my time on those retarded Spergs.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

:shittypop:

this guy is pitiful

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

first suicide victim spotted

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

D_Smart posted:

I won't dare to post, but reading this thread is just so entertaining. Soon enough that sub will be filled with nothing but the most die hard of fans. Its sad, but the mods have let it grow to such a waste. Then again...Dolvak. What more needs to be said.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's amazing how quickly things have soured. And here's the thing; CIG has nothing to stem the tide. No game, no progress, nothing to reveal. Even their marketing strategy (ONE loving TOKEN BE GRATEFUL YOU SHITS) is loving insulting at this point.

The thing Sandi forgot in her infinite business wisdom is that there are two resources that crowdfunding relies on. The first is money. This is the obvious one, the number that gets tossed about with every record. And while money is obviously important, it's easy to replenish. Backers typically have a significant amount of disposable income and every paycheck brings about a new opportunity to toss some cash towards a good thing.

The second is trust. It is not infinite. It does not replenish. And it is far more important. Trust is what makes a backer decide that they should spend those dollars on your game instead of some other distraction. Trust is what makes a backer tell their friends and get them interested. Trust is what makes them pay attention to your progress and stay engaged. Trust is what keeps you from facing chargebacks and demands for refunds.

Every joke about how frivolous Chris and Sandi have been in spending money pales in comparison to how they have hemorrhaged the trust of the people who funded them. They have relentlessly pursued funding at the expense of their own credibility and the faith of those who funded them. Whether it's LTI, the resale of "limited" ships, the endless delays and failed expectations, unmelting requiring real dollars, cutting promised features, or most recently Chris flat out insulting people asking about something he's hyped for literally years, all of this has a price. And Chris is not in a position to pay it any more. He has nothing to give. No progress, no reveals, nothing but a buggy technical demo and a litany of broken promises. He's hosed.

Yes, he is. They are. Completely. We're watching The End unfold now. Remember when I said 2016 was going to be interesting? It's only January.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I was honestly expecting them to come out within the last 48 hours trying to stem this tide, and kinda shocked they haven't. But as you pointed out, they have nothing.

Yeah, it'll get worse. Just wait till after their "summit".

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

D_Smart posted:

Yes, he is. They are. Completely. We're watching The End unfold now. Remember when I said 2016 was going to be interesting? It's only January.

so, uh, what are you going to do once this is all over? are you bulking up to take on Tim Schafer or someone like that?

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.
Reddit is insignificant. Well now this really is a crazy topsy-turvy day.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Gilganixon posted:

so, uh, what are you going to do once this is all over? are you bulking up to take on Tim Schafer or someone like that?

refractory period bro

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

..."Chris didn't know". He literally types that out with no seconds thought of what that would mean. So Chris didn't know how the development of the game HE IS MAKING was going? Jesus Christ the disconnect.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gilganixon posted:

He's like the Omar of video games. Every time derek walks around all the game devs are gonna be like "Derek comin" and they'll flee like mice.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

..."Chris didn't know". He literally types that out with no seconds thought of what that would mean. So Chris didn't know how the development of the game HE IS MAKING was going? Jesus Christ the disconnect.

um he only knows what people told him. people who also didnt know. :tinfoil:

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Google Butt posted:

first suicide victim spotted

See you in the hearse, Commando

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

D_Smart posted:

If we find someone trustworthy and capable, I'd fund it. Using Wordpress, we can do great things.

Wordpress is amazing. And the entire reason V and myself started our thing was for very similar reasons. Consumers have a right to the truth. No matter how inconvenient.

Do your thing GORF. You're a strong writer, keep at it!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Solomonic posted:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Solomonic posted:

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.
Any word from our wo/man in the lion's den?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Gilganixon posted:

No. They didn't declare war on me. So I'll just to back to being me.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Solomonic posted:

Thread title, please.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Solomonic posted:

:boom:

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Solomonic posted:

Bury me with my .jpeg scarf.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

um he only knows what people told him. people who also didnt know. :tinfoil:

Man, maybe they could use some of that 107m to hire someone who does "know".

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm not laughing because I think it could actually happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Everybody knew, and were taking too much time thinking of trying to break it to the backers. Better still, it was they didn't want to break the news at all. Why was it that whenever anybody ever mentioned Star Marine, they'd get permabanned into oblivion, and anybody asked in the livestream, they just got annoyed and then permabanned the guy giving out the question?'

Chris Roberts was answering the question like we someone knew Star Marine was being dismantled and put into the PU. What the gently caress is going on? Putting on a stupid loving show and showcasing some small interviews with the people that actually work there is their idea of the most "openest development in the 'verse"?

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 28, 2016

• Locked thread