Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Chin posted:

But Sean Tracy said yesterday that a programmer solved all of the 1st person/3rd person Cryengine animation jank with a single line of code! Two months ago!

I guess it's a pretty big line of code if they can't fit it in 28GB patch.
Coke, not code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Check out our interview with Allie Coker from CitizenCon 2015!

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/272691/Allie_C

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Allie_C

Citizen profile gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IehITxsK4Fs&t=369s

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kakarot posted:

I better move my money from Star Citizen to Lego :tinfoil:

You obviously mean http://store.steampowered.com/app/32440/

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

EightAce posted:

I wrote a long post and then deleted it. Its turning into Custers last stand and I just don't want to get people in trouble . I have already said to much I reckon and if people get in the poo poo because of whats discussed here and the very obvious source then that is nothing but bad.
I can highlight some stuff in bullet points but nothing at Derek Smart level of excitement
- A couple of very public faces have left CIG UK right under everyone's noses. This may be out there already . You will know who if you check ATV and all that bollocks and then see who doesn't appear anymore. Not actual game developers just CS monkeys but significant none the less. The old adage poo poo rolls down hill is never so true when you are involved with CIG ... B4TBG email exchange is still causing fallout ... and all the wrong people are getting blamed
- I know what they are currently concentrating on , it is simply unbelievable . I cant say what it is for obvious reasons but it is up there with the farming module. talk about fiddling while Rome burns .....
- All the jobs being advertised are legit and they are getting really desperate now to fill those positions. However they just cant and Mr Smart's blogs are being cited as the reason. if anyone is interested they are paying above industry standard but you might only have the job for another 12 months at best.
- The whole animation system is simply hosed. You are looking at a team of very competent animators working flat out for a year or two to get anything working properly.
- Sq42 looks absolutely stunning (The space bits) FP stuff looks like a PS1 game and no one seems to give a poo poo. However it is not a game, there is no game play or direction. Nothing just amazing graphics in an editor. The whole thing is in a constant state of flux and a dev cycle that was already floundering is now totally FUBARED because the emperor himself is taking a hand in it personally. Some big news outlets have been in there recently doing all sorts of walk around's and interviews.
- All the hilarity and fallout from 10ftc, Starmarine being cancelled and the reddits etc have caused absolutely no concern whatsoever. Literally no one gives a gently caress. The attitude is , ' Its just noise let them have their fun we know better'. Chris in particular is totally detached from it all

The other stuff I cant talk about at the moment because it will be so obvious where its coming from

Well there went my nips. Hard as a diamond.

Always be careful dear sir, but thanks for what you could share.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Does it really surprise you that multiple people from the UK CS department quit after Sandi went over there to 'train' them? Sandi likely had another of her famous meltdowns when she discovered that the Brits are not much for shaving.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Staircase posted:

Haven't watched the latest RtV, but people seem really mad about G-Forces.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/315702/so-g-forces-will-not-effect-your-crew-wth
https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...on-these-issues

Is this another promise they're silently abandoning?

(I'm no artist)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
special thanks to sandi, who trained me, and absolutely did not make me write that, and was not at all instrumental in my firing.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Can someone give a good overview of the Beer situation? I read the email exchanges but wanna make sure I'm not missing anything

one dev said Beer would be getting a refund and then Sandi did something to prove the left hand didn't know the right was doing and this spread like wildfire

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

hey uk cs people, record one of sandi's tirades and upload it thanks in advance

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Google Butt posted:

hey uk cs people, record one of sandi's tirades and upload it thanks in advance
I think she's back in the US. She shared a photo of her and Ben recording the next ATV

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

You know people in this thread often call the Star Citizen dream impossible for technical reasons, but I don't think that's the case. There are no real intractable problems that I've seen so far that couldn't be overcome theoretically. I think the real issue is its organisationally impossible, especially for Roberts. Huge scope needs a huge diverse workforce which gets exponentially harder to manage with each new member. You have to find a ton of people who are really passionate about a lot of really different things and then harness them properly. The director has to be some kind of management genius and a borderline polymath (and probably sociopath) themselves. Keeping that many people inspired, herded, without treading on anyone else's toes, that's where it gets impossible. That's the reason why so many indies have delivered so many more space games in the mean time: the management overhead for tiny teams is far easier to overcome. The only way I think something with the scope of Star Citizen could work is if it were like Minecraft, totally supported for free by talented sperglords who spend their lives on their own transforming the original kernel to something else entirely and shifting the burden of resolving conflicts to the end user.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

lmao at all that time and money Chris spent on playing director for a year

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 2, 2016

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Re: SQ42 - Is anyone other than Chris 'Mocap' Roberts genuinely excited by the prospect of some digitised Honor Harrington tripe?

I personally know a backer who is not at all interested in the PU and Multiplayer , he simply wants some kind of WC sequel. He has invested ~1000 bucks on this Since 2012.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Ezekeel posted:

Does it really surprise you that multiple people from the UK CS department quit after Sandi went over there to 'train' them? Sandi likely had another of her famous meltdowns when she discovered that the Brits are not much for shaving.

I'm not sure what in my post give you the impression I was surprised.

BTW are you this Ezekeel? I assume you got a refund as the citizen profile is gone.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/38793/cig-must-not-offer-the-limited-ships-again-with-lti

That's a funny thread considering what's happened since.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/60883/does-the-cig-team-work-too-hard

Also funny.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

G0RF posted:

Fans selling Star Citizen inspired gear right under CIG's noses...

I wonder how long Sandi is going to turn a blind eye to this... She hasn't been able to figure out Supply OR Demand on the merch side of things since the word go. RtV is filled with episodes of CIG explaining why don't have certain merchandise, or why they have too much, or why they can't ship certain things, or why they haven't shipped other things that are long overdue.

Fans know CIG sucks at this bigtime and makes no apologies for it.

Yet if couple of backer fans come along and tap into the pent up demand Sandi has ignored, well, it's going to piss her off. Hugely. The more they sell, the worse she looks, and less merch money she gets. That will not be tolerated.

I expect a smack down on fan merch sales like this in the near term. If CIG doesn't actively protect their IP right now, it will no longer enjoy protections and then anybody could sell knockoffs, anywhere. Plus, it's parasitic to all the hard work she's done to build up brand equity. Since she's a Marketing Professional

My first thought when I read this post "Ohhh poo poo, the goons should totally make some horrible knockoff funny star citizen poo poo"

Then I realised that's terrible and immoral...... still would be funny though :shepspends:

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
SC is literally the Wounded Warrior Project of videogames.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Lowtax can we get a title change to "see you in the hearse, commando!" Thanks

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Glad to hear eightace escaped uneaten.

What is the mention of a email exchange about beer god about?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

It's the one where Sandi personally went nuts and proudly called herself a shrewd business woman among other things, I assume.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

It included this line.

"I am one of the best saleswomen in the world without a shadow of a doubt and always have been since I was a very small girl and I know a great product when I see it."

If that sounds like a fun read to you, I'm sure somebody has the image link.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I think Beer and Sandi were cybering and she started badmouthing her minions. Or something.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

SelenicMartian posted:

It's the one where Sandi personally went nuts and proudly called herself a shrewd business woman among other things, I assume.

One of the best business woman in the world and the most formally educated person at CIG

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I love all of you and I love this thread and also something awful isn't so bad

Daztek posted:

One of the best business woman in the world and the most formally educated person at CIG

Does she know kungfu??

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

KakerMix posted:

Does she know kungfu??

Yes, and all other martial arts

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

Does she know kungfu??

Yes. GunKata too http://resumes.actorsaccess.com/sandigardiner

quote:

Boxing, Kick Boxing, Martial Arts - Mixed, Motorcycle Riding - General, Shooting - Revolver/Automatic, Surfing, Yoga, Host, Improvisation, Licensed Driver, Motorcyclist, Piano, Teleprompter, Australian Accent, British - BBC English Accent

among others.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Daztek posted:

Yes, and all other martial arts
She can train a whale to martial but she can't teach herself marketing

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

AP posted:

I'm not sure what in my post give you the impression I was surprised.

BTW are you this Ezekeel? I assume you got a refund as the citizen profile is gone.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/38793/cig-must-not-offer-the-limited-ships-again-with-lti

That's a funny thread considering what's happened since.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/60883/does-the-cig-team-work-too-hard

Also funny.

Yes I got out in time. Sold most of my stuff for profit and got a refund for the rest once it became clear that this project is beyond hope.

Yeah these threads were the good old times. I really had hope for this project in the beginning but already end of 2013 it dawned to me that something was fishy especially with their bullshit marketing and I landed on Ben's shitlist for being a too vocal critic. Unfortunately they deleted my favorite thread in which I gave them a detailed list including links of all the contradictory poo poo and unfulfilled hype they told backers over the years. And being such a pain in the rear end earned me the badge of honor as one of the first persons receiving a perma ban for being a filthy toxic detractor.

That is the reason why I love this thread so much. I had really high hopes and these monkey hosed up beyond anything that seems possible and this thread has been the most cleansing cathartic experience. A heartfelt thanks to all contributors. Now I can look back at this mess with a smile instead of anger.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

AP posted:

It included this line.

"I am one of the best saleswomen in the world without a shadow of a doubt and always have been since I was a very small girl and I know a great product when I see it."

If that sounds like a fun read to you, I'm sure somebody has the image link.

Haha, that is one kooky, insecure dame

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Ezekeel posted:

Yes I got out in time. Sold most of my stuff for profit and got a refund for the rest once it became clear that this project is beyond hope.

Nice one, these stories always cheer me up. Tell us what you bought with the money you got back as I always find that funny too.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

The BBC English accent is the deadliest martial art on that list . How many conquered nations can testify to that .....

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Haha, that is one kooky, insecure dame

Full thing

AP fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jan 28, 2016

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

EightAce posted:

The BBC English accent is the deadliest martial art on that list . How many conquered nations can testify to that .....

What is she like irl? Do people mock her behind her back?

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

AP posted:

Nice one, these stories always cheer me up. Tell us what you bought with the money you got back as I always find that funny too.

Well, nothing yet really. I am not proud to say that the total of my space ship jpegs was around $2800 (yes, all of you have my permission to point your finger and laugh since I deserve that) and that will last me a while if I want to spend it all on games. Bought half a douzen of games for total <$30 on a Steam sale recently and that it is so far. Probably gonna save it up for the next hardware upgrade.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

KakerMix posted:

If I use the nick name that people call her then I may as well stick crosshairs on my forehead. Its not nice though .... but very funny

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Ezekeel posted:

Well, nothing yet really. I am not proud to say that the total of my space ship jpegs was around $2800 (yes, all of you have my permission to point your finger and laugh since I deserve that) and that will last me a while if I want to spend it all on games. Bought half a douzen of games for total <$30 on a Steam sale recently and that it is so far. Probably gonna save it up for the next hardware upgrade.

anyone who asked for a refund and most of all got it is an awesome one

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

KakerMix posted:

There is not a doubt in my mind she gets mocked and made fun of behind her back very harshly.

If you've ever worked in an office environment you'll know people with that kind of attitude get made fun of mercilessly.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ezekeel posted:

There are people posting in this thread that were in for more than that. You got out in time, the most you deserve is a hand waved in your general direction and a chuckle.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

EightAce posted:

If I use the nick name that people call her then I may as well stick crosshairs on my forehead. Its not nice though .... but very funny

We better get some good stories when this poo poo is all over with :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

EightAce posted:

do you own a ship ? are all employees mandated to buy a ship?

• Locked thread