Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey who you guys think my gf is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Podima posted:

:laffo:

WHAT THE HELL RARITY

I AM A MAFIA GOD

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheCog posted:

Also, on the vig. It was a good shot, but I'm not sure it was a town motivated shot. There's a lot scum gain by shutting down day 1 early, namely stopping any early discussion. The fact that there's a serial killer, and that the shot hit him, doesn't clear rarity. On the net, however, I can see it, a townie is more likely to take a reckless "lol whatever" shot like that.

The people who had to guess if "beast" meant town aligned however, could be significant. But I get the feeling imgay is just a huge troll, so I'll pass on making a judgement there.

Yeah, I don't deserve much town cred for that. I just did it cause it was loving hilarious.

I'm not going to pass judgement though. My PM says that I'm town aligned. If imgay had the same then he would know that beast aligned meant something different. The question should have been "is that scum or 3P?"

##vote imgay

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Met, why do you think there's another Beast aligned person out there when Kash died before he could seed?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Well that was a thing to wake up to.

Met are you sure your results are accurate? My role PM says nothing about being a Miller or anything like that.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Holy poo poo Rarity nice shot :hfive:

Jake you're wrong and I'm not sure why you're pushing me as scum. Am I the tootsie pop in that analogy? Which flavor? This is important.

Hm I didn't think about beast alignment being 3p. I assumed that was the scum alignment.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
:ghost:FUUUUUUUUUCK YOU RARITY :argh::ghost:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Met posted:

Hey guys. I'm Cop. Flying Leatherman in a Beast Aligned.

##vote Flying Leatherman

Nice try. I tracked you to Cog last night.

##vote Met

Whoever protected Cog, do not claim.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I don't deserve much town cred for that. I just did it cause it was loving hilarious.

I'm not going to pass judgement though. My PM says that I'm town aligned. If imgay had the same then he would know that beast aligned meant something different. The question should have been "is that scum or 3P?"

##vote imgay

Agree with this post, met/imgay scumteam at minimum. Maybe Jake or Anon as well. But met's definitely scum based on lying about his night action.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Mafia Edit: i shouldnt analyze when i just woke up

Met is def the first scum, imgay/jake/anon are possibilities for the second

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Met posted:

##vote Flying Leatherman

Also in retrospect this is very clearly a scum attempt to conceal the scum alignment name, cop reads would pretty typically come back as TOWN or NOT TOWN

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

##vote Met

that would also be a reasonable explanation as well, I suppose. Makes me think beast is definitely 3P.

##vote: Met

why would you do this to me met

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Flying Leatherman posted:

that would also be a reasonable explanation as well, I suppose. Makes me think beast is definitely 3P.

why would you do this to me met

i mean, other than being a scum

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Good enough for me!

##vote Met

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm an alignment cop. But whatever. We're one ahead right now and you guys know tomorrow's target. I don't know how to explain the tracker other than the fact I let Framers screw up the results of any investigative role, but you might have a fourth target in a couple days if the tracker claim is poo poo.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Weird owl has life all figured out

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Jake you're wrong and I'm not sure why you're pushing me as scum. Am I the tootsie pop in that analogy? Which flavor? This is important.

Hm I didn't think about beast alignment being 3p. I assumed that was the scum alignment.

This is a scum post.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

I am leery of any and all nightrole information, and you should be too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FilthIncarnate posted:

I am leery of any and all nightrole information, and you should be too.

Why are you leery of Podima's claim, specifically?

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Especially given what we already know about how alignment in this game is malleable, thanks to the Beast cardflip, I reiterate:

we should take night information with a huge grain of salt.

##vote: AnonymousNarcotics

Money where my mouth is.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Rarity posted:

Why are you leery of Podima's claim, specifically?

The claim appears genuine.

It's the tracking information I suspect.

I could be persuaded to lynch Met for information later today; for now, however,

this?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This is a scum post.

Right now my instincts tell me that Met and Podima could both be town with bad role information, but that AnonymousNarcotics is scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You're not very good at this, are you?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sorry, that was needlessly insulting.

There are a number of flaws in your reasoning. Firstly, scum PRs that mess with tracking information are non-existent so it's highly unlikely Tomm invented one for this game. Secondly, the chances of Met and Podima both being town and both having their investigations screwed by scum are ridiculously low - we're talking about 1% here (and yes, I did the calculations). Thirdly, if you believe Met's claim then lynching the town cop for information is a terrible, terrible idea. Luckily, it's far more likely that Met is scum who just got caught so lynching him is fine!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

FilthIncarnate posted:

Right now my instincts tell me that Met and Podima could both be town with bad role information, but that AnonymousNarcotics is scum.

So, what, you think there's some antitown role that just screws with night actions? Or do you think there are somehow two obfuscation roles (this is super unlikely)? Traditional anti-tracker/watcher role is a ninja and that wouldn't work the way that Pod described. Insane tracker + insane cop is something that no mod would ever put in a game.

If Met made a spurious claim, was tracked to a different dude, and nobody died, I'm willing to accept Occam's Razor here.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Met posted:

I'm an alignment cop. But whatever. We're one ahead right now and you guys know tomorrow's target. I don't know how to explain the tracker other than the fact I let Framers screw up the results of any investigative role, but you might have a fourth target in a couple days if the tracker claim is poo poo.

This is a resigned 'i got caught' scum post, because you know at least one other person (whoever protected Cog) can corroborate my results.

Flying Leatherman posted:

Well that was a thing to wake up to.

Met are you sure your results are accurate? My role PM says nothing about being a Miller or anything like that.

fwiw this is a pretty weak-rear end defense of being copped as scum tho

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why wouldn't my gf claim, this sucks

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Rarity posted:

You're not very good at this, are you?

You have hurt my feelings.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

I'll be patient.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote met

Sounded fishy to start with, but Pod's bit pretty much locks it in

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
I'm writing this post mostly as a summary to keep things straight for later. Since roles have become an important element of the discussion, I'm going to lead with a discussion of what I think is a likely distribution of roles. 11 player games usually have 3 mafia, or 2 mafia and one serial killer. I'm going to go with the assumption that there are two mafia, although this may later prove to be wrong. Rarity shot the serial killer, so that would suggest to me that there aren't any other serial killers.

The inclusion of serial killers however, also suggests the presence of a mafia role that can handle them, to wit, either a scum tracker or a scum cop of some variety. Its not out of the question for this role to be a scum day vigi, although it does place the game in an awkward situation, where the mafia can instantly win when there are only 5 players left. Again, not impossible, but my gut says it'd be a bad setup. (And it lets the mafia basically instantly win when there are 7 players left if there happen to be 3 mafia, which would give town all of... two days to lynch mafia, an unlikely situation)

Now town power roles, which I'm always weary of discussing, but given the sequence of claims, are important to discuss, in a game with 2 kp, and one of those kp being potentially a poisoner KP, I'd think town needs at least on KP absorbing role, one between medic, vet, bulletproof, bulletproof makes sense given the poisoner and day vigilante, both of which could potentially pierce that, but places the game in jeopardy if there aren't enough tools to deal with it, which would mean mafia needed either a roleblocker, or a day vigi. More likely is the presence of a medic. In fact, if I had to guess, I'd figure this is a 1 medic, 1 investigative role, 1 killing role, vs 2 mafia (1 goon, 1 power role), 1 sk setup. With some weirdness tossed in for good measure, I'm sure, but my gut tells me that's the gist of the setup, which from a balance perspective would make sense.

Met posted:

##vote Flying Leatherman

This claim could make sense, given the context, and my gut reaction on first reading it was "follow the cop!" But, beast aligned? That tells me one of two things, from a setup perspective:

1.) The game has a backup serial killer. Not impossible, but if so I expect the town to be flush with power roles, because that's *harsh*. Lines up with the seed power. Unlikely

2.) Flying Leatherman is either a miller, or got framed by a mafia power role, it might make sense, sure, but "beast" as opposed to mafia is a weird thing for the role to return. Really unlikely

3.) Met is an insane cop. Not impossible, but why would it be a direct alignment cop then? Unlikely.

4.) Met is lying. In that case why would he not word his claim differently? Seems like a major slip up not to say "not town", or something. Why go super specific and say beast? Its more likely a slipup than the other options however.

Podima posted:

##vote Met

A tracker fits the game more than a cop, given the presence of a serial killer, and this claim puts us in an easy situation, one of three things happened:

1.) Some unknown power role redirects people without telling them, both met and podima are telling the truth *and* I am either beast aligned or got framed to appear beast aligned (In which case there was an orgy of night actions surrounding me). This seems extremely unlikely. I give it sub 10% chance of happening.

2.) Podima is lying for some reason. Considering that it is a counter claim, and further a counterclaim that would rescue a third party, rather than mafia, this seems really unlikely, more likely than 1, but only marginally.

3.) Met is lying. His cop claim is weird, he has a basic justification of why he might check who he checked, but he was tracked somewhere different, for it to be true, one of 1 and 2 have to be true, and those are very unlikely. Then there's his weird post refusing to fight at all. Why give up when he was so willing to kick and scream when I was accusing him before? I feel like a real cop would try to get their target lynched to prove their identity. Weird semi-concession posts are more mafia leaning, trying to avoid giving up any more info than needed. Pretty sure this is what happened

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's -1 FYI

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why are people wasting time with AnonNarc? Lynching myself or Flying Leatherman is a much better path to finding out information.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##unvote Mmm hold up, something's fishy

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Opopanax posted:

Right?

This is all weird.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

I'm super uncomfortable with how fast things are moving and how readily people are accepting claims.

We're supposed to have enormous deadlines but we're blowing through things in a couple hours; I don't like it.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

FilthIncarnate posted:

I'm super uncomfortable with how fast things are moving and how readily people are accepting claims.

We're supposed to have enormous deadlines but we're blowing through things in a couple hours; I don't like it.

So are you proposing everyone is lying?

Or no one is lying?

Like, this situation seems weird, sure, what do you think is happening?

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Why is everyone so gung-ho about trying to figure out poo poo based on roles when it's a closed setup and there's already demonstrated weirdness?

I don't understand why we're all assuming that a game that had a mutating serial killer role designed to jump from one player to another is going to be cracked wide open by traditional rolecops or trackers.

Preview edit:

TheCog posted:

Like, this situation seems weird, sure, what do you think is happening?

I'm not sure, frankly.

I'll need time if I'm going to figure it out.

Which we have plenty of; why not use it?

I'll be gone for a while (work) but I'll try to check in this evening.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Admittedly I lucked out by picking an useful person to track. This was my rationale:

Met posted:

Long Day 1s are terrible. ##vote AnonymousNarcotics

Let's get this day rolling. Draw out the inactives.

Pushed a fast end to jokephase, and pushing a lurker lynch that early is pretty suspect. I've gotten called out for it in other games so this was a red flag.

TheCog posted:

Yawn.

##vote Met

Met posted:

Who are you?

##vote swag daddy aka G-Funk

TheCog posted:

This is the most generic "HEY GUYS! LOOK AT HOW TOWN I AM!" statement I've seen in a while.

Up there with voting for someone and then claiming you felt they were town all along really.

Cog called Met the hell out on d1, and this was Met's overly aggressive response:

Met posted:

Lynch me. I loving dare you to actually take actions rather than throwing out accusations and seeing if it'll stick with others before committing to a vote.

Met posted:

It's your first game here, Kid, and your first vote was accompanied by "Yawn" as if so nonchalant. You're a good vote for today and no one should give you the newbie's leeway.

This reads as trying to unnecessarily mafia dad-intimidate a newbie into dropping a lucky case.

I thought Cog's case was good enough for a n1 track and went with it. I mean I wasn't expecting Met to be dumb enough to immediately try to NK him, but here we are. :shrug:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That being said there's no need to rush into a turbo, we're very likely to still have at least 1 scum remaining after this that we need to find regardless.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Opopanax posted:

Please share your Opoptuition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Jeez, Pod. You afraid myself or Flying Leatherman are not going to be lynched today? One or the other will reveal the truth of my claim and we'll be able to move on.

• Locked thread