Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I really like the new single Sia wrote with Kanye: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeM0lzQhigg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Sia's demo for Making The Most Of The Night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF-z0U7DABk

And the Carly Rae Jepsen studio version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC9aceFjhd4

Thoughts?

I love Sia and all, but this is just not the right song for her. Carly kills it.

e: ^ that track is straight fire though

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 8, 2016

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

So I'm like 6 months late or whatever, but I only just got around to listening to Emotion, and holy gently caress is it ever good. I felt compelled to track down this thread just to post about it, and how confusing it is that none of this has been on the radio at all. Having skimmed the last few pages it seems I am not alone.

Run Away With Me, Emotion, Boy Problems, Making the Most of the Night, and LA Hallucinations are just mindbogglingly good, and I've basically been listening to them non-stop for three days. I loved I Really Like You when it dropped too, but to join the chorus, I have no idea how Run Away or Boy Problems wasn't the lead single.

DismemberedLemon
Jun 20, 2015

PittTheElder posted:

So I'm like 6 months late or whatever, but I only just got around to listening to Emotion, and holy gently caress is it ever good. I felt compelled to track down this thread just to post about it, and how confusing it is that none of this has been on the radio at all. Having skimmed the last few pages it seems I am not alone.

Run Away With Me, Emotion, Boy Problems, Making the Most of the Night, and LA Hallucinations are just mindbogglingly good, and I've basically been listening to them non-stop for three days. I loved I Really Like You when it dropped too, but to join the chorus, I have no idea how Run Away or Boy Problems wasn't the lead single.

Yeah, her marketing team is really poo poo

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

CortezFantastic posted:

hit up some CRJ, When I Needed Someone is a pretty drat good album closer

e: also I Didn't Just Come Here to Dance should've been main album and also a pretty good house track
Agreed on both counts, both are great tracks, I was surprised when I found out that the latter wasn't on the non-deluxe release

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

het posted:

Agreed on both counts, both are great tracks, I was surprised when I found out that the latter wasn't on the non-deluxe release

I'm always baffled when they put the best tracks as deluxe edition only. I get that they want to encourage people to spend more money on the deluxe edition, but what's the point when no one hears what could be an amazing single?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Are the Adele 25 special Target-only tracks any good? I tried to find them at the time of release and had no luck, then I got tired of the album pretty quickly and forgot about them.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZOPhHos4lM

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Catchy! I like.

Dunno if this is old:
https://twitter.com/DuncanFyfe/status/690956343059070977

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

If you don't know Zara Larsson check out some of her other stuff. She's doing really well in Europa i think.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

First time I heard this I knew it was doing to be top 20 song.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Zara Larsson is great! She sounds a lot like early Rihanna. Her song with MNEK is solid as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTyN-DB_v5M

This is fantastic.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Buller posted:

If you don't know Zara Larsson check out some of her other stuff. She's doing really well in Europa i think.

Yeah I had her queued up on Spotify all day. Thanks for helping me discover her.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Random recent pop song thoughts: "Sorry" surprisingly still hasn't gotten old for me, despite it playing 24/7 and me hearing it probably 1,000 times. It's just, like, A REAL GOOD POP SONG???

I want to rage-punch something everytime I hear that one lyric in that 21 Pilots song. YOU KNOW WHICH ONE.

Daya's voice is one of the most cloying things I've ever heard and her song is awful and features weird anti-women viewpoints.

I like that new band that one of the Jonas Bros is in. The one who isn't always grabbing his dick in pictures. "Cake By the Ocean" is a real dumb title but it was a fun, upbeat arrangement and great production.

"Here" is one of the coolest loving songs on the radio right now. It sounds like nothing else and there's this great sense of growing dread throughout the song. Witty, descriptive lyrics. The constant patter perfectly encapsulates the inner monologue of a girl who is getting more and more uncomfortable at a party. I really dig it. I'm interested in what this artist might do next. I have...no idea who it is? I just realized this.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Conrad_Birdie posted:

"Here" is one of the coolest loving songs on the radio right now. It sounds like nothing else and there's this great sense of growing dread throughout the song. Witty, descriptive lyrics. The constant patter perfectly encapsulates the inner monologue of a girl who is getting more and more uncomfortable at a party. I really dig it. I'm interested in what this artist might do next. I have...no idea who it is? I just realized this.

Alessia Cara, another song from her is Overdose, which is good but not as great as Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH_C9veaiTk

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I want to rage-punch something everytime I hear that one lyric in that 21 Pilots song. YOU KNOW WHICH ONE.

I just looked up the lyrics and holy hell there's a lot to choose from.

quote:

I wish I found some better sounds no one's ever heard,
I wish I had a better voice that sang some better words,
I wish I found some chords in an order that is new,
I wish I didn't have to rhyme every time I sang,

I was told when I get older all my fears would shrink,
But now I'm insecure and I care what people think.

My name's 'Blurryface' and I care what you think.

Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days,
When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.

We're stressed out.

Sometimes a certain smell will take me back to when I was young,
How come I'm never able to identify where it's coming from,
I'd make a candle out of it if I ever found it,
Try to sell it, never sell out of it, I'd probably only sell one,

It'd be to my brother, 'cause we have the same nose,
Same clothes homegrown a stone's throw from a creek we used to roam,
But it would remind us of when nothing really mattered,
Out of student loans and treehouse homes we all would take the latter.

We used to play pretend, give each other different names,
We would build a rocket ship and then we'd fly it far away,
Used to dream of outer space but now they're laughing at our face,
Saying, "Wake up, you need to make money."
Yo.

Yo.

Used to play pretend, used to play pretend, bunny
We used to play pretend, wake up, you need the money
Used to play pretend, used to play pretend, bunny
We used to play pretend, wake up, you need the money
Yo.

Alvarez IV
Aug 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
21 Pilots is trying to court the elusive adult baby audience. You can make a song about nostalgia, but you can't talk up how great early childhood was while complaining about paying bills. The former is targeted towards teenagers, the latter towards adults. That song does both and therefore neither. In addition, the music is to real depression what Linkin Park's sound is to fake depression.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I just looked up the lyrics and holy hell there's a lot to choose from.

They're all stupid but you can clearly tell how clever how they think they are for that line that doesn't rhyme.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I assume the worst line is either the Blurryface one or the WAKE UP YOU NEED DA MONEY one

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This month in KeshaWatch:

She posted a very lovely cover of Amazing Grace on the eve of her court date. The date got rescheduled due to weather, which sucks for the Kesha fans who traveled to support her, and sucks for her because she has to sit another month in music career limbo.

Also, as of the end of 2015, she's in a band called Yeast Infection. That link has them performing a loving dopeass rock version of Blow, a hoedown version of her part in Timber, and proof that Kesha should totally be a rockstar.

Remember: Kesha is awesome, and gently caress Dr Luke.

edit:

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I like that new band that one of the Jonas Bros is in. The one who isn't always grabbing his dick in pictures. "Cake By the Ocean" is a real dumb title but it was a fun, upbeat arrangement and great production.

I feel the story behind the title should be told:

"'Working on the record, these Swedish producers that we were working with, they kept confusing ’sex on the beach’ with ’cake by the ocean,’ so that’s how the song started,' Joe explained. 'Then, it became this kind of lyrically wacky song, and it kind of embodies the band. It’s funky, it’s fresh, I think it’s something that people can dance to.'"

I actually like the song more now after reading that.

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 28, 2016

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
You can download the new Rihanna album in MP3 or FLAC for free from Tidal. http://rihanna.tidal.com/redeem/?voucher=ANTI

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Alvarez IV posted:

21 Pilots is trying to court the elusive adult baby audience. You can make a song about nostalgia, but you can't talk up how great early childhood was while complaining about paying bills. The former is targeted towards teenagers, the latter towards adults. That song does both and therefore neither. In addition, the music is to real depression what Linkin Park's sound is to fake depression.

Someone should make a song about how much adulthood actually owns. I could have ice cream for dinner and play video games ALL DAY if I want to, even the ones with the big scary M on the cover.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ninjahedgehog posted:

Someone should make a song about how much adulthood actually owns.

It has been attempted. Sort of.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Athletic Footjob posted:

You can download the new Rihanna album in MP3 or FLAC for free from Tidal. http://rihanna.tidal.com/redeem/?voucher=ANTI

Did something happen between her and Kanye? I thought the album was supposed to have him as a main producer.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Lord Krangdar posted:

Did something happen between her and Kanye? I thought the album was supposed to have him as a main producer.
I think he dropped out of the project so he could work on his album.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

HorseRenoir posted:

I think he dropped out of the project so he could work on his album.

That makes sense. But the songs that they had already finished and released were also dropped from the album. Maybe just because they were so old by the time it finally was ready.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I can't imagine how anyone heard "Work" and decided it was acceptable to release.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I am so ready for Kesha to come back. I've been watching this case for a few years now I think.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This rihanna album is pretty loving good so far 3 songs in

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Never Ending (track10) Sounds a lot like Dido/Stan...

Love On The Brain sounds a lot like... something I can't put my finger on it yet. Classic riff - EDIT - Sleepwalking!

bows1 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 28, 2016

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah this rihanna album loses steam around the halfway point it seems. Its alright

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I've heard Rihanna's new album is good for three songs then rapidly goes to poo poo.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

the truth posted:

I've heard Rihanna's new album is good for three songs then rapidly goes to poo poo.

Yeah its a real snoozer after the 5th song.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Track 7, Needed Me, is super good. Although I think young Thug would be better over that beat then her.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I really like 21 Pilots. I pretty much like all of the singles they have released, and a lot of them are super diverse. I can definitely understand people not liking their style and how they present themselves, but I love the music.

(The official video for this one has a a minute of nothing before it so I just linked the audio)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCT8G5F99gg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nky4me4NP70
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktBMxkLUIwY

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm not saying Work is necessarily good but I've been bumping it for the past 24 hours. Drake verse is hella bad though

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

All this Ri talk but the new Sia album is out there and it is pretty loving fun. The Adele track is better than 85% of 25.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

The new Foxes album comes out February 5 and from what they've released so far it's basically Emotion 2.0. I've already pre-ordered it, I'm psyched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAerYplzZUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0HKRbZScSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO0CBzZopaY

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

That Body Talk song is rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Someone get me a picture of CRJ in that pink Frenchie wig, stat. She looks adorable.