Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Posty the emails D_Smart!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

fuzzknot posted:

. . . What.

And I thought the space scarves were ridiculous.
Imagine thousands of tiny space scarves on a 3D head and your framerate getting cut in half...

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Iglocska posted:

Weird, /r/dereksmart is pretty silent about this...

About what exactly?

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Doobie's House of Star Citizens: A Gamergate movie by Anieta Sarkeeseian.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Polish Avenger posted:

Do you see a killing blow anytime soon, metaphorically speaking? Basically, I'm talking about a point at which the damage you can do is enough to topple the whole thing and your moles inside will be safe from reprisal because it will be dead.

The "killing blow" is going to come from within, not from me or anyone outside the companies. And it's already in progress.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 28, 2016

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

If the news is, in fact, SG is leaving then they will spin it as "she got us all the money we need, she is leaving to pursue her own dreams... no longer SC, but Hollywood"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

AP posted:

Their track record is to remove evidence from the internet. parts of their website they remember to

They leave tons of evidence all over smaller parts of the site and older pages they just deleted the links to but still host.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Xaerael posted:

Lesnick is some kind of bizarre Ouroboros living in an impossible world where even though he can't touch his toes, he's constantly has his foot in his mouth.

"touch his toes" lol

he could barely make his right hand touch his left

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Apart from the Star Marine drama, the buggy mess of 2.1.1 and the incredible list of unfilled promises there's no real proof this is going to end anytime soon. I don't know what Derek knows to judge what effect it will have but the reddit Citizens don't trust him at all.

They'll be reading though and maybe quietly starting to consider selling their ships.

In truth, I don't care about them. Most of the true gamers - not the Shitizens - aren't on Reddit engaging in rage shitposting. No. They're on the sidelines taking a wait and see approach.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

ZenMaster posted:

If the news is, in fact, SG is leaving then they will spin it as "she got us all the money we need, she is leaving to pursue her own dreams... no longer SC, but Hollywood"

Honestly that would be great news for the game. That's like step 2 of getting this thing on track with step 1 being Chris Roberts leaving.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

D_Smart posted:

The "killing blow" is going to come from within, not from me or anyone. And it's already in progress.

Did you mean to say "not from me or anyone outside the company"? Because I can read this in two ways: either the killing blow comes from a person or group of persons inside the company (which would be awesome), or it will come from the natural result of the company's present direction (awesome but not as dramatic).

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

D_Smart posted:

About what exactly?

About all the recent bad news ;)

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Polish Avenger posted:

Honestly that would be great news for the game. That's like step 2 of getting this thing on track with step 1 being Chris Roberts leaving.
that ship has sailed commando

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/692720377076719617

Is that irritation I sense

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

more like Salti Gardiner

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

I'd post a witty reply on Twitter, but I can't find a 20 year old GlamourShot to use as my avatar.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Can someone who's smart on internet stuff give me a jpeg of the background on the CIG website? The grid over the starfield? I'm doing a dumb thing.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

I'd post a witty reply on Twitter, but I can't find a 20 year old GlamourShot to use as my avatar.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

wyoak posted:

that ship has sailed commando

this "commando" business is one of the best things that this thread has given us

and it has given us so much already

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

"It can't be that common if none of our backers have it" is presumably the follow up tweet.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

What is she even getting at?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Has anyone ever gotten them, on stream, to answer the question of whether SQ42 cutscenes will be skippable? I would love to see Chris Roberts (even better Sandi) answer that, but since his stuff tends to be prerecorded it would be an incredible long-shot. Seeing any of them have to acknowledge that question on a live stream would be enjoyable.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Argh she got me right in the irony. I'm down, help me commandos.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Furia posted:

I believe he'll actually distribute the blame to the backers. Or better yet, the people that started calling him out on this bullshit.

"I couldn't finish the game due to the mounting stress and pressure brought on to me by people saying I couldn't do it. They don't know what it's like to be working seven days a week with a dedicated dev team and staying up at night coding just to hear discouraging comments"

I'm also thinking he'll release the original game he had planned. You know, the 200k that he had in mind when this all started.

It would not be the first time. Back when AC launched, CR blamed the backers for the state of its release (gamespot interview).

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/e3-2014-star-citizen-stage-demo/2300-6419567/

Ignoring the fact that it was already 7 months delayed at this point, and the forum polls were all saying that CIG could take as much time as they wanted to finish it.

I don't think CIG was ready for the change in the backers, when they hit 100 million. Before that the backers would crow about how much money CIG has made and how successful the company was because of how much it has made. The party line was all about how could CIG fail with so much money, but now after 100 million you can see the shift. As that income has gone past 100 million, the enthusiasm has died down, and realization that CIG was not supposed to just make money, it was supposed to make a game. Backers are now looking at what CIG has released vs. how much money CIG have gotten. Its starting to be clear to them that something is not right.

Even the mantra of "CIG releases it when its done" is getting dropped. Its kind of hard to hold on to that belief when CIG proves you wrong time and time again, with each and ever major release being worse then the one that came before.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

D_Smart posted:

In truth, I don't care about them. Most of the true gamers - not the Shitizens - aren't on Reddit engaging in rage shitposting. No. They're on the sidelines taking a wait and see approach.

I'll admit I threw in early on and even enjoyed Arena Commander and the over all aesthetic the game had. But I spent a lot of time thinking "They really should be using a different engine and striving to make it more inclusive/streamlined to encourage growth instead of focusing on making it so exclusive it will have a small community pulling the cart.

Like if tomorrow some Doc Brown poo poo happened and Star Citizen was a gearbox game made using the Borderlands art style, hell even remove the PU for something more like GTA V or Borderlands Co-op, I'd feel like my pledge was money well spent because I know that gearbox can deliver something fun that I would waste a lot of time on.

I hate EVE for just being Space Ultima Online, but I appreciate the effort that the devs put in to it.

I love the Elite came out and proved what responsible devs could do with cloud funding, just wish I didn't catch myself hating how *blah* the ships look and how imprecise combat feels and how meandering that entire start of the game is.

And Evochron Mercenary always felt like someone just tried to make Freelancer in Freespace's engine.

gently caress it, I'm gonna mess around in Elite some more when I get home today. I'm gonna make myself like it and thank whatever kind god let me sell my pledge on the grey market at a profit

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Open Letter to Redditors/Shitizens that are not pedos and/or insane:

You can't see it now, but you will someday soon, the forest around you is burning and all that is left is the untouched oasis in the middle that is your dream of Star Citizen. That too will soon burn, you can already smell the smoke. But it's okay.
When you're able to think clearly, leave the lovely toxic community behind and either never look back or come here to us. We will jokingly mock you for a while, you'll post badly, get probated and amass a neat little rapsheet and provided you are not a horrible person you will start be accepted or you will get banned. You will find a community of extremely diverse retards that will absolutely call you out on your poo poo or praise you if you are doing good and you will in most cases be a better person for it, but i can almost guarantee you that staying on the star citizen reddit will leave you loving broken.

The very nature of reddit drives every forum to be a echochamber hugbox filled with the most toxic and spicy extremist hivemind opinion possible where any sane or challenging thought is quickly sweeped under the rug, be it gaming, culture, politics, sports, no matter what. The single goal of these places you call home is to brainwash you, and the community you call home is gonna erupt in a bad way very soon, don't be there when that happens. Cause that hivemind opinion is very soon gonna be one of immense rage turned inward and a grand witch hunt, nothing positive will come of it.

Citizen.

Escape.

The forest is burning.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hitler Bunker Scene.

In the end Ady shot his wife Eva and then himself. Maybe someone should call CPS and get the Roberts kids out of there before poo poo hits the fan. 'Mommy, why is daddy spilling gasoline all over the furniture?'

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ezekeel posted:

In the end Ady shot his wife Eva and then himself. Maybe someone should call CPS and get the Roberts kids out of there before poo poo hits the fan. 'Mommy, why is daddy spilling gasoline all over the furniture?'

Nope.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why doesn't uncle Derek just pay Ace $100,000 to quit and give us all the dirt? It's like 1/3 of what he spends on go nowhere lawsuits every year.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ezekeel posted:

:dogbutton:

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
I don't think i have ever refreshed a page so much.
This is getting me more than Game of Thrones

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EightAce posted:

If I use the nick name that people call her then I may as well stick crosshairs on my forehead. Its not nice though .... but very funny

You're a bigger tease than even Derek. And Derek pays me to say that of him (and to troll and send fake support requests, of course).

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

lol

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TTerrible posted:

There is no way Chris will apologise or take responsibility for any of this.

At all. That would be

1) Admitting failure and the squandering of a $106M+ blank check gamers gave him

2) Admitting "that rear end-clown Derek Smart was right"

Larz
Jul 29, 2011

Ash1138 posted:

There will be no apologies. Nothing they have said even remotely suggests that they will apologize for anything.

They will blame Derek Smart, goons, leavers/quitters, etc. for their failure if they officially say anything at all.

This is how the CEO of a video game company should handle screwing up. I've not been a fan of Arcen's games since AI War, but have always had a lot of respect for them. I know this doesn't really compare to CIG, but this blog post contains everything we will never see from Roberts. Financials laid out, respect for his employees and customers and taking the blame for making mistakes.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The funniest, or saddest part, of all this is when the game is finally sunk, there will be no private servers. So your autism chariots won't even be yours to play with anymore , just .jpgs, oh wait...

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

spacetoaster posted:

Can someone who's smart on internet stuff give me a jpeg of the background on the CIG website? The grid over the starfield? I'm doing a dumb thing.

This?

I tried deleting elements with the browser's developer mode; it appears the grid is dynamically overlayed.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Good lord guys, I'm sure today's ATV will address all these concerns in an open and transparent fashion. Or they'll probably talk about clothing.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

redwalrus posted:

Just a reminder that in a few days it will be February 2016.

Tell me more about Teledildonics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

Did you mean to say "not from me or anyone outside the company"? Because I can read this in two ways: either the killing blow comes from a person or group of persons inside the company (which would be awesome), or it will come from the natural result of the company's present direction (awesome but not as dramatic).

Yeah. I corrected that already.

• Locked thread