Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Making it Rain posted:

That's pretty much what i'm thinking. Except i think they've made a boo boo with that Squadron 42 and it's not going to resemble what they have marketed it to be.

also the PU in it's current form is what you see is what you get cause they're isn't any more.

I figured it out.

S42 will be the intro movie to the PU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Just keep in mind that it is poo poo, but just the kind of poo poo that amuses me more than it probably should

I'm aware. Mostly I want to just be a bad and dumb Pgabz clone. I won't feel I've truly lived a life worth living until I get to sail the stars with other commandos.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

XK posted:

This?

I tried deleting elements with the browser's developer mode; it appears the grid is dynamically overlayed.

Thanks! I'll make it work.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

D_Smart posted:

They greet you, and ask you in.

Then promptly knock you out, and toss you in the closet, just for shits 'n giggles.

And go make tea. And offer you some. As if nothing happened.

You're sitting there, still slightly stunned - drinking tea. And wondering just how hosed up the new residents are. Just like the old ones.

I think you should post in GBS when you're done here, just to keep your hand in. It's less of a slurry than you probably remember. This thread is the most GBS of Games threads so if you can handle this you'll probably enjoy it there.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Video footage of the Star Citizen Dev process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDY5wLayYU0

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Gilganixon posted:

I think you should post in GBS when you're done here, just to keep your hand in. It's less of a slurry than you probably remember. This thread is the most GBS of Games threads so if you can handle this you'll probably enjoy it there.

Actually I read it from time to time; but never perked up the courage to go down that Rabbit hole. Especially not when this thread can go from 0 to 1000+ posts within the span of one coffee break or compiler/link cycle.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Ezekeel posted:

In the end Ady shot his wife Eva and then himself. Maybe someone should call CPS and get the Roberts kids out of there before poo poo hits the fan. 'Mommy, why is daddy spilling gasoline all over the furniture?'

Or a text "The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open." to Ben

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this thread is a pure distillation of GBS minus the racism

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

bumbles posted:

I am erect

I'm more slouched. It's the one true posture for proper perverse and hedonistic act of taking pleasure in this kind of spectacle and carnage.

Baller Time posted:

I hope the big thing is something about Feds/IRS getting involved, because as soon as that happens it would be like a signal shot for journalists and publications to properly start reporting about this mess.

Before someone else claims it first, I'm going to put in my guess for the omg-omg-what-idiot-decided-this-we're-all-gonna-die reason things will fall apart:

Someone high up cheaped out or otherwise “forgot” to acquire commercial and/or developer licenses for key pieces of software in the backbone and asset pipelines (hey, all those artists means lots of licenses — do you know how many trips to Cannes that will buy you?), and all graphical assets — textures, models, motion data — from before December 2015 have been tainted and cannot be legally used in a commercial product. What effectively amounts to mass-piracy has happened across international and trade-agreement borders, making it a WIPO issue.

It doesn't fit with anything and I doubt it's even possible for it to actually be that bad, but it would be so hilarious that I can't help but pick it as my favourite extinction-level event. :D

Tippis fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 28, 2016

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
This thread is consistently more entertaining than about 90% of GBS threads. It's also completely impossible to keep up with if you can't refresh constantly.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Ezekeel posted:

'Mommy, why is daddy spilling gasoline all over the furniture?'

Insurance claim against the recently installed restoration hardware furniture?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Larz posted:

This is how the CEO of a video game company should handle screwing up. I've not been a fan of Arcen's games since AI War, but have always had a lot of respect for them. I know this doesn't really compare to CIG, but this blog post contains everything we will never see from Roberts. Financials laid out, respect for his employees and customers and taking the blame for making mistakes.
drat, that's pretty soulcrushing, though they did release some games this century so that guy has way more cred than CRobbers.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
mostly because there's a gently caress load of posts in this thread that don't really say much of anything but exist anyway, like this post is just me saying "ben lesnick is fat" and yet here it is, existing.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
GBS stopped being good in 2004, so I wouldn't bother. There, I said it.

Sorry to read this about Arcen - fair play to their approach I guess, but goddamn that must be soul crushing to write. Especially just after a release of what by all accounts is a decent title that ought to have put a little bread on the table.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Liu posted:

mostly because there's a gently caress load of posts in this thread that don't really say much of anything but exist anyway, like this post is just me saying "ben lesnick is fat" and yet here it is, existing.

Another beautiful metaphor for SA. Keep 'em coming.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Liu posted:

I keep wanting to start following along with this thread but every time I look there's like 4000+ unread posts and even if most of those are white noise that it a ton of shitizen drama to keep up with.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

So people are bailing on CIG so much that they have a derogatory "Leavers" name for them? LOL

Those darn leavers!

My least favorite nicktoons: The Angry Leavers

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Tippis posted:

I'm more slouched. It's the one true posture for proper perverse and hedonistic act of taking pleasure in this kind of spectacle and carnage.

Before someone else claims it first, I'm going to put in my guess for the omg-omg-what-idiot-decided-this-we're-all-gonna-die reason things will fall apart before someone else picks it first:

Someone high up cheaped out or otherwise “forgot” to acquire commercial and/or developer licenses for key pieces of software in the backbone and asset pipelines (hey, all those artists means lots of licenses — do you know how many trips to Cannes that will buy you?), and all graphical assets — textures, models, motion data — from before December 2015 have been tainted and cannot be legally used in a commercial product. What effectively amounts to mass-piracy has happened across international and trade-agreement borders, making it a WIPO issue.

It doesn't fit with anything and I doubt it's even possible for it to actually be that bad, but it would be so hilarious that I can't help but pick it as my favourite extinction-level event. :D
I like this guess just for the sheer irony of it all. It's the Jurassic Park "spared no expense except for the IT guy so he was easily bribed by a competitor and caused it all to come crashing down" type of situation.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Friendly Tumour posted:

drat dude, you sound p mad. buttsalt assmad much? hahaha

anywa :agreed:

I have to know what that avatar is... I must

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

XK posted:

Has anyone ever gotten them, on stream, to answer the question of whether SQ42 cutscenes will be skippable? I would love to see Chris Roberts (even better Sandi) answer that, but since his stuff tends to be prerecorded it would be an incredible long-shot. Seeing any of them have to acknowledge that question on a live stream would be enjoyable.

Yeah, they will be skippable. Here is a demonstartaion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPdX8M8LO8Q

(I've wasted like 20 mins of my life on this)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Eonwe posted:

this thread is a pure distillation of GBS minus the racism

Racism in GBS will get you banned these days, you really have to go to FYAD to get away with that

Pendent posted:

This thread is consistently more entertaining than about 90% of GBS threads. It's also completely impossible to keep up with if you can't refresh constantly.

if 10% of GBS threads are good i'll eat my concierge card. Most threads are hot garbage but the good ones can be very good.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Iglocska posted:

Yeah, they will be skippable. Here is a demonstartaion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPdX8M8LO8Q

(I've wasted like 20 mins of my life on this)

Those are the end credits of Contact, right?

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Polish Avenger posted:

Those are the end credits of Contact, right?

Yup, first one that came up on youtube :p

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

fuctifino posted:

It's from a couple of days ago, but made me lol

this is one of the many reason why i enjoy making a huge issue about his gross physical proportions. he loving deserves it, and i am absolutely unwilling to devote more than the minimal effort to do so.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I don't watch their dumb shows. What time is AtV? I'll watch it today. Is it live?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

spacetoaster posted:

I don't watch their dumb shows. What time is AtV? I'll watch it today. Is it live?

its at 2:00 ET. yea its live.

I think we should spam questions about skipping cut-scenes.

Also I'm pretty sure it's tomorrow?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

D_Smart posted:

The "killing blow" is going to come from within, not from me or anyone outside the companies. And it's already in progress.

The best part is that this comment is liable to set off a witch hunt that only hastens the inevitable with absolutely zero action on the part of Derek or anyone else.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

LuiCypher posted:

The best part is that this comment is liable to set off a witch hunt that only hastens the inevitable with absolutely zero action on the part of Derek or anyone else.

Which may cause some gamergate level stupidity and people being investigated and getting death threats sent to them by angry neckbeards on twitter and reddit, so people might not feel like speaking up.

But the damage will have been done already. Whatever happens, however it happens, it won't be nice and it won't be good, not with the damage this whole fiasco is gonna cause to everyone. But it'll be beautiful. And we will be here, watching.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
heh

https://twitter.com/blackparrot89/status/692759651524481026

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Skellybones posted:

Tell me more about Teledildonics

same

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Prawned posted:

Doobie's House of Star Citizens: A Gamergate movie by Anieta Sarkeeseian.

Sponsored by p-p-p-p-p-p-powerbook

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

LuiCypher posted:

they already hired a private investigator a while ago, not a joke.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

wow, so close to self-awareness

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

its at 2:00 ET. yea its live.

I think we should spam questions about skipping cut-scenes.

Also I'm pretty sure it's tomorrow?

No, today @ 3 EST. You thinking of RTV?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/315260/comm-link-schedule-january-25th-2016

Unless I'm crazy, given how my work week has been I'm not sure what day it is anymore.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

peter gabriel posted:

Well I for one am a very happy backer and I feel that I have already gotten more than I could ever have dreamed of :D

While you are joking, I think you aren't and I agree. I would pay 35 bucks to tool around and ram people and see such wondrous bugs.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Has anyone thought of sending CR an SA accout and a link here ?

Or would that just be too good ?

Its been too long since I have seen a Gorgeous George esk forums melt down.

Foul Ole Ron fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 28, 2016

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Colostomy Bag posted:

No, today @ 3 EST. You thinking of RTV?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/315260/comm-link-schedule-january-25th-2016

Unless I'm crazy, given how my work week has been I'm not sure what day it is anymore.

my bad, thought he said RtV

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Didn't they just say a week or two ago they were going to be changing operations to focus on consistent regular updates to demonstrate progress? Then they missed the very next update, and now this. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Has anyone thought of sending CR an SA accout and a link here ?

Or would that just be too good ?

Its been too long since I have seen a Gorgeous George esk forums melt down.

He's too busy writing code to come talk to us.

• Locked thread