Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Remember the 1/100 Ex-S Deep Striker ACES has been going nuts over?

It has a very big gun.

I KNOW! IT'S GREAT!

...mine's still in chicago. :smith:

Edit: Also, the image set that's from, funnily enough, is from a team of 4 guys, who've been building it over the last 6 days. They still haven't finished it yet. This is gonna take a year, isn't it?

Edit 2: Oh, wait, there's some new ones there, looks like they did finish it now, nvm.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
These guys put up a bunch of pictures of their build if you want to see how silly it is.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
This's looking real nice, but I still hate the dog-dick cannons:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bimmi posted:

dog-dick cannons:

huh?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The guns that pop out of the wings sprout a bunch of flaps and bumps.

Ask your girlfriend about the dog dick part.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Don't brag to your Gunpla about your circumscision.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'll just pose the guns without bringing out all the flaps and bumbs and stuff. No big deal to me. Kit's looking nice.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Midjack posted:

The guns that pop out of the wings sprout a bunch of flaps and bumps.

Ask your girlfriend about the dog dick part.

I don't get it. Please explain what happened in your brain when you saw that model and went straight to dog dick

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Can we just talk about cool Gunpla and not Midjack's dog dick fascination please?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

Can we just talk about cool Gunpla and not Midjack's dog dick fascination please?

I agree. And is it just me, or do the fold out guns seem super bland? Maybe they'll look a bit better with panel lining and decals and stuff but they just seem to be a sea of white in that shot.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Monaghan posted:

I'll just pose the guns without bringing out all the flaps and bumbs and stuff.

Basically what i'm going to do.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 28, 2016

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Build it, then toss it into a box and weld the lock shut. It will exist is a quantum super position of having and not having the flappy things deployed.

Schroedinger's Gunpla.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The 1/144 Gusion Rebake is giving me a feeling so complicated. I like to keep my kits at the same scale (in order to save on shelf space as well as for aesthetics), and have been planning on going for IBO 1/144 rather than 1/100 because of the more diverse range of suits and accessories. The Rebake is a wonderful design that looks ideally suited to benefit from all those customisation options (as the linked review amply shows), but the HG looks to be sticker hell, and the 1/100 Gusion looks like an exquisite piece of engineering capable of opening and closing its visor among other incredibly cool gimmicks. It's the only suit so far that looks like it's massively improved as a 1/100, and the dramatic falloff in extra customisation options still sucks, but what an improvement.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

The 1/144 Gusion Rebake is giving me a feeling so complicated. I like to keep my kits at the same scale (in order to save on shelf space as well as for aesthetics), and have been planning on going for IBO 1/144 rather than 1/100 because of the more diverse range of suits and accessories. The Rebake is a wonderful design that looks ideally suited to benefit from all those customisation options (as the linked review amply shows), but the HG looks to be sticker hell, and the 1/100 Gusion looks like an exquisite piece of engineering capable of opening and closing its visor among other incredibly cool gimmicks. It's the only suit so far that looks like it's massively improved as a 1/100, and the dramatic falloff in extra customisation options still sucks, but what an improvement.

Join the "1/100 if possible" club. We've got all sorts of cool kits the lame HGUC and HG kids don't, like the Dijeh, Zaku Cannon, Nightingale, Turn X, G-Fighter, RX-78-3, Tallgeese, Red Frame Kai, and we have the best kits for designs like the Sazabi, Nu, Gundam Wing mechs, Gundam X, and more.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Gundam Breaker 3 continues the series' legacy of absolutely amazing trailers.

Also MG Core Booster finally arrived. If MG 2nd V doesn't get announced I am so hosed. :negative:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

Also MG Core Booster finally arrived. If MG 2nd V doesn't get announced I am so hosed. :negative:

Gundam Breaker 3 is a must buy for me. Being able to resize/reposition parts is an amazing addition to the customization options, not to mention being able to use cosmetic add-ons like wing binders or the shoulders from other MSs.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
How do you deal with an emotion manipulator that refuses to stay inside the hand? The hand flops out if you put any weight on it. I think the polycap that's supposed to hold the hand in the problem, as something's preventing the hand from locking in.

I was going to dab just a little bit of glue (plastic cement) on the manipulator's ball connector, then insert it into the slot.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Ah, yes, the Platonic form of the Gundam head:

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

BlitzBlast posted:

Jesus christ I NEED THIS GAME.

The chances of it coming out in the US are single-digit percents, huh..? :smith:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Electric Lady posted:

Jesus christ I NEED THIS GAME.

The chances of it coming out in the US are single-digit percents, huh..? :smith:

If by single digit you mean zero, then yes. Suck up that import pricing.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Yes, zero is a single digit. :smithicide:

....is the Vita region-free?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Well there is a Gundam Vs game coming stateside for the Vita, but I now wish it was this game instead. I think Vita is region free, but would I need to have a JP account in order to play it?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I dont know, a lot of what I heard about the Vita VS is that it's pretty terrible. :(

You can always get Full Boost for PS3, no region locking. Both have got to be pretty cheap at this point

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yes, Vita is region free. You don't need a Japan PSN account to play but you can't get DLC without one. Most of the content in previous GBs has come through updates, which are also region free. DLC has so far just been things that are obtainable (albeit rare) in game.

The new VS Force game is getting panned they are adding a vs mode but it is just missions and no online multi-player so far. I don't know what the hell either.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

closeted republican posted:

How do you deal with an emotion manipulator that refuses to stay inside the hand? The hand flops out if you put any weight on it. I think the polycap that's supposed to hold the hand in the problem, as something's preventing the hand from locking in.

I was going to dab just a little bit of glue (plastic cement) on the manipulator's ball connector, then insert it into the slot.

If you cannot replace the polycap, then try adding more volume to the wrost joint with either sandable CA glue or coating it with clear enamel gloss. Although if the problem is holding onto weight I fear that it won't do much to help stabilize a pose.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb

Darth Walrus posted:

Gundam Planet's listing for the 1/100 Gusion says it comes with the Rebake parts, but that could just be component pedantry.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lock Knight posted:

Gundam Planet's listing for the 1/100 Gusion says it comes with the Rebake parts, but that could just be component pedantry.

That would be rad as hell if they did it but I'm going to need to hear that from somewhere else before I let myself believe.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It's also how it's listen on HLJ, apparently. And prior to the listing being renamed, it was just 1/100 Gusion.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lock Knight posted:

That is why I was singing its praises, yes. Take a look at the second link in my post.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone here built the mg delta plus? I'm about halfway through and there are a couple parts that seems kinda lazy. They are barely held on by friction. They aren't parts that need to move to transform or move at all. I had to glue them to stop them from falling off. I have never had to do that on any mg in last 10 years.

So far the worst are the thrusters on the shoulders and the cuffs between the forearm and hands.

I have also noticed that the plastic shows marks really easily. It's really hard to polish out the marks left from cutting compared to plastics from other more recently made kits. Was there some sort of quality control issue in that time period? Is this actually a rerelease or something?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Finally, my Hi Nu HWS is complete! :toot:

It only took almost two years from ordering the HWS set! :shepicide:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Finally, my Hi Nu HWS is complete! :toot:

It only took almost two years from ordering the HWS set! :shepicide:

Not really a fan of the bulk of it, particularly the absurdly large gun and shield, but the effort you put into making it look good shows. Particularly the detail and decal work you're showing in the second picture.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Zebulon posted:

Not really a fan of the bulk of it, particularly the absurdly large gun and shield, but the effort you put into making it look good shows. Particularly the detail and decal work you're showing in the second picture.

Funnily enough it's actually the smallest, least bulky thing on that shelf. But when everything else is a Penelope, Xi, and Nightingale, you can't really find much bigger.

Unless of course I decide to go and make this... Thing.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I want to do my first Master Grade and I am thinking what better than a RX 78, but I can't figure out what the real difference between the 3.0 and the Origin is.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Get The Origin. The 3.0 is interesting but overengineered and not really fun to just have sit on your desk imo

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
The 3.0 was my first MG and it was an absolute pain to paint. Looks great though.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

The_Rob posted:

I want to do my first Master Grade and I am thinking what better than a RX 78, but I can't figure out what the real difference between the 3.0 and the Origin is.

The Origin, though a newer kit, is based on the RX-78 2.0 frame, which many people prefer. While simpler and (I believe?) slightly less articulated than the 3.0 frame, it's easier to build and less delicate when finished. Other than that, the major difference for the Origin is the shoulder cannon.

I have a 3.0 and have never understood the flack it gets, building the arms was a little weird (it's unclear, but you need to either brace one part on a clip or, if you don't have that like me, rest it on your desk while you position the other parts) but I wouldn't call it delicate or hard to pose or anything. I like emotion manipulators, too.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The_Rob posted:

Look up pictures of both and buy which one you aesthetically like more.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Fauxtool posted:

Has anyone here built the mg delta plus? I'm about halfway through and there are a couple parts that seems kinda lazy. They are barely held on by friction. They aren't parts that need to move to transform or move at all. I had to glue them to stop them from falling off. I have never had to do that on any mg in last 10 years.

So far the worst are the thrusters on the shoulders and the cuffs between the forearm and hands.

I have also noticed that the plastic shows marks really easily. It's really hard to polish out the marks left from cutting compared to plastics from other more recently made kits. Was there some sort of quality control issue in that time period? Is this actually a rerelease or something?

I built the D+. I'l have to go back downstairs and check those parts specifically but if they're fall-offish quality then you got a bad batch. Mine's fairly solid. The ankles need to be a bit stiffer but that's just a brushing on of superglue onto the peg and a few hours to cure.

Side note: I just got finish testing my auto paint for candy colors.

Holy poo poo, this stuff RULES.

Createx Auto-Air candy pigment at 9:1 mix with Auto-Air intercoat, thinned with Auto-Air reducer (it looks and smells like normal acrylic airbrush thinner, which I might try later on). Awesome range of colors if Alclad's doesn't suit - and best of all, perfect Qubeley Papillon teal :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TaurusOxford posted:

Look up pictures of both and buy which one you aesthetically like more.

Well that's the thing I have been looking at the pictures and other than some little details I couldn't really see any huge difference. I guess it really depends on what Amuro outfit I want. Do I want Jean jacket/pants combo or space suit. These are the tough questions.