Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Nice to see you Hal. What did your role pm say about me?

Am I pretty?

Was I gonna win an award?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Samfucius posted:

You didn't stick to your own convictions under zero pressure.

I voted because Kash is being scummy with his reasoning. He knows full well that expressing a desire to vote without actually voting isn't scummy. Everyone does it.

And it's even worse because ultimately he's saying I should have voted for him just because of a single stupid post.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow how I even show up on scum radars? When I have ever been scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

Hmm...TODAY?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

TMMadman posted:

I voted because Kash is being scummy with his reasoning. He knows full well that expressing a desire to vote without actually voting isn't scummy. Everyone does it.

And it's even worse because ultimately he's saying I should have voted for him just because of a single stupid post.

I mean, yeah, it isn't scummy when the person has multiple votes or deadline is looming but early game it's a pretty okay idea to just vote.

A single stupid post is also okay when there are like ten posts total. That's 10%!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Samfucius posted:

I mean, yeah, it isn't scummy when the person has multiple votes or deadline is looming but early game it's a pretty okay idea to just vote.

A single stupid post is also okay when there are like ten posts total. That's 10%!

Except that ultimately I was trying to avoid the standard Kash/TMM fight on D1. So it wasn't worth the vote at the time. But it is worth it when he turns around and calls me scum for something that isn't scummy.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is it usually d1? I always feel like it comes out d2 or maybe d3 if we're lucky.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Earlier when I asked if you two had a "thing" I honestly didn't know. Now I do.

Have you considered couple's counselling?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Is it usually d1? I always feel like it comes out d2 or maybe d3 if we're lucky.

Let's just agree that the fight is standard, but the day varies. I was specifically trying to avoid it on D1 in this game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
fwiw

##vote imgay

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

This is the scum claim

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
TM, you're not fun to play mafia with :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

TM, you're not fun to play mafia with :(

this is 100% wrong

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Hey spacing, where are you.

Who do you think is bad.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Kashuno posted:

this is 100% wrong

He says as he eyes the special case in which he stores his TMM-poking stick.

It's a good stick.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

this is 100% wrong

I rarely say this to you, but :agreed:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

I rarely say this to you, but :agreed:

You don't know how to let a game breathe so you end up overwhelming it with a constant stream of posts that becomes draining just to read and you;re constant paranoia that scum are always targeting you specifically is, to be frank, egotistical. You don't come off in the best light during games.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So my forums don't want me to play this game

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Samfucius posted:

Hey spacing, where are you.

Who do you think is bad.

Awful app (androud) is absolutely chewing up everything in sight right now. There's "user was banned for this post" stuck between every word. I can ping in once I get to lunch in like half an hour -- my iPad is WiFi only, I'm scribbling this through chrome rn.

This is probably what kash just mentioned.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

So my forums don't want me to play this game

Mine just fixed, did yours? Try refreshing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rekt

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

You don't know how to let a game breathe so you end up overwhelming it with a constant stream of posts that becomes draining just to read and you;re constant paranoia that scum are always targeting you specifically is, to be frank, egotistical. You don't come off in the best light during games.

So what you're saying is you'd rather have me not defend myself?

You signed up to play this game with the full knowledge that I was in it. I was literally the first person to sign up. And now your going to complain that you don't like my style.

I know full well that everyone who votes me isn't scum, but calling them scum and challenging their thoughts is one of the ways I generate my reads.

So instead of complaining about how I play the game, why don't you offer some reads of your own.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

You signed up to play this game with the full knowledge that I was in it. I was literally the first person to sign up. And now your going to complain that you don't like my style.

I know full well that everyone who votes me isn't scum, but calling them scum and challenging their thoughts is one of the ways I generate my reads.

So instead of complaining about how I play the game, why don't you offer some reads of your own.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Alright I'm done shitposting for this game let's hunt scum

Ugh gently caress you for that, it's a huge pain to scroll past on my phone, even when Awful was working.

TMMadman posted:

Stop being stupid for one game. Please.

Oh, look, we're just in time for the kash/TMM slap fight. Can't wait for round 47 of this stupid song and dance.

Samfucius posted:

I always win "most improved", how about you?

Least Smelly.

Samfucius posted:

Okay Kash, out of the non-lurkers, who do you think might be scum? Our of the lurkers, who should we kill on principle?

I say TMM is scum, kill imgay.

The game only opened last night; it's a little early to call anyone lurking, isn't it?

imgay posted:

Your grammar broke, try rebooting.

TMMadman posted:

I'm with rarity here. Had I realized both you and kash were in the game, I wouldn't have signed up, because you suck up all the oxygen and make scum hunting extra hard.

(No dig on kash; I only mention him because you're worse when you two start going at each other. We cool, kash.)

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah, that's what I had. Posting in chrome forced awful to reboot, or possibly it cleared up at the same time by coincidence, idek. Annoying as poo poo.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You guys do understand that the vast majority of my bombastic attitude during a game is just a dog and pony show, right?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Essentially, I feel like what you are saying is that you want to play a game that's all about arguing without actually arguing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I saw the same thing as you and all I had to do was refresh the thread.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I was just trollin gang I'm vote imgay for his obvious scumslip

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

Except the way you play actively hurts town. Sometimes you need to clam up and let other people have a chance. Part of the reason people lurk is because others post so much that they find the game impenetrable. There are a number of really great players on SA who have this is the main weakness to their game.

As for my reads, I've spent today moving all my stuff out of storage while dying of flu so I'm physically and mentally exhausted. Reads will come tomorrow when I've got my energy back.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

spacing in vienna posted:

The game only opened last night; it's a little early to call anyone lurking, isn't it?

We can call them slow-starters if you like, you know what I mean.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Essentially, I feel like what you are saying is that you want to play a game that's all about arguing without actually arguing.

We're getting close to my Secret Word, I'm starting to get tingley.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

You guys do understand that the vast majority of my bombastic attitude during a game is just a dog and pony show, right?

No, we get that, we just don't enjoy it.

TMMadman posted:

Criticizing your particular argument style as combative and counterproductive is not the same as saying I do not want to argue in a game about arguing.

To illustrate this point, I'm going to adopt a new argument style for this game only, and it's going to involve personal insults and as many vulgar terms as I can cram into each post.

Don't like it? Well, you pussy-dicked motherfuckers must just hate arguing. Why even play mafia, I mean, just go back to chugging cock and playing with your dollies if you can't handle a little loving swearing.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Samfucius posted:

We're getting close to my Secret Word, I'm starting to get tingley.

By chance, is your secret word "disingenuous"?

(I'm not actually arguing with you, but as per my new argument style, I'm going to call you an rear end-faced cock smoker anyway.)

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wish a mod would make me scum one day, it is now my dream

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you thoughtless bystanders need to find try meanings

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

i wish a mod would make me scum one day, it is now my dream

fake

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

spacing in vienna posted:

"disingenuous"?

:siren: :siren:DISINGENUOUS!!!!!!!!:siren: :siren:
:siren:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:siren:
:siren:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
:siren:

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Never in my wildest dreams did I think my secret word would come up before page 5.

• Locked thread