Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

You like your shooters, don't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
I assume that, when the collapse happens, it will be sudden and swift?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

alf_pogs posted:

was there anything of interest in the latest ATV?

i tried listening to it but after five seconds of "casual banter" from ben and sandi while refusing to talk about anything of substance i ragequit

Nothing, ugh, they did not address Star Marine at all. They are getting smarter at least.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

G0RF posted:

I wouldn't put it past them to fast track dev resources to get one shiny FPS bauble added to the PTU ASAP. Another gun, maybe? Something, anything, to prove the narrative of delays and broken promises made by Chris is not a sign of bad faith on their part.

"Watch Reverse the Verse tomorrow to find out about..." (...this exciting new gun that's coming soon to 'Star Marine', er, FPS in the PTU!)

Sometimes I'm so good at this I scare myself.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Wuxi posted:

You like your shooters, don't you?

I just download the images and chip away anything that isn't a gif

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ben explains where the money (not Money) is going.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

That explains the Uno cards

So i wake up to see 600+ new post's in my favourite thread, i take a sip from my Coffee that the Mrs made me, then click the magic go go go button and this is the 1st thing that appears. Now as they say i'm cleaning coffee of my desk / keyboard and have to get the little speckles that somehow ended up on the bottom of the monitor.

Well played..... Well played. :five:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

sorla78 posted:

Yep, see here - Airborn Studios
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xYdJE

Assets were provided for

- M50 Commercial
- Freelancer Commercial
- Cutlass Commercial
- Mustang Commercial

Scroll down on the Artstation link to see all their work.

At first I read that as "Airhorn Studios" :gary: :yarg:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

Something that doesn't exist, and by all accounts never will, is one of the best things in life.

Well if sa history is anything to believe it will exist within the next fallout

http://www.dorkly.com/post/69113/incredibly-great-references-in-fallout-new-vegas

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

D_Smart posted:

And A2M as well

Wow this is the first time I have heard of any rear end to mouth

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

flyboi posted:

Well if sa history is anything to believe it will exist within the next fallout

http://www.dorkly.com/post/69113/incredibly-great-references-in-fallout-new-vegas

Wow, I never thought of that - we have years now, possibly decades, of developers throwing "Star Citizen" easter eggs into their games for lulz. Worth the 107 mill imo.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Dapper Dan posted:

No, they acquired the license. MWO is different from Battletech Kickstarter.

EDIT:

I didn't know that, that is pretty cool

I was more referring to Weisman possibly being listed as a producer on MWO because Weisman founded FASA back in the day, and I wasn't sure even with all the IP sales of Battletech throughout the years that he and other original creators might still be getting some credit on things using the IP.

But yeah also cool to hear they're salvaging assets from someone :)

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

If you want to avoid the boring bullshit in AtV and just want about 5 minutes of good clean lols, start here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOoinEmmVLI&t=2943s

tl;dw: Sandi Gardiner interviewed Gillian Anderson about SQ42, there will be a new JPEG for the masses to buy that they will be able to look at in their hangers "soon", and Sandi is not happy about having to offer even a single-use store credit buyback token for melted JPEGs.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

D_Smart posted:

Yes, $21.5M today. I used Euros since most dweebs don't even know that currency still exists.

Calling it. CR is going to state that the PU is 'done' and will get updated later, and all the money is going to SQ42.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

I wonder if Besnick actually ate all the money?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

tomorrow on reverse the verse will they be accepting SUGGESTIO from non subscribers?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Ever seen a skinny person in a Misfits t-shirt? Think hard.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Colostomy Bag posted:

poo poo, this thing transcends time and existence at this point.

Ever watch 2001? There have been many interpretations of the film. Kubrick foretold this.

The reality is that a monolith showed up at Crobert's outdoor patio next to the pool, Ferrari and outdoor kitchen. Croberts danced around and waved fist full of $100 bills in an attempt to start a fire...until he realized that the monolith contained the code for Cryengine. He learned he could do greater things. That was the spark for mankind.

So we have to fast-forward several hours through the movie. The parts with an operating AI NPC, space stuff, physics, plot, accurate details, etc. Now we are at the part where Croberts turns into a Star Child.

Cripes, it really is that drat simple.

Yeah, but at least 2001 got finished. We're just sitting here waiting for him to turn into a Star Child, and it's never going to happen.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

neonbregna posted:

Wow this is the first time I have heard of any rear end to mouth

They are now called Behavior Interactive.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

When they say that each episode is like its own game, they just mean in terms of development time and retail price.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Happy Sisyphus posted:

tomorrow on reverse the verse will they be accepting SUGGESTIO from non subscribers?

Sounds like a Marvel villain.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Loxbourne posted:

Speaking of which, has anyone looked at the LEGO Ideas website recently?

There's a Hornet on it.

It's been "under review" for over a year now. LEGO have carefully avoided making a decision on it. They probably don't want to have their name associated with a shitshow if CIG collapses, but they're wary of the backlash if they reject it outright.

I'm gonna pull a Derek Smart here and quote myself

Nicholas posted:

running around your living room, holding a lego brick in the air and making "pew-pew" noises would be more immersive than playing star citizen

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

MOAR posted:

Can it be saved by an angel investor or someone?

I can imagine some sort of 'devil' investor would pay very good money for their mailing list of wealthy, gullible fools.

Other than that though...

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

xiansi posted:

I can imagine some sort of 'devil' investor would pay very good money for their mailing list of wealthy, gullible fools.

Other than that though...

It's been suggested before, but it bears repeating. We should start a "Save Star Citizen" kickstarter, take all the moneys, buy the IP and assets, then, in the ultimate switcheroo, put Derek Smart in charge. That should fuel the fun here for the next decade minimum.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

BeefThief posted:

tl;dw: Sandi Gardiner interviewed Gillian Anderson about SQ42, there will be a new JPEG for the masses to buy that they will be able to look at in their hangers "soon", and Sandi is not happy about having to offer even a single-use store credit buyback token for melted JPEGs.

in the future please refer to these as 'citcoins'

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

It's amazing and horrible to me that the focus of their ire is still on a backer they banned from their forums making them look ridiculous.

He said a bad thing. If there's one thing a narcissist cannot stand - one thing that gnaws and tears at them and drives them to distraction - it's the thought that someone might be thinking a bad thing about them right now. People have already pointed out that Sandi seemed determined to engage Beer directly just so she could tell him off for his line about suicides. That line has clearly lodged in her consciousness and she must - MUST - make Beer recant.

I genuinely believe that is why Beer was banned. Yes, the "obvious" tale is that his questioning upset people and his advice about how to apply for refunds was damaging their income. That's how someone might rationalise it. But the real reason the button was clicked was almost certainly MAKE THE BAD MAN STOP SAYING BAD THINGS.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'm prepared to make a significant offer of jpgs of money for the Star Citizen IP

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Nicholas posted:

in the future please refer to these as 'citcoins'

I prefer 'tism tokens myself.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Super-soakers filled with acid are bad, mkay?

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Nicholas posted:

how do you resolve SQ42 being split into 5(!) parts, only 1 (or 2) of which backers will recieve for free, with "EA/ACTIVITION/ELITE expansions/dlc are a total ripoff"

5??? What???

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Iglocska posted:

5??? What???
lol just lol if they think they can make 5 release dates when they've made exactly 0 so far

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Scruffpuff posted:

It's been suggested before, but it bears repeating. We should start a "Save Star Citizen" kickstarter, take all the moneys, buy the IP and assets, then, in the ultimate switcheroo, put Derek Smart in charge. That should fuel the fun here for the next decade minimum.

Oh hell yes!

Ol' Derek would be the finest of investors.

Neither devil or angel, just pure chaotic insane. It would be :pgabz:glorious:pgabz:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

sandi's inability to make an informal fake news segment seem anything but forced, scripted and contrived is really baffling. it is telling about her abilities as an actress. seriously sandi tell a loving joke or relax your enunciation just a little or stop looking at the paper every five seconds. or i don't know eat a human soul and ponder on it for a while

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Ash1138 posted:

lol just lol if they think they can make 5 release dates when they've made exactly 0 so far

Seriously, if they've taken the originall 1 part singleplayer, that became 2 then 3 part long and now they've split it even further... I don't even...

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

I prefer 'tism tokens myself.

You should kickstarter this idea right now.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Iglocska posted:

5??? What???

someone posted it earlier in the thread

quote:

Erin Roberts gave an interview to a Norwegian gaming website about Squadron 42 during PAX

Even though Squadron 42 is released as a final product, players will also here have to be patient: “The one player campaign in Squadron 42 is played out in five chapters, with around 15 hours of content in each chapter. Each chapter will be like a game in it self, and when all the chapters are released Squadron 42 will contain over 70 hours of content.” - ERIN ROBERTS

Source - http://www.gamer.no/artikler/intervju-star-citizen-squadron-42/165510

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Ash1138 posted:

But they stopped giving release dates. Everything is fine, nothing to see here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Nicholas posted:

someone posted it earlier in the thread

The funny thing is, 15 hours is gently caress all. The witcher 3, ONE GAME, with a much smaller budget, gives you a minimum of 90 hours of gameplay. The DLC (for 10 bucks) adds another 10 hours, and there's a second bit of DLC that'll add another 20.

Once again, SC underachieves.

• Locked thread