Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

They sure did show off a lot of bugs in today's stream :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm still super hyped, got Friday off and I'm ready to plow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I'm hyped too, but yeah, my expectations remain that this is going to be hilariously buggy at launch. :haw:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
We'd need a buggy counter for all these bugs.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

They sure did show off a lot of bugs in today's stream :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm still super hyped, got Friday off and I'm ready to plow

Sword gun best gun.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Bremen posted:

To those not watching, the devs just had a soldier run up to a corner, revealed a chryssalid, and it ran over to the soldier and stabbed him on its reveal move.

what the gently caress hahahaha

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Hey, if they have a sword mod that lets you shred armor, it really will be Rules of Nature time.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Can't wait. Gonna wreck so many aliens.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Rename thread to XCOM 2: Terrorists from the Deep posthaste.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Hope they find a way to stop you mousing over locations to see if an enemy is standing there. I'm a bad person and can never resist

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Vengarr posted:

I have to admit, it would go a lot better with the thread's twin towers "we forgot" icon.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Vengarr posted:

this will probably happen starting in march

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

This is something you'd see hanging on the wall of a Long John Silver's.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Broke my rule and bought this pre-release. Although GMG offering it on sale helped a little.

I am hyped.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
Someone's having fun.

https://twitter.com/beaglerush/status/692910011203375105

https://twitter.com/beaglerush/status/692910350455459840

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

:v: goddammit one more week

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Well whatever it is, I hope it's not broken enough to warrant another response from Firaxis

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Maybe it's ghost grenades. Those were always useful on a grenade-specced heavy in Enemy Within.

They've been vague about a lot of the endgame stuff and a lot of the later-on goodies, but this is nothing new. Firaxis was even resistant to admit they had blaster bomb launchers back when Enemy Unknown was in previews. They are very stubborn about playing with all their cards close to their chest.

I'm curious about one of the upcoming DLCs they promise in the spring, the one that mentions "elite" aliens and XCOM having new elite alien hunter specializations. Hmm... Procedurally generated extra-hard missions that generate more loot, like Slingshot only random?

Speedball fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 29, 2016

Space Wizard
Aug 31, 2012

quote:

Bremen posted:
To those not watching, the devs just had a soldier run up to a corner, revealed a chryssalid, and it ran over to the soldier and stabbed him on its reveal move.

Soothing Vapors posted:

what the gently caress hahahaha

Hahahaha-hah... hah... hah.

Is this what you want Firaxis? For me to not sleep? And you made me break my rule about pre-orders. God drat.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Colapops posted:

This is something you'd see hanging on the wall of a Long John Silver's.

The Onion's got you covered.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

This is gonna be a long week. More time to actually finish my Ironman Classic play through I guess.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

If I'm reading it right, the "Fortress" ability makes Psi Operatives immune to exploding cars too, right?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Zaphod42 posted:

I want a TFTD mod so bad.

Yesssss. :getin:

Also looking forward to a Stargate mod.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Speedball posted:

If I'm reading it right, the "Fortress" ability makes Psi Operatives immune to exploding cars too, right?

I hope so, although the Grenadiers Blast Armor did nothing against exploding cars in one of Beagle's streams.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Torrannor posted:

I hope so, although the Grenadiers Blast Armor did nothing against exploding cars in one of Beagle's streams.

That seemed to reduce the grenade damage at least. The Armor soaked up 1 damage and the 66% resistance soaked up the rest, so they only took 1 damage from their own kamikaze grenade.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Torrannor posted:

To be fair, that was an earlier build. That might have been fixed since then.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

I'm gonna guess... multiple attacks on a single target?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I can't wait for Extraterrestrial Combat 2!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I know the Skulljack gif is from this video, but a link to the whole thing ought to be in the OP because I love it. Its end is especially great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYhr7Du6z8U

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Are sectopods back and willing to drop artillery from deep within the fog of war on unsuspecting rookies? I need to know

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

Are sectopods back and willing to drop artillery from deep within the fog of war on unsuspecting rookies? I need to know

Sectopods are back and worse than ever. They have a stance system where they can hunker close to the ground squat like before, or stand up very tall on extendo-legs. They can charge straight through walls like Berserkers used to and have a variety of other nasty abilities we probably haven't seen yet.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Alehkhs posted:

Yesssss. :getin:

Also looking forward to a Stargate mod.

Can't believe I've never thought of that before. I guess the TV show is basically Xcom with wormholes. I'd play the poo poo out of that in any case.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Dezinus posted:

Can't believe I've never thought of that before. I guess the TV show is basically Xcom with wormholes. I'd play the poo poo out of that in any case.

I see you havent read the SG-1 XCOM crossover :unsmigghh:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3631062/1/XSGCOM-Mirror-Image

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Not everything I post is snek tits or mind breaking

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone found any good coupon codes yet, or are we looking at full price on steam as our best purchase option?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

JosefStalinator posted:

Has anyone found any good coupon codes yet, or are we looking at full price on steam as our best purchase option?

27PERC-OFFXCO-M2GAME good for 27% off at GMG is probably the lowest you will see it go for a while.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I read three chapters and it's not terrible :psyduck:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

winterwerefox posted:

Not everything I post is snek tits or mind breaking

"Yeees! Split it wide open!"

Oh my, I love the snek-skin fashion on the far left there.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I wanna play this loving game already.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Not a big fan of the Avatar Project thing. I hate time limits and that's apparently what it is. I realize it was possible to delay a little bit too much in XCOM1, just rack in XP to get the best possible squad for the Temple Ship, but that was also kind of cool. We'll see how it turns out, but having to beat the alien clock doesn't super fun to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Furism posted:

Not a big fan of the Avatar Project thing. I hate time limits and that's apparently what it is. I realize it was possible to delay a little bit too much in XCOM1, just rack in XP to get the best possible squad for the Temple Ship, but that was also kind of cool. We'll see how it turns out, but having to beat the alien clock doesn't super fun to me.

I get where you're coming from, XCOM has always been a game where you build up, fight the aliens and prepare for the final battle at your own pace. XCOM2 is breaking away from that by ramping up the low-key roguelike factor. Time limits make you take more risks, this causes more deaths. Chrysalids can attack you on their reveal turn now, this causes more deaths. There are more randomization factors as well with the ammo and grenade crafting plus more events on the game board. XCOM2 is a tactical roguelike and like FTL it's putting a time limit on it to encourage the player to take more risks and plan ahead.

I think this is a good thing but if you don't that's also fair. I think everyone will get the game they want when mods start coming out.