Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I am going to go ahead and guess that Mike Mitchell doesn't think Krispy Kreme is as "guud" as Dunkin' Donuts because he's from Boston and also wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I am going to go ahead and guess that Mike Mitchell doesn't think Krispy Kreme is as "guud" as Dunkin' Donuts because he's from Boston and also wrong.

Well, that's a given. Though I tend to agree. Better coffee, better non-plain doughnuts. Breakfast sandwich offerings.

All The KK has to offer is the hot out of the fryer plain. Which is magical, but not enough to carry a chain.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I just died laughing at the burger squad drops this is an A+ ep

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

djnkro posted:

Well, that's a given. Though I tend to agree. Better coffee, better non-plain doughnuts. Breakfast sandwich offerings.

All The KK has to offer is the hot out of the fryer plain. Which is magical, but not enough to carry a chain.

DD serves all prefrozen off site made donuts now. I think their coffee and peoples weird allegiance to it is the only that keeps them going

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Work Friend Keven posted:

I just died laughing at the burger squad drops this is an A+ ep

Agreed. This one is worth it for that alone. Also, Spoonman's painfully earnest question about whether the original UCB crew ever had any cool smoke sessions and his dog-fart story were both amazing.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
This was a fun ep, but like most Doughboys it's easier to listen at x1.5 speed. At that rate Besser sounds like he does normally on I4H

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Gotta agree with Mitch on todays ep - love to get a good pupcorn at a game, and if I'm a little hungrier it's great to have a nice hutdug.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Gotta agree with Mitch on todays ep - love to get a good pupcorn at a game, and if I'm a little hungrier it's great to have a nice hutdug.

https://twitter.com/jongabrus/status/665027866439102464

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Why did Spoonman hate Rocktober again?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Why did Spoonman hate Rocktober again?
He became acutely aware of how dumb themed restaurants (and by extension the podcast) are after his fifth review of "[Song lyric] sizzlin' [food item]"
Rockdoughberfest was all worth it for him trying to pronounce Halleh-loving-Lujah it was over

"Halla-Hallalaal-Hall. gently caress. Hallelujah. Halleljau. Hallalely. HALALE loving LUJIAH"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Wig's spiteful series of clips at the show's start is so great.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Yeah, being the resident doughboys expert here I'd like to give my opinion. All in all it was a good episode. The burger bitch pendulum is swinging the other direction, and he is finally finding his groove. The drops were great, the slow burn realization that playing an entertainment lawyers voicemail might be a bad idea was good, and I dislike popcorn as well. However, he is getting a little too energetic/confident on the show. He was talking over the guest, or often just dominating the conversation. If he tones it down a touch, spoon nation might just have a worthy foe.

That being said, Mitch still, as always knocked it out of the park. Being the smarter doughboy, and what is sadder than a fat man sneaking booze into a childrens movie?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Quick Kevin post 3 times to push this guy off the resident expert spot.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

Quality not quantity bitch.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Mr. Squishy posted:

What the gently caress?!

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

hahahah

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I liked the part in the last ep when Mitch called Nick a loving idiot or something because he liked a different type of pretzel from him. I also liked the restraining order phone call.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Wiger's sound drops and Spoonman's counter-drop today had me laughing so drat hard.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tacier posted:

Wiger's sound drops and Spoonman's counter-drop today had me laughing so drat hard.

This escalation is amazing. I know they can't keep it up forever, but man is it enjoyable.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Being the resident expert on the podcast, I feel I should weigh in on team burger brigade v spoon nation vis a vis the audio drop war.
I embrace the escalation of drop war, and hope that it continues to it's natural conclusion. An hour long podcast. 55 mins of drop wars, followed by a 5 min run down of some lovely chain fast food joint.

That being said, Wiges the burger bitch is still wrong, spoon nation for life.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

djnkro posted:

Being the resident expert on the podcast...
Hmm ok...

djnkro posted:

That being said, Wiges the burger bitch is still wrong, spoon nation for life.
lol "ok"

shoutout to my Doughbuddies in #starwars-spoilers, the only Doughboys slackchat worth mentioning

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Mike Mitchell is kind of an angry rear end in a top hat.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I think Wiger is just insanely bullyable.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Oh, absolutely. Not mutually exclusive.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mitch was a lot nicer in the early episodes I think

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

He gave Kawalic the old what for but otherwise he really was!

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Help Im Alive posted:

Mitch was a lot nicer in the early episodes I think

For real, I can't tell if the dude despises the podcast or himself more.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Rockdoughberfest takes a toll on a man

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Spoonman sounded really sad on the "fat guys" episode of High and Mighty because the other two somehow have hot wives and he's still very self conscious about his body :(

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
He'll find a lady, I believe in him. #helpspoonmanjerkoff

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Spoonman sounded really sad on the "fat guys" episode of High and Mighty because the other two somehow have hot wives and he's still very self conscious about his body :(
The really turned the whole being fat discussion into a marathon Borat reference discussion

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Ronald Reagan is the New England Patriots of dogs.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Mitch thinks everything is pie.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It kind of is the pie of soups

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

So we've all seen the Fallon prank on Mike Mitchell. It just so much better re watching it now as their banter has advanced deteriorated.
You can practically hear the implied "It's the wind [idiot]" on Wigers text at 3:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggMNWji6WzA

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Mitch is in the new Netflix show Love quite a bit, as a character who is passionate about fast food. It's great.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
The first episode stunk. Does it get better quick?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

mennoknight posted:

The first episode stunk. Does it get better quick?

It definitely gets better but if you really didn't enjoy the first episode then I'm not sure how much more you would enjoy the rest. Has a shitload of UCB/podcast-regular comedians on it throughouts though, if that sweetens the deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

For what it's worth it took me a couple of episodes to get hooked and it especially shines once they get their rapport/hatred for each other going. Also when SpoonMan emerges the show is transformed