Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Failboattootoot posted:

Naw, if not for the NES era it would be the worst.

Edit: Well also ff11 I guess.

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Huh. Either the CP cap in XIII is higher than fits in the UI, or it gives no shits if you Cheat Engine above it. That'll make maxing out a lot quicker.

What? I just wanna check out all the post game content without having to grind.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So before I get back into LR, I just have to ask: Am I combatting wrong if all I do is do full combo hold-the-button attacks then schemata swap? Like, I know I should guard and bring pots but... when does combat get a bit more involved?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I'm sick of talking about best and worst final fantasies. What are the best moogles? Personally I'm a fan of this guy:

The fact that they constantly struggle with the mail bag is the clincher.

But also this silly spherical guy:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

In terms of general design I like the Dissidia interpretations of the FF6 moogles. I don't like Ivalice moogles but I haven't taken a critical look at them since my first impression of "they're different :saddowns::mad:"

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

bloodychill posted:

I'm sick of talking about best and worst final fantasies. What are the best moogles? Personally I'm a fan of this guy:

no contest

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I like generic Moogles more than most of the named ones, honestly. Stiltzkin and FF6 Mog are big exceptions, of course.

e: V Oh poo poo, and Good King Moggle Mog of course.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 29, 2016

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

bloodychill posted:

Only one moogle has had a song written for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2oxO129TJI

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

The moogles in Crystal Chronicles were the best. Especially...

This fukken guy :3:

I should see if I can get a gif of the CC mail moogle waddle animation and make that my avatar

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kanfy posted:

Only one moogle has had a song written for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2oxO129TJI

Oh god this is making me want to subscribe again for XIV.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1dxkMhkHcA

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't know what the best moogles are, though I definitely like Ivalice ones a lot but Dissidia moogles are definitely worst.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
I think all final fantasies are really good games and we should be thankful for each and every one. What a time to be alive

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think Ramza's Dissidia model might be the best effort they could have gotten for him considering they wanted his design to match up.

I don't think he's a character suited to a realistic artstyle, though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Genderswapped Ramza looking good

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
He's cute and quite frankly thats all I need to play as him.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think it's cool they're putting Agrias in the game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I hope his attacks involve shouting and hurling rocks. Because his Soul Breaks do in Record Keeper and it's great.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At long as it's made by the same people who made Sephiroth constantly go after Aerith if you used her as an assist I'm sure they will.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I suppose that depends on how shot-calling is split between SE and Team Ninja. :shrug:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

AlphaKretin posted:

I suppose that depends on how shot-calling is split between SE and Team Ninja. :shrug:

Probably fine, considering Y'shtola's moves are all either from CNJ/WHM or cross-classed THM/ACN. I'm pretty happy with how they handled her, even if she's only a CNJ in FFXIV proper.

...it's me, I'm the :spergin:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ImpAtom posted:

You have an invisible EXP bar and when it hits max you will gain a level no matter what. Literally the only thing the slots can do with your level is randomly get you a level a little early

Yeah, I leveled up twice in rapid succession which is why I asked. Got lucky there! I'm definitely gonna grind out all these missions, at least the ones that say easy and normal next to them. I wish they were a little more creative than just, "Fight some dudes! Now re-fight this boss. Now fight some more dudes."

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Does this mean we're now allowed to debate the merit of each game as if they not all the worst? :v:

Also "Kupola" makes me think of the twins from Nier.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

TL posted:

Stealing is worthwhile throughout the game, honestly, since once you get Thievery, you can do max damage pretty early in the game.

I've always felt like Thievery is kind of a waste of time because to reach that damage Zidane needs to be doing nothing but stealing in every single fight for like 2 discs (unless you're going to sit in one place and grind steals which just seems super pointless)

There are less annoying ways to hit the damage limit (and it's not a very difficult game to begin with)

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It felt like the boss fights were balanced around having him steal every turn, anyway.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Final Fantasy IX is probably the best Final Fantasy game in the series.

It is not my all time favorite but it is easily in my top 3.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Help Im Alive posted:

I've always felt like Thievery is kind of a waste of time because to reach that damage Zidane needs to be doing nothing but stealing in every single fight for like 2 discs (unless you're going to sit in one place and grind steals which just seems super pointless)

There are less annoying ways to hit the damage limit (and it's not a very difficult game to begin with)

It's not the real FFIX experience unless you unsuccessfully steal from Hill Gigas for an hour before quitting out of frustration.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It's not the real FFIX experience unless you unsuccessfully steal from Hilgigars for an hour before quitting out of frustration.

:v:

I wonder if they're going to clean up those mistranslations for the PC port?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yeah, I leveled up twice in rapid succession which is why I asked. Got lucky there! I'm definitely gonna grind out all these missions, at least the ones that say easy and normal next to them. I wish they were a little more creative than just, "Fight some dudes! Now re-fight this boss. Now fight some more dudes."

From what I remember, some of the later missions are really fun in some ways. I know the training missions where you can refight Genesis and Sephiroth I enjoyed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

I wonder if they're going to clean up those mistranslations for the PC port?

I never even realised this was a typo until people brought it up. I thought it was just a name for the monster. Kind of like how sometimes they have "named" Malboros and such.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Y-burn

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

bloodychill posted:

i like the skinny Ivalice Moogles the best, but that also has to do with Juggler and Thief Moogle both looking cute as heck

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think Ramza's Dissidia model might be the best effort they could have gotten for him considering they wanted his design to match up.

Yeah, it's not bad at all and looks how I imagine he'd look in a modern remake or something. Ramza was always kind of effeminate, doubly so in that Chapter 1 style where he's a teenage cadet, even by the standards of FFT's artwork.

And this is the best moogle mostly because he has some of the best Amano art:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It's not the real FFIX experience unless you unsuccessfully steal from Hill Gigas for an hour before quitting out of frustration.
This, but for half the boss battles. If I could, I would buff steal's success rate.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Arrrthritis posted:

i like final fantasy V myself.

IX is good though

FFV is a real close second, and honestly, I'm giving FFIX the higher rank due to its great production values in addition to its gameplay mechanics, so take that as you will.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Zombies' Downfall posted:

And this is the best moogle mostly because he has some of the best Amano art:

Teeny butt moogle is adorable :3:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

bloodychill posted:

Hyper realistic minimog is best mog

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The Cranberry Knights at your service.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't think he's a character suited to a realistic artstyle, though.

They should have left him without a nose.

Ramza has no nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How does he smell?