Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm here, let's play this game. I would voting spacing or imgay, with Kashuno as a distant third.

What's with the sudden fixation on me? My vote on you was a joke, and so was the temporary tourettes, but I did have some real content yesterday. I'm lurkier than usual d1 but I've got some stupid RL poo poo going on and it's been hard to get into this game.

Also TMM asking everyone to read you: why? Why do you constantly need to be the center of attention?

I don't have any good reads right now, except that I hate everything and have to go to work soon. Are the votes on imgay serious?

This is going to sound hypocritical, but yesterday when I got into the slap fight with tmm I thought, dammit, I'm just making it worse, this is going to further distract the thread. So on a reread, Sam and Rarity both stand out to me for keeping that mess going. Which, as I said, I did, too, but I can't loving let things drop when I should.

Kash gets a pass here because the TMM/kash slap fight is a regular occurrence and appears to be alignment neutral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

spacing in vienna posted:

What's with the sudden fixation on me? My vote on you was a joke, and so was the temporary tourettes, but I did have some real content yesterday. I'm lurkier than usual d1 but I've got some stupid RL poo poo going on and it's been hard to get into this game.

Also TMM asking everyone to read you: why? Why do you constantly need to be the center of attention?

I don't have any good reads right now, except that I hate everything and have to go to work soon. Are the votes on imgay serious?

This is going to sound hypocritical, but yesterday when I got into the slap fight with tmm I thought, dammit, I'm just making it worse, this is going to further distract the thread. So on a reread, Sam and Rarity both stand out to me for keeping that mess going. Which, as I said, I did, too, but I can't loving let things drop when I should.

Kash gets a pass here because the TMM/kash slap fight is a regular occurrence and appears to be alignment neutral.

There actually is a reason and it has nothing to do with wanting to be the center of attention. I've been debating on when I should make an announcement/give the reason, but I think I'll wait a little bit longer.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

There actually is a reason and it has nothing to do with wanting to be the center of attention. I've been debating on when I should make an announcement/give the reason, but I think I'll wait a little bit longer.

Oh. I'm sorry, I'm cranky and thought that was just another "hey everyone, please continue to focus on me" sort of moment. If there's a grander purpose to it, that makes me lean more town on you. Sorry to make you tip your hand early?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

these soft claims bother me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

spacing in vienna posted:

Oh. I'm sorry, I'm cranky and thought that was just another "hey everyone, please continue to focus on me" sort of moment. If there's a grander purpose to it, that makes me lean more town on you. Sorry to make you tip your hand early?

You didn't really tip my hand. I was hoping there would be more action after I asked people to make an alignment call on me. If there had been, I would have made my announcement while getting ready for work this morning. I'll just start working on the post now since I'm on my phone and it needs a few quotes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Can't we all just get along?

TMMadman posted:

Over a simple question?

TMMadman posted:

Perhaps we should all just calm down.

So as you can see above, I'm the cop.

When I got my role PM, I knew I would have to claim on D1 because lately I've been the N1 kill due to my play style. Since there are only 2 scum and both have NKs, I figured claiming was the best chance I had to survive N1 and be able to provide some kind of benefit to town. I'm assuming there is a doctor out there and whoever it is absolutely needs to protect me tonight.

So I asked for people to read me to try and determine who I want to cop tonight.

I think the lynch should probably be one of imgay, Rarity or Samfu. Imgay seems to be trying to taunt a cop investigation and that doesn't sit right with me. Samfu was the third vote at an opportunistic time and has stuck with his poor reasoning to keep his vote there. And I made my case against Rarity earlier. Another issue with Rarity is that she tried to say that the game needs to breathe, but with 2 scum NKs there really isn't time to let the game move slowly.

So there you go, all my cards are on the table.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
TM, which games have you been killed N1 in?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Not that I'm necessarily doubting you, I just suspect that was an incredibly boneheaded move.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, pretty sure Rarity is scum now. Just look at that response. It's not a bone headed move. It's the only move I could make that gives me the best chance to survive N1 and provide town with a cop investigation.

I was the N1 kill in sedatefia and I was poisoned on N1 in the binding of Isaac game. It doesn't happen all the time, but my choice is claim and hopefully live through the night or not claim and most likely not live through the night.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Remember with 2 NKs, this game goes into lylo on D3 unless a scum gets lynched D1 or D2. So it's a pure numbers game and thus claiming cop when there is most likely a doctor is the best available play.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also by claiming now, I can hopefully provide some insight into the scum teams makeup. If I end up dying in the night then the scum most likely have a juggernaut. And if I live but can't get a cop investigation and there is only 1 kill then they most likely have a roleblocker.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think that was a v bad claim and I don't believe it at all. You are under no pressure right now and claiming cop d1 is the least town play a cop can make.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol Kash. It's a 3 day game. Claiming now is the best available move when I believe I am most likely to be killed on N1.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kash is a notorious idiot tho

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also Kash, your post really makes me want to rethink my town read on you. Given the events of the College Mafia game, you of all people know I don't lie about my D1 claims.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dude, you need to get over yourself. Mafia games don't revolve around you.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Never said they did.

And you keep making posts but still haven't given a single read. I thought you are replacing out, so why do you care?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Also Kash, your post really makes me want to rethink my town read on you. Given the events of the College Mafia game, you of all people know I don't lie about my D1 claims.

prior games != this game and you know that, stop setting up a false flag here.

TMMadman posted:

Never said they did.

And you keep making posts but still haven't given a single read. I thought you are replacing out, so why do you care?

that's some real d-bag poo poo right there tho

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

Kash is a notorious idiot tho

:agesilaus:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
For real though your setup spec stuff is crazy and there is absolutely no world where a d1 cop claim is beneficial to town.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
also it seems interesting how inflammatory you are to people who aren't even voting you just because they don't trust your strange claim

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

prior games != this game and you know that, stop setting up a false flag here.

that's some real d-bag poo poo right there tho

So you're going to go down that route again? Once again, if I haven't lied about a D1 claim yet then why should you assume that this is when I would start lying?

If she is replacing out then she shouldn't really be making plays in the game. If she is staying in the game then I'll apologize.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Kash, stop and think about it. I only get 2 investigations if I'm lucky and chances are that one of the investigation targets will die on one of the nights anyway, possibly both.

Claiming is absolutely without a doubt the best move I could make.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I only commented cause I'm tired of your overimportant self-aggrandising bullshit and I can't be hosed to not call you out on it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

So you're going to go down that route again? Once again, if I haven't lied about a D1 claim yet then why should you assume that this is when I would start lying?

If she is replacing out then she shouldn't really be making plays in the game. If she is staying in the game then I'll apologize.

why should I assume this is the game you won't start lying?

TMMadman posted:

Kash, stop and think about it. I only get 2 investigations if I'm lucky and chances are that one of the investigation targets will die on one of the nights anyway, possibly both.

Claiming is absolutely without a doubt the best move I could make.

Highly disagree. If true, you have outed a town power role with very little pressure on you, for no gain. It is not advantageous to town at all to have a cop claim so early. Assuming town has a doctor, scum can now safely assume that you are going to draw power role protection tonight and spend their two NKs elsewhere on the chance you hit scum tonight. You will go into d2 not dead, with two other townies dead in that scenario and unless you bag scum for sure you are in a very serious position of being the lynch and forcing town to test your claim. If you do hit scum, you have to hope town believe you. If there is no doctor, or the doctor doesn't believe you and chooses to shield elsewhere, you can die. If there is a jugg, you die. There is no outcome where your claim is an intelligent play, sorry.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean hell, it's not exactly hard right now to figure out who you're going to cop tonight if you aren't lynched.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
What the hell TMM. I go to class for an hour and come back to this.

I'm not sure how you thought people were gonna respond to this.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

D1 cop claim under no pressure, wowie zowie.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I mean hell, it's not exactly hard right now to figure out who you're going to cop tonight if you aren't lynched.

You think I'm going to get lynched without a counterclaim? And one of those catches scum anyway.

And who I cop tonight is entirely up in the air. There will be 10 possible targets for me to cop tonight and I'm considering all of them.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Sorry, Asiina

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

TMMadman posted:

There will be 10 possible targets for me to cop tonight and I'm considering all of them.

Lol

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
9 targets doofus

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
btw ##vote hal dude is scum incarnate

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

9 targets doofus

Lol. Math is hard and I forgot to subtract myself from the equation. :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
sounds like a scumslip to me

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Samfucius posted:

What the hell TMM. I go to class for an hour and come back to this.

I'm not sure how you thought people were gonna respond to this.

:agreed::yeah:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Kash, it's really funny how hard you are trying to discredit my claim.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I'm not trying to discredit so much as discuss mafia theory and how this is a bad idea to claim for many reasons but hey keep getting defensive :shrug:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
sorry I don't immediately buy a d1 under almost no pressure cop claim from someone who uses personal meta and the lack of a d1 cop counterclaim as a boon to their case brah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Kash I am really annoyed but couching my language about how I made a bad move and you called me out on it.

• Locked thread