Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

Actually they're getting mad profits from Dota 2 and CSGO and reinvesting that into making more Dota 2 and CSGO content.

Which is probably what will also happen with Grand Order.
That's exactly my point. Just because a given property is doing extremely well for a developer doesn't mean that will lead to them investing the new revenue streams back into other works, even if those other works are what made them popular originally. Why make the next episode of Mahoyo or finish remaking Tsukihime when the resources you'd have to commit to do so could instead be used to make the equivalent of hats for F/GO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I actually really hope F/GO gets hats, because i would pay like 10 quartz for something like Medusa's casual outfit

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
10 quartz to give everybody Marie's hat.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Freak Futanari posted:

I actually really hope F/GO gets hats, because i would pay like 10 quartz for something like Medusa's casual outfit

Every single Servant should have a street clothes version.

In fact, in general every character in everything should have a street clothes version and do at least one fight in street clothes because street clothes fights own.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

Actually they're getting mad profits from Dota 2 and CSGO and reinvesting that into making more Dota 2 and CSGO content.

Which is probably what will also happen with Grand Order.

I mean, it depends on how TM is structured right? On how corporate it is? If the decision making ultimately still comes down to Nasu and Takeuchi I think its more reasonable to infer that they might go "Yay, we now have the money to work on completing these stories and give them their due." If it's very auteur driven.

If there's like a company board and stockholders who see their investment making returns primarily from FGO then yeah.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Considering how long it takes for Nasu and/or Takeuchi to do stuff, I'd still say that's way too optimistic.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Okay, to whoever at DW decided that it's okay to make a 900k HP Assassin boss with a three-turn NP counter in an almost entirely Saber-based event: gently caress you with the broad end of something very, very broad.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Yea, the overriding thing with new Type Moon VNs is more a matter of time than anything else. Let's not forget that Mahoyo was in active development for 6-8 years.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Aumanor posted:

Okay, to whoever at DW decided that it's okay to make a 900k HP Assassin boss with a three-turn NP counter in an almost entirely Saber-based event: gently caress you with the broad end of something very, very broad.

That just about sums up this whole event. This whole event is just giant health sponges and/or something that sabers can't deal with before they get killed by NP spam.

But hey at least we got more saberfaces!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What is even the point of making the CEs rewards for points or making the reward ceiling so insanely high? I've maxed out the Saber Lily CE mostly through drops in grinding for tubes and lenses and am one drop away from maxing the MHX one. These dailies are getting more and more annoying to even try to do for what are 10Ap dailies and are nothing like the Honnoji ones which were just free points.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Like, even making JtR the third wave instead of the second would make it somewhat more managable, because you'd at least have time to charge up your NPs for an alpha strike.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

That just about sums up this whole event. This whole event is just giant health sponges and/or something that sabers can't deal with before they get killed by NP spam.

But hey at least we got more saberfaces!

That's why you have CEs giving massive buffs tho.

Baal posted:

What is even the point of making the CEs rewards for points or making the reward ceiling so insanely high? I've maxed out the Saber Lily CE mostly through drops in grinding for tubes and lenses and am one drop away from maxing the MHX one. These dailies are getting more and more annoying to even try to do for what are 10Ap dailies and are nothing like the Honnoji ones which were just free points.

gently caress you I haven't gotten a single drop.

Also point rewards increase a lot as they approach the end. Plus, free materials. They aren't even hard, assuming you had a well-leveled team and kept up with the buff CEs.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Kyte posted:

That's why you have CEs giving massive buffs tho.

gently caress you I haven't gotten a single drop.

Also point rewards increase a lot as they approach the end. Plus, free materials. They aren't even hard, assuming you had a well-leveled team and kept up with the buff CEs.

How the gently caress is the most recent quest not hard?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have to have about one of the best damage modifiers you can get in this event with a team that is fully built to handle a ton of enemies and they cannot bring down a 900k JtR in a reasonable time because no one in this event has enough power or a weakness multiplier to actually get more damage on her. The most I can get without critical a is about 40k off an Okita Buster powered up by all busters and the fact that she has three round NP makes that moot as hell because she will kill one of my heavy hitters and then pick off my team from there as the shittier sabers pile in to get cut down.

Literally all I am missing from the higher end damage buffs is MHX

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 29, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Jack whittled down my team and support and it was down to Lvl 50 Lily and Gilles. I had the London Mystic Code on, so I was able to defeat her by filling Lily's NP gauge two times to get that HP down.

Still, pretty BS though, I agree.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I managed today's assassin boss with a friend Tamamo. Built up Arturia's NP on the flesh golem things, popped it first turn on the boss to clear the Chimeras, kept building NP while using skills to delay the enemy NP. On the turn Jack's NP was going to go off, I used the servant switch master skill to keep Arturia safe. Meanwhile Tamamo got some hits in. The NP hit one of my fodder servants instead, switching Arturia back in right away. From there it was easy to blow away the last 200k HP that was left.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
None of my friend have caster out, so i say gently caress it and bring out my Jeanne.

No one died. :zoro:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
For whatever reason none of my friends have Jeanne's as their leaders anymore. All I see is Saber's, as far as the eye can see, just Sabers except for my Karna friend.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Baal posted:

For whatever reason none of my friends have Jeanne's as their leaders anymore. All I see is Saber's, as far as the eye can see, just Sabers except for my Karna friend.

I can switch my main for Jeanne in a moment if you need it, maybe you'll get her. You'd prefer a Star of Artoria or Kaleidoscope?

Also, I've finally managed to savescum my way to beating today's 10 AP. I'm really not looking forward to Monday's...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's no point now and I'm half-joking. I'm mostly just bored with this event and have tired of it faster than every other event. It doesn't help that it just emphasizes some of the game's worst aspects to me more than others.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Two more weeks and we will have the collab! :argh:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do we have an idea of what it could be

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

More details later, i guess next week would be the usual announcement time unless they have a random rate up event to distract you.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm hoping the leak will be true and it will be a Madoka collab, but then again the leak was wrong about Galacticalily so it'll probably be something lovely like some other loving gacha game that isn't even based on a popular franchise.

Or Kancolle, i guess. Probably Kancolle.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Im playing fate route and I can see sabers bare bum :)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
But can you see her bare breasts

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Baal posted:

But can you see her bare breasts

theres a little sideboob at present, will keep you posted

E: I think shirou may be having a seizure

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Or Kancolle, i guess. Probably Kancolle.

Oh god, please no. PLEASE NO

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kancolle's cool

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Kancolle actually looks pretty epic but i never really bothered playing it because it seems like a lot of effort

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

play touhou, imo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Admiral Isoroku Rider with Yamato beside him.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Namtab posted:

play touhou, imo

I want a Touhou gacha game

laith_rem
May 9, 2015

Nyaa posted:

Two more weeks and we will have the collab! :argh:

Collab has been confirmed for the latter half of February so first a Valentine's event

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Aumanor posted:

How the gently caress is the most recent quest not hard?

Maybe I lucked out? Had Attila (max bloom and lv 89), lily (lv 70, kaleido), two arturia's star and friend okita with max bloom. Didn't get Photon Ray charged on time so I used her buff, switched her out for Caesar, used all the other buffs (plugsuit buff included) and went Caliburn -> Sandanzuki -> some Buster I forgot, which killed the chimeras and did a nice chunk of damage on Jack. Also used Gandr so she was stunned, then it was just lots of hitting. I think I managed to pull off Sandanzuki a 2nd time. (Ah no Jack killed her at 97%. I managed to use Photon Ray on a Attila brave chain tho) She pulled her NP off twice, once on Lily and then on Attila chained into Okita but at that point she had 11k HP left so Gilles, Fergus and Caesar cleaned up. Not very hard, overall.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 30, 2016

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Honestly, would have been easy if the RNG hadn't tried its very hardest to gently caress me over. Still managed to get it done without a continue. And by very hardest, I mean poo poo like Jack exclusively targeting the Okita that had just filled her NP bar and every single one of her attacks in that round being a crit, killing said Okita from like 7k health, and later on proceeding to give me 5 cards for my Caster over the course of ~30 cards(5 rounds+a card change).

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Lord Koth posted:

Honestly, would have been easy if the RNG hadn't tried its very hardest to gently caress me over. Still managed to get it done without a continue. And by very hardest, I mean poo poo like Jack exclusively targeting the Okita that had just filled her NP bar and every single one of her attacks in that round being a crit, killing said Okita from like 7k health, and later on proceeding to give me 5 cards for my Caster over the course of ~30 cards(5 rounds+a card change).

That card change might've screwed you over because we've tested on BL before and it turns out it will always deal the 15 possible cards in a 3-turn period.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Anyone got a maxxed Altera with the Lily bloom? I need her to farm Scathach. :(

I blew my last 40 AP of the night when Scath got a lucky crit and insta killed my level 82 Okita support despite having evasion.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Freak Futanari posted:

Kancolle actually looks pretty epic but i never really bothered playing it because it seems like a lot of effort

Do you enjoy EVE?

Do you enjoy EVE where every single thing is RNG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

InfinityComplex posted:

Do you enjoy EVE?

Do you enjoy EVE where every single thing is RNG?

And Kancolle events make 1mil health dragons look fun by comparison.