Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax
has homeless santa been sacked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EightAce posted:

I honestly don't know if I was him Id gently caress off back to Germany and write a tell all book. Like the one I'm planning

:eyepop: Woah :eyepop:

I'll buy a jpeg of it

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I asked:

1. How can you justify selling $10,000 and $15,000 space pixels? Shouldnt you deliver the product that was originally presented in the crowdfunding?

2. Is Sandi Gardiner Chris Roberts wife and why is that a big secret?

3. What is the release date of this game? Googling Star Citizen lands me on articles saying the original release date was 2014..

permabanned

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty sure that this thread accounts for over half their chat activity.

Good job guys, some of those questions had me lolin.

(The are there there going to be different kinds of fuel we can pump up our pilot's rear end? is the one I remember, because I'm eight years-old).

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He doesn't deserve to be treated the way he has.

if it's any consolation it's ALL YOU'RE FAULT

i hope that's how consolation works

sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro
It's really jarring have Maxxina whisper to my obvious junk questions.

EightAce posted:

I honestly don't know if I was him Id gently caress off back to Germany and write a tell all book. Like the one I'm planning

I would buy this as quickly as I bought The Disaster Artist.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

crew posted:

I asked:

1. How can you justify selling $10,000 and $15,000 space pixels? Shouldnt you deliver the product that was originally presented in the crowdfunding?

3. What is the release date of this game? Googling Star Citizen lands me on articles saying the original release date was 2014..

permabanned

wow all I had to do was suggest that they free pgabz and versecommando

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

EightAce posted:

I would so buy this book.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Next week everyone use the word commando as much as possible.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
So apparently my favourite activity when drunk (according to my flat mate, my memory goes so poo poo when I drink hideous amounts) is watching videos of star citizen while playing David Bowies Starman at full volume and laughing hysterically. I'm not sure what this says about me as a human being.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

crew posted:

I asked:

permabanned

drat. I only asked if Gary Oldman was a romantic option in squadron 42.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EightAce posted:

Do a kickstarter for it for some delicious irony points (but write it first)

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He doesn't deserve to be treated the way he has.

No way he's a really nice guy . If a little overawed by the dev staff.

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

:ohdear:

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

i'm pretty sure the twitch feed was 100% trolls

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but that guy is a meta-troll. He's all over the place and pretty funny, to be honest.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

I_still_trust_cig was behind the brilliant sausage citizen campaign of tuesday i think

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
In seriousness though, why hasn't some form of parody game being crowdfunded to troll SC?

It could be called 'Cult civilian' or 'asylum resident' .

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

vyst posted:

Some of these questions are so ridiculous i cant tell if they are trolls.

Yeah, that really is the best part.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I saw someone ask twice about if all the Squadron 42 episodes come with the game or not, and didn't see an answer in chat or on the stream.

I assume that they're going to charge separately for each episode, yeah?

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

Happy Sisyphus posted:

I_still_trust_cig was behind the brilliant sausage citizen campaign of tuesday i think

What is sausage citizen and where can I buy one?

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

:wink:

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

vyst posted:

Some of these questions are so ridiculous i cant tell if they are trolls.

im still deciding whether that guy asking about stabilized eyeballs was a troll or not lmao

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Deki posted:

I saw someone ask twice about if all the Squadron 42 episodes come with the game or not, and didn't see an answer in chat or on the stream.

I assume that they're going to charge separately for each episode, yeah?

They will see how much can they get away with and do that. It's their modus operandi. (Overpromise, underdeliver is their philosophy)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Please dont shoot me in your non-existent game USS Trollkiller

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

trucutru posted:

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but that guy is a meta-troll. He's all over the place and pretty funny, to be honest.

I don't know what to think any more

:negative:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

crew posted:

Please dont shoot me in your non-existent game USS Trollkiller

Too late Derekian scum! You'll wish you were born in the stimpire instead of having met me.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

WebDog posted:

Any capable animation system will have it so you can have someone walking and talking with independent cylces systems controlling the face separate from the head and from the body. So you can have a mo-cap walk cycle independent of a hand animated talk cycle.

CryEngine can do this and it uses the Annosoft synch engine which can match up with a text and voice recognition system much like Valve's. You then go in and add expressions to the rest of the face so it doesn't look dead.

Now most lip synch animation doesn't aim to replicate a human mouth 100% as we don't snap to set positions when talking so animating every phoneme would look a bit bizarre or take up a ton of time so visemes were developed as a shorthand to easily mimic human speech in an animated form.

Now each head model has to have it's phonemes and visemes modelled in Maya beforehand so the synch can merge the correct mouth positions. I suspect if you tried a one size fits all you'd start distorting the model.

I suspect they have taken data of all of the actors pulling their best parrrrp face to use as a backup for any redo on dialogues without zipping them into a gimp suit for the day....but they love the hard way....

Mocap facial animation still requires to be passed through Maya/Max and cleaned up (like removing all of Sandi's blinking) and then attached to a face rig and exported out. The main problem is a basic 3D head in a game doesn't have as much detail and flexibility as you would for a movie so compromises have to be made for it to work.
It's really disingenuous smoke and mirrors to be showing off cinema level mo-cap systems in your promotional videos where you are ultimately using only a fraction of it's power.

Compare this to something like Force Unleashed's method where they only used facial capture (adapted from ILM's CloneCam) but had multiple actors in the room so they could play off each other and react. The animators did the rest by hand.

I believe CR sees mocap combined with realtime 3d rendering tech as a movie production silver bullet. All you need is the big names to perform the major scenes and everything else is easy. After all you just tweak animation data a little and the game engine takes care of the rest.

Perfect for a hack that can't get it right ahead of time. In his head he can do what he always did, but now he has so much time afterwards to tweak it and make it perfect.

CR has basically gone all in on the idea that if he keeps polishing his own poo poo he is going to get gold.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Happy Sisyphus posted:

"I want women added to the game but not for perv reason it's just that my wife keeps calling the game 'Sausage Citizen' and to be honest, she's right."

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I wondered where hobolando was, so checked his twitter

Run hobo run!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

they don't verify emails

even if they did, you could add a random period to your gmail account, it ignores periods

Star Citizen: Periods ignored. gently caress at will.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
i_still_trust_cig needs an account (if they don't already have one :monocle:)

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

G0RF posted:

"I want women added to the game but not for perv reason it's just that my wife keeps calling the game 'Sausage Citizen' and to be honest, she's right."

:master:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

G0RF posted:

Only let the brat cry for thirty minutes this time. See what you goons make me do?!

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My understanding, as best I can, is that this is how it will work:

Squadron 42 will be divided into 3 Episodes. Episode 1 is what people are paying for, Episode 2 is what older backers get, Episode 3 everyone pays for.

Episode 1 will be divided into 5 Chapters. Likely backers will only see Chapter 1 this year. Each Chapter has about 15 hours of gameplay.

Dogfighting will be identical to what's already inside Arena Commander.

All of the performance capture done thus far is just for Episode 1.

Here's another question:

[QUESTION] How many actual hours of gameplay will there be in Episode 1 of Squadron 42?

I look forward to the eventual release of Squadron 42, Volume 1, Fascicle 1, Episode 1, Chapter 1, Act 1, Missio
[STACK OVERFLOW]

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Erenthal posted:

Huddled together in the dark massive amphitheater that was CIG Santa Monica’s pressroom:words:

This is from many pages ago but I wanted to say it was really good, I got a great vision of everything. Erenthal, you have a way with words friend!

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

trucutru posted:

Pretty sure that this thread accounts for over half their chat activity.

Good job guys, some of those questions had me lolin.

(The are there there going to be different kinds of fuel we can pump up our pilot's rear end? is the one I remember, because I'm eight years-old).
This needs to happen every week! o7

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Romes128 posted:

lol at them pitching their open positions.

Lol. I'm glad I didn't apply for a customer service position in the Austin office like Bootcha suggested several months ago. Then again, as a female, I probably wouldn't have been hired.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x87pSeevIY&t=5s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

That is a genious at work.

We need subtle geniuses in this fight, let this man be an example to future trolls of SC.

• Locked thread