Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, there's a scene where she rips a lock of a locker. And the the lock breaks, not the lovely sheet-metal that it's locked through.

That's just hollywood locks though. Every time I see someone in a movie bash a lock of someone I just want to know how many people involved in the production just went "yeah it's unrealistic, but whatever". Like there's no reason for realism to get in the way of a good story, but replace it with anything else stupidly unrealistic. Like what if every time the hero was blocked in by another car they frantically tried to lift the other car out of the way and eventually succeeded. And this didn't happen in just one movie, it became a thing that lots of movies and shows just did because it was a convenient symbol for temporary obstacle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Barry Convex posted:

Sarandos clarified that JJ S2's timing depends on Defenders (which is contractually obligated to begin production by a certain date), so it sounds like it's a ways off.

The producers of "Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23" have been toying around with a Christmas/one off special and mentioned that filming it would have to be precise because Ritter is expected to return to film for JJ sometime later this year. I kind of doubt she'd be returning to film Defenders since Iron Fist hasn't been cast yet, but they could also film JJ S2 this year and just have it in the can to air whenever assuming Iron Fist and Defenders are going to be airing in 2017.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nothing I read specified if they meant JJ season 2 has to start before, or after Defenders.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Nothing I read specified if they meant JJ season 2 has to start before, or after Defenders.

Their original goal was to have one season of DD, JJ, IF and LC and then have Defenders. But that obviously changed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

Their original goal was to have one season of DD, JJ, IF and LC and then have Defenders. But that obviously changed.

Right, Daredevil season 2 and JJ season 2 are separate deals for those specific seasons, they don't change anything about that initial deal The only concern is time.

Netflix wants to run 2 a year so they don't get overdone, so that means Defenders is 2018 at the earliest if JJ season 2 happens next year. If the contract stipulates 2017 then JJ season 2 has to be after Defenders.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Have Netflix confirmed that it'll still only be 2 a year? Cause I mean, I could easily see them changing their mind given how well liked Daredevil and Jessica Jones appear to be and thinking maybe 3 or 4 a year won't hurt.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Aphrodite posted:

True, but since we know Defenders has to start filming by a certain date and that the original deal with Netflix didn't include any second seasons, it's more likely after, unless Marvel renegotiated the Defenders start date.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

tsob posted:

Have Netflix confirmed that it'll still only be 2 a year? Cause I mean, I could easily see them changing their mind given how well liked Daredevil and Jessica Jones appear to be and thinking maybe 3 or 4 a year won't hurt.

Its also possible that it will be 2 per year but that Defenders won't count in that. Especially since it's apparently going to be shorter.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Man the re-dubbed audio lines Krysten Ritter has in all the action scenes is so very bad. It's always one quick line in the middle of a scene, "you're being mind controlled, assholes!" and "I don't want to hurt you!", etc. I don't mean badly acted, it's just always on a completely different sound and even tone level than everything else going on and really stands out but they keep putting them in every drat time.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Botnit posted:

Man the re-dubbed audio lines Krysten Ritter has in all the action scenes is so very bad. It's always one quick line in the middle of a scene, "you're being mind controlled, assholes!" and "I don't want to hurt you!", etc. I don't mean badly acted, it's just always on a completely different sound and even tone level than everything else going on and really stands out but they keep putting them in every drat time.

Yeah there's some bad ADR in JJ.

The worst line in the entire series is in one of the later episodes she's moving through a crowd and makes some offhand comment about "breeders" and not only does it feel completely out of place, it sticks out like a sore thumb because it's dubbed in really conspicuously.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I thought Jessica Jones ended up being really good. Not as good as DD, but still really good. It was funny talking to a friend who watched them in reverse order. She argued that DD should've killed Kingpin too. It's was a good debate of why that wouldn't have worked in Daredevil and why it slid by in JJ.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, DD killing Fisk wouldn't have accomplished anything that putting him in jail wouldn't have. DD's desire to kill him was all about his anger and desire for vengeance. Jessica killed Kilgrave because really its the only way to safely stop him. His power is just too dangerous and the Marvel Cinematic world isn't remotely up to snuff on dealing with poo poo like that. Outside of having Agent Caulson swoop in to throw him in some special cell there's no real solution for Kilgrave. And any viewer of Agents of SHIELD knows that never works either.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, DD killing Fisk wouldn't have accomplished anything that putting him in jail wouldn't have. DD's desire to kill him was all about his anger and desire for vengeance. Jessica killed Kilgrave because really its the only way to safely stop him. His power is just too dangerous and the Marvel Cinematic world isn't remotely up to snuff on dealing with poo poo like that. Outside of having Agent Caulson swoop in to throw him in some special cell there's no real solution for Kilgrave. And any viewer of Agents of SHIELD knows that never works either.

Look at this person who thinks that Kingpin won't get out of jail even more powerful than when he went in...

edit: this shouldn't be necisarry, but I guess I should make myself perfectly clear: I'm not saying Matt should have killed Kingpin, I'm saying that it would have accomplished something that putting him in jail didn't.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Snak posted:

Look at this person who thinks that Kingpin won't get out of jail even more powerful than when he went in...

edit: this shouldn't be necisarry, but I guess I should make myself perfectly clear: I'm not saying Matt should have killed Kingpin, I'm saying that it would have accomplished something that putting him in jail didn't.

Eh, his wife would have just kept the evil stuff going. Or whoever worked with that money guy. Or some other nameless guy. You can't stop corporate greed and gentrification by killing one evil rich guy.

You can however stop "mind control crime spree" by killing the one known mind controlling sociopath serial killer.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Eh, his wife would have just kept the evil stuff going. Or whoever worked with that money guy. Or some other nameless guy. You can't stop corporate greed and gentrification by killing one evil rich guy.

None of those things were stopped by putting him in jail either?

I meant literally what I said. I was being pedantic. Killing him would stop some things that imprisoning him did not.

I didn't claim that it would fix the loving world.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

CommaToes posted:

The main thing that bothered me was that when Jessica ripped a lock off the door or she tore a grate off the window there was no dust or splinters or anything. It looked like it was poorly glued on.

I was bothered by her superhuman jumping ability only being good enough to just be able to grasp the balcony's railing, no matter how high it is. And then grunt and struggle as she tries to climb over it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Doctor Butts posted:

I was bothered by her superhuman jumping ability only being good enough to just be able to grasp the balcony's railing, no matter how high it is.

She just prefers to grab that rather than jump over into something she can't see.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Butts posted:

I was bothered by her superhuman jumping ability only being good enough to just be able to grasp the balcony's railing, no matter how high it is.

yeah but like, isn't the issue with her jumping/flying ability that she's bad at controlling it? So if she is just bad at judging how hard to jump, that could happen...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd be surprised if we saw Kingpin next season for more than just a last-episode stinger.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

I'd be surprised if we saw Kingpin next season for more than just a last-episode stinger.

Oh yeah, I assume if he's coming back it will be in the hypothetical season 3 or later.

Edit: of course if he starts doing poo poo from prison in the next season, that would be a great example for Punisher to throw in DD's face about why killing bad guys is better.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
I'd be okay with Kingpin rotting in jail forever. I was never impressed with him in the comics. Wooo another invincible villain! That's what we need!

Bring back Typhoid Mary. She's the real MVP.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Snak posted:

yeah but like, isn't the issue with her jumping/flying ability that she's bad at controlling it? So if she is just bad at judging how hard to jump, that could happen...

Ok but just once I'd like to see her jump too high.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

HIJK posted:

Bring back Typhoid Mary. She's the real MVP.

qft, let's get some early 90s shoulderpad action going in here

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Snak posted:

Oh yeah, I assume if he's coming back it will be in the hypothetical season 3 or later.

Edit: of course if he starts doing poo poo from prison in the next season, that would be a great example for Punisher to throw in DD's face about why killing bad guys is better.

Plus, after DD gets Punisher thrown in jail at the end of the season it'll lead to the Punisher's first season being a MCU version of OZ with less rape and more sociopathic monologuing.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Plus, after DD gets Punisher thrown in jail at the end of the season it'll lead to the Punisher's first season being a MCU version of OZ with less rape and more sociopathic monologuing.

I imagine Punisher in jail would be a lot like Rorschach in jail.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

zoux posted:

I kind of assumed we'd still be seeing a good bit of him as he comes in to his own as the ill intent and consolidated his empire proper from within prison.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Xealot posted:

I imagine Punisher in jail would be a lot like Rorschach in jail.

I imagine the guards would like Punisher and help him out unlike they did with Rorschach.

Which would make for an interesting development when Punisher finds out about the guards are up to their eyeballs in illegal poo poo.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Gyges posted:

I imagine the guards would like Punisher and help him out unlike they did with Rorschach.

Which would make for an interesting development when Punisher finds out about the guards are up to their eyeballs in illegal poo poo.

In one of the Punisher's solo runs the Warden straight up offers Frank money and tech support after he saves the Warden from getting killed in a riot so this could happen.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Regarding Jessica's jumping: Remember, even though she is strong, she still feels pain and has breakable skin. The ability to jump high doesn't mean the landing won't hurt. This is especially true if you are not an acrobat and are bad at falling.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nelson posted:

Regarding Jessica's jumping: Remember, even though she is strong, she still feels pain and has breakable skin. The ability to jump high doesn't mean the landing won't hurt. This is especially true if you are not an acrobat and are bad at falling.

She's largely protected from the landing due to her powers. It just comes across as jumping because she's so bad at it she just kind of flails through the air.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's in the comic. In the show she can't play, or at least does not believe she can and they're saving it for a later reveal.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

HIJK posted:

In one of the Punisher's solo runs the Warden straight up offers Frank money and tech support after he saves the Warden from getting killed in a riot so this could happen.

Come to think of it, I would totally be down for Season 3 being The Devil in Cell Block D.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I could have sworn she flew away from super soldier and his "boys" with Kilgrave on her shoulder.

Dol
Feb 16, 2007

odiv posted:

I could have sworn she flew away from super soldier and his "boys" with Kilgrave on her shoulder.

She did. Jessica can fly, she's just not very good at it due to lack of practice.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Come to think of it, I would totally be down for Season 3 being The Devil in Cell Block D.

Don't Trust the D in Cell 23?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
In cell 23 The D is the only thing you can count on.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

In cell 23 The D is the only thing you can count on.

Giggity.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Snak posted:

Don't Trust the D in Cell 23?

Who can Dreama Walker play in season 2 of JJ?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/JessicaJones/status/691672922595807234

Here's a link to a larger verison of the picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm November 2016 perhaps!!!