Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AugmentedVision posted:

Has anyone yet pointed out that this monstrosity would have a net rotational inertia unless the boxes are of different weights? I know, there are computers to compensate for gyroscopic precession when turning, and it's not at all that the people designing this hard sci-fi full of fidelity don't know high school physics.

quote:

How Engines Work

All spacecraft performance is based on a linear series of engine components which can be upgraded in thousands of possible combinations. Pilots will treat their engine systems like their PCs, adding modifiers to increase the performance, upgrading the engine as though it were a CPU and even overclocking them (and risking flame-outs!)

Intakes are the hydrogen ram scoops on the front of the spacecraft which fuel it by gathering spaceborne hydrogen.. Upgrades alter the effectiveness and the profile of the vehicle; the more effectively a ship takes in fuel the more efficient its engines. The tradeoff is that, unless countermeasures are installed, this also increases the radar signature. The appearance of the ship is altered as well: more primitive intakes look like physical fan blades, others glow different colors as heat capacity increases.

Let me tell you about physics in space citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

trucutru posted:

Ah, so one fifth of a third of half the complete package will be ready. Where to I pledge?

I DID warn you all that the only way that SQ42 - in ANY form will see 2016, is if they chopped it up.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

AP posted:

I'm sure he's a nice guy but the CIG customer support staff twitter accounts all follow that Kevin Dent guy. Now I could see them chatting and following Dickwulf or any of the other crazy fans of the game, good sense to keep the whales sweet that have your bosses direct email address and might send you pizza, but Dent wasn't interested in the game, just trolling Derek with bollocks.

Customer support staff aren't immune to being taken in by all this too and that's not even considering their paycheck comes from it.

They get paid gently caress all and are led to believe they are game.developers which they are not. They are normally young and pretty nieve. You could train a rhesus monkey to do their job. The sort of bellend that follows them or interacts with them on social media etc are equally as clueless so blind leading the blind.
Also have to add that from what I know Derek is wrong about the money, there is reserves and they won't be running out Q1 2016.
I'm not questioning you or your sources Del boy so don't go mean angel on me..... But......I have different info

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Part of me wonders if the same thing is happening to Jared, but then I see him say the craziest poo poo without even flinching and I just assume that he's fully immersed in the Cult of Chris.

Jared comes across as someone that just does not care, this is fun for him, but if CIG falls he will just move on to the next job. I just don't think he cares, funny enough he still manages to look like he is more interested in SC then either Sandi or Ben.

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.

tooterfish posted:

I still don't understand why they opened four studios.

I don't mean that rhetorically, I actually mean, why the gently caress did they open four studios thousands of miles (and in one case a whole ocean) apart?

How else could Chris and Sandi justify jetsetting while also writing it off as a business expense?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to London to try out for a bit part supervise something or other.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Startling revelations

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Popular Human posted:

poo poo, 60k a day is 21 Million Dollars PER YEAR. People are kicking that much to CIG while all this drama is flying around.

It's still been only weeks since they released the most content they have ever released. You have to add the sales on top of that too, but making $60k a day for a few weeks is not normal, it won't and can't last, I'm sure it's nice though. They always have to be planning the next sale, three ships in concept, or the next content release.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

trucutru posted:

Let me tell you about physics in space citizen.

lol just lol

Actually CIG's ever lessening emphasis physical realism was the first occurrence of scope shrink and it started a long time ago. Makes u think

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

EightAce posted:

They get paid gently caress all and are led to believe they are game.developers which they are not. They are normally young and pretty nieve. You could train a rhesus monkey to do their job. The sort of bellend that follows them or interacts with them on social media etc are equally as clueless so blind leading the blind.
Also have to add that from what I know Derek is wrong about the money, there is reserves and they won't be running out Q1 2016.
I'm not questioning you or your sources Del boy so don't go mean angel on me..... But......I have different info

:shittypop:

Don't let Reddit hear Derek is wrong!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Neither one of them is the same caliber as Jason, Alex or any of the others who have left.

And Randy is not a producer.

Heck, these guys were hired back in 2015.

That's why I'm linking their linkedin's Derek. They said Randy had changed to be a producer on the poo poo web show.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Daztek posted:

:shittypop:

Don't let Reddit hear Derek is wrong!

We need a team Derek and team EightAce t-shirt kickstarter.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

That's why I'm linking their linkedin's Derek. They said Randy had changed to be a producer on the poo poo web show.

i think he means he's not an established producer.

and he was probably promoted so they can be like "look we have producers! dont worry guys!"

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

If you look at Eric the Producer's resume on LinkedIn his experience in game design is in cinematics.

This points to either that they are going to scrap the game entirely and turn it into a digital movie. Also hinted at by Ben when he mentioned TellTale's games.

Or it means they have no idea what they are doing.

EDIT: Sorry it says that he's the cinematic producer on IMDB. Even more telling.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

The guy who makes JPEGs can say he has "shipped a game".

That's not how that works.

A snr producer has a specific role that requires a specific skillset to qualify for that job position. That's why it's one of the most difficult positions to fill. Bar none.

Neither Eric Davis, nor Randy Vasquez will fill that role anywhere other than at CIG.

In fact, Randy is a technical designer (totally different role) and not a producer, let alone a snr producer

Ex:

Travis Day https://www.linkedin.com/in/travis-day-62bbb27

Alex Mayberry : https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-mayberry-166325

Yes. Pretty much.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/693181420001435648

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/693181649538912256

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/693181887439884288

oh whew, it says cook

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Wafflz posted:

oh whew, it says cook

I refuse to believe it was actually supposed to say that.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

if beer's right (and he pays way more attention to the actual dev than I do beyond laughing at pgabz's videos) then they're looking to draw at minimum 7 and max 15 separate "iterations" of SQ42 out of this

and every release could well be interspersed with "PU still in maintenance mode, sorry guys gently caress you for the audacity of even thinking of interrupting me when I make my masterpiece you filthy bags of poo poo"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Romes128 posted:

i think he means he's not an established producer.

and he was probably promoted so they can be like "look we have producers! dont worry guys!"

Yeah, I know what Derek means, I just post so much I expect people to use their brains and follow links or I get too wordy. I'm also telling Derek they said that guy had changed to be a producer on the show as he might not know.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

fuzzknot posted:

I refuse to believe it was actually supposed to say that.

I think it's confirmed he's using backer money to pay for a personal chef.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Ashamed of Being Homeless, haha. She's a character who is unemployed and weighing the decision of whether to pay her rent or buy a new space jpeg. She's gotten so far one offer to buy a constellation for her so she can avoid being homeless.

Poe's law though seriously. No way to tell anymore if people are just trolling or actually serious. And it's fantastic.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Fried Watermelon posted:

If you look at Eric the Producer's resume on LinkedIn his experience in game design is in cinematics.

This points to either that they are going to scrap the game entirely and turn it into a digital movie. Also hinted at by Ben when he mentioned TellTale's games.

EDIT: Sorry it says that he's the cinematic producer on IMDB. Even more telling.

Another simple explanation is that game producers aren't as happy as cinematic producers at CIG. So if they have to pass the job on to someone who's been there a while... "but your job title is almost the same, it's can't be that different!"

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Klyith posted:

A number of years before he died, Ebert got bone cancer and had to have his jaw removed. GIS and you see the result. :(

Euurck!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Wafflz posted:

I think it's confirmed he's using backer money to pay for a personal chef.

Many a true word spoken in jest.
He has a stylist and nutritionist not a joke.
You don't get to look that good without a bit of help.
I do know that his hair infuriates him, whatever he does and no matter how hard he tries his hair looks poo poo.
It looks like a syrup and a loving bad one at that

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
So a personal chef, a stylist and a nutritionist walk into a space bar.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

EightAce posted:

I do know that his hair infuriates him, whatever he does and no matter how hard he tries his hair looks poo poo.

His stylist appears to be as good at his job as his community managers.

e: if his chef cooks for ben he seems to be pretty ace

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

EightAce, are there arguments and resentments over allocated car parking spaces in the UK office? I just wondered as it's the type of trivial bollocks I'd expect to be going on while everything is in flames.

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

According to some shitizens, whoever made that fake chris roberts game cancellation image committed fraud and is going to PRISON. :allears:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

EightAce posted:

I find this more plausible than pending doom. They do not yet act like a company having a real cash crisis.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 2, 2016

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

EightAce posted:

He has a stylist

Is that who told him not to put cargo pants in the game?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Ok, I changed my mind. The Peter Principle is in full effect — another pattern checked off on the list.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

KM Scorchio posted:

So apparently my favourite activity when drunk (according to my flat mate, my memory goes so poo poo when I drink hideous amounts) is watching videos of star citizen while playing David Bowies Starman at full volume and laughing hysterically. I'm not sure what this says about me as a human being.

Only good things, friend, only good things.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

HexDog posted:

According to some shitizens, whoever made that fake chris roberts game cancellation image committed fraud and is going to PRISON. :allears:

link!

EightAce
May 10, 2015

AP posted:

EightAce, are there arguments and resentments over allocated car parking spaces in the UK office? I just wondered as it's the type of trivial bollocks I'd expect to be going on while everything is in flames.

Only arguments with other companies.
There is another games company in the same building as well, so it's shared.
Chris has a helipad on the roof and there is a special room with a mirror and a Pentagram in it. Occasionally you can hear chanting and then... She... Appears Shudder!

EightAce fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 29, 2016

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Wafflz posted:

if his chef cooks for ben he seems to be pretty ace

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=203785&page=188

Starts about halfway down.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

these gifs killed me :vince:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

All ready for my first trip into th' V on this lovely free fly weekend, but it looks like I need a ship!

Oh, wait, you don't have to get a ship...that big red X is just there to mislead you into the JPEG store.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

HexDog posted:

Please link, please link, please link

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Foul Ole Ron posted:

In seriousness though, why hasn't some form of parody game being crowdfunded to troll SC?

It could be called 'Cult civilian' or 'asylum resident' .

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1398772708/1494487578/description

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

AP posted:

$30 - White Citizens Card (Scout)
$40 - White Citizens Card (Mercenary)
$60 - Green Citizens Card (Bounty Hunter)
$125 - Bronze Citizens Card (Colonel/Freelancer)
$250 - Silver Citizens Card (Rear Admiral)
$500 - Gold Citizens Card (Vice Admiral)
$1,000 - Platinum Citizens Card (High Admiral)
$2,500 - Platinum Citizens Card (Grand Admiral)
$5,000 - Black Citizens Card (Space Marshal)
$10,000 - Titanium Citizens Card (Wing Commander)

(posting from 13 pages back) This should be in the OP and on every page cause nobody reads the OP. also it's pretty clear that chris roberts doesn't understand space military ranks, that should have been a big red flag for all these donors (if they were looking for red flags). also this seems like some kind of weird space caste system where citizens with white through bronze IDs are not allowed to apply for certain unalienable rights like air and water, while the black and titanium IDs get to live it up in fancy pants space cantinas living off the slave labor of lesser citizens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Oh man thats pretty funny. I love arm chair lawyers with 0 knowledge of law.

• Locked thread