Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Here's another Stellaris interview fresh off the press
http://www.pcinvasion.com/stellaris-interview-henrik-fahraeus-on-taking-paradox-into-space

Only new info (to me) is that they're beta testing and reaching the finish line.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Baronjutter posted:

Here's another Stellaris interview fresh off the press
http://www.pcinvasion.com/stellaris-interview-henrik-fahraeus-on-taking-paradox-into-space

Only new info (to me) is that they're beta testing and reaching the finish line.

That sounds great, some people speculated about a late 2016 or even early 2017 release, which would have really sucked.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I really hope they do some sort of World War Wednesday style thing soon for Stellaris. Four X Friday? Stellaris Sunday?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Torrannor posted:

That sounds great, some people speculated about a late 2016 or even early 2017 release, which would have really sucked.
Late 16 is still looking like the safe bet, taking in beta testers is slightly different from marking a line in the sand proclaiming feature complete. The topics of the dev diaries and screenshots still being labeled alpha show there's still a fair amount of work left before they get into polishing mode.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Also keep in mind that the studio is unlikely to release HOI4 and Stellaris right next to each other even if they do finish development at the same time. With the huge overlap in audiences they both probably have they'd just be competing with themselves.

In a perfect world maybe one would be released in Q2 and the other in Q4 or something but who knows how it will end up. And neither have public release dates yet so what are the chances they'll announce next week "oh yeah its done, it'll hit shelves next week. Enjoy!"?

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 29, 2016

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

They did announce the most recent ck2 dlc like a week before release.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Nitrousoxide posted:

They did announce the most recent ck2 dlc like a week before release.

More like three weeks, but it's still a very short timespan. CK2wiki doesn't even have an article about Conclave yet!

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Darkrenown posted:

China won't have a special one in release. Focus trees are certainly a good thing to add in DLCs though!

Oh cool. How ahistorical are you guys planning on going with DLC? Like say would it someday be possible to pull a DDRjake as Bhutan and build the a-bomb and a fleet of supercarriers?

Psychotic Weasel posted:

And neither have public release dates yet so what are the chances they'll announce next week "oh yeah its done, it'll hit shelves next week. Enjoy!"?

When Stellaris first leaked it had a late-February release date on the Steam page. I'm assuming that's probably not gonna happen, but compared to HOI where they just did a dev diary showcasing changes to a feature they'd showed in an earlier dev diary, the Stellaris ones seem like they've mostly got it down already? :shrug: I'm not expecting it really but I wouldn't be shocked either if it's a Q1 title. Johan explicitly said they're not gonna release HOI and Stellaris close together, so if HOI is still a 2016 deal then I don't think Stellaris is so far off.

Koramei fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 29, 2016

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Is there an EU4 mod or something that automates combat?

I love the game but I really hate all the clicky-clicky, cat-and-mouse, blink-and-your-whole-army-is-wiped-out stuff. I just wanna chill out and slowly build my empire on a grand scale, not worry about individual little battles and sieges.

It would be cool if I could just build my army, declare a war, and then say to my AI general "hey try and win this war".

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Koramei posted:

Oh cool. How ahistorical are you guys planning on going with DLC? Like say would it someday be possible to pull a DDRjake as Bhutan and build the a-bomb and a fleet of supercarriers?

When Stellaris first leaked it had a late-February release date on the Steam page. I'm assuming that's probably not gonna happen, but compared to HOI where they just did a dev diary showcasing changes to a feature they'd showed in an earlier dev diary, the Stellaris ones seem like they've mostly got it down already? :shrug: I'm not expecting it really but I wouldn't be shocked either if it's a Q1 title. Johan explicitly said they're not gonna release HOI and Stellaris close together, so if HOI is still a 2016 deal then I don't think Stellaris is so far off.

There was a longish Polygon interview with Johan that got posted a few pages back. It reported that the goal is to have the game out "later this year" I think. It also said or at least implied that Johan got brought into the project in like 2014-15 because it wasn't looking very good and he's been whipping it into shape.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Also keep in mind that the studio is unlikely to release HOI4 and Stellaris right next to each other even if they do finish development at the same time. With the huge overlap in audiences they both probably have they'd just be competing with themselves.

In a perfect world maybe one would be released in Q2 and the other in Q4 or something but who knows how it will end up. And neither have public release dates yet so what are the chances they'll announce next week "oh yeah its done, it'll hit shelves next week. Enjoy!"?

Thought I read somewhere Paradox wouldn't do a major release in Q4 period. Also, releasing Stellaris near Civ 6 and would be a way worse idea than near HOI4.

I'm rooting for Stellaris first though. Need that poo poo in my veins right now.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Bold Robot posted:

There was a longish Polygon interview with Johan that got posted a few pages back. It reported that the goal is to have the game out "later this year" I think. It also said or at least implied that Johan got brought into the project in like 2014-15 because it wasn't looking very good and he's been whipping it into shape.

Oh I hadn't read that, I guess I should. That's.. a bit worrying though, if it wasn't so good.

whoah what

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
You didn't miss any Civ VI announcement, it's just a (probably reasonable) assumption that 6 is coming before the holidays this year.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Brad Wardell of Stardock claimed this:

quote:

Next year all the 4X’s are going to come out. What I write below is not under some NDA. I know it because it’s my job to know it.

Let me walk you through the schedule:

1H2016: Stellaris, Master of Orion

2H2016: Civilization VI, Endless Space 2

Absum
May 28, 2013

Bold Robot posted:

Koramei posted:

Oh I hadn't read that, I guess I should. That's.. a bit worrying though, if it wasn't so good.

That interview was about HoI4.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Oh yeah I shoulda specified, I was commenting on the HOI4 aspect of that dude's post. :downs:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I hope they scrap both games and merge them into a seemless WW2 to Space game so they can release it at the same time as one product!

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

I hope they scrap both games and merge them into a seemless WW2 to Space game so they can release it at the same time as one product!
That's how it all began, wasn't it? Werner von Braun aimed for the stars and hit London.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If I were a betting man, I'd say HoI4 for D Day, and Stellaris at the end of September.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I have a feeling that Stellaris will be out by mid summer, would be nice if that happened.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
Im shocked that the DD didnt include rules/events for the intense rivalry between the IJA and IJN, culminating in a civil war between the two. PREORDER CANCELLED!
But seriously I understand if thats gonna be DLC so you can focus on core systems.

BTW will final version give the Franco-British Union a name and/or flag change? Because thats definitely a big enough event to call for that.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

Call it.... Strategy Citizen.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Lu Yan posted:

Call it.... Strategy Citizen.

I'd preorder the poo poo out of that. I want to buy a fancy exclusive space hitler.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Koramei posted:

There's plenty of cool ahistorical things to do for DLC, but people higher up get to decide how much of it the team gets to make. I'm not really the best person to talk about HoI anymore though, been on Stellaris for the last few months and out of the HoI loop. I will say there's no hardcoded reason Bhutan can't build nukes or carriers though, if you can pull off DDRjake style shenanigans and acquire enough resources you can do whatever anyone else can do, although research time would probably be your biggest problem.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Darkrenown posted:

There's plenty of cool ahistorical things to do for DLC, but people higher up get to decide how much of it the team gets to make. I'm not really the best person to talk about HoI anymore though, been on Stellaris for the last few months and out of the HoI loop. I will say there's no hardcoded reason Bhutan can't build nukes or carriers though, if you can pull off DDRjake style shenanigans and acquire enough resources you can do whatever anyone else can do, although research time would probably be your biggest problem.

Can you tell us some nice Stellaris things?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
You can day1 genocide purge your own homeworld.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I hope you consider completely balkanizing China, in response to China's repeated aggression against its neighbors in the present day. Every Chinese state should of course be named something like "Independent [Province]". It is your duty as citizens of the world's only moral superpower.

Sweden hasn't been a great power for quite a long while now.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

Isn't the main factor that limits the smaller dudes just industry? If you don't start off with a lot of factories or manpower you will be hopelessly behind on the world stage.

Eskaton
Aug 13, 2014
Paradox, I don't care about space, give me HoI 4.

Eskaton
Aug 13, 2014
Wow, this mouse double posts.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Been working on hand converting a CK2 game I finished quite some time ago and which I messed up converting (got some save game corruption) and happened to be working on just before a major DLC. Anyway I started from scratch as I still have the files and I can still look at the map and stuff of the converted saves. Just got done with Europe and thought I'd just post some screens of it as I am pretty pleased with the setup so far.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
That looks like a really fun game, I'd tag Luxembourg over to Brandenburg though, makes more sense that way and you won't get Luxembourgian Germany :v:

Is that Papal Venice?

E: Just noticed Lux has some more provinces in the France area so gently caress if I know, maybe make it a PU instead of a single state?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

So did Sunni Savo in Finland happen in CK2 or is that conversion fuckery?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Antti posted:

So did Sunni Savo in Finland happen in CK2 or is that conversion fuckery?

Oh no, it happened. Golden Horde went pretty crazy in this game, converting to Islam and conquered most of Eastern Europe and much of northern Scandinavia before breaking up, which allowed what remains of the Scandinavian countries and Novgorod to holy war back quite a few provinces before the game ended. Sunni Savo is a result of that, some rebellion or something, I don't quite remember. I did pretty up the borders of the successor khanates (there's Magyarstan, Kievan Khanate, Qasim, Perm, Kazan, Golden Horde and Kazahk).

RabidWeasel posted:

That looks like a really fun game, I'd tag Luxembourg over to Brandenburg though, makes more sense that way and you won't get Luxembourgian Germany :v:

Is that Papal Venice?

E: Just noticed Lux has some more provinces in the France area so gently caress if I know, maybe make it a PU instead of a single state?

They also have a PU with Italy, I'm considering cutting out some of the eastern territories as a duchy of Poland and making that a PU as well. It converted like that in the game and I remember quite well that the Duke of Luxembourgh didn't inherit the kingdom of Italy until very recently before I exported the game, so I thought it best to portray that as a PU rather than making Italy the primary the title.

Yeah, that's Papal Venice, I assigned the burgher estate to that province. Also note Florentine possessions in Gibraltar and Tangiers, they also had the Canaries so I gave them Madeira as well. If they can hold on to that (say they ally some of the Christian Iberians) they should actually be quite active in the colonization game (gonna assign them exploration ideas).

e: I've also wondered what culture I should make the new Tatar hordes, currently Kiev is Crimean and has some Crimean culture provinces in the south. Magyarstan is Hungarian culture and has namelist that mixes non-Christian Hungarian names with names from Crimea and the Golden Horde as well as names like "Attila" and such. Currently debating whether I should make them have a new culture in the Tatar group (what would it be called?) or have them stay Hungarian. They were all Mongol in CK2 (though that game doesn't have any events for making the Tatar or Turco-Mongol Central Asian cultures, so I take that as a mandate to split up cultures and use EU4 groups where it pleases me).

e2: Doing the Middle East tomorrow. There's a buch of different Turkish groups in Anatolia, the Caucasus and Iraq and a strong Kurdish state in northern Syria centered on Aleppo. I'm going to have to dig through some of the files though as it appears to be quite hosed up when it comes to what was actually going on in Egypt, Iran and East Africa (I properly never finished properly converting it for that area, though I still have the CK2 files and the uneditied converted games).

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 30, 2016

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
Makes me long for Welsh Galicia and Gibraltar again.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Darkrenown posted:

I really hope it is possible to have a couple sentient species evolving on one world.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Space Pussy posted:

Also, releasing Stellaris near Civ 6 and would be a way worse idea than near HOI4.

Why? They should be afraid of us for that not us. I've even gotten an old Civ programmer go "how did you do that for FIVE YEARS!?"(talking simply about ck2 expansion, can find it on my twitter) I might be pounding my own chest a bit but so far I see nothing better than stellaris except aurora. And aurora is freaking mental.

edit: Yes I an really biased, but stellaris is really freaking awesome!

Groogy fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 30, 2016

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Randarkman posted:

Oh no, it happened. Golden Horde went pretty crazy in this game, converting to Islam and conquered most of Eastern Europe and much of northern Scandinavia before breaking up, which allowed what remains of the Scandinavian countries and Novgorod to holy war back quite a few provinces before the game ended. Sunni Savo is a result of that, some rebellion or something, I don't quite remember. I did pretty up the borders of the successor khanates (there's Magyarstan, Kievan Khanate, Qasim, Perm, Kazan, Golden Horde and Kazahk).

Finally the game gets Finland's Mongolian roots right.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Randarkman posted:

e: I've also wondered what culture I should make the new Tatar hordes, currently Kiev is Crimean and has some Crimean culture provinces in the south. Magyarstan is Hungarian culture and has namelist that mixes non-Christian Hungarian names with names from Crimea and the Golden Horde as well as names like "Attila" and such. Currently debating whether I should make them have a new culture in the Tatar group (what would it be called?) or have them stay Hungarian. They were all Mongol in CK2 (though that game doesn't have any events for making the Tatar or Turco-Mongol Central Asian cultures, so I take that as a mandate to split up cultures and use EU4 groups where it pleases me).

Use existing Ruthenian, at least for Kiev. Slip them all into the Ruthenian group, and it'll no doubt encourage a massive Horde-blob to form, which would be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Darkrenown posted:

Good, but will this effect the clothing of my POP's????