Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

gently caress sega. PSO is the one good game these incompetent fucks ever had and this is what they do with it. loving shameful.

Sega have made many good games and this is one of them, despite my whinging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

OrangeSoda posted:

Iv'e had to re-install the entire game just because gameguard is freaking out that badly :smith:

I haven't got to try Episode 4 yet, I am actually eager to see how absolutely loving ridiculous it's going to get. Iv'e been eager since TRAIN HYDRA.

Does anyone know how to fix Np 1015? People say it's the item patch but iv'e done everything I can with that. I get a strange popup window related to gameguard that also tries to open an internet explorer window before starting and then NP 1015 when I try to connect to a ship. I tried re-installing all the original japanese files, everything.

If I get it again after the re-install i'll screencap it.

Have you tried opening the game without the tweaker? From what I understand the GG error on startup is normal if you're using tweaker, though the 1015 isn't.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I've got all the patches installed and the only error i'm having is gameguard complaining about already being open, though the game still works.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I should make an effort post of why I hatefeel indifferent to Summoner with reasons why, but :effort:.

Go play Summoner everybody, it's a very loving lovely and terriblegreat class!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I have more fun playing summoner than playing force or techer

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

InfinityComplex posted:

If you have the story patch installed, uninstall it immediately.

Control lock is typically a symptom of the story patch not being updated to what the current story is. This happens often so don't install the story unless you're desperately craving what horrible plot there is.

First it said that the story patch was uninstalled and I took that to mean I was fine and it didn't work. Then I had a flash of inspiration and downloaded the original files again which took ages, and didn't work. Now im picking up my computer and throwing it out the drat window and that should uninstall the story patch

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OrangeSoda posted:

Iv'e had to re-install the entire game just because gameguard is freaking out that badly :smith:

I haven't got to try Episode 4 yet, I am actually eager to see how absolutely loving ridiculous it's going to get. Iv'e been eager since TRAIN HYDRA.

Does anyone know how to fix Np 1015? People say it's the item patch but iv'e done everything I can with that. I get a strange popup window related to gameguard that also tries to open an internet explorer window before starting and then NP 1015 when I try to connect to a ship. I tried re-installing all the original japanese files, everything.

If I get it again after the re-install i'll screencap it.

NP 1015 might be your graphics drivers.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

InfinityComplex posted:

I should make an effort post of why I hatefeel indifferent to Summoner with reasons why, but :effort:.

Go play Summoner everybody, it's a very loving lovely and terriblegreat class!

Every new class seems to start out terrible in this game and then get buffed later on , if braver/jet boots bouncer/original techer, fighter, and gunner is an any sign of a trend.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Jet boots never really got a buff and are still the worst weapon in the game imo, as far as I know.

Also just to be sure klapman, did you check for missing files? I know that might fix some cases of controls locking up

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Saagonsa posted:

Also just to be sure klapman, did you check for missing files? I know that might fix some cases of controls locking up

not yet, i'm re-redownloading again cause it seemed like it might have bugged out on the second to last file. I'll definitely give that a shot after this though, thanks

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!

Dabir posted:

NP 1015 might be your graphics drivers.

You..serious...? I remember once getting constant NP 1015s over a windows update that didn't install completely right. If this is really what's going on, i'm gonna be...well...VERY surprised.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I remember I got it when I reverted my graphics card drivers to the ones that came preinstalled, had to update to Nvidia's latest to fix it.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

*komm susser tod begins to play*

e: ok I tried looking for deleted/empty files instead and it's downloading several hundred megabytes. Amen

e2: MISSION COMPLETE, ty for help

klapman fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 29, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

also Universe is actually good

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Emergency Code: Sonic should be in more fields.

voltcatfish posted:

Maybe if you haven't played any other game in the series.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

AOTI is passable and PSP2/i is quite good. I don't ever want to think about packing 10 Photon Chargers for every mission, paying out the rear end for PP or weapons breaking on grind failures again.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2U6ziwLVUU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

voltcatfish posted:

most of my biggest issues with Universe are with the now long dead online mode; ironically those issues were mitigated or non-existent in any of the single-player modes

PSP2/2i are essentially proof that there was a good game hiding deep under the surface

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

voltcatfish posted:

It was fun to see the culmination of years of sega blunders into a pretty awesome game that was PSP2i. What's the veredict on nova? It's quite possible that it might still make it stateside, unlike PSO2.

poo poo, for as little content that it had, PSZero was pretty drat awesome and laid the groundwork for a lot of good things that we have in PSO2 now.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Nova is pretty good, in some ways better than PSO2 is I'd say. Might be personal preference but I vastly prefer the way the class/skill system works there compared to PSO2. Also now that i htink of it kind of surprised we haven't gotten any of the new GAs from there as PAs or PA customizations since most of them were cool.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

nerdz posted:

It was fun to see the culmination of years of sega blunders into a pretty awesome game that was PSP2i. What's the veredict on nova? It's quite possible that it might still make it stateside, unlike PSO2.

poo poo, for as little content that it had, PSZero was pretty drat awesome and laid the groundwork for a lot of good things that we have in PSO2 now.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

It's fun, it's a game. It's strictly closer to monhun's side than pso2's in terms of design since it follows the kill poo poo get pieces of random crap before you can make your next weapon. If you're playing directly from PSO2, it's somewhat clunky of a transition since guard, roll, and any shift action plus the PAs are handled by the face buttons instead having the shift actions on a shoulder button.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

Nova is pretty good, in some ways better than PSO2 is I'd say. Might be personal preference but I vastly prefer the way the class/skill system works there compared to PSO2. Also now that i htink of it kind of surprised we haven't gotten any of the new GAs from there as PAs or PA customizations since most of them were cool.

I loving WANT HALOS AND PILES
DAMNIT SEGA

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

I loving WANT HALOS AND PILES
DAMNIT SEGA

Too bad, :shittydog:

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Oh well that's a shame, I downloaded all the translation patches but it still seems to be 90% moonspeak.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

The new story stuff is in Japanese because it's too new, but every thing else is translated.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

that's because you probably saw the content they just released 2 days ago?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

voltcatfish posted:

that's because you probably saw the content they just released 2 days ago?

Is the new character tutorial and the stuff after it new? I've never played this before.

e: pso2 tweaker says I have all the (translation) patches and there are no empty/missing etc files so I dunno.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 29, 2016

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Yep, they just put in a new tutorial and the episode 4 stuff (Anything that has to do with Tokyo) is all new. Presumably after you get to the end of the story board they'll let you into Episode 1.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

When you select a character there's an option to start the game in Episode 4 or Episode 1-3. I'm not sure what happens regarding the tutorials.

If all your menus and items are in English you've got what you need.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

LiquidRain posted:

When you select a character there's an option to start the game in Episode 4 or Episode 1-3. I'm not sure what happens regarding the tutorials.

If all your menus and items are in English you've got what you need.

None of the inventory stuff seemed to be in english but all of the character creation and game menus were. pso2 tweaker still says everything is okay so I'll try and blunder through this new stuff.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

I don't know if it's default, but you probably want to click on ORB in tweaker, hit plugins, and check Item Translation.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I ended up having to enable an item translation plugin, most stuff is in English now so I'm just trying to learn the game. It's nice to have very little lag in an MMO for once.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Rasmussen posted:

I ended up having to enable an item translation plugin, most stuff is in English now so I'm just trying to learn the game. It's nice to have very little lag in an MMO for once.

It only looks like you have very little lag due to how much is actually client side. Unless you live in Japan, that is. Notice how long it takes for the damage numbers to appear once you hit a monster.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

It's not actually that bad most of the time anyway.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

nerdz posted:

It only looks like you have very little lag due to how much is actually client side. Unless you live in Japan, that is. Notice how long it takes for the damage numbers to appear once you hit a monster.

Not Japan but Australia. The numbers pop up instantly on hit, seems quite snappy.

e: I am enjoying the hilarious levels of anime.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jan 29, 2016

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Rasmussen posted:

Not Japan but Australia. The numbers pop up instantly on hit, seems quite snappy.

e: I am enjoying the hilarious levels of anime.

What's your character name so I can pull you into our walking corpse of a team

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
I got the game working by re-installing it.

I can now safely say that running full speed down a highway to kick a t-rex in the face is something iv'e done in a videogame.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

OrangeSoda posted:

I got the game working by re-installing it.

I can now safely say that running full speed down a highway to kick a t-rex in the face is something iv'e done in a videogame.

If you use jet boots you can do it whenever!

(Don't.)

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Hivac posted:

What's your character name so I can pull you into our walking corpse of a team

Character is called Eider. I have a machine gun.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
How dumb am I for thinking a MOBA-inspired PVP mode would be dope using the PSO2 engine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

pretty loving dumb tbh

• Locked thread