Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I'll be very happy if we beat Carlton and Brisbane, the WADA stuff disappears from the media, no players decide to move clubs as a result of the suspension and we end up with pick 3 in the draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

hiddenmovement posted:

I'll be happy if Hawthorn miss the 8 and someone completely unexpected wins the flag

Seeing the footy world explode after GWS falls into a flag is the only acceptable option.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Really hope this security fence poo poo is gone by the footy season. The bag lane is moving faster than the "express" lane at the cricket. Top notch security!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I'd be happy if i get loving $590 worth of entertainment and value out of this season. Afl memberships are getting too expensive. Pretty sure it was 540 last year.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

TG-Chrono posted:

Not worth giving him away for peanuts. Pretty spineless to be honest. Being away from family is hard but geez, he's not indentured or in the military or anything.

Reading between the lines I'd say he has depression. Bit more complex than home sickness IMO

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

drunkill posted:

I'd be happy if i get loving $590 worth of entertainment and value out of this season. Afl memberships are getting too expensive. Pretty sure it was 540 last year.

Yeah especially if they keep that fence and I end up avoiding games because of it

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

We welcome change and openness; for we believe that freedom and security go together, that the advance of human liberty can only strengthen the cause of world peace. There is one sign the AFL can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace. Chief Executive Officer McLachlan, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the AFL and eastern states, if you seek liberalization, come here to this gate. Mr. McLachlan, open this gate. Mr. McLachlan, tear down this wall!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
For six seasons, you have been asking: Who is Jack Watts

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
I've got so many questions about this photo.

Why isn't Brendan Bolton wearing pants?
Does sticks need to fart?
Should I stop David Parkin being alone in a room with small children?
Is Juddy the cool kid cause he is wearing jeans?
Does Mark Maclure know where he is?
Who the gently caress invited Robert Walls?
Didn't Robert Walls move to France?
Is someone about to take a penalty kick? Why are they holding their balls?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I thought Juddy wanted nothing to do with footy?

Also, Carlton totally isn't stuck in the past, noooo sir!

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Brendan doesn't seem quite as short at Carlton as he did with us.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

realbez posted:

Yeah especially if they keep that fence and I end up avoiding games because of it

Yup. If it stays I might try get a refund early in the season. That is a dealbreaker because I really only go to mcg games and depending on our fixture...

Anyway.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I can't cancel in protest. I'm a full member and I doubt I'd ever get it again in my lifetime if I went to the back of the queue

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
It's a loving fence guys jesus christ

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Yeah, it's really not that bad, just get to the ground 10min earlier than you usually would.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Spedman posted:

Yeah, it's really not that bad, just get to the ground 10min earlier than you usually would.

I tried to go to that 20/20 game with 80K present, it took well over 40 mins to get through the fence and then people were panicked about what would happen if someone left off a bomb within the limits of the fence.

It's a very bad idea executed very badly.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

It's not the end of the world but is pretty annoying with big crowds. I imagine in the middle of winter in rain waiting to get through it at a big game wouldn't be pleasant. Not enough to boycott going to games, but certainly annoying.

Speaking of annoying, man cricket crowds are so much more obnoxious than footy crowds even in this form of the game

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

thepokey posted:

It's not the end of the world but is pretty annoying with big crowds. I imagine in the middle of winter in rain waiting to get through it at a big game wouldn't be pleasant. Not enough to boycott going to games, but certainly annoying.

Speaking of annoying, man cricket crowds are so much more obnoxious than footy crowds even in this form of the game

A line of people along a fence at a checkpoint, in the grey of winter, beneath beating rain, waiting for security personnel with less brains than sense to search their bags, while uniformed police stand idly by, waiting to haul away trouble makers, what a wonderful East German aesthetic they'll have :allears:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

pkid posted:

I tried to go to that 20/20 game with 80K present, it took well over 40 mins to get through the fence and then people were panicked about what would happen if someone left off a bomb within the limits of the fence.

That was the worst possible game to gauge how bad the fence is, they were only expecting 50k. I've been three times now with the fence to 30-40k sized games and didn't wait anymore than 5min to get in.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Spedman posted:

That was the worst possible game to gauge how bad the fence is, they were only expecting 50k. I've been three times now with the fence to 30-40k sized games and didn't wait anymore than 5min to get in.

Just because you have a friend high up in the party, doesn't mean everyone else does.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Shmoses posted:

It's a loving fence guys jesus christ

It's the vibe.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

pkid posted:

The administrators apologised for that immediately and that was because they had an extra 30k people turn up compared to what they expected

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah it is just a fence but I'm kind of sick of shrugging and saying 'eh it's not so bad' every time a new bullshit security theatre measure is put in place

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

realbez posted:

Yeah it is just a fence but I'm kind of sick of shrugging and saying 'eh it's not so bad' every time a new bullshit security theatre measure is put in place

It's not really that much of a hassle at all to have to walk past a licensed aura reader on the way in, and it only adds $20 to the ticket price, I don't see why anyone is complaining when it provides that little bit extra peace of mind that the terrorists aren't going to get past our psychics.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
“Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down This Wall!”

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Seriously we only need one good rival on rival post game riot to destroy large sections of it anyway.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Masters should open up a stand outside the MCG selling wire cutters at discount prices.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Periphery posted:

Masters should open up a stand outside the MCG selling wire cutters at discount prices.

Or they could sell ladders

Still image from the ANZAC day game coming through now...

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Swap out the fence for barbed wire and trenches for the ANZAC day weekend.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Herald Sun reporting that the Dogs, Port, Melbourne and Saints are wanting Essendon to pay the salaries of suspended players while they are serving their suspension. Seems good to me.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Because Essendon forced them to take players with doping suspensions hanging over their heads at knifepoint.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Robodog posted:

Because Essendon forced them to take players with doping suspensions hanging over their heads at knifepoint.

otoh, gently caress Essendon.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

Herald Sun reporting that the Dogs, Port, Melbourne and Saints are wanting Essendon to pay the salaries of suspended players while they are serving their suspension. Seems good to me.

I hope that the Saints front loaded the poo poo out of Carlisle's contract. 1.2m this year and 400k every year after would work for me.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

This entire ordeal is just so laughable at this point. I hope the start of the 2016 thread isn't just 20 pages of Essendrone though.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I can commit to a schedule of making posts fawning over Jesse hogan / Jack Viney if that helps

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

There's a guy on the Crows forum with a mate on the dev team for the 2016 AFL game, apparently they just received a letter from the AFL instructing them to remove all the banned players from the game. Most of the dev team are bombers fans too.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

There's a guy on the Crows forum with a mate on the dev team for the 2016 AFL game, apparently they just received a letter from the AFL instructing them to remove all the banned players from the game. Most of the dev team are bombers fans too.

I'm amazed that there's an AFL 2016 game

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
They want it to sell even less?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I honestly thought they'd given up years ago

Adbot