Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

the happy faces of people who are already out of Star Citizen

edit: I think the photographer said "what is the future of Star Citizen" instead of saying "Say Cheese" when he is about to take a picture

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jan 30, 2016

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

EminusSleepus posted:

the happy faces of people who are already out of Star Citizen

LOL

I wonder why RSI don't have a presence at PAX?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So what the hell does a producer actually do? For the life of me I can't seem to find any real explanation

A producer makes poo poo happen.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Probably due to the lack of product to show.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Thronde posted:

Probably due to the lack of product to show.

That never stopped 'em before

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

trucutru posted:

That never stopped 'em before

This time they don't have a convincing enough lie to sell. Each time they show. "Progress" they raise the bar and now they are backed in a corner.

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.

spacetoaster posted:

Hey guys, I wrote a bad fake letter earlier today and it's been making the rounds. Welp, apparently CIG knows exactly who I am and I got this email from Sandi today.

Lowtax told me there was nothing he could do to protect me from going to prison over what I did. I'm really scared.

P.S. This email is totally a real one and not a very poor MS paint job that I did in like 10 minutes. For real. Okay, bye.

You should have gone with Cloud Stimperium Games

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Have to mention the stimperor.
He is indicative of about 20% of the backers. Quite frankly they are terrifying. There are a disproportionate amount of German and eastern European guys who would happily kill to protect SC, they even worry Chris. How many photo's have you seen of a clearly uncomfortable Crobber at various events with his arm around some guy dressed as an Isis fighter.
The dev staff are genuinely scared of these physcos.
Now imagine being in the verse with these fanatics......

-

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

EightAce posted:

Now imagine being in the verse with these fanatics......

-

a game's a game, i'd be more worried about having my name associated with developing this pile of poo poo when it flops

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Thronde posted:

And that's as an absolutely worst case scenario. Really that guy is a loving moron. I made sure to share that fact.

I like the explanations offered in the comments though: “technical issues” with Sandi's camera, such as Chris walking by in the background with an open bathrobe.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

with a bit of that roberts magic soon the first age of the stimpire shall become a glorious and horrifying reality

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

G0RF posted:

Youtube: The Gillian Andersen Interview (Director's Cut Edition)

So, we get another version of a video already released by CIG. Only now they cut in the b-camera footage so we can see the tattoed Sandi actually interviewing her. And yet she doesn't really seem to be the real interviewer. It seems like they cut in Sandi to replace whoever interviewed Anderson. Or they reshot Sandi's side after due to a technical problem the first time around or, as in Broadcast News, they only had one camera but the interviewer really really really wanted to be in the final edit...

I would say this makes absolutely no sense to me. And yet it makes perfect sense.

(Sorry if this was posted earlier in thread and I missed it.)

i'll give you one guess as to who directed this interview

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

G0RF posted:

Ben Lesnick weighs in to assure you that the awkwardness was 100% real.

And Matilda is not far behind him.

lol, welcome back Karl

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Generation Internet posted:

All the mo-cap shot so far was for "Episode 1" of Squadron 42, apparently.

Romes128 posted:

so theres 10 hours of movie just in ep1?

So, basically, Chris is just spending the backer money making his Wing Commander story he always wanted, backers be damned.

Its going to play like some old, early 90's, PC game, you know the ones that used to have the little 480x240 Fullscreen videos in some crappy format that popped up half way through you being in the middle of a fight or whatever telling you of advancements in the lackluster plot (while at the same time not actually bothering to pause the game)? Except, this time, its all done in expensive mo-cap, but with similarly bad acting and dialogue.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tindahbawx posted:

So, basically, Chris is just spending the backer money making his Wing Commander story he always wanted, backers be damned.

Its going to play like some old, early 90's, PC game, you know the ones that used to have the little 480x240 Fullscreen videos in some crappy format that popped up half way through you being in the middle of a fight or whatever telling you of advancements in the lackluster plot (while at the same time not actually bothering to pause the game)? Except, this time, its all done in expensive mo-cap, but with similarly bad acting and dialogue.

So, like, Wing Commander?

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

God drat I cannot wait until they poo poo out whatever little nugget of SQ42 they manage to cobble together for this year and try to peddle that poo poo. At best it's going to be completely mediocre and uninspired because Croberts is neither a genius nor a visionary and they gotta shove this stinker out the door at some point in 2016 to keep the money train coming so expect it to be rushed. Even if it's a passable game, it's going to be short and most of all it isn't going to be what the backers paid for.

But the best part will be the critics. When they play this thing and realize that it's a crappy ten hour movie interspersed with four hours of mediocre game they are not going to be pleased. Nobody will. And they are gonna write about it. And people aren't gonna buy it.

You remember that time that Gamespot gave that Zelda game like an 8.8 or 8.9 and the Zelda spergs were frothing at the mouth mad about it? This is going to be 100 times better.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

zelda fanbase toxicity levels are almost non existant compared to the gross seething pit of venom and hatred that is star citizen

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

with some trepidation i'm about to install this steamer on my pc

if i don't come back then i'll see you in the 'verse commandos

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost

CIG posted:

The heart of Manchester, England is also the heart of Star Citizen’s Squadron 42 single player game. (https://www.cloudimperiumgames.com/teams/Manchester)

Let's see: Freedom House, Church Street Wilmslow Cheshire, England SK9 1AX:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

gipskrampf posted:

It's a heart transplant in a box, OK.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

an obnoxious sign up followed by downloading the downloader which then downloaded a patch and finally started downloading the game

am I in the verse yet?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

That's Wilmslow, CA

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

AugmentedVision posted:

Has anyone yet pointed out that this monstrosity would have a net rotational inertia unless the boxes are of different weights? I know, there are computers to compensate for gyroscopic precession when turning, and it's not at all that the people designing this hard sci-fi full of fidelity don't know high school physics.

What I love about this is that for some reason, its the cargo that is kept under the false gravity of centripetal force, and not the segment that contains the crew, because that makes perfect sense, when the ships are all assumed to have artificial gravity throughout.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Can't wait to waddle around in grey corridors shooting my little pew pew pistol at identical mans in one of the most pedestrian shooters of all time

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Berious posted:

Can't wait to waddle around in grey corridors shooting my little pew pew pistol at identical mans in one of the most pedestrian shooters of all time

Gonna be a while before flightless birds make it into Star Citizen. At least they won't have to worry about the physics

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

gipskrampf posted:

I used to live in Manchester and that is way the gently caress off in the boonies. Like at least 45 minutes on the bus or something to Piccadilly.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

gipskrampf posted:

The airport is closer, lmao.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Meaningless and engaging activities

quote:

I was thinking recently about how I actually spend my time gaming. It occurred to me while, obviously, the core 'grind' / money making / gear getting activities take priority, there are often times when I just want to dick around and do something more or less meaningless, or at least without consequence other than time, while I just chat with my friends. Things for when you just can't bring yourself to go mine another asteroid, or need to waste 25 minutes while your teammates gather.
Personally I would love to see a fleshed out fishing system. Collecting colored variants of crazy alien fish, different species found on different planets / moons. Rare Vanduul worms that work as a fantastic bait for the rainbow crabs of planet Keene, though you may want to try the Banu sonic fishing rod when hunting for laser sharks on Helios II, etc.
I certainly don't foresee myself wanting for content when we really get rolling with the PU, but I also know I am lazy and sometimes don't wanna bother getting all the way out to point A to do job B right now. What kind of meaningless and engaging (read: pick it up and put it down easily) activities would you guys like to see in game? Pokemon stadium battles between our pets? Interior base / ship decorating?

quote:

I know this doesn't sound great, but I'd like a youtube app in universe (maybe with a large screen in our hangar).
Simultaneously, an overlay with universe events or a side bar with news articles for SC, so we can relax in our hangar and watch other things while building up to going out and flying to something in universe to do.
After that, a twitch app so we can watch other SC players streaming.
How about a community text based mmo type management game. Based around managing the finances of Synthworld and that uses money from us (in game currency, not real money) and our efforts to find the best deal and whatnot to make progress which earns points. Leaderboards, management aspects like those cookie clicker games, putting in game effort into an in game project that can actually progress.
With the possibility of that management game giving us missions for the actual space sim aspect of the game. So, for example, you manage some funds for the UEE related to Synthworld, you can invest some of your own money. During your management, pirates are blocking some of your construction yards. Create a contract, spend your in game money to fund the contract and another player who is in the area goes and gets paid for fighting the problem for you.
Gives the armchair captain a chance to treat some part of SC like a strategy game or numbers sim for a while. Goodness knows I'd be happy with that occasionally.

Personally I hope Chris Roberts will let me play Squadron 42 on a monitor in my $2500 space ship.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Daztek posted:

Meaningless and engaging activities

Personally I hope Chris Roberts will let me play Squadron 42 on a monitor in my $2500 space ship.

quote:

GhostofGhostSatoshi 1 point 2 hours ago

Interstellar Poker - Plays exactly like Texas Hold'Em but you're allowed to leave the table whenever you want (but only to dance and/of flip off your opponent(s))

Star Blackjack requires the player to get a 42

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The most upvoted comment in there is a gif of fishing.

Can't wait for procedural fish!

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Beet Wagon posted:

Technically the Vanduul ships use a weird "lay-down" configuration that should make everything fit easier. Plus it has the added benefit of making any two-seater craft they'd implement turn into Star Centipede

Either way the cockpit and controls should be laughably oversized for human pilots, but I think they handwave that away by saying the Vanduul ships humans are flying are refit for human pilots by some company.

I can only see this

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Man, Star Citizen's number of games it wants to be : number of games it is ratio is beyond belief.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Got my concierge VIP card and it works pretty good

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

neonbregna posted:

Got my concierge VIP card and it works pretty good

The spice must parp

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

peter gabriel posted:

So I made a vid but it's a weird one, it's mainly to drive people to http://www.justagamemode.com/ because I think it;s amazing work by GORF, I have credited him etc, let's get some youtube views turned into hits for that!
I have also used some grrr angry music but i think it fits what I am trying to de pretty well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKHl6ftSxww

this is your bestest video work commando pgabz

(flutes are cool too)

bumbles fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jan 30, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Can someone make one of these "Oh sure ____ $5000 suit come on!" gifs into "_____ $5000 jpeg. come on!"

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

:gary:
Roses are PAAAAARRRPPP
Violets are PAAAAAARRRRRPPP
This poem is PAAAAARRRRPPPP
PAAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPPPPPPP
:yarg:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

ewe2 posted: