Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

For years I thought Doug must have been one of those religious cartoons because it was so bland, but really it's just about a kid with anxiety who just can't stop catastrophizing about everything in his life. You can tell that he grew up into one of those adult nerds who hates women because he was never brave enough to ask one out.

frank.club posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

It was what the contest winner named the Funnie baby. I liked new Doug, especially with how they handled the last episode: Pattie gets tired of Doug's poo poo and just straight up asks him out.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That was crazy. I'm sorry.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Patti got anorexia if I recall

I thought the Disney Doug was well-regarded? It did get a movie didn't it

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

RentACop posted:

Patti got anorexia if I recall

I thought the Disney Doug was well-regarded? It did get a movie didn't it

The movie blew chunks,didn't it? I remember hating it as a lad.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

RentACop posted:

It did get a movie didn't it

That is by no means a sign of quality

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

HypnoCabbage posted:

I think Disney still owns the rights to Doug, so I doubt he would be included in this mess.

actually Nick still owns the rights in full for the seasons they made(they did have it on Netflix, and released a DVD set for it), Disney only owns the seasons it made, that's one of the reasons they changed so much about the show during the Disney seasons

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I should probably, but won't, give the Disney season a watch, but I always assumed it was better because it sounded like Doug became more proactive in it, instead of classic Doug where he can go on a loving date with his crush and still achieve absolutely nothing.

unfortunately you can't, a good chunk of the Disney seasons is completely missing from the internet for various reasons(and much of what's on there is incredibly poor quality)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

also in other news(that I felt deserved it's own post) DC to launch line of Hanna-Barbera comics some of which are going to be quite radical departures from the originals, including the following titles(final full lineup forthcoming);

The Flintstones

Wacky Race Land

Scooby Apocalypse

Future Quest

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is Alex Toth still alive?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Man, gently caress The Impossibles.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
For some reason I'm a huge Wacky Races fan, so I'm down for a Mad Max/Death Race 2000 version, but Adult Swim has ruined serious Space Ghost and Birdman to me.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Gann Jerrod posted:

For some reason I'm a huge Wacky Races fan, so I'm down for a Mad Max/Death Race 2000 version, but Adult Swim has ruined serious Space Ghost and Birdman to me.

Yeah there's no way I could read that Space Ghost comic without hearing some stupid poo poo in my head from Cartoon Planet every time Brak appeared in a panel.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Frankenstein Jr is such a weird cartoon.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

you know I just realized Blue Falcon and Dyno-Mutt aren't part of Future Quest, wonder if that means they're getting their own book, cause the only other HB Superheroes not there are Captain Caveman and some of the Funny Animal characters(who notably haven't had any books announced yet)

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
This is what happens when a gritty version of Sabrina the Teenage Witch becomes sucessful.

e. Hipster Shaggy is loving dope, tho.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

you know I just realized Blue Falcon and Dyno-Mutt aren't part of Future Quest, wonder if that means they're getting their own book, cause the only other HB Superheroes not there are Captain Caveman and some of the Funny Animal characters(who notably haven't had any books announced yet)

Maybe they're Wacky Races fodder instead?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sleeveless posted:

Hipster Shaggy is loving dope, tho.
He looks a little like Fandral to me for some reason

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Man, Frankenstein Junior's really riffing on The Iron Giant there.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
If you're not excited for Cyborg Scooby Doo, I will straight up fight you.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

jscolon2.0 posted:

If you're not excited for Cyborg Scooby Doo, I will straight up fight you.

I'm excited for the whole line, but Scooby Apocalypse is definitely the one I'm the least excited for, if mostly due to Jim Lee's mediocre art, as well as it's premise having been pretty much done already by Mystery Inc(and very well at that)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

raditts posted:

Correction: The only time Ren and Stimpy was any good was when he was involved under Nickelodeon's strict supervision.

Source: Ren and Stimpy's Adult Party Cartoon
You guys are reminding me of things that I'd really rather have forgotten about forever.

Jack Gladney posted:

For years I thought Doug must have been one of those religious cartoons because it was so bland, but really it's just about a kid with anxiety who just can't stop catastrophizing about everything in his life. You can tell that he grew up into one of those adult nerds who hates women because he was never brave enough to ask one out.
Third GIS result for "frond bob's burgers":

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Gaa, that's worse than that Calvin and Hobbes where he takes riddalin and makes Hobbes disappear. Poor bland kid.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Y-Hat posted:

You guys are reminding me of things that I'd really rather have forgotten about forever.

I prefer the theory that he grew up to become Mr Simmons from Hey Arnold

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Sleeveless posted:

This is what happens when a gritty version of Sabrina the Teenage Witch becomes sucessful.

I was under the impression that was good on its own terms as was the Zombie thing.

Gann Jerrod posted:

Nevermind Adult Swim, Birdman will always be associated with the phrase "Avenger! Get Birdman coffee!" to me.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jan 29, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Y-Hat posted:

Mr Frond is basically an unnamed character David Herman did on King of the Hill in the episode where Hank accidentally cuts off Dale's finger. He played an anger management teacher who talked almost exactly like Frond and wore the same outfit.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Is King of the Hill basically the Animated version of Seinfeld in how everyone in the industry can be connected to it somehow?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC part of the reason KotH got a ton of famous people is because Kathy Najimy (Peggy) has a ton of connections through being besties with Jennifer Aniston.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

muscles like this? posted:

IIRC part of the reason KotH got a ton of famous people is because Kathy Najimy (Peggy) has a ton of connections through being besties with Jennifer Aniston.

Does that mean I have to like Peggy?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Hihohe posted:

Does that mean I have to like Peggy?

Yes.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Uuuugh. But she sucks so much.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She any friends with Jimmy Carter or that Texas former governor

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

frank.club posted:

that Texas former governor

Do you mean that badass old broad Ann loving Richards?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Gann Jerrod posted:

It's basically a Redline comic book, so fine by me. The other ones though, blech

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Adult swim should bring back Wacky Races

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I hope this isn't some cruel prank.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

thelaughingman posted:

I hope this isn't some cruel prank.

It shouldn't be, because I think they announced this alongside a trailer for Justice League vs. Teen Titans.

edit: Here's a poster

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 30, 2016

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The episodes are 11 minutes and it's not a comedy.
I have written it off for that alone but I'm kind of glad a DC animated show that isn't new 52 based exists and hope kids will like it, maybe someone will watch it and grow up to write GOOD comics.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Acne Rain posted:

The episodes are 11 minutes and it's not a comedy.
I have written it off for that alone but I'm kind of glad a DC animated show that isn't new 52 based exists and hope kids will like it, maybe someone will watch it and grow up to write GOOD comics.

Yeah I dunno, I remember them saying Sonic Boom was also going to be an 11 minute action series and it ended up being Teen Titans Go.

It's probably going to be TTG.

Edit: That clip in the article is not from the new show. The art doesn't match with the poster, and it's 4:3. It looks really old.

Bass Bottles fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The title just makes me think of Action League! NOW! from the Kids sketch comedy Kablaam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVQyxQwtHhs