Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Samfucius (1): Khris Kruel, Khris Kruel, Khris Kruel
Khris Kruel (1): Samfucius
TMMadman (1): Khris Kruel, Khris Kruel, Tommunist

Not Voting (5): imgay, Kashuno, SirSamVimes, spacing in vienna, TMMadman

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 01st, 2016 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

spacing in vienna posted:

Anyway. PBS was my new scum theory annnnnd that got hosed. Sam (samfu not ssv) do you still think kk is scum? I felt like your vote on him was carefully framed as "gosh, those people are right, you ARE crazy for voting me" as if you were faking letting someone talk you into voting -- that's the reason I was on your case yesterday. What was up with that?

Any time someone votes me I have to take an extra second to make sure I'm not OMGUS'ing. That's really all it was, "is he being scummy or is he just accidentally voting for town?"

You know.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Anyways yeah I still think he's scum. I was gonna give him the light of a new day to play differently but :shrug:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Samfucius posted:

Anyways yeah I still think he's scum. I was gonna give him the light of a new day to play differently but :shrug:

so if I changed my playstyle you'd think I was town?

lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
can you two dummies stop this dumb town slapfight yet

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Why won't tmm notice me kash

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Because tmm said he'd take 24 hours off or something for some reason

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tommunist posted:

Why won't tmm notice me kash

he has a super secret result!!!!!!!11111111

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Khris Kruel posted:

he's not going to, he thinks he's above you. Hilariously he's like the worst player in this game, ironically

Or you know, the entirely more reasonable explanation of that I made and ate dinner then did some stuff around the house.

Tomm, I still think both Kash and KK are scummy. First of all, I find it odd that both of them lived through the night since I said I was going to investigate one of them. Frankly, I would have expected one of them to turn up dead if both are town simply because scum could easily point at the other and say 'So that one must be scum'. Not to mention that there would be a 50% chance of killing the one I choose to investigate. And to end the suspense, yes I did investigate KK and he turned up town. However, as he has pointed himself:

Khris Kruel posted:

dude, stop thinking that the only way to catch scum is through investigations. Learn to actually play mafia

Khris Kruel posted:

investigations are just one of many factors to take in account. Post history and voting history the most important

Khris Kruel posted:

good then lets stop worrying about investigations and look at post and vote history

Your investigations are worthless

Khris Kruel posted:

and even if you said you got a town result on Sam, I'm still going to push for him. He could be a godfather

So I think KK is a godfather.

However, in terms of play, KK keeps going on and on about scum hunting, but all he has really done is being condescending and tunnel on Samfu. While Samfus votes on D1 were a bit bandwagony, I don't really see Samfu being scum here despite briefly voting for him last night. All KK keeps saying is that it must be Samfu and me. He seemingly has no interest in any other players. He said Kash is townie as gently caress, which I don't think anyone has ever said about Kash before. He flat out refuses to even think about Kash being scum because Kash is 'in the limelight giving thoughts and opinions'. Kash being in the limelight is a complete null tell and I think the people who have played with him will agree with me there.

I know I always bang on the Kash drum and find him scummy, but for a while I actually thought he was town early in the day. However, that changed when he went from this:

Kashuno posted:

my vote is staying on TMM, and it is actually serious.
to this:

Kashuno posted:

fwiw

##vote imgay

In about an hours worth of time. And remember, that was well before my cop claim yesterday. So why does he go from saying his vote is serious and staying on me to voting imgay? Oh wait, here is his immediate reasoning:

Kashuno posted:

This is the scum claim

Then a bit later, he went from saying this:

Kashuno posted:

uhhhh this is really trying to draw attention away from the immediate stuff going on in the game with some silly thing.

##vote Khris

Kashuno posted:

Kk your case is lovely and your tunneling on it is really really bad. Your reasoning "3rd vote scum, omgus scum" is really lame and not the case at all idk how long it has been since you played Mafia but those logic lines are trash these days

Kashuno posted:

Kk your case is lovely and your tunneling on it is really really bad. Your reasoning "3rd vote scum, omgus scum" is really lame and not the case at all idk how long it has been since you played Mafia but those logic lines are trash these days

Kashuno posted:

I'm voicing my opinion that your case is weak as hell, even by d1 standards. Sorry you're so stuck in your motions that you're unwilling to see how bad it is, and I'm sorry certified bad Mafia player TMM is fanning the flames of your badness

Kashuno posted:

No that line of logic is poo poo and I sincerely hope if we lynch Sam tonight I hope he flips town because it will show you how bad and also wrong it is

Kashuno posted:

Right now you and TMM both look really bad to me. I don't like TMMs claim and I don't think his reaction to people not buying it is genuine and seems like frustrated scum. You are pushing what to me seems like a bad lybch based off some axiom that doesn't exist anymore

Kashuno posted:

You aren't actually scum hunting you're relying on some poo poo axioms and being a condescending oval office to anyone who disagrees with you

Kashuno posted:

Because your case is "scum do this without fail"

To this:

Kashuno posted:

Khris I'm starting to cool on you, but I'm not sold on Hal yet...

##vote imgay he's off

In the space of about 2 hours, despite the fact that neither the tone nor the argument of KK changed in the slightest bit. IMO, he is changed his position because the KK vote was getting traction and this allowed him to move to a lurking Hal at the appropriate time.

So right now, I'm going to go ahead and ##vote Kash since I do have a town result on KK. Although I would still vote for KK because I don't believe he is playing a sincere game and think he might be a godfather.

As for the other people, I think SiV is the most town person in the game right now, but again I haven't seen her scum game as far as I can remember. Being the hammer yesterday is a null tell, but I do wish she had put KK and Hal into a 5-5 tie for at least a few minutes before the end of the day. I really did want to see if Kash was willing to move his vote around back to KK. I think Samfu is probably telling the truth about being VT in this game. Sure, it's a possibility that he's lying, but I don't really have any interest in voting for him today.

As for you Tomm, I think it's interesting you went from this:

Tommunist posted:

it occurs to me theres no point in arguing with TMM at this point since hes ~most likely~ town
to this:

Tommunist posted:

I'm inclined to agree with KK about sam, its based of someone elses read, so i'm not going to vote on it until i've made a proper read, for the moment going to vote for someone who despite having a frustrating as gently caress meta, feels scum as all hell for me.

##vote TMM

As for SSV, I think this is interesting:

SirSamVimes posted:

My thoughts are that it's getting terribly confusing when people say "Sam" :(

wrt to clusterfuck: I don't know if I believe TMM. He's pointed out himself that the game reaches lylo on d3, and in a game this short it can be easy to coast by on a cop claim that is un-counterclaimed due to fear of getting scumtargeted.

wrt to game outside of clusterfuck: hell if I know, the clusterfuck is kind of obscuring everything else. I feel like Kashuno's pretty townie, and I'm trying to decide which of KK and Samfu I'd rather vote because with a slapfight like this one of them is probably gonna go out

Because the second part is really weird. I don't know how I can coast through the entire game with a cop claim because of a cop fearing to counterclaim me. Sure that explanation works for D1, but if a cop gets NK'd then I'm getting lynched. And then if someone else claims cop on D2 or D3, I'm almost certainly getting lynched simply because I had the gall to claim first and people somehow think that's scummy. Second of all, since I am the cop and claimed on D1, I am fully expecting to be killed on N2 because scum can't really let an uncounterclaimed cop go for that long.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

##unvote not sure I believe he is a godfather

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

fwiw tmm my opinions evolved over the course of your poo poo fight with KK.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

fwiw tmm my opinions evolved over the course of your poo poo fight with KK.

And you end up thinking I'm scum? Why?

I'm still an uncounterclaimed cop at this point.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Samfucius posted:

##unvote not sure I believe he is a godfather

Also, why do you think he isn't a godfather?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

TMMadman posted:

And you end up thinking I'm scum? Why?

I'm still an uncounterclaimed cop at this point.

its really a gut read, its only one vote tho, and i'm really willing to jump off it and onto someone else if they are more scummy or ~information~

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only 4-6 scum left!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh poo poo wrong game

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

scum slipimo.........

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

hey dumbasses, its not tunnelling if I've given my opinion on every single player in this game

You guys just make poo poo up

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
loving called it TMM got a town result and refuses to believe it what the gently caress

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

loving called it TMM got a town result and refuses to believe it what the gently caress

And why should I? KK has constantly been saying that my investigations don't mean poo poo.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

TMMadman posted:

And why should I? KK has constantly been saying that my investigations don't mean poo poo.

its true

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Hey guys lets play a game

Instead of talking about how scummy Sam is, how about you guys go through his posts, and try to find something he's done that's pro-town?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Samfucius posted:

I mean look at this scum slip. He doesn't actually think I'm scummy, but my abrasive posting style is what he thinks is scummy.

Think about how if I had come out day 2 posting completely different. That would be suspicious as poo poo.

Sam doesn't think I'm scummy because he's scum and knows I'm town and had no reason to think I was scummy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think you two need to stop measuring dicks.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Kash, why are you so sure that both Samfu and KK are town?

Who do you think is scum?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I think you two need to stop measuring dicks.

please do tell me why you think Sam is town

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

if you guys can't figure out a pro town thing that sam has done, then why aren't we lynching him

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Kash, why are you so sure that both Samfu and KK are town?

Who do you think is scum?

right now, I think you're scum. Your handling of your cop investigations is horrendous and not town positive in any way. I know you're not going to agree, but I could really give a poo poo less what you think.Not feeling good about SSV right now either. I cooled on KK because the amount of tunneling is just dumb over the top obvious if he is scum, so therefore he is much more likely to be town. I don't find samfu particularly scummy and involved in a stupid pissing match with KK.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Kashuno posted:

right now, I think you're scum. Your handling of your cop investigations is horrendous and not town positive in any way. I know you're not going to agree, but I could really give a poo poo less what you think.Not feeling good about SSV right now either. I cooled on KK because the amount of tunneling is just dumb over the top obvious if he is scum, so therefore he is much more likely to be town. I don't find samfu particularly scummy and involved in a stupid pissing match with KK.

so you're just neutral on Sam, and don't actually think he's town

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think between you tunneling on Samfu, and TMM being a moron, we are going to ignore other people who are likely to lurk by to victory.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In fact, right now I'd vote out eitheer of you just so we can keep playing mafia.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Kashuno posted:

In fact, right now I'd vote out eitheer of you just so we can keep playing mafia.

lets lynch Sam and tomorrow we can look at the lurkers

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Khris Kruel posted:

lets lynch Sam and tomorrow we can look at the lurkers

If we lynch samfu today and he flips town, who are you looking at afterwards? Conversely, if samfu flips scum, who do you think is scum with him?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Kashuno posted:

If we lynch samfu today and he flips town, who are you looking at afterwards? Conversely, if samfu flips scum, who do you think is scum with him?

I think scum would've wanted me dead over Hal yesterday, since they would've gotten rid of an active townie and Hal would still be "suspicious" as everyone thought he was.

Sam's involvement is where I think the scum was. I think his scum buddy is one of either Tommunist or SSV, and they missed a chance to kill me yesterday since they weren't active.

If Sam flips town, then that means scum had no influence on day 1, and the lurkers are where it's at

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Khris Kruel posted:

I think scum would've wanted me dead over Hal yesterday, since they would've gotten rid of an active townie and Hal would still be "suspicious" as everyone thought he was.

Sam's involvement is where I think the scum was. I think his scum buddy is one of either Tommunist or SSV, and they missed a chance to kill me yesterday since they weren't active.

If Sam flips town, then that means scum had no influence on day 1, and the lurkers are where it's at

What? how did Tomm/SSV miss their chance to kill you? There were two kills during the night and they most likely replaced before committing night actions. It's the proper thing to do in that situation since it looks like both Rarity/MEDS asked to be replaced.

You aren't making me think any better of you using this kind of logic and I'm someone who thinks scum is always after me.

Kash is the clear scum here. He said earlier he thinks your town but said he'd happily vote you just to 'play mafia'. :rolleyes:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

What? how did Tomm/SSV miss their chance to kill you? There were two kills during the night and they most likely replaced before committing night actions. It's the proper thing to do in that situation since it looks like both Rarity/MEDS asked to be replaced.

You aren't making me think any better of you using this kind of logic and I'm someone who thinks scum is always after me.

Kash is the clear scum here. He said earlier he thinks your town but said he'd happily vote you just to 'play mafia'. :rolleyes:

I think they're both town you dumb dumb

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, why in the hell would lurking scum kill lurkers? It doesn't make sense because lurking scum almost always want the game to continue lurking. I think it's way more likely that scum are active posters in this game.

KK, you're whole 'scum always lurk' thing is just flat out bullshit. I know Kash is always a high post count player regardless of whether he's scum or town. I'm a high post count player regardless of alignment. You want this game to focus purely on the lurkers and that isn't good mafia.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

TMMadman posted:

oh shut the gently caress up, your theories have been way worse this game, especially the ones around the lynch

since everyone thinks I'm "scummy" there's literally no reason to kill me. They would try to lynch me.

I thought it was pretty stupid to kill two lurkers, imo. Which makes me think the scum are the active players. Which means Sam is scum.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Also, why in the hell would lurking scum kill lurkers? It doesn't make sense because lurking scum almost always want the game to continue lurking. I think it's way more likely that scum are active posters in this game.

KK, you're whole 'scum always lurk' thing is just flat out bullshit. I know Kash is always a high post count player regardless of whether he's scum or town. I'm a high post count player regardless of alignment. You want this game to focus purely on the lurkers and that isn't good mafia.

I don't want to kill lurkers, I want to kill Sam

Nice try, pay attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Khris Kruel posted:

No one knows you're town except you dude, leaving you alive is an easy choice for scum because your tunneling bullshit is sus as gently caress and they can just chill and wait. Your logic doesn't follow at all, it's just you trying to build a narrative to suit your slapfight.

And here we are again, a second day where it's basically you, me, TMM, and Samfu doing all the talking. Scum loses nothing by keeping you alive, even if Samfu is scum.

• Locked thread