Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

gently caress fuckity gently caress gently caress

That looks properly bad. Marshal gently caress up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
what the gently caress

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Rip penis car

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

lol the spotter yelling at him

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

yes yell at each other now. That's the important part.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
yeah lets not go full course yellow for a car stopped right in the middle of the track in turn 1

hope the guy in the pc car is alright

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
drat, head on hit. Reminds me of Memo Gidley's shunt two years ago, though that was way worse.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
The #88 OF car has returned after the issue with the LF axle.

Walking down to the Deltawing pit right now

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Jamie Mac from 4th to the lead on the start, then immediately fucks it up.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
#28 GTD car just finished serving a 4-5 min penalty for pulling away from the pit box with the fuel probe still engaged. #28 was in the GTD lead before penalty, now like 9th.

Driver also stalled car upon release from penalty box, got some good laughs from the peanut gallery here on pit lane

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

KingShibby posted:

#28 GTD car just finished serving a 4-5 min penalty for pulling away from the pit box with the fuel probe still engaged. #28 was in the GTD lead before penalty, now like 9th.

Driver also stalled car upon release from penalty box, got some good laughs from the peanut gallery here on pit lane

Fox said it was because he passed the pace car to get a lap ahead where he was supposed to be so one lap to get back the lap he took and a lap penalty on that.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

BMB5150 posted:

Fox said it was because he passed the pace car to get a lap ahead where he was supposed to be so one lap to get back the lap he took and a lap penalty on that.

Maybe it was the #68 GTLM that pulled away, there were 2 cars that served penalties and I didn't get a chance to talk to the IMSA Official working the penalty box.

TV doesn't do this race justice at night. This place is really amazing at night all lit up

Edit: just watched a car blow through the red stop light at the end of pit lane so expect a penalty coming up after we go green.

KingShibby fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 31, 2016

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Race Recap:

P
-Honda's look crazy fast at the start, then hit each other and faded a bit.
-#01 Ganassi Starcar went off sequence and in typical Dixonness ended up leading
-Deltawang and 01 spend a period leap frogging on pit strategy. Legge puts up great pace in the wang.
-DW with Andy Meryick smashed into the back of a spun PC car. Woops. DW dead.
-Mazda lead for a bit on pace, but Pla in the shank car passed him and took off

PC

-#54 has been dominating since the green. Never much of a challenge at all.

GTLM
-911s lead early, Ford GTs very fast
-...Until both GTs had electrical failures of various kinds. Way way way back now.
-#3 C7 took over the lead and has been able to hold it for a while.

GTD
-Lambos are stupid fast. A few have had issues, but the #48 hasn't had any issues and is seriously like 2 seconds a lap clear of everyone.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Well change 54 is up in smoke so looks like they're done.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Too lazy to add the laptop for another onboard.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'm doing the Daytona Rivals event in Forza with the Riley DP while watching. I hate this tracks first corner that goes off the oval, but blasting out of the little bustop chicane is fun as hell.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

If you love AJ that much, why don't you just marry him :argh:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Great restart by Ricky Taylor, 4th to first... but the Shank car is just too drat fast to stay behind long.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
Looks like the #02's day might be over, or at least their chances of winning...

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I just love how good this race is.

Eight and a half hours in and there is 8 seconds between 1st and 7th

aaaand Kanaan goes into the Garage. Great night for Ford!

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://twitter.com/CGRsportscar/status/693647141714186240

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jonny Nox posted:

I just love how good this race is.

Eight and a half hours in and there is 8 seconds between 1st and 7th

aaaand Kanaan goes into the Garage. Great night for Ford!

What's more impressive is when you have 4-5 cars within 10-15 seconds of each other in the last couple hours, as was the case a couple years ago. Think it was the 01, 02, 10 and...maybe the Action Express car.

e- Door fell off the 62 Ferrari during a pit stop. Ferraris causing self-inflicted wounds now. :laffo:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Dropping fast now. Neghri dead in the Honda Ligier

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Leading this race is a curse.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Cygni posted:

Leading your class in this race is a curse.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

People were talkin about how the only way anyone else would win in GTD was if the Lambos took each other out...

Welp.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Annual Rolex 24 hour same make fratricide.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Someone turned on the smoke machine in the black light 55 Mazda.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

one of the gtd cars seems to be trying to find a shortcut through the infield

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Lol @ this 911 cruising through the RV area.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
This is the greatest broadcast of anything ever

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

George Zimmer posted:

Lol @ this 911 cruising through the RV area.

i was amazed that he didn't get lost and end up on the motorway outside

probably saved him a tonne of time getting a tow as well

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Still lolling at the idea of that 911 almost getting taken out by someones rv

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
King Shibby: if you fancy stopping by for a beer or something to eat, we have an RV with an amazing roof deck, #39 in the yellow campground. Overlooks nascar 1 and the infield horseshoe (great spot to shoot from too).

I'll have a gallery going up at Ars later today, and a piece about CJ Wilson racing early next week. Will link them in this thread.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Here's our view: https://flic.kr/p/DuXu2j (can't seem to get the real url on my phone).

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

30 minutes ago, the 2 had like a 25 second lead over the 10. Now it's about two car lengths. :psyduck:

e- LEAD CHANGE. :laffo:

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

30 minutes ago, the 2 had like a 25 second lead over the 10. Now it's about two car lengths. :psyduck:

e- LEAD CHANGE. :laffo:

Class leading really is cursed it seems: 2 was 6th when I checked this morning, imagine my surprise when I checked in later.. I'm super bummed out i'm missing the last three hours due to a flight :( Hope there's a recording available somewhere

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

geonetix posted:

Class leading really is cursed it seems: 2 was 6th when I checked this morning, imagine my surprise when I checked in later.. I'm super bummed out i'm missing the last three hours due to a flight :( Hope there's a recording available somewhere

IMSA is good about posting races soon after the race itself.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Too fast entering on the 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Not out of the car yet...

EDIT: or is he?

• Locked thread