Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
In a game where we could be facing two town deaths a night I don't think putting our most valuable pieces in front, even a little, is a winning play on Day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

you're all cowards

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
if gulag can claim why can't you

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Tommunist posted:

if gulag can claim why can't you

A mass claim might--might--help the town narrow down D1 lynch odds. An individual power claim is completely nutso, as it ensures you're almost certainly going to die that night or the next, and either way you could just get roleblocked, and a vanilla claim just helps the scum aim a little better and gives the town no info because of course a scum would claim vanilla town.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Trasson posted:

A mass claim might--might--help the town narrow down D1 lynch odds. An individual power claim is completely nutso, as it ensures you're almost certainly going to die that night or the next, and either way you could just get roleblocked, and a vanilla claim just helps the scum aim a little better and gives the town no info because of course a scum would claim vanilla town.

i was not being serious and do not support a mass claim

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

##vote gulag

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

GulagDolls posted:

ill start off by saying i am the serial killer

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
take the joke phase with a grain of salt

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

i will refer to the next person who posts as mittens for the rest of the game

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:3:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

You're going to be miittins

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Tommunist posted:

i was not being serious and do not support a mass claim

I figured. To be honest, if I started making dumb jokey posts I'd come off as really artificial so I might as well be the boring serious one for people to play off of.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

If you gat works for you then all power to you

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

GulagDolls posted:

this votei s hot fuckin garbagio. the monkey avatar is thinking about this game from a town perspective. i sense his chi. ##vote anon

This is actually a really bad vote. A lot of people have the same perspective as me, why vote me for it? Cogs plan is anti town because it will cause power roles to be targeted by mafia.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Saying "this is a bad idea" and "this is a scum idea" are different things.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Okay it's a bad idea that will greatly benefit scum much more than any benefit it would give to town.

##vote gulag for that bad vote reason

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't critically examine votes made in jest, its a waste of time and effort

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Okay it's a bad idea that will greatly benefit scum much more than any benefit it would give to town.

##vote gulag for that bad vote reason

It's not a bad vote reason. Others said it was a dumb idea, but you were saying it's a scum idea. That's different.

It's hard to see how scum would come up with that plan though, seems very risky, especially for a new player.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
##unvote

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Asiina posted:

It's not a bad vote reason. Others said it was a dumb idea, but you were saying it's a scum idea. That's different.

It's hard to see how scum would come up with that plan though, seems very risky, especially for a new player.

doesn't matter a huge amount miittins but i'm pretty sure that thecog isn't new ,just new to this site.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Asiina posted:

It's not a bad vote reason.

I respectfully disagree

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Agree to disagree

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
confirmed, lol cog while i disagree with cogs strat i doubt he is scum pulling a rolefishing gambit. I expect a new player to be more nervous as scum and not to openly make a play like that

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I actually thing cog is almost definitely town based on that

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also i wont vote asiina until day 3 so we can have a day 3 brawl as planned pregame

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
As someone already pointed out, he's not new, just to playing on this forum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Still, if you are testing the waters of a new place, you don't make a bold play like that as scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
getting claims out there in an open setup sort of benefits the town in many cases, i don't know what type of games he is most experienced with but on epicmafia many of the formats are best served by day 1 mass claims

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
for this setup I dont think its the best idea there are too many safe claims, too many power roles, and 2 night kills

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Asiina posted:

Still, if you are testing the waters of a new place, you don't make a bold play like that as scum.

Doesn't mean it was a good scum play. If he's scum. I conceded that it's not damning evidence.

I just think a mass claim of power roles is dumb af and is bound to get them killed or rbed

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I'm gonna be on a biking trip for 3 days from tomorrow so my posting is gonna be limited.

If I never post again I crashed my bike

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Hello friends, after reading some of the other auspol Mafia threads to familiarise, I understand my first move is meant to vote for Kashuno?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I love when games start while I'm sleeping. Fashionably late!

TheCog posted:

##Vote: AnonymousNarcotics

Actually, I'm considering something. I think the town might benefit from a mass claim.

Thoughts?

These sort of logic games aren't something I'm particularly good at sussing out. Assuming you're right it seems like it could work, but it genuinely does not seem like a fun way to play the game at all. I'd rather be wrong with every one of my convictions and end up losing since it's more fun at yelling at everyone calling them fools and being denigrated back, as is really the true spirit of the Mafia game.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This is actually a really bad vote. A lot of people have the same perspective as me, why vote me for it? Cogs plan is anti town because it will cause power roles to be targeted by mafia.

Is it that bad of a vote? I don't agree with gulag but he thinks that you're attacking someone who is blatantly town. Saying that other people share your perspective is particularly weak in such a binary issue.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Asiina posted:

Eh. I don't put much faith in those sort of truisms. You could just as easily say that being new makes him a wild card who's out to break all our boundaries.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Is it that bad of a vote? I don't agree with gulag but he thinks that you're attacking someone who is blatantly town. Saying that other people share your perspective is particularly weak in such a binary issue.

I just finished running a game online for my friends. At least he's not basing his vote off of the number of letters in a name.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Metos posted:

Hello friends, after reading some of the other auspol Mafia threads to familiarise, I understand my first move is meant to vote for Kashuno?

They grow up so fast

*sniff*

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Tommunist posted:

They grow up so fast

*sniff*
F'reals though I've caught mostly up, last thing I'm not 100% sure on is what they were talking about on the scum doc of Podimas last game I read is what busing is and why I'm going to probably get owned by it.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

TheCog posted:

Ok, say one mafia claims power. Then each power role claims what they are, and we lynch whatever we have two of. Mafia dies.
Also this is dumb and you should sit in the corner and think about what you've said. If one mafia is going to claim a power why wouldn't every mafia claim a power? Then we have 9 claims to powers, 4 of which are doubled and we have a 50/50 shot of lynching the power role and losing it forever by not letting our backups come online. Spend 4 days doing that in the best case, but lets see how well we look trying that with all the night murdering happening too.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Hello, confirming!

I like the motivation behind cogs idea (as others have already said), but not the idea itself. Not that I've played more than one game with the guy (and not that I've ever seen his scum game), but that post reminds me of his content focused game in the other game I played with him.

Metos posted:

F'reals though I've caught mostly up, last thing I'm not 100% sure on is what they were talking about on the scum doc of Podimas last game I read is what busing is and why I'm going to probably get owned by it.
Bussing is when one scum accuses/gets into a fight with/leads a lynch on another scum for town cred

"Throws them under the bus", if you will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Flying Leatherman posted:

Bussing is when one scum accuses/gets into a fight with/leads a lynch on another scum for town cred

"Throws them under the bus", if you will
Oh sweet thanks, my previous thinking was that its when they all voted together in a minute to cause the hammer and gently caress someone over, hence "throwing them under the bus". But I don't want to say the wrong term later when everyone's going to tear out my throat thinking I made a scumslip.

• Locked thread