Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Aaaand gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Post as comments to popular threads?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wow there is already so much anger in the thread, geez

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Berious posted:

This thing really works!

I was secretly hoping to be Derek Smart though just so when cultists say I am Derek Smart I could smile knowingly

Just be glad you didn't get Jared Huckaby.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Eonwe posted:

wow there is already so much anger in the thread, geez

You never told me there were trojans here. :ohdear:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
real talk like 4 years ago there was a bad forum ad here that I got a nasty virus on my work computer from

been good since then tho

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

KiddieGrinder posted:

You never told me there were trojans here. :ohdear:

Just one in BYOB. He's kinda weird.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

that quiz said I'm a whale but I've given less than $5000 to CIG. what gives?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Did anyone get True Believer yet?

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Daztek posted:

Aaaand gone

Wow, so much for reddit being the Bastion of Free Speech.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Daztek posted:

Aaaand gone

They seem to be very upset.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Gilganixon posted:

You're a porpoise.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Gilganixon posted:

You must fulfill your destiny.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

stinch posted:

They have 71 open positions. If they have 300 employees than 71 is 25% of their current workforce. Bit strange for a company that only has a single product due to launch this year.

Support (1)

Well seems like CIG doesn't give a poo poo about it's costumers goons are going to keep clogging up the support line for the foreseeable future.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
drat I posted the quiz on reddit and it was taken down before anyone even responded :( they are quick on the draw today.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

The "Free Fly Weekend" really seems to be a hit.

I know Twitch streamers isn't the best measure but I figured at least there'd be a decent number of Twitchers playing it.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

A Neurotic Jew posted:

drat I posted the quiz on reddit and it was taken down before anyone even responded :( they are quick on the draw today.

They've gone full modzi to hide backer rebellion. It's funny how a bunch of fanboy volunteers swing the banhammer harder than the guys at CIG who's jobs depend on it

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY558i5hasg

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Berious posted:

They've gone full modzi to hide backer rebellion. It's funny how a bunch of fanboy volunteers swing the banhammer harder than the guys at CIG who's jobs depend on it
Thank goodness for the INN.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mirificus posted:

Thank goodness for the INN.

Fair and Balanced.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I'm beginning to think that the lack of progress on core features could spell trouble for the project

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Berious posted:

Reddit 5 mins ago: Hide everything. Only Threads glowing of CIG are allowed! :argh:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The delay between making posts on reddit due to negative karma is not very nice

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

In just 35 minutes, I too will be a part of this collective dream. See you in teh verse

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

BeefThief posted:

I'm beginning to think that the lack of progress on core features could spell trouble for the project

Now that you mention it.... :ohdear:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

kikkelivelho posted:

In just 35 minutes, I too will be a part of this collective dream. See you in teh verse

Your life will never be the same. Every game from now on will seem pale in comparison. Untold hours will be spent in the verse.

Remember this before you launch the BDSSE.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
the ab<<USE>> button

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Everyone ask them this coming week, what is the next major feature we can expect to see in the game. If it's not an outright scam, and they have the very barest level of competency, you should get some kind of answer.

Playing the game this weekend until yesterday when I got bored, I had a vision. Somebody should kickstart a demolition derby in space game.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Your life will never be the same. Every game from now on will seem pale in comparison. Untold hours will be spent in the verse.

Remember this before you launch the BDSSE.

I'm ready. I was born for this

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

You should read Disgusting bliss, it's a book about chris morris and his career, even the people who have worked with him from the beginning aren't really sure what's true and what's made up when it comes to the things he's done.

It's like he read the script to life and knows how to approach every situation.

Chris Morris is literally a comedy God in the vein of Peter Cook. He takes everything and keeps out pushing orthagonally. For those not cogniscant;

Produced a show called 'The Day Today' that was a direct parody of news editorializing *of the time* that now seems very ordinary, complete with insane graphics bumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTGE9153VFE

Moved on to 'Brass Eye', a similar idea, but riffing on the specials. They achieved noteriety when they got MPs to question a new drug called 'Cake', which didn't exist, and created a fake awareness campaign. They hit the pinnacle with their 'Pedogeddon' special that was poking fun at the 'panic' taking place in the UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcU7FaEEzNU[NSFW]

They were awesome at underlining the credibility of celebrities and other fame-hungry individuals.

I'd recommend that everyone go watch these shows, they're all over Youtube.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

BeefThief posted:

Everyone ask them this coming week, what is the next major feature we can expect to see in the game. If it's not an outright scam, and they have the very barest level of competency, you should get some kind of answer.

Playing the game this weekend until yesterday when I got bored, I had a vision. Somebody should kickstart a demolition derby in space game.

As long as it involves a space bulldozer pushing wreckage into space, I'll back it

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I think I need to lie down.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

D_Smart posted:

I figured they would do that, which is why I embedded it in my Twitter timeline

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/693072075825770496/photo/1

I also have it stashed on a different image sharing host.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

kikkelivelho posted:

I'm ready. I was born for this

Don't say you weren't warned. The Stimpire awaits.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Don't say you weren't warned. The Stimpire awaits.

The game has loading screens that double in pain every second.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Hav posted:

Chris Morris is literally a comedy God in the vein of Peter Cook. He takes everything and keeps out pushing orthagonally. For those not cogniscant;

Produced a show called 'The Day Today' that was a direct parody of news editorializing *of the time* that now seems very ordinary, complete with insane graphics bumps.

Moved on to 'Brass Eye', a similar idea, but riffing on the specials. They achieved noteriety when they got MPs to question a new drug called 'Cake', which didn't exist, and created a fake awareness campaign. They hit the pinnacle with their 'Pedogeddon' special that was poking fun at the 'panic' taking place in the UK.

They were awesome at underlining the credibility of celebrities and other fame-hungry individuals.

Morris' radio 1 shows with Peter Baynham are superb as well. And of course his radio 3 show with Peter Cook.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

The "Free Fly Weekend" really seems to be a hit.

I think they've been looking at their number of concurrents and worrying a bit about the burn rate, personally. Totally pulled out of my rear end, but the numbers I've heard have been sub 100,000 for the paying public; this should theoretically goose their sales and their concurrents, but it also might give them fairly horrible news about their relevancy.

It's their Iowa.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

BeefThief posted:

The game has loading screens that double in pain every second.

The <<Use>> animation that does genital mutilation is off the hook.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Hav posted:

God, could you Imagine if we could get Chris morris in this thread? :allears: that would be a ...... DREAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hav posted:

I think they've been looking at their number of concurrents and worrying a bit about the burn rate, personally. Totally pulled out of my rear end, but the numbers I've heard have been sub 100,000 for the paying public; this should theoretically goose their sales and their concurrents, but it also might give them fairly horrible news about their relevancy.

It's their Iowa.

Less than 100,000 backers have checked out Arena Commander 2.0, in total. The reality of the situation is that what they've provided is basically poo poo compared to what they promised and everybody except those in charge knows it. Hell at this point those in charge might know it as well.

The sad thing is that it didn't have to be. What they've put out has the makings to be a really cool single player game. It really could easily be Privateer / Wing Commander / Freelancer 2016. Unfortunately they sided to increase the difficult exponentially and make it a MMO.

• Locked thread