Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Went kinda Lego nuts today, bought the Mos Eisley set, the old V-Wing, the Republic Striker-class Starfighter and Taskmaster from the MODOK set. Gonna be a good weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

VaultAggie posted:

I'd probably say the zombie from series 1.

That's the only one I've ever bought a bag of and kept sealed.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

VaultAggie posted:

I'd probably say the zombie from series 1.

I've got like 20 of those guys. Hmm.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Man, the fact that nobody's excited for the Mad Max AT-TE from Rebels makes me sad... I can't wait to get my hands on super old Rex.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Shouldn't he be dead by the time of Rebels? Accelerated clone aging or whatever?

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Dogen posted:

Shouldn't he be dead by the time of Rebels? Accelerated clone aging or whatever?

I'm pretty sure he is specifically an "unaltered" clone and wasn't given the fast aging.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I can respect the AT-TE from Rebels but I might have to watch Clone Wars or something to get an appreciation for Ahsoka and the clones. Right now they just seem like needless additions to Rebels. I just want James Earl Jone's Vader to have all of the screen time, anyways.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I've got like 20 of those guys. Hmm.

I picked up 30 of the forestmen from series one, they stayed in stored for months here. I should have gone with zombies, but I wanted an army of archers.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

DisposableHero posted:

I'm pretty sure he is specifically an "unaltered" clone and wasn't given the fast aging.

Then how could he have been old enough to be in the Clone Wars?

I think the accelerated aging only takes them to military age, anyway, then it's just regular ol' aging.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

DisposableHero posted:

Sorry, I meant Rex

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Finally found some S15 in the UK, got Left Shark first time! Welp, it's all downhill from here.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Went to the LEGO store in Raleigh yesterday, and I thought I was going to make a minifig of my wife for her to put into the beach house I got her (she's from Florida and misses the climate there) but quickly realized I would have nowhere near enough time given the weekend crowd. Is there a good way to use Bricklink or another site to pick minifig parts online?

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

DisposableHero posted:

Rex is only 28 years old in Rebels, I'm pretty sure he is aging fast.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Gorgolflox posted:

Yeah, you're correct. I somehow misread the conversation and didn't realize who was being discussed.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Gorgolflox posted:

Yeah, he's seen some poo poo.

Actually, with their accents and physiques, I can't help but picture the old clone commanders as retired Kiwi rugby players.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Apollodorus posted:

Went to the LEGO store in Raleigh yesterday, and I thought I was going to make a minifig of my wife for her to put into the beach house I got her (she's from Florida and misses the climate there) but quickly realized I would have nowhere near enough time given the weekend crowd. Is there a good way to use Bricklink or another site to pick minifig parts online?

I wish LEGO would release sets that were nothing but various minifig parts. Just various styles and colors of hair, different facial expressions, different torsos, and legs. Maybe throw in a few props as well. They could even do theme sets, like police, firefighters, astronauts, knights, etc.

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

I built a thing this weekend!

The horse things were a pain because they wouldn't stay together when placing them, but otherwise it's very sturdy. My fingertips are all tore up though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Spent the last two weekends building Millennium Falcons. I've got the 7965 sitting right next to the 75105, and it's really noticeable just how refined and closer to the source the latter is. They're both great though.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
As a father to a 1-year old that will likely develop a Lego interest due to all the Lego exposure she is bound to get in this home i wish Duplo was more compatible with Lego than it currently is. Sure, it is "compatible" but that is only in the most "disclaimer'y" sense.
I would like to get her more Duplo but it feels like a waste of money since once you grow out of Duplo you can't bring them into your Lego collection, its a dead-end product that only holds interest for a few years. Lego, however, is interesting from 3-4 years old and until old age.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Feb 1, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A few years is pretty good for a baby toy. Most of them only last a few months.. if you're lucky.

Just buy a small collection of them, kid isn't going to give a poo poo if they can't build the millennium falcon. Then unload them at a garage sale later.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
I'm seriously debating "my first" mega block for my daughter because they are cheap and come in huge bags, since they are disposable and I don't care if she only uses them for 2 years.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ineptitude posted:

As a father to a 1-year old that will likely develop a Lego interest due to all the Lego exposure she is bound to get in this home i wish Duplo was more compatible with Lego than it currently is. Sure, it is "compatible" but that is only in the most "disclaimer'y" sense.
I would like to get her more Duplo but it feels like a waste of money since once you grow out of Duplo you can't bring them into your Lego collection, its a dead-end product that only holds interest for a few years. Lego, however, is interesting from 3-4 years old and until old age.

Duplo is a fantastic scale for 6-9" toys and if your elementary age kid doesn't drag out a box of Duplo to build stuff for all their action figures/dolls/cars/what have you then you are a failure as a parent and as a human being

rt_hat
Aug 3, 2003
YARRRR
I still have my LEGO Duplo plush rabbit that has a zipper compartment to keep your Duplo bricks in. I think it was released in 80's

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Ineptitude posted:

I'm not sure how you would like it to be more compatible. Cover the big blocks in tiny little dots that real Lego can connect to? Seems like it's fine as it is..

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Ineptitude posted:

My parents went and got my nephew a mountain of wood blocks, since Duplo was surprisingly expensive.

Then, when he was old enough, we got him real Lego, starting with the Junior sets, which he immediately loved.

Enough other people, preschools, and doctor's waiting rooms have Duplo. Don't worry about getting a specific toy at an age where kids aren't tied to certain brands and characters yet.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Kids are dumb, just re-wrap stuff you gave them after they forget about it for 6 months.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Ineptitude posted:

But Duplo blocks are precisely 2x the size of Lego blocks and Lego bricks can easily connect to them?

It seems like every parent I explain this to in my store finds this revelation shocking.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I think the problem is you can connect Duplo to Lego but can't connect Lego to Duplo. So you can only have Duplo on top. They need a Duplo base Lego stud block.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

That's not true at all.

I'm pretty sure some large-scale MOCs will use Duplo as a filler/structural material (although a 2x4 duplo brick probably costs more than 8 2x4 lego bricks).

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Yea it makes them lighter as well

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

Shawn posted:

I think the problem is you can connect Duplo to Lego but can't connect Lego to Duplo. So you can only have Duplo on top. They need a Duplo base Lego stud block.

http://www.jangbricks.com/2015/05/lego-duplo-are-compatible-use-this-to.html

You can easily connect both ways. You just need to use 2x4's so the blocks need to be the backbone of the build, unless you can get the right colors (which is harder in duplo)

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Holy poo poo, so the circles on the bottom of the Lego are interlocking with the studs on the Duplo?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shawn posted:

Holy poo poo, so the circles on the bottom of the Lego are interlocking with the studs on the Duplo?

You got it, Toyota.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Just a head's up, Bricks and Pieces is back so have fun scouring the set numbers to see if you can get rare pieces.

For about $2 you can get the entire RotJ Luke from Death Star Final duel, Sabine Wren's helmet is like $1, and I got that trans astromech droid head for $2.50. Pretty sick deals if you can find them.

For some reason absolutely no metallic silver lightsaber hilts though?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Zodack posted:

Just a head's up, Bricks and Pieces is back so have fun scouring the set numbers to see if you can get rare pieces.

For about $2 you can get the entire RotJ Luke from Death Star Final duel, Sabine Wren's helmet is like $1, and I got that trans astromech droid head for $2.50. Pretty sick deals if you can find them.

For some reason absolutely no metallic silver lightsaber hilts though?

Heh, just checked out Spaceship! x3 to see what the service was like...pretty much every printed part is out of stock, particularly everything printed with a classic space logo.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Got two Chell minifigures (from Portal 2) for 12 bucks shipped.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Cloks posted:

Got two Chell minifigures (from Portal 2) for 12 bucks shipped.

No way, the Dimension Packs work? I can't believe I didn't try that.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Some of them do. No luck with Dr. Who.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Thanks to Rythe for the Family House creator set. I didn't realize it was OOP when I first PM'd him/her so was afraid I was going to get the $$$ price but it was very reasonable and shipped fast and well protected (with box).

When putting together the car it made me realize Lego doesn't use the old classic doors very often. The only set in recent memory I know of was Emmet's car. Seems like most minifig scale cars just build up a wall and call it a door. I love those little things for some reason. I remember building all kinds of little cars as a kid and opening and closing those little doors was fun. Also while looking up Lego car sets I came across this, which I apologize if it's old, but it was too good not to post:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Peep this leak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7fDogSptXc