Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

GulagDolls posted:

so the difference between the two people advocating the same idea.... IS???????!?!

JakeP posted:

confirmed, lol cog while i disagree with cogs strat i doubt he is scum pulling a rolefishing gambit. I expect a new player to be more nervous as scum and not to openly make a play like that

Mittens posted:

Still, if you are testing the waters of a new place, you don't make a bold play like that as scum.

You however strike me as an opportunistic scum jumping on an idea that will allow a scum roleblocker free reign on keeping the town's tools in check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Tommunist posted:

Who do you have doubts about?

If you think someone's scum say it

I think Gulag is scum but lets be honest what the gently caress do we even know on day 1.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Your wording suggested several people friction.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
give the new dudes some breathing room

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

i just want answers!!!

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Friction.123 posted:

what the gently caress do we even know on day 1.

I find this attitude distressing, day 1 is great, its a day when we all can come up with fresh options, for example, Kashuno is obnoxious enough that he's probably not scum. Unfortunately.

Another opinion, Captain Foo has posted nothing so far! Don't think I don't see you!

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Friction.123 posted:

what the gently caress do we even know on day 1.

We know our own roles and the distribution of other roles, for one. There's fifteen other players. Assuming a given player is town, that means that person has a 5/15 or 1 in 3 chance of voting for a scum by sheer blind chance. We also know there's a serial killer about, so Mafia are going to be a little more aggressive about going for lynches instead of no-lynches, since every night that goes by is another chance that one of the Mafia gets shot. Therefore, anyone who votes a little too aggressively on someone with too little evidence is a bit more likely to be scum, and thus you can up your voting odds from 33% to 33% plus how sure you are this person's a scum based on these votes. It's not an exact science, but saying you don't know anything because it's day 1 (presumably because there's no flips or investigations) is not taking the time to stop an engage with the math and mechanics.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
Based on these votes, post, whatever.

For my own opinion I don't have much thought yet, but there's 24 hours to deadline. I don't think Cog is scum based on the massclaim idea.. It's possible it's a double bluff "hey guys let's out the town" or a triple bluff "hey let's look like I'm trying to be an eager young space cadet outing the scum so I can blend in" but that's not an actual play, that's something you make up for gaming_shit_that_didnt_happen.txt. I'm not super sold on that though so if he is pulling something like that, more power to him.

I don't think enough people have made enough serious posts to have any worthwhile opinion thus far.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That was all very scummy.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

would vote the butt

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway I think KB is scum because that vote on ANarc was way too easy. It's partially meta on both of their parts, but I wouldn't expect KB to jump on an easy vote, especially when ANarc says questionable things and makes questionable votes all the time.

I expect more of him, basically.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

using 100000000 words to convey an idea that can be expressed in two sentences...extremely scum man

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

For content's sake, let's vote on whether to massclaim today.

&&Massclaim: NO

Patterns in stances on whether or not to massclaim may be more useful than massclaiming. Let's do it every day until a majority vote to massclaim.

I'm for it. I haven't played many open setups and the potential for pure solving is pretty exciting to me. But later is fine.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Anyway I think KB is scum because that vote on ANarc was way too easy. It's partially meta on both of their parts, but I wouldn't expect KB to jump on an easy vote, especially when ANarc says questionable things and makes questionable votes all the time.

I expect more of him, basically.

I often vote for even less of a reason on D1. But this wasn't a joke vote. Her vote for Cog seems wrong to me, and her posts after it didn't help things.

Two possibilities I see here. One, you are just wrong, or Two, you are scum and after seeing my gut read performance on Rarity in our last game together you are scared of my ability to catch scum and want me gone. ;)

I should point out, that that gut read vote on Rarity was based on almost nothing, just my own read of her tone and meta. So you saying my vote on Anarc was too easy also rings false. :shrug:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

haha lets not all claim now

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
##vote Trasson
:shibe:wow, so Scumposts:shibe:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, it was pretty bad, but cutting the new guy a break.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Lumpen posted:

##vote Trasson
:shibe:wow, so Scumposts:shibe:

please don't shibe

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tommunist posted:

please don't shibe

:shibe:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

ahhhhhhhruhhhhhh

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

I often vote for even less of a reason on D1. But this wasn't a joke vote. Her vote for Cog seems wrong to me, and her posts after it didn't help things.

Two possibilities I see here. One, you are just wrong, or Two, you are scum and after seeing my gut read performance on Rarity in our last game together you are scared of my ability to catch scum and want me gone. ;)

I should point out, that that gut read vote on Rarity was based on almost nothing, just my own read of her tone and meta. So you saying my vote on Anarc was too easy also rings false. :shrug:

This is silly, especially that middle part. We have played many games together, why would I suddenly be so afraid of you because you caught my scumbuddy in a completely different game? Especially when even at the end you didn't think I was scum.

I also never implied that your ANarc vote was a joke vote, I knew it was a real vote and I think it's you taking advantage of an easy case on ANarc, who gets heat or lynched as town a lot D1 because of stuff she says that comes off as scummy.

I appreciate you trying to turn the vote back around on me for calling you out on it though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also in case it needs to be said, I won't vote any of the new people today. I don't vote new people D1 of their first game.

I definitely think Trasson is scummy though.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
[quote="Trasson" post="455686928"]
We know our own roles and the distribution of other roles, for one. There's fifteen other players. Assuming a given player is town, that means that person has a 5/15 or 1 in 3 chance of voting for a scum by sheer blind chance.
1 in 3 of choosing a Mafia by blind chance is still a 2 in 3 of choosing a Town, buddy.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
aaand congrats me to loving up a quote block. Obviously his quote ends at 'sheer blind chance'.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tommunist posted:

please don't shibe

Don't Shibe shame
\

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that would be true if you assume scum have no preferences in their vote, but thats simply a flase assumpition

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

This is silly, especially that middle part. We have played many games together, why would I suddenly be so afraid of you because you caught my scumbuddy in a completely different game? Especially when even at the end you didn't think I was scum.

I also never implied that your ANarc vote was a joke vote, I knew it was a real vote and I think it's you taking advantage of an easy case on ANarc, who gets heat or lynched as town a lot D1 because of stuff she says that comes off as scummy.

I appreciate you trying to turn the vote back around on me for calling you out on it though.

:shrug: Just weighing the possibilities. You saw me vote for seemingly "less" in our last game played together. Just strikes me as weird that you used that reason for voting me/disbelieving me.

Especially having reread just now and seeing you seemingly agree that she was being scummy. Or am I misrepresenting you?

Anyway, be sure to update your "meta" of me after this game. :)

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

thats a pretty passive aggressive smiley there KB

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

that would be true if you assume scum have no preferences in their vote, but thats simply a flase assumpition

should i watch turbo kid on net flix

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tommunist posted:

thats a pretty passive aggressive smiley there KB

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

should i watch turbo kid on net flix

Yes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not voting you for having no reason, just a bad and dumb reason, so talking about how you've voted for less doesn't really apply.

I also don't have any particular read on ANarc right now. I think her vote was bad, and her turning it around on gulag was dumb, but I've seen her be lynched over something like that before as town, so I don't necessarily think that they are scumtells like they would be if someone else did it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
But isnt it canadian?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm watching The 100 on Netflix. Took me about 5 episodes to get into it, but it's pretty good now.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The 100 is a really dumb show, especially s2

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I'm not voting you for having no reason, just a bad and dumb reason, so talking about how you've voted for less doesn't really apply.

I also don't have any particular read on ANarc right now. I think her vote was bad, and her turning it around on gulag was dumb, but I've seen her be lynched over something like that before as town, so I don't necessarily think that they are scumtells like they would be if someone else did it.

Ah, I misunderstood then.

You are still wrong, but meh.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I'm watching The 100 on Netflix. Took me about 5 episodes to get into it, but it's pretty good now.

It goes to some surprising places.

imgay posted:

The 100 is a really dumb show, especially s2

If by dumb you mean great.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

nah its really really dumb

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
look at us we a bunch of white dudes livin in a mountain im the president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm less than half way through season 1 so no spoilers pls.

• Locked thread